• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draxal

So, I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something here. Here's my math: a pair of 25lp songs plus a run of the event song on hard nets you ~250 points. You can do this every five hours, or about 5 times a day for ~1250 points per day. The event lasts 10 days, for a total of ~12500 points, with about ~11000 required to get the SR. So, as I see it, it's basically impossible to get the SR without using love gems if you don't feel like waking up in the middle of the night just to play the game. Is this correct, or is there something I'm missing that lets people get the SR in the first few days without blowing though $30 worth of love gems?

People are around level 90ish-100 right now, so that would be around 75 energy which would equal to 3 25 energy songs.

3 25 energy songs would get you 81 event points. And I'm at least getting s/a for 227 on each run of the event song (this event song is rather easy). So I'm getting around 489.6 per loveca. (81 from the collectables, 408.6 from the song).

You'll also discounting level ups resetting your energy (pretty easy to plan around); and the free loveca gained from the event.

Yeah, $30 was an exaggeration, but I guess that confirms that if I want that SR (and I very much do, since my highest cool character is level 60 red SR), I'll have to drop a bit of cash on it. Thanks!

tafer

Yeah, $30 was an exaggeration, but I guess that confirms that if I want that SR (and I very much do, since my highest cool character is level 60 red SR), I'll have to drop a bit of cash on it. Thanks!
To be honest, you don't need to spend cash to earn it or even sacrifice sleep since we are at that. While it takes effort, a little bit of organization can do wonders (specially leveling up).... but yeah, a few gems can seriously reduce the hard work.

elhaym

What rank are you? How many LP do you have available to play? Are you able to max bond with any of your Ns for the extra stones while you're grinding the 25LP songs?

(Are you saving stones for the 11 draw after the event? That could potentially be a better idea if you're close to 50 and not dead-set on grabbing this Eli).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yep that episode was really bad.

---

The hell kLab won't let me increase the member limit. How am I supposed to hold all these Nuns!
How many slots did you have? lol

You really don't. You only need to spend money if you can only play the game once a day or if you want to get the extra SRs.

flammie

So, I'm trying to figure out if I'm missing something here. Here's my math: a pair of 25lp songs plus a run of the event song on hard nets you ~250 points. You can do this every five hours, or about 5 times a day for ~1250 points per day. The event lasts 10 days, for a total of ~12500 points, with about ~11000 required to get the SR. So, as I see it, it's basically impossible to get the SR without using love gems if you don't feel like waking up in the middle of the night just to play the game. Is this correct, or is there something I'm missing that lets people get the SR in the first few days without blowing though $30 worth of love gems?

If you are high level, you'll have a high lp total, which mimizes the lp lost when sleeping. If you are low level, you will level up a lot during the event, providing free lp recharges. In both cases, you can easily get the SR before the end of the event without waking up in the middle of the night if you manage lp properly when awake.

To be honest, you don't need to spend cash to earn it or even sacrifice sleep since we are at that. While it takes effort, a little bit of organization can do wonders (specially leveling up).... but yeah, a few gems can seriously reduce the hard work.

Yeah, but my particular schedule makes it difficult to be perfectly efficient. I did a decent job today, and will continue to try, but I won't be surprised (nor really bothered, either) if I have to use a few love gems on the last day to make it. I mean, I'm not upset about spending money on it, I haven't spent any yet and this game has given me more than enough entertainment to be worth throwing $5-10 at. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't any particular mechanic of the game I had missed that was making my play significantly less efficient.

What rank are you? How many LP do you have available to play? Are you able to max bond with any of your Ns for the extra stones while you're grinding the 25LP songs?

(Are you saving stones for the 11 draw after the event? That could potentially be a better idea if you're close to 50 and not dead-set on grabbing this Eli).

Rank 30-something with 43 LP (though about to level once I finish this post and do one more song). I'm saving up for an 11 draw by maxing bonds, so when it comes to the last day, if I don't have Eli yet, I'll use LP to get her, and then buy back what I spent, no big deal. As I said above, this game has more than earned $5-10 of my cash.

Azusa

Uh, I was so close.... Actually I didn't focus this time. It's just an unexpected result of mindless event token grinding.

pDPl7BU.png

PewPewK

Nah, it's been addressed by a few others, but I'll just say that I have not used a single lovegem to recharge my LP ever and I've gotten every SR except Nico (I was busy that week) with over a day to spare.

I did not have to change my sleep schedule either. I'd play throughout the day whenever I could, and made sure to empty all my LP before going to bed, but I'd sleep 7-9 hours and then just play in the morning.

tenton

I just don't know. I guess I'll delete all the Nuns I have, and max bonds with the new one. I can't expand my character member limit with loveca anymore.

I'm guessing they'll expand the roster amount that you can buy like they did in the JP version. That happened way before Nun 2.0 came out.

Mokoi

Banned
How many slots did you have? lol

got some new goodies, Umi/Eli wall scroll, Maki/Rin straps, S2 BD2 and a CD
After watching the part 1 day 1 of Endless Parade, the wait for part 2 will be even harder. Magnetic Tomorrow is pretty good too.

Yep Magnetic Tomorrow is really good. and nice pick ups. I want my Nozomi strap already.

I haven't played much all day. Yeah I'm pooped out.

Heh too much idol for you.

I remember this being a LOT harder.

edit: Eli get!

Black magic :p Also congrats on the Eli. I wonder if Kincaido has gotten it yet.

chrono01

Well I went through all of my tokens and I'm in the 8600 point area. I'll likely grind more tomorrow, I'm going to take a small break.

Idol is serious [exhausting] work.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I have enough tokens for eli right now. Taking a break right now though. Will have her before I go to sleep in the morning lol

Mokoi

Banned
Vita game really does have a shit track list. Although I wasn't disappoint at that reveal since I never planned on getting it.

Also Yay Yay! Another SR honkers, and now my all honkers smile team is complete. Although I hate that there is a rare/cool honkers in the mix.

Kincaido

Still gonna try to rank high, or just top 200/1000?

Depends on how I feel after work every night I guess lol. Had the day off today so played a lot. I'd like to get top 20 minimum though. I will get top 200 no matter what for sure

Edit: Also, I got an extra friend slot now if anyone wants to add me 343412777

Kincaido

special illistrations for the transfer students

I like Shizuku's the most

Now you need UR Honoka!

Yeah, its a lot of playing to keep up, part of why for this event and the last, I liked getting the card early. But hopefully this event doesn't intensify too much

Dat Jennifer is hella good

Yeah, this event seems okay. As long as it doesn't get Nico's level of crazy it should be fine.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I really want the new art of the original normals since it looks so much better than the old art.

Almost all my old max level normals have been consumed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I've just seen some really really bad LL figurines. Just search microman love live! on your Japanese figurine outlet on choice and gasp in horror.

StayDead

My Maki/Eli/Nico mini wall scrolls came today. They're 18cm by 60cm so not as big as I thought, but not as small as they could've been either. I'll get a picture once I've charged my camera but then they need to go back away as I've nowhere to put them atm ;;

Hachitora

Alright, I've gotten the same song on Score Match 4 times in a row. Kodoku na Heaven stop pls.

The avatar talk has reminded me that I want to shop Maki out of her Memorial Box II cover for my next one. This is probably gonna take some time... -_- Oh well, gives me something to do while waiting for my LP. I guess I might as well do the rest of them too in case I or anyone else wants to use them

JoeFu

Banned
I have been completely confounded by the event song. At least that bit at the end, can't figure it out for the life of me.

I can't believe I FC'd it on my first try.... Took me a while to FC it again though. I seriously watched a YouTube video and practiced on my screen over and over until it felt right. I can get it now but still mess it up sometimes.

pariah164

"Oh hey, I'm only about 200 points away from the normal card. Surely one more playthrough of the event song will take care of that."

Cue end of song tally... 7 points away. Out of LP and diamonds.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom