• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeFu

Banned
Its awesome seeing all these new people!!!

Crescent where you from? I use my real name in LINE too because its popular where I'm at atm. (Taiwan)

m0t0k1

Yaaay!!!

I need line image sticker macros for gaf lol

Just post more GIFs

large.gif
56361356.jpg

cpooi

Another newbie here.

My account just got activated. Been lurking since the start of thread though. I kinda have terrible luck in the game though. I have 5 SRs from 4 10+1 draws, and nothing from about 10 scouting tickets and one single draw. Obviously URless. I think I'll stop drawing until support tickets get added in a year's time or so.

Hugstable

Banned
Another newbie here.

My account just got activated. Been lurking since the start of thread though. I kinda have terrible luck in the game though. I have 5 SRs from 4 10+1 draws, and nothing from about 10 scouting tickets and one single draw. Obviously URless. I think I'll stop drawing until support tickets get added in a year's time or so.

haha no worries many of us have bad luck also, so it's always nice to have others join the despair! ALSO welcome to LLSIFGAF!

Hachitora

Another newbie here.

Hey hey hey, welcome! I see the despair has hit already.

fek

Famitsu numbers are better but still, this game had potential to do a lot better, really sad the way it turned out. I wonder where did the development go wrong. Was it because Dingo is busy with Persona Dancing? Vita can't handle 9 characters dancing on the screen?
I'm just hoping it sold well enough for them to consider making another game fixing all that is wrong with this

Himemiya

Another newbie here.

Hello, welcome! Around the time of support tickets/vouchers we should also get guaranteed SR in special boxes like sub-units and years. But I don't think I can stop myself rolling for cute cards before that.

Hugstable

Banned
Famitsu numbers are better but still, this game had potential to do a lot better, really sad the way it turned out. I wonder where did the development go wrong. Was it because Dingo is busy with Persona Dancing? Vita can't handle 9 characters dancing on the screen?
I'm just hoping it sold well enough for them to consider making another game fixing all that is wrong with this

They should have just made one rhythm game complete with tons of modes like Project Diva f. Have all the songs in one version, with many of teh available catalogue of U's songs. The game coulda turned out great but they got really really greedy, and on top of that spend the least that they could do on the visuals of the game. So not only is the tracklist fractured, but the game isn't that much of a looker either. Hopefully they realize this and build a pure rhythm game off of it with only one version.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Hello, welcome! Around the time of support tickets/vouchers we should also get guaranteed SR in special boxes like sub-units and years. But I don't think I can stop myself rolling for cute cards before that.

Me neither, Iwas saving up for Nozomi event and broke on my ENG Android when I saw Umi's new UR, only to be met with despair. Never question Nozomi's spiritual power.

tafer

Well, to be honest, I'm surprised the game is selling at all. From several sites the overall feeling is that the game is a blatant money grab that doesn't even bother to do anything well, to the point that a free game is regarded as a superior offering in pretty much all important aspects.

cpooi

They should have just made one rhythm game complete with tons of modes like Project Diva f. Have all the songs in one version, with many of teh available catalogue of U's songs. The game coulda turned out great but they got really really greedy, and on top of that spend the least that they could do on the visuals of the game. So not only is the tracklist fractured, but the game isn't that much of a looker either. Hopefully they realize this and build a pure rhythm game off of it with only one version.

Speaking of Project Diva, I'm pretty upset that Sega is ignoring the Asia version of F 2nd. None of the DLC apart from day 1 DLC (and 1 skin) is available. Asia keeps getting shafted. (From Singapore here)

m0t0k1

Thanks for this!

Time to go through the list and see if I have all of you added.

Yeah i am hoping to do a bit of clean up in OT2 like only 1 link for our idol dream machine. and i guess the irc is dead since everybody moved to line. So maybe more focus on that. + i guess everybody knows how events works so maybe that to some place else
I am keeping Kotori up there forever :p

Another newbie here.

Hi welcome :D. At least its more luck then me i had like 8 draws and only got 7 SR. The first time i did not know there was a guaranteed SR draw. was way before i made this thread :p

Himemiya

So I finished reading all that's available of the Love Live! manga and it's pretty weird! These are just some of my thoughts on it. This post has spoilers if you care.

All the character designs are old PV-ish, see: Nico.

Main characters are more or less the same in personality...except Eli. Her character is so weird even without a comparison to her anime version. I feel like most of the relationships aren't depicted in a believable way or understandable way, and that includes Eli's relationship with the second years. Some stuff is weird because I'm already familiar with the anime original trio, the second years. In the manga it's
Honoka, Kotori, Rin, and Hanayo who get together right away. I was disappointed because Rin and Maki getting Hanayo to join M's is one of my favourite scenes.
Since this is an alternate retelling, stuff unfolds in different ways. You don't get iconic moments like Start:Dash!!, and of course you can't hear the music (it's a story about idol singers so that's detrimental), pacing's really weird, not as long, not too much depth to the characters as of yet, and I guess it's less Disney-esque than the anime because people are meaner to M's. Some stuff is pretty interesting and good like the Maki scenes. There's only a few pages of her, but at least she's not like Nozomi...who has two panels in the whole volume, where she doesn't speak.

I put only a few images in an album you can find HERE. Cute stuff at the beginning and then just weird stuff like Eli and Nico at the end. Highlight is Eli playing the guitar!

The manga is interesting if you're already a fan of Love Live and the characters and just want to see another interpretation, but I think the anime's much better, which shouldn't be surprising especially if you've seen it first!

Tickle attack! Tickle attack!

elhaym

True dat. And Eli's personality is way off on left field.

The JP game is having maintenance?

Looks like it.

(From Twitter)
【メンテナンスのお知らせ】このあと午前2時から午前5時まで、バージョンアップのためのメンテナンスを行わせて頂きます。お客様にはご不便をお掛けいたしますが、何卒ご協力のほど宜しくお願いいたします。

Hugstable

Banned
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom