• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

I've been playing casually and finally got 50 gems. I pulled and very happy with the results:

yZL.png

holy shit.

tenton

I have 73 love stones now because I've max bonded almost all of my idolized idols. Tempted to pull the switch on the 11 draw but I'm scared. So are there are events where aanything higher than an R is guaranteed?

In the JP version, there are times where the 11 draw is guaranteed at least 1 SR. Currently, this seems to be the time in between events. Perhaps this will be coming at some point in the English version.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
In the JP version, there are times where the 11 draw is guaranteed at least 1 SR. Currently, this seems to be the time in between events. Perhaps this will be coming at some point in the English version.
The wiki says they have done events where they guarantee a UR. How often do those happen?

Yui

So are there are events where aanything higher than an R is guaranteed?

Yes there are 10+1 draws with one guaranteed SR or higher. But we don't know when they will introduce these for the english version.

Edit: B-B-B-Beaten

The wiki says they have done events where they guarantee a UR. How often do those happen?

Huh? Are they talking about the winter and summer poll UR's?

JoeFu

Banned
I hope they happen soon. Just gonna keep hoarding my love stones till then. Also hope they get the event out soon. Running out of things to do in the game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I hate hold notes that finish with another note. Ashiteru Banzai in hard is the devil.
Wait for the songs where they don't even sync up. It takes ages to get used to, much like drumming in the first Rock Band for me.

Huh? Are they talking about the winter and summer poll UR's?
There are draws that guarantee UR cards instead of SR cards, according to the wiki.

Well, it says "SR/UR", which implies that there are events that guarantee UR draws anyway.

froliq

I can just barely do the Honoka event song on hard. Probably better to stick with normal for me. Higher score rank and S on combo most of the time. At least I think that affects the event points you get?

m0t0k1

Ok, so how do I get LL cast girls into my ha-i mean, group again? This game is confusing.

Select members-> then group formation -> select a team -> then press the circle where you want to add the new girl.
Also like to add that auto formation works best for the specific songs you want to play so a red team for red blue for blue etc.

I thought all the 's was a play on u's (muse)
I'll be honest it was a spelling mistake. In dutch we always add a 's after we multiply so yeah just a example of lost in translation. So when i redone it thought it was kind of a funny spin on µ's yes but i don;t mind so i changed it.

tenton

I don't recall any 10+1 draws that result in a guaranteed, real UR. There have been login bonus promos, like the upcoming summer Eli UR (probably won't have the stats of a real UR). They did one for Christmas in the same way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can just barely do the Honoka event song on hard. Probably better to stick with normal for me. Higher score rank and S on combo most of the time. At least I think that affects the event points you get?
I have gotten 186 points with a higher end C score on Hard. What have you been getting on normal?

I don't recall any 10+1 draws that result in a guaranteed, real UR. There have been login bonus promos, like the upcoming summer Eli UR (probably won't have the stats of a real UR). They did one for Christmas in the same way.
Honestly, I'm more interested in SR/UR skills than stats. lol
What do you have to do for the Eli card?

Are the guaranteed SR/UR 10+1 draws only when the new SRs/URs introduced (aka before January 5th for the current one) or is it still guaranteed during the event, when there is no increased chance for the new ones? Just clarifying since the wording on the main page confuses me a bit.

As of now, each time after an event ended, the guaranteed SR/UR 10+1 draw, and the increased rate of getting the new set of SRs/UR (Note that base rate will remain the same) will be on till the next event starts. Once the next event starts, the guaranteed draw and the increased rates for the new ones will end.
That's what I read on the wiki... which seems to suggest that there are times when they guarantee a UR card if you do 10+1. Unless I'm reading that wrong?

tenton

Wait for the songs where they don't even sync up. It takes ages to get used to, much like drumming in the first Rock Band for me.

There are draws that guarantee UR cards instead of SR cards, according to the wiki.

Well, it says "SR/UR", which implies that there are events that guarantee UR draws anyway.

The guarantee is SR or better (i.e. UR). That guaranteed card might be a UR instead of a SR. Basically you could draw 10 Rs and 1 UR or 10 Rs and 1 SR. Or you could get more SRs and URs

Chariot

Poll (you can vote for multiple Idols!) and ID list for the new page

alexein - ID: 567122377 / Alexandre
BGBW - ID: 770403747 / idolm@ster
Blacksafs - ID: 769323267 / Safs@GAF
Chariot - ID: 138733509 / Karl@GAF
chickdigger802 - ID: 928785609 / Cdig

chrono01 - ID: 522640488 / Chrono
Draxal - ID: 716158992 / Drax@gaf
empressdonna - ID: 780225121 / Donna
EvilKatarn - ID: 228908451 / アイドルのGAF
firehawk12 - ID: 193512899 / Allen

gashikunFLCL - ID: 679577154 / まこまこりん
holysan - ID: 189388923 / Maki-lucky
ImBarryScott - ID: 852848557 / CrunkyBall
Jintor - ID: 544772824 / Miso
JoeFu - ID: 302166723 / joefu

Kincaido - ID: 343412777 / Kincaido
Kumubou - ID: 988992277 / Kumubou
Markun - ID: 371289809 / Markun
Mokoi - ID: 068482645 / Mokoi
MSMrRound - ID: 900103822 / HarashoGAF

Paprikka - ID: 970842023 / Safflower
Recknoc - ID: 983459193 / OhNoMelon
Rahk - ID: 706326408 / Rahk
Ronok - ID: 662554678 / Chihiro
SpacePirate Ridley - ID: 363623790 / SPRidley

The Grim Heaper - ID: 156513442 / Heaper
Thoraxes - ID: 062309120 / Thoraxes
Wyndstryker - ID: 784265711 / Kawada
Yui - ID: 059672033 / Alice
ZetaEpyon - ID: 386332454 / Zeta

Lurkers
Aishin - ID: 723671907 / Shin (account has yet to be activated)
xxx - 442785467 / moogs (account has yet to be activated)

--

Come on, give us the event! I need them Gems.
Really want a UR hard now o_O

tenton

Honestly, I'm more interested in SR/UR skills than stats. lol
What do you have to do for the Eli card?

The promo SR and URs sometimes have the same skills as the Rs do. I know all the URs from the BDs are this way. But that does mean you can level them up with R cards (I have one BD UR that's level 6 skill and couple that are level 5).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ah, SR or better. Of course. lol

Also, here is the chart for the JP version of the event that we were supposed to get:
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=みんな集まれ!_Sweet_Holiday_ことりのおやつ

15,000 points to get the card? Holy shit!

The promo SR and URs sometimes have the same skills as the Rs do. I know all the URs from the BDs are this way. But that does mean you can level them up with R cards (I have one BD UR that's level 6 skill and couple that are level 5).
Well, that's too bad. At least it's easy to get!

tenton

Ah, SR or better. Of course. lol

Also, here is the chart for the JP version of the event that we were supposed to get:
http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=みんな集まれ!_Sweet_Holiday_ことりのおやつ

15,000 points to get the card? Holy shit!

The event song, clearing S-rank and S-combo on hard gives you 233 event points. Add in the event points you get for farming the tokens (1 pt for 1 token) and it's going to require a commitment, but not your life. But this is also why it's important to level up as much as you can right now, so limit the amount of wasted time at full LP.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The event song, clearing S-rank and S-combo on hard gives you 233 event points. Add in the event points you get for farming the tokens (1 pt for 1 token) and it's going to require a commitment, but not your life. But this is also why it's important to level up as much as you can right now, so limit the amount of wasted time at full LP.
S-rank on Hard seems impossible unless you drop cash and fill out your team with Rares. Unfortunately my Pure team is extremely weak on my US account, so I'm probably only going to be able to get Cs at best.

I believe it was 130 for B rank normal with full combo.
Hrm, it costs 15 more tokens to play on Hard... I'm too lazy to do the math on that in terms of min/maxing. I assume it works out to much better to play on Hard if you have a team with all Rares, but my team is only at around 23k, so it might actually be better to play on Normal. Damn... lol

Ronok

Now that I have reached a point where I have some decently long downtime on the English version I decided to grab the Japanese version as well.. (addiction?)

Can someone explain to me how the events work exactly?

tenton

S-rank on Hard seems impossible unless you drop cash and fill out your team with Rares. Unfortunately my Pure team is extremely weak on my US account, so I'm probably only going to be able to get Cs at best.

Hrm, it costs 15 more tokens to play on Hard... I'm too lazy to do the math on that in terms of min/maxing. I assume it works out to much better to play on Hard if you have a team with all Rares, but my team is only at around 23k, so it might actually be better to play on Normal. Damn... lol

Why do the math, when the wiki has done the math for you? :p http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

Funny enough, my Pure team is my strongest team, points wise, even though my only UR and SR are both Smiles. I've lucked out, I guess, in getting a few Pure Rs transformed and leveled up.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Now that I have reached a point where I have some decently long downtime on the English version I decided to grab the Japanese version as well.. (addiction?)

For the current one, you need to collect special tokens by playing songs. Then you redeem those tokens to play the challenge song. Both contribute to a total score for the event, which gets you certain prizes based on the chart that is in the game. For this event, to get the SR card, you need 12k points.
(You also get 2 Rs on the way up there too...)

m0t0k1

There are two types of events from the wiki here are the rules from the current event:
Occasionally, events will appear in the game. Typically, this will be announced in the updates and, during the period of the event, a small icon will appear below the notifications bulletin board. During the event, an event live stage will appear in the special stages section; in addition, new rhythm icons (from now on designated as tokens) will appear in all live stages except the event live stage. The player must collect these tokens from playing other songs in order to play the event live stage. The goal of the events is to collect as many event points as possible to receive prizes, especially the displayed SR card that the event is themed around. Each token collected nets the player 1 event point, whereas playing the event stage gives a significantly larger amount of event points (generally on hard, 200 points for clearing + combo bonus). In addition to prizes received when a certain number of points is reached, a player may receive rewards for reaching a certain rank after the event is over, in overall points and in event song ranking.

Note: Generally, the song's LP cost reflects the maximum number of tokens the player can receive from the stage, i.e. a song that costs 4 LP will give 4 event tokens. There are two exceptions to this: 15 LP songs will give 16 tokens, and 25 LP songs will give 27 tokens. Also note that in order to receive the token, the player may score Bad or higher, but the player cannot miss the token in the stage. If the player misses the token, he/she will not receive it in the end of the performance.

here is what you will win if you reach to 12.000 points you will get all these prices + SR honoka like the one in the banner from the OP
Points Achieved Reward
10 pts 5000 G
50 pts 100 Friend Points
200 pts 1 Loveca Stone
500 pts 5000 G
1000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
1500 pts 200 Friend Points
2000 pts Kizaki Akira (Cool)
3000 pts 10000 G
4000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
5000 pts 300 Friend Points
6000 pts R Alpaca
7000 pts 15000 G
8000 pts 400 Friend Points
9000 pts R Miyama Satoko
10000 pts 20000 G
11000 pts 500 Friend Points
12000 pts SR Honoka x1

Also for getting points you will move up in the rankings this is done with real players. Depending on your ranking you can get extra rewards at the end of the event. You can see your ranking by going to event page pressing the pink button in the middle and then in the upper right change the pink button under the 1 to the japense signs witouth numbers to see your ranking here are the prizes.
Event Rank Reward
1st - 5000th SR Honoka x2

R Sasahara Kyouko
5001st - 25000th SR Honoka x1

R Sasahara Kyouko
25001st - 60000th R Sasahara Kyouko

1 Ticket
60001st - 125000th 1 Ticket
125001st - 225000th 3 Loveca Stones
225001st - 350000th 2 Loveca Stones
350001st - 500000th 1 Loveca Stone

And they have introduced score events but this has nothing to do with the current event. this will probably be the next jpn event so you can keep in mind what this is about. Also from the wiki:
Score Matching Event

Starting on October 5, 2013, a new form of event was added to Love Live! School Idol Festival. This event pits players against each other to compete for the highest ranking score, rewarding higher ranking players with more points.

To participate in the Score Matching event, enter the Event page through from the Home Screen (the event should be appropriately titled "Score Match"). In the center, there is a large button with the words スコアマッチに参加する! Pressing this will bring you to a difficulty screen. The player chooses the difficulty and a random song from the regular set of songs will be selected of that difficulty. The player chooses the unit he or she wishes to use, then is placed into a waiting room with 3 other players. While waiting, pre-set chat phrases may be used to communicate with your fellow players. If a player finishes before all other players are finished (likely due to lag), they are once again placed into a waiting room and can exchange another set of pre-set phrases. (Players may do this during the results screen as well.)

After finishing the live stage, the players are ranked from 1st to 4th based on their score (although their combo record is shown too). Then event points are calculated (after gaining experience, kizuna, and gold like usual). Each difficulty has its own base amount of event points. The base number of points gets multiplied by a multiplier depending on the player's score rank and placement compared to the other players. If the player fails the song, they gain a fixed amount of event points.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why do the math, when the wiki has done the math for you? :p http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index...ameplay#Events

Funny enough, my Pure team is my strongest team, points wise, even though my only UR and SR are both Smiles. I've lucked out, I guess, in getting a few Pure Rs transformed and leveled up.
Holy shit. I love that there are nerds who min/maxed this shit. I'm a bit torn, because I do want to play the song on Hard for "fun", but clearly I would make out better playing on Normal for points.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any geeky thing with numbers can be more complicated when you have nerds diving down into the numbers to figure things out. :p
Indeed. :p

And I just put it to the test myself. The song is easy as heck to get a full combo on Normal, and my half-assed team of Rares can get an S on it no problem, which means it's more efficient for me to play it on Normal than on Hard.

I'm not sure how I feel about this game design... I'm sacrificing fun (since Normal is pretty boring) for the sake of score. I would bank my points for the 4x event at the end, but I figure I should get the completion bonuses as well for the free Friend points.

But I guess everyone starts this way. Or, alternatively, I'm sure they hope that an average player will feel happy to drop the yens to try to get lots of good cards. lol

Chariot

So, I improved the Overview.
No blinding blank background anymore, option of switching to the HQ Pictures and an option how many Idols should be shown per page. (Tip: don't do HQ and all together.)

If you see any bugs or missing pictures, please tell me. Also if you have suggestions how this can be further improved.

edit: also added an favicon made out of on of blacksafs Maki avatars

m0t0k1

So, I improved the Overview.
No blinding blank background anymore, option of switching to the HQ Pictures and an option how many Idols should be shown per page. (Tip: don't do HQ and all together.)

If you see any bugs or missing pictures, please tell me. Also if you have suggestions how this can be further improved.

edit: also added an favicon made out of on of blacksafs Maki avatars

Do you even do html+css?! :p

Nice work on lining up all the cards. Maybe if you have way to much time on your hand when selecting a card let it create a lightbox or something with a darkbackground when you select and card and make that one card go in HQ mode and maybe when you have even wayyyyy more time on your hand. when in ligtbox mode create a text part with info on the card like their stats and their hobbies or wayyy more importantly their bloodtype for example :p. But that is a shitload of work and pretty tedious. I am already happy you created that :)

Mokoi

Banned
The card of Hitomi Shiga reminds me of Jotaro from JoJo. Also I didn't listen to your tip and HQ/all. It was idol overload.

Chariot

j70c0WcJFBfCr.png

NOM NOM NOM - Hanayo would be BBFs with Cure Honey
So, I finally saw the most recent episode. Hanayo DO eat a lot. I want to see a Pacman Clone with Hanayo :D
The episode in itself was nice too. I was a bit depressed that Honoka was near useless at the beginning of the season, when it come to her work. But she got better and we soon will finally see Nozomis story and why she brought Muse together. Looking forward to it.

Do you even do html+css?! :p
I am glad, that it turned out so thin. Most of the webstuff I made so far is unnecessary clunky, even when its simple. :D
Nobody want to see the horror that is the code of the first Anime Dream Machine. It looks like four rows of text, but behind that there is really bad code. But well, learning from mistakes and so on, aye.

Nice work on lining up all the cards. Maybe if you have way to much time on your hand when selecting a card let it create a lightbox or something with a darkbackground when you select and card and make that one card go in HQ mode and maybe when you have even wayyyyy more time on your hand. when in ligtbox mode create a text part with info on the card like their stats and their hobbies or wayyy more importantly their bloodtype for example :p. But that is a shitload of work and pretty tedious. I am already happy you created that :)
Yeah, I thought about that, but the way I made the side I would have to create a database and fill it. Thats too much work for me.
The Lightbox is a nice idea, but I dunno. I would hate it, if there were a giant field of linked images. Always accidently clicking shit, even worse with my phone. Maybe I could make a option for that.
I have another thing in mind that has nothing to do with the overview, but I shall at least try to make a lightbox some time.

The card of Hitomi Shiga reminds me of Jotaro from JoJo. Also I didn't listen to your tip and HQ/all. It was idol overload.
Yeah, I like her design, too. Those girl have to appear in the anime...!

I love the overview so thank you for making it. And on that note a late thank you to m0t0k1 for the thread.
I am pleased that you like ot :)

The plan: level a normal idol to max, use maxed idol to level another normal idol to 40, continue until all normal idols are idolized and max and thus in the album and I can get rid of them.

the problem: I just ran out of money

the aftermath: all my R idols are lvl 1 and I'm out of cash and the event is coming soon

Yui

The daily check-in 'calendar' thing for the next month appears. ^^
The whole login reward calendar changes every month. Your current position does not matter.
Which means you have to login every day of a month to get all the rewards on a field. If you miss a login, you will miss a reward for that month.

Draxal

I'm wondering how many "native" Japanese players are double dipping with the global release.

*native* = players from Japan and not global players playing the Japanese version.

m0t0k1

I love the overview so thank you for making it. And on that note a late thank you to m0t0k1 for the thread.

No problemo as a present i made a comic about the picture of our board of dispear :)

Also chariot yes i know it is a lot of work. That is why i said it was nice work what you did. You can keep it that way because i would know how much work it is making a database and lightbox and stuff but you wanted a suggestion and i gave it. :D

chrono01

I figured I'd [finally] post my name/ID. I'll add whoever I can now and more later [when my Friend List expands].

I hope to see you in-game!

Chariot

The plan: level a normal idol to max, use maxed idol to level another normal idol to 40, continue until all normal idols are idolized and max and thus in the album and I can get rid of them.

the problem: I just ran out of money

the aftermath: all my R idols are lvl 1 and I'm out of cash and the event is coming soon
:(
Better not level the Ns. I stopped after I maxed one and now I always have near 300k gold.

Also chariot yes i know it is a lot of work. That is why i said it was nice work what you did. You can keep it that way because i would know how much work it is making a database and lightbox and stuff but you wanted a suggestion and i gave it. :D
Yes and I am thankful. I didn't want to sound mad or something, I just explained, that I propably won't do it.
Maybe when exam time comes and I do EVERYTHING except learning for them.

No problemo as a present i made a comic about the picture of our board of dispear :)
Haha, cool!

I figured I'd [finally] post my name/ID. I'll add whoever I can now and more later [when my Friend List expands].

I hope to see you in-game!
Welcome! :)
With you we have 30 members now, even more if we count the lurkers, so double or almost double the average friendlist size. Terrible and nice :D

chrono01

Welcome! :)
With you we have 30 members now, even more if we count the lurkers, so double or almost double the average friendlist size. Terrible and nice :D
Thanks!

I only have my starter Honaka right now, but I have 69 Loveca Stones saved for WHENEVER they start the 10 + 1 SR event. I hope to get a nice one with that, and promptly level her up. >:)

As for the number of people playing basically doubling the current Friend List size? As frustrating as it is not being able to add everyone right now, it's nice to see such interest in the game. We must expand even further!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom