• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

mmm maybe 20k? I can't remember the last events top 1000 cutoffs. I used more loveca than I needed to though, so that is why I have more points than 1000th atm
Personally, I expect a surge for Eli near the end. It wouldn't surprise me if the cut-off reached around 25k or so.

I have a little over 14000 points right now, and around 800 Tokens saved up. I shouldn't have to spend any more Loveca for the Top 1000, but if I do, I will.

Mokoi

Banned
I took some screenshots of love live 7 for my blog and I just realised this looks really dirty in this order.

Oh Umi, what have you done to her? o_o

uMeikEe.gif

why

you know if I didn't get Listen to my Heart like four goddamn times in a row, I would have Nico by now -__-

well at least my Pure team will suck a little less in half an hour!

Heh, I don't think I'm every going to get a event SR for the JP game. Well I was going to try this event, but it's my least favorite idol so I really didn't want to bother.

Also yeah I think I'm in the clear for top 200. Finally hit that 35,000 mark.

chrono01

now that I think about it, was Honoka's cutoff 25k? That seems high but idk Eli's probably will be higher, was just trying to be conservative and not give anyone any ideas

btw that Umi is from http://i.imgur.com/0krRq3v.jpg after Maki tells them that their choreography sucks
Honoka's wasn't 25k, but I believe Nico's was. I believe Honoka was somewhere around 22k?

But yeah, it's probably best to expect the worst when it comes to Eli. I know I'm going to try to have as much as I can, without wasting unnecessary Loveca. >_<

Thanks for the episode confirmation, BTW. I had completely forgotten which one it was.

Draxal

now that I think about it, was Honoka's cutoff 25k? That seems high but idk Eli's probably will be higher, was just trying to be conservative and not give anyone any ideas

btw that Umi is from http://i.imgur.com/0krRq3v.jpg after Maki tells them that their choreography sucks

yeah I don't know why I haven't bothered to keep track of rankings cutoffs, I keep track of score match song play counts as if those matter >_>

Nico's was 25k Honoka was 24k according to the tracker on reddit.

Draxal

You should be ashamed for not getting event Nozomi.

I still don't think that many people like Eli honestly or at least like her a lot, I think people just want the cards. It's hard to tell though, Hanayo and Rin are probably most people's least favorites so we'll see if their events are slow.

Oh I was thinking Nico's was a bit higher than Honoka's. But I do remember a few people didn't make it into the top 1000 for Nico ;_;7

Nico's was a good amount higher it was 24.1k vs 25.7k. The big difference was for 200. 32,180 to Nico's 35,212. Eli's predicted 200 is 35,361 so there's a good amount of rivals for Kincaido.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I have 1000+ tokens saved up right now. Waiting for the double gold to grind the song because you can never have enough gold :p

PewPewK

so i hate myself.

there's this messenger/voip app called LINE that's huge in asia and they have these stickers... Was curious to see if there were LL ones and there were! The only problem is that they are region locked to japan. So I did what anybody would do.... I downloaded the app on a different device and used a VPN to say I was in Japan. I bought the stickers and gifted them to my main account.....

no shame!

I have LINE and those packs! I have quite a few anime packs, actually. LINE is completely ubiquitous over in Japan; there wasn't a single person I knew there that wasn't using it basically. Now that I'm back in the states, it's sad that so few people know of it/use it, but I've gotten all my friends to convert so we can use anime stickers to talk to each other :p

You don't have to use an alternate device to get the stickers, either. If you want to do it on the same device, what you need to do is delete data and cache from LINE, force quit the app, turn on VPN, log into to line (needs to be through Facebook account), buy the stickers, then you can turn off the VPN. Only downside is it deletes your conversation history. But I guess if you have another device, that can simplify things - I didn't when I wanted to buy those stickers.

JoeFu

Banned
Yeah LINE is freaking huge in Taiwan as well. Everybody here uses it because phone plans still charge by the minute mostly while data is unlimited and fairly cheap. I had no idea there were LINE cartoons til I got here...

Only have one friend that uses it in America and I spammed the bakemonogatari stickers to him when I got it lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Took me ages to get on WhatsApp and now there's something called LINE.

Need more apps for anti social people like me.

JoeFu

Banned
Took me ages to get on WhatsApp and now there's something called LINE.

Need more apps for anti social people like me.

LINE has been around for a while. Its more than messaging though. Most people use it as a VoIP service in my experience. A bunch of games are tied to it as well.

Mokoi

Banned
What's this line shit? Just another communication app with animu stickers. Sounds dumb as hell.
downloading it right now lol.

JoeFu

Banned
What's this line shit? Just another communication app with animu stickers. Sounds dumb as hell.

Tweet me your name lol. You have to buy stuff but you get free coins if you download companion apps. Also some stuff are uh "region locked"

I imagine if something line Line took off in America the various carriers would collude to find a way to stamp it out.

Also, broke 20k points. Hopefully I can just cruise here on out to the top 1000.

PewPewK

Yes. It's not even a particularly great messaging app - it's decent, but some of the restrictions piss me off like you can only be logged into LINE on one computer and one mobile device at a time. Can't have LINE on both my tablet and my phone, need to pick which one.

I imagine if something line Line took off in America the various carriers would collude to find a way to stamp it out.

Also, broke 20k points. Hopefully I can just cruise here on out to the top 1000.

Isn't WhatsApp exactly what LINE is except popular here in the US? So in that case, no, it hasn't been stamped out.

Yeah LINE is freaking huge in Taiwan as well. Everybody here uses it because phone plans still charge by the minute mostly while data is unlimited and fairly cheap. I had no idea there were LINE cartoons til I got here...

Only have one friend that uses it in America and I spammed the bakemonogatari stickers to him when I got it lol.

I had no idea they had Monogatari stickers. I need to buy these, too, now.

I've also seen the LINE mascots in Japanese television. They're freaking ubiquitous.

Facebook bought Whatsapp for like 19 billion, so yeah. lol

I thought it was free to use though.

It is. They bought it thinking they could find a way to monetize it. I don't think have yet.

LINE has been around for a while. Its more than messaging though. Most people use it as a VoIP service in my experience. A bunch of games are tied to it as well.

Also made one. Take a guess at what it is.

Yui

I'm so glad we will be getting 4x versions with the next event...
I've never been this close to just give up on an event. The English version is really testing my love for LL...

Yui

But on top of playing other things, I understand feeling burnt out.
Yeah, it's really a combination of both. And with the ridiculous amount of games coming out over the next 2 months it will only get worse.
I've been playing the JPN version since February and never missed a single day. I really played every single day, without wasting any LP.
As soon as the ENG version was released, I did the same thing. So now I'm playing both versions every single day, without exception.
And while I still enjoy doing so, I just can't play event songs like 120 times anymore.

Kayo-chin will save us
4mhkmQS.png

And yeah, that's why Kayo-chin will save us!
Which is quite fitting, since she's really been growing on me (mainly because of her Seiyuu but hey :p) and is probably one of my current top 3 LL girls.

------------------------------
Edit 1:
More vita gameplay...

School idol paradise

Might be old.
------------------------------
Edit 2:
Anybody interested in a 48-Hour All-Access Guest Pass for Crunchyroll?

Well today I just learned what Whatsapp is. Apparently it's very popular.

I have no idea what it is. I looked at it in the play store and it costs money after a year? Even if it is 99 cents what's the point?

Its huge here in Spain, basically the only one that people use. There was one called Telegram that became quite popular when whatsapp went offline like 1 or 2 days and people went mental, but after that all the people returned to whatsapp.
At first it was free, but then you had to pay 99c. In Iphone you pay one tiem and is live forever but in the google store I think you need to pay each year.

I hate whatsapp and other free online messages because people are pestering you all day in stupid groups, and people get angry if you dont talk with them every day. In my day if your really wanted to talk that bad with someone you called them by telephone or went out with them.

m0t0k1

Its huge here in Spain, basically the only one that people use. There was one called Telegram that became quite popular when whatsapp went offline like 1 or 2 days and people went mental, but after that all the people returned to whatsapp.
At first it was free, but then you had to pay 99c. In Iphone you pay one tiem and is live forever but in the google store I think you need to pay each year.

I hate whatsapp and other free online messages because people are pestering you all day in stupid groups, and people get angry if you dont talk with them every day. In my day if your really wanted to talk that bad with someone you called them by telephone or went out with them.

Yep same over here. But i guess it is really popular all across europe. But you should ignore those people who complain you are not replying. I always tell people i answer when i have time. Sometimes i only read how many messages i got. But for me its just a replacement for SMS. Because that got really expensive like 25cents per sms. Ill make sure to call you next time i am in Spain :p. Also tried to play some LL today but man the wifi connections are soooo shitty and slow. I keep getting disconnects because time outs on the network. So much lp wasted :*( better stop playing again because it only makes me angry.

after getting a 'good' on one of the first notes of Soldier Game, I decided to play around and try to do some parts with my eyes closed. There's some simple parts that are pretty easy to do. Then I failed the song 30 seconds in.

Yep same over here. But i guess it is really popular all across europe. But you should ignore those people who complain you are not replying. I always tell people i answer when i have time. Sometimes i only read how many messages i got. But for me its just a replacement for SMS. Because that got really expensive like 25cents per sms. Ill make sure to call you next time i am in Spain :p. Also tried to play some LL today but man the wifi connections are soooo shitty and slow. I keep getting disconnects because time outs on the network. So much lp wasted :*( better stop playing again because it only makes me angry.

Yeah i also use it when I really want to tell something to someone. The worse part of it are the groups, thank god I have them in silence. lol
If you come to Valencia someday I will gladly show you the city!

Mokoi

Banned
I'm so glad we will be getting 4x versions with the next event...
I've never been this close to just give up on an event. The English version is really testing my love for LL...

Oh we are getting 4x next event. Thank goodness! I'm going to be pretty busy, and I'm burnt out on playing right now.

My success rate in EX has gone up tremendously now that I've realized I've been releasing hold notes too late. Can at least survive all the ones in score match now.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Good cosplay.

I'm so tired right now, but must grind for Eli. So happy that Hanayo is next event and I can take a break :p

Hachitora

I have about 4k to go till Nico and 2k for Eli. I should be able to get them by tomorrow. I can't trust my math though, I'm still half asleep.

Also, I just got around to watching the Endless Parade live, and this comes up during Cutie Panther
tumblr_na72dxIY101tqw3j4o1_400.gif

What is Sora even doing? Had me and my sister going laughing and going "wtf" for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom