• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himemiya

Nice review, I might read it when I get some time.

I like the last one with
Nico and the teacher
lol

Yeah some of the stuff is genuinely funny, I don't even know where that character came out of. And the rest I laugh at because I'm so used to the anime but it is worth a shot for what it is.

Pm me your line id i will shoot you an invite to the group.

I found another nice rhtyhm game on IOS and android now. Its based on the king of fighters and went from 1 euro game to f2p. Try it out if you want something next to love live :)

android link

ios link

Haha that looks kind of fun actually. And hopefully easier than actual fighting games. I don't think I'll ever git gud in SFIV.

m0t0k1

Yeah some of the stuff is genuinely funny, I don't even know where that character came out of. And the rest I laugh at because I'm so used to the anime but it is worth a shot for what it is.

Haha that looks kind of fun actually. And hopefully easier than actual fighting games. I don't think I'll ever git gud in SFIV.

Its nothing like a fighting game actually. It really is a 100% rhythm game. If you hit all notes your background character will kick ass and enemy loses life. If you miss notes you lose life.

edit: huh ios not free in that link saw it on twitter maybe wait for an update.

Mokoi

Banned
The manga is interesting if you're already a fan of Love Live and the characters and just want to see another interpretation, but I think the anime's much better, which shouldn't be surprising especially if you've seen it first!

Nice write up, and I'll be sure to check it out now. I can already tell how different Eli seems to be based on those pictures. Should be a fun read.

Pm me your line id i will shoot you an invite to the group.

I found another nice rhtyhm game on IOS and android now. Its based on the king of fighters and went from 1 euro game to f2p. Try it out if you want something next to love live :)
android link
ios link

Love Live is the only mobile rhythm game I need! You know, besides that one ripoff game I downloaded once.

m0t0k1

Nice write up, and I'll be sure to check it out now. I can already tell how different Eli seems to be based on those pictures. Should be a fun read.

Love Live is the only mobile rhythm game I need! You know, besides that one ripoff game I downloaded once.

Speaking about the game here is the link again
http://m.mengdong123.com/
This seems to be the official site with both ipa and apk to download. lol

4.jpg
5.jpg
1.jpg
3.jpg

Game has no shame :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
NEW VERSION LETS YOU HAVE SEVEN TEAMS! YAY.

Also, the ability to view old event stories!

lol i was too afraid to play chinese non official store games : / maybe i should try......
I would love a game full of animu OPs, but I would want pro charting. lol

elhaym

Also, the ability to view old event stories!

Oh cool, I can watch the event journal stuff that I never got to.

Grrrrr. The team selection thing wraps around now, so I can't just tap tap tap all the way to the side to start over from my smile team. That's kind of annoying.

Draxal

Just a note (at least from my experience): If you're redeeming serial codes for the promo cards, you'll need to completely close the app and restart it again for them to show up.

Pfft mines already skill level 5.

(Yes I get way too many smile rares).

elhaym

Actually, weird. On my phone the JP app wouldn't show as having an update, but I could actually go into the 'All' tab in 'My Apps' and force it to update there. Didn't have to even bother with APKs.

Dunno if it's a T-Mobile, HTC, or luck thing.
Probably not luck, I don't have that.

Crescent-

Yo guys, I have a couple of questions about updating the JP version (since I just started playing on the previous 2.0.5 version)

The app doesn't show up on the all apps tab on my play store (unlike what Elhaym said) so I need to download the apk. I'm guessing that I'll need to issue my transfer passcode, and then reinstall, but is there any way that the initial download data can be kept? Or do I have to re-download all the initial and ex song data?

JoeFu

Banned
Yo guys, I have a couple of questions about updating the JP version (since I just started playing on the previous 2.0.5 version)

The app doesn't show up on the all apps tab on my play store (unlike what Elhaym said) so I need to download the apk. I'm guessing that I'll need to issue my transfer passcode, and then reinstall, but is there any way that the initial download data can be kept? Or do I have to re-download all the initial and ex song data?

Just download and run the apk

You don't need to transfer or anything. Just run the apk and it will update the game.

cpooi

For all the people suffering from poor performance on their Android device, you could try turning on force GPU rendering in developer options. Did wonders for my previous (crappy) phone.

Mokoi

Banned
For all the people suffering from poor performance on their Android device, you could try turning on force GPU rendering in developer options. Did wonders for my previous (crappy) phone.

Oh yeah welcome to best thread. We discuss idol things. I think I've seen cpooi in the game or perhaps a name similar to it. Also I should do that. I've only used developer options to turn off all animations.

JoeFu

Banned
Does this game run on ART? I had to switch back to dalvik because LINE couldn't make calls on ART. Hope it does cuz android L is only gonna use ART...

Yui

next JP event
5408009B4E4D9F0026

Gosh dang it, why? WHY?!!!!
Queen Nozomi and princess Honoka at the same time.
I never wanted to go hard on two events at the same time again. (last time it was Nico (ENG) and Nozomi (JPN))
2 additional event cards for Nozomi and one additional for Honoka....

It will be brutal. D:

Qurex

Neo Member
The notice for the next event in the English version is up.

English Event Times
Event lasts from
September 5th 11:00 am GMT - September 15th 10:00 am GMT

The 4x event songs and the bonus gold reward will be up on September 12

It seems we are getting the teachers as rewards duting this event

Countdown for the English Event
t1409914800z0.png

Countdown for the Japanese Event
t1409900400z0.png

tafer

Gentlemen, I know several of us are looking to go crazy for lovely Nozomi.

I wish you luck and I hope we all archive reach our intended goals. In my case, I'm still not sure If I want to go all the way to top 200. Since I'm sitting at 55 gems I may actually do it but at the same time the competition will be fierce and the bloodbath of gems won't be pretty.

Are teachers a guaranteed skill-up?

And I'm probably not going to push for a top 1000. If I just play it cool this event I'll have enough for an 11 pull at the end.

Mokoi

Banned
Bleh, I wish the event started on Saturday. Going to have to play catch up this event. Let's hope people haven't realized that Nozomi is best idol, and take it easy this event. Also reminds me I got to got purchase some loveva to burn.

Mokoi

Banned
Ehh, I would say between 15 and 20 maybe. I'm not sure because I never keep track of how much I go through, and where I'm currently placed with the amount I've burned. Perhaps someone here who keeps tabs on everything can answer that for you. I just blow 50 bucks to get 86 and let that last me for a while. I would think just shelling out $14.65 (weird number) for 23 loveca would keep you safe for 1000. All I know is that I'm going to have to burn burn burn this event.

Qurex

Neo Member
15 Loveca would give you somewhere over 5000 points I think if you time it correctly which is roughly the difference between the top 1000 and the top 2000.
I think 20 Loveca would be safer. It would put you somewhere in the top 700-800. This is just a guess though. You should be out of the 850-1000 range though if you use 20.

Of course you have to time your Loveca usage right so that you get the most tokens out of it.

I only know how many Loveca you need to use to get into the top 200. But I only did that once.

chrono01

Ugh, another event so soon? I NEED A BREAK! :/

I'll be out of the city this weekend, but I'll play whenever I can and try to stockpile tokens so I can play the event song when I get back late Sunday. I really want that Nozomi [it helps that my Cool team is pretty lackluster, at the moment].

Also, Rank 100 get! That 75LP.

Himemiya

How many loveca to get a safe spot in tier 2 kind of depends on the cut-off. I remember for Honoka's event I used 16 loveca and got in the 730s. Rank 1000 had 24129 points. For Nozomi's the cutoff is yet to be determined but since the event is the standard length (as was Eli's: cut-off 25192), and we have 4x/EX now, plus she might be more popular, I put 28000 as the point target in the Love Live calculator to be extra extra safe. But it still might be higher than that it's just an estimate! ><

How many loveca to get a safe spot in tier 2 kind of depends on the cut-off. I remember for Honoka's event I used 16 loveca and got in the 730s. Rank 1000 had 24129 points. For Nozomi's the cutoff is yet to be determined but since the event is the standard length (as was Eli's: cut-off 25192), and we have 4x/EX now, plus she might be more popular, I put 28000 as the point target in the Love Live calculator to be extra extra safe. But it still might be higher than that it's just an estimate! ><

lol, the claculator is amazing, but I dont really know how to use it, like with the 28000 points it tells me that I need to use 21 lovecas and play 13 hours.
Like how many sessions a day I would really need to play, that what I would love to know. 4... 5... sessions?

elhaym

lol, the claculator is amazing, but I dont really know how to use it, like with the 28000 points it tells me that I need to use 21 lovecas and play 13 hours.
Like how many sessions a day I would really need to play, that what I would love to know. 4... 5... sessions?

I... I'm just not gonna think about it. :|

tenton

28k is more than likely to be fine, since even the last event, with the extra day, only managed to get to slightly over 26.5k . If we assume the extra day is equivalent to more people playing + popularity differences (not sure how popular Nozomi is in relation to Hanayo on the EN side of things), it's not likely to be higher than this. Heck, I'd guess 26.5k is a good safe point to initially target for that 2nd tier.

Kumubou

Decided to do an 11 pull right before the Nozomi event when I realized I was sitting on over 200 loveca. (!!!) I hope I'm not buying this shit in my sleep. D: Ended up drawing 2 smile SRs (including the new Maki one) and a couple of Rs I didn't have more than 1 of, so... not despairing for once? Maybe? Kind of? Oh, who am I kidding?

ibg5sonbXb7SXF.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom