• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

PewPewK

What the hell is up with them taking away all our EX songs?

K Labs (or Bushiroad, I'm not sure who's responsible for the US version) is really starting to get on my nerves. We didn't get an update after the last event like normal, and then they gave us an update a few weeks late with only half the content in it, then on the same day they take all our EX songs out and put nothing new into the rotation!?

*sigh* I've started playing the JP version now so I can play some new content.

Draxal

What the hell is up with them taking away all our EX songs?

K Labs (or Bushiroad, I'm not sure who's responsible for the US version) is really starting to get on my nerves. We didn't get an update after the last event like normal, and then they gave us an update a few weeks late with only half the content in it, then on the same day they take all our EX songs out and put nothing new into the rotation!?

*sigh* I've started playing the JP version now so I can play some new content.
It's because we kinda skipped two events in Japan (although I'm not sure how they handled new content during that time in Japan because those events were abbreviated iirc).

I do wish we had new ex songs, as grinding is much more fun when there's a song you need to fc.

elhaym

why, don't like it?

I mean when you're grinding a song a bunch, do you play with sound? I am 25 plays away from A rank clears on it and you better believe I am listening to something else while I finish that up

Nope, really dislike it. Hate may be too strong a word though.

I generally play perfect-attack with rhythm games, and can't do it without the music at all. :|

edit:

Early this time!

BuUjf2CIAAEcQne.jpg

Draxal

Nope, really dislike it. Hate may be too strong a word though.

I generally play perfect-attack with rhythm games, and can't do it without the music at all. :|

edit:

Early this time!

I was waiting for this gif, thought this was a song that is relatively easier to full perfect than the others (I of course will never do it).

elhaym

Oh, I just need those diamonds. FC would be nice but the one time I FC'd it in jp seems to have been a fluke ;_;

I dunno. Originally I couldn't FC this damned song for my life - the stupid cross-double-note things near the end ALWAYS screwed me up. After working on some of the more challening EX songs though, it's now pretty easy.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Drove 80 mph all the way home and bought some iTunes cards. Time to take a quick shower and FUCKING GO IN. I'M COMING FOR YOU ELI

Hachitora

Finally got a song that wasn't Bokura no Live or Diamond Princess for the Score match. Donna Toki mo Zutto is pretty fun to play (even got first place)

Mokoi

Banned
More like his brain. I feel like I'd go crazy playing a song that many times in a row. Like how can you stand doing that. How many hours straight did you play?

Hmm well it doesn't bother me playing one song over and over. I mean I've played Mogyutto "love" 787 times now.

Drove 80 mph all the way home and bought some iTunes cards. Time to take a quick shower and FUCKING GO IN. I'M COMING FOR YOU ELI

lol that made me laugh way too much.

JoeFu

Banned
787 times for one song...

I'm not even sure all my songs added up would equal 787 times played. Holy crap dude

Can you get FC with your eyes closed?

chrono01

I really wish I took advantage of the EX song before it left. If I had known it wouldn't be replaced with another, I would have done my Token Grinding last night. ~_~

Oh well, I guess it's time to work on those 100 Plays for Wonder Zone.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I really wish I took advantage of the EX song before it left. If I had known it wouldn't be replaced with another, I would have done my Token Grinding last night. ~_~

The three daily 25 LP songs are still there though.

Mokoi

Banned
Did you spend cash on slots... lol

Well yeah of course.

787 times for one song...

I'm not even sure all my songs added up would equal 787 times played. Holy crap dude

Can you get FC with your eyes closed?

lol like I said it was easy to FC while drunk, and I don't play it anymore because it's a 15lp song.

You're grinding wrong. Just play the 25lp daily hard songs. It's takes less time to play, and you get the same amount of tokens/diamonds whatever they are.

chrono01

You're grinding wrong. Just play the 25lp hard songs. It's takes less time to play, and you get the same amount of tokens/diamonds whatever they are.
Yeah, I had completely forgotten that that the Daily Hard Songs were worth 25LP. I guess that fixes the no EX issue!

Edit - I didn't have this one FC'd yet either. Nice surprise. Free Loveca!

Mokoi

Banned
mokoi you are my hero

lol I'm afraid to inform you, but you made a terrible choice for a hero :p
--

Also just noticed, but they added wonder zone eh. I'm not really a fan of that song, so yeah I'm disappointed.

edit: Congrats safs! That Eli card is nice.

StayDead

Just saw Episode 6 of Season 2. So good <3

I just kinda wish I was watching the bluray version of it rather than the TV version but it's cool. I can watch it again later <333

Hachitora

I swear, there might as well be only 3 songs for the score matches
Just saw Episode 6 of Season 2. So good <3

I just kinda wish I was watching the bluray version of it rather than the TV version but it's cool. I can watch it again later <333

Yeah, I think everyone here can agree that S2E6 was one of the best episodes.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
500 something tokens saved up right now with around 2100 points. I will continue my crusade after getting some sleep.

Mokoi

Banned
Well I'm pretty much done with this event. I'm sure 23,220 points should keep me in the top 200 for that second Eli.

Draxal

Well I'm pretty much done with this event. I'm sure 23,220 points should keep me in the top 200 for that second Eli.

Well, not top 200 but top 1000, and i think the cutoff's been around that for the second SR card.

Step it up man, at least three of us already have her already :p (Congrats Drax)

Thanks, I'm pretty sure Elhaym will be the fourth to get it before Kincaido. I'm wondering if anybody else will as well. I mainly wanted to fc Mermaid Festa Vol 2. yesterday, and I had one good only twice le sigh.

Mokoi

Banned
Well, not top 200 but top 1000, and i think the cutoff's been around that for the second SR card.

Hmm I think I had about 25,000 last event, and still got in the top 200. perhaps it was 35,000 instead I don't remember.

Mokoi breaking kLab with nuns.
They should make a spin-off "Nun Live!"

I approve of this.

Can you play for me please

Haha sure just give me your transfer code, so I can sell all your idols. That'll work right?

Hmm I think I had about 25,000 last event, and still got in the top 200. perhaps it was 35,000 instead I don't remember.

I approve of this.

Haha sure just give me your transfer code, so I can sell all your idols. That'll work right?

Definitely 35k. I was like 23k last event and ranked in the 800s.

I figure I want to get to 20k by end of Friday, then my limited Love Living on vacation.

Mokoi

Banned
What are you going to do when Nun's second card comes out?

I just don't know. I guess I'll delete all the Nuns I have, and max bonds with the new one. I can't expand my character member limit with loveca anymore.

Definitely 35k. I was like 23k last event and ranked in the 800s.

I figure I want to get to 20k by end of Friday, then my limited Love Living on vacation.

Enjoy your vacation.

Oh damn Mokoi has been dethroned by Hanayo! Get em NUN!

Lol I wasn't dethroned. I was never in 1st, and nahh I'm not trying to stay in the top anymore. Just going to play everynow and again in order to get that 2nd Eli.

Hachitora

Wow, it's been a while, but my game just crashed. Brought me back to my home screen right before I hit the first note. Good thing I had enough LP to level up

So, I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something here. Here's my math: a pair of 25lp songs plus a run of the event song on hard nets you ~250 points. You can do this every five hours, or about 5 times a day for ~1250 points per day. The event lasts 10 days, for a total of ~12500 points, with about ~11000 required to get the SR. So, as I see it, it's basically impossible to get the SR without using love gems if you don't feel like waking up in the middle of the night just to play the game. Is this correct, or is there something I'm missing that lets people get the SR in the first few days without blowing though $30 worth of love gems?

elhaym

So, I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something here. Here's my math: a pair of 25lp songs plus a run of the event song on hard nets you ~250 points. You can do this every five hours, or about 5 times a day for ~1250 points per day. The event lasts 10 days, for a total of ~12500 points, with about ~11000 required to get the SR. So, as I see it, it's basically impossible to get the SR without using love gems if you don't feel like waking up in the middle of the night just to play the game. Is this correct, or is there something I'm missing that lets people get the SR in the first few days without blowing though $30 worth of love gems?

Yeah, I'm basically blowing gems... not $30 worth, but I'm dropping them.

chrono01

Idol Life is serious business.

But yes, $30 worth of Loveca isn't needed. 10-15 should be enough to get you your second SR even, unless you have extremely low LP or cannot reliably combo/rank the event song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom