• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himemiya

lol, the claculator is amazing, but I dont really know how to use it, like with the 28000 points it tells me that I need to use 21 lovecas and play 13 hours.
Like how many sessions a day I would really need to play, that what I would love to know. 4... 5... sessions?
I think it's 13 hours spread across all days if you don't miss any LP, they calculate it as if each song is 3 minutes.

Remember it's 239 hours for the event, so a lot of that time is just recharge.

But yeah it would be good if the cutoff was a lot lower so no one will blow like 25 gems and overshoot.

Mokoi

Banned
Nozomi is worst idol but I will still get the bare minimum for SR.

This is gif not animu, but merely a work of art.

NQXCj3b.gif

Qurex

Neo Member
How many loveca to get a safe spot in tier 2 kind of depends on the cut-off. I remember for Honoka's event I used 16 loveca and got in the 730s. Rank 1000 had 24129 points. For Nozomi's the cutoff is yet to be determined but since the event is the standard length (as was Eli's: cut-off 25192), and we have 4x/EX now, plus she might be more popular, I put 28000 as the point target in the Love Live calculator to be extra extra safe. But it still might be higher than that it's just an estimate! ><
This looks interesting, I think I understand how it works. Although I'll probably stick to using a pen and piece of paper to calculate it manually myself

lol, the claculator is amazing, but I dont really know how to use it, like with the 28000 points it tells me that I need to use 21 lovecas and play 13 hours.
Like how many sessions a day I would really need to play, that what I would love to know. 4... 5... sessions?

The play hours refers to how many hours you spend overall during the event playing the songs.
It tells you that you play the regular songs for token collecting x times and it tells you need to play the event song y times. It says the time to play a song lasts for about 3 minutes.
Basically (3*x) + (3*y) = total hours spent in the whole event just playing the songs

So I'll now run throgh an example of what needs to be done and what the calculator is telling you.

So for example lets say the event lasts 10 days or 240 hours
  • Let's say your rank is 90.
  • You want to score 27,000 points
  • You choose to play normal songs (token collecting) at expert (so 25lp per play)
  • You play the event song only at hard difficulty
  • You manage to get an S rank score and on average a Rank A combo (We assume that we might make a mistake occasionally when playing)

The calculator will tell you need to use 20 Loveca
You will play the event song on hard (so 45 tokens per play) - 100 times throughout the whole event
You will play regular songs at expert level (token collecting) - 167 times throughout the whole event

Total Play Time 0 days 13 hours 21 mins - This number says this is how much time you spend playing the event song and token collecting songs during the event.

The play time is calculated like this:
  • The time it takes to play the song is 3 minutes
  • Event song must be played 100 times, so 3 * 100 = 300 minutes needed playing the event song. 300 Minutes = 5hours
  • Regular songs at expert (25LP per song - The B side Daily SOngs on hard are worth the same as an expert song) must be played 167 times, so 3 * 167 = 501 minutes. 480 minutes = 8 hours. There are still 21 minutes left, so you end up playing reular songs for 8 hours 21 minutes
  • You then add 8 hours 21 minutes and 3 hours together to get the total play time.

Now we are going to find your average play time per day, so number of sessions you need to play daily.

We know that you have to play the event song 100 times over 10 days, So 100 divided by 10 = 10 times, So you need to play the event song 10 times each day

We know that you have to play regular songs at expert rank (25LP per song) 167 times over 10 days.
167 divided by 10 = 16.7 times, So you have to play regular songs 16.7 times per day.
You can't play .7 times of song so we round this up to 17 times a day and you will finish slightly ahead of schedule to reach the target.

You have to use 20 Loveca over 10 days, So 20 divided by 10 = 2 Loveca
So on average you use 2 Loveca everyday.

Finally, we have the number of times you need to play everyday
Everyday you must:
  • Use 2 Loveca
  • Play regular songs at expert 10 times everyday
  • Play the event song 16.7 times (basically 16 or 17 times depending on how many tokens you have that day)

To get sessions you would need to count how much LP you just need to look at how much LP you need to use everyday
  • You have to play expert songs 10 times everyday
  • An expert song costs 25 LP
  • So 10 * 25 = 250 LP
  • At Rank 90 you have 70 LP
  • Let's say 1 session = 50 LP ( so 2 expert songs played)

1. So you play once leaving you with 20LP
  2. You wait 3 hours and let your LP recharge to 50
  3. You start playing again just before your LP reaches 50
  4. After that you use a Loveca and play another session ( so another 2 expert songs played)
  5. At this point you have played 2 sessions and the expert song 4 out of 10 times
  6. Then you wait 3 hours again to let your LP recharge to 50
  7. Again you must start playing just before your LP reaches 50
  8. After that you use a Loveca and play another session ( so another 2 expert songs played)
  9. At this point you have played 4 sessions and the expert song 8 out of 10 times
  10. Then you just let you LP recharge normally and play the expert song the last 2 times
  11. You should probably play the event song while you wait for your LP to recharge

Note, as you rank up your LP will go up so the timings, for when to play will shift slightly over the event

• The calculator says that when you finish the event you will be at Rank 96.
  • I'm not sure how the LP recovery rate is calculated but you can ignore that probably.
  • The play time rate is the percentage of time you spend during the event actualling playing the game ( so playing the songs) and not the time you spend waiting for LP to recharge.

tl;dr
Basically you need to play probably 4-6 times a day.
Everyday you must:
  • Use 2 Loveca
  • Play regular songs at expert or the B-Side Daily on hard 10 times everyday
  • Play the event song 16.7 times (basically 16 or 17 times depending on how many tokens you have that day)

This example was min-maxing the time and the LP so you don't waste anything. Otherwise you might need to use a few more Loveca to reach your target

Caerith

I've played Susume -> Tomorrow 94 times so far and haven't been able to S-combo it. I always screw up when there are three notes in the center (left to right or right to left), where even though I hit all three notes, the center one is counted as a Miss.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Himemiya

I've played Susume -> Tomorrow 94 times so far and haven't been able to S-combo it. I always screw up when there are three notes in the center (left to right or right to left), where even though I hit all three notes, the center one is counted as a Miss.

Does anyone else have this problem?

At that point I'd go find an assist video on YouTube. It might be a problem with your screen/phone but there's a possibilty the rhythm in your head is way different from the charting at that part.

Also I'm definitely going for some idolized washi washi!

Caerith

At that point I'd go find an assist video on YouTube. It might be a problem with your screen/phone but there's a possibilty the rhythm in your head is way different from the charting at that part.

Also I'm definitely going for some idolized washi washi!

Yeah, I checked Oktopaz's assist video because there are other songs where I had the rhythm wrong, but even in those cases I'd still get a Good or Bad instead of a straight Miss. In this case, the notes are straight triplets, I'm hitting them at the right time, but like one out of five times the middle note just doesn't register. I even managed to S-combo it on my Japanese account, but that took several tries with random hits being counted as Miss as well.

Maybe it's just my phone not being able to register the second tap being separate from the first.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ehh, I would say between 15 and 20 maybe. I'm not sure because I never keep track of how much I go through, and where I'm currently placed with the amount I've burned. Perhaps someone here who keeps tabs on everything can answer that for you. I just blow 50 bucks to get 86 and let that last me for a while. I would think just shelling out $14.65 (weird number) for 23 loveca would keep you safe for 1000. All I know is that I'm going to have to burn burn burn this event.

15 Loveca would give you somewhere over 5000 points I think if you time it correctly which is roughly the difference between the top 1000 and the top 2000.
I think 20 Loveca would be safer. It would put you somewhere in the top 700-800. This is just a guess though. You should be out of the 850-1000 range though if you use 20.

Of course you have to time your Loveca usage right so that you get the most tokens out of it.

I only know how many Loveca you need to use to get into the top 200. But I only did that once.

Man, quite a bit. I think I'll just wait for them to implement the 2.0 changes and toss some money at the game then through draws.

tafer

So who's all gonna be going for idolized Nozomi for the event? Starting up not too long from now!

I hope I can do it with less than 20 gems total.. and I'm still debating if I should go for the rank 1.

However, several communities really want this Nozomi so... I think I'm not going to try the top 200.

Markun

Honkers score match up in JP SIF!

Expert songs:
Pure Girls Project
Takaramonos
Binetsu Kara Mystery (Bestest song in here)
Someday of my Life
Unbalanced Love

Yui

Honkers score match up in JP SIF!

Binetsu Kara Mystery (Bestest song in here)

Awww yeah! My favorite LL song overall.
That's something to look foward to during the grind. ^^"

Edit: Just got it 3 times in a row. I feel all fuzzy inside now.
But it's a great pool of songs overall. Especially compared to the last 2 score matches.

Himemiya

You'll probably get a lot of connection errors because it's the first day of event...but don't click OK for 20-30ish seconds and you shouldn't lose LP. That's a thing I did during last event, hope this helps!

m0t0k1

I only play hard atm in the score match. Since i am mostly guaranteed to get a S-rank . So i know that will rank in the most points i think. Have not had any disconnects but only played 5 songs.

This looks interesting, I think I understand how it works. Although I'll probably stick to using a pen and piece of paper to calculate it manually myself

The play hours refers to how many hours you spend overall during the event playing the songs.
It tells you that you play the regular songs for token collecting x times and it tells you need to play the event song y times. It says the time to play a song lasts for about 3 minutes.
Basically (3*x) + (3*y) = total hours spent in the whole event just playing the songs

So I'll now run throgh an example of what needs to be done and what the calculator is telling you.

So for example lets say the event lasts 10 days or 240 hours
  • Let's say your rank is 90.
  • You want to score 27,000 points
  • You choose to play normal songs (token collecting) at expert (so 25lp per play)
  • You play the event song only at hard difficulty
  • You manage to get an S rank score and on average a Rank A combo (We assume that we might make a mistake occasionally when playing)

The calculator will tell you need to use 20 Loveca
You will play the event song on hard (so 45 tokens per play) - 100 times throughout the whole event
You will play regular songs at expert level (token collecting) - 167 times throughout the whole event

Total Play Time 0 days 13 hours 21 mins - This number says this is how much time you spend playing the event song and token collecting songs during the event.

The play time is calculated like this:
  • The time it takes to play the song is 3 minutes
  • Event song must be played 100 times, so 3 * 100 = 300 minutes needed playing the event song. 300 Minutes = 5hours
  • Regular songs at expert (25LP per song - The B side Daily SOngs on hard are worth the same as an expert song) must be played 167 times, so 3 * 167 = 501 minutes. 480 minutes = 8 hours. There are still 21 minutes left, so you end up playing reular songs for 8 hours 21 minutes
  • You then add 8 hours 21 minutes and 3 hours together to get the total play time.

Now we are going to find your average play time per day, so number of sessions you need to play daily.

We know that you have to play the event song 100 times over 10 days, So 100 divided by 10 = 10 times, So you need to play the event song 10 times each day

We know that you have to play regular songs at expert rank (25LP per song) 167 times over 10 days.
167 divided by 10 = 16.7 times, So you have to play regular songs 16.7 times per day.
You can't play .7 times of song so we round this up to 17 times a day and you will finish slightly ahead of schedule to reach the target.

You have to use 20 Loveca over 10 days, So 20 divided by 10 = 2 Loveca
So on average you use 2 Loveca everyday.

Finally, we have the number of times you need to play everyday
Everyday you must:
  • Use 2 Loveca
  • Play regular songs at expert 10 times everyday

To get sessions you would need to count how much LP you just need to look at how much LP you need to use everyday
  • You have to play expert songs 10 times everyday
  • An expert song costs 25 LP
  • So 10 * 25 = 250 LP
  • At Rank 90 you have 70 LP
  • Let's say 1 session = 50 LP ( so 2 expert songs played)

1. So you play once leaving you with 20LP
  2. You wait 3 hours and let your LP recharge to 50
  3. You start playing again just before your LP reaches 50
  4. After that you use a Loveca and play another session ( so another 2 expert songs played)
  5. At this point you have played 2 sessions and the expert song 4 out of 10 times
  6. Then you wait 3 hours again to let your LP recharge to 50
  7. Again you must start playing just before your LP reaches 50
  8. After that you use a Loveca and play another session ( so another 2 expert songs played)
  9. At this point you have played 4 sessions and the expert song 8 out of 10 times
  10. Then you just let you LP recharge normally and play the expert song the last 2 times
  11. You should probably play the event song while you wait for your LP to recharge

Note, as you rank up your LP will go up so the timings, for when to play will shift slightly over the event

• The calculator says that when you finish the event you will be at Rank 96.
  • I'm not sure how the LP recovery rate is calculated but you can ignore that probably.
  • The play time rate is the percentage of time you spend during the event actualling playing the game ( so playing the songs) and not the time you spend waiting for LP to recharge.

tl;dr
Basically you need to play probably 4-6 times a day.
Everyday you must:
  • Use 2 Loveca
  • Play regular songs at expert or the B-Side Daily on hard 10 times everyday

This example was min-maxing the time and the LP so you don't waste anything. Otherwise you might need to use a few more Loveca to reach your target

You are amazing! Thank you very much for all the info.

Mokoi

Banned
Event song is amazing, and so much better than the shitty hanayo one.

http://minus.com/i/rqrr7ll9wQk9

It was short lived, but I was in first! I did my best for queen Nozomi. Played all I can for now, and will try to catch once I get time to play. Also score is much higher than what is currently being displayed.

BTW Is it better to play a 9LP song with the rest of my LP in that session, or leaving them for a faster recharge so I can play sooner the 25LP ones in the next session?

Event song is amazing, and so much better than the shitty hanayo one.

http://minus.com/i/rqrr7ll9wQk9

It was short lived, but I was in first! I did my best for queen Nozomi. Played all I can for now, and will try to catch once I get time to play. Also score is much higher than what is currently being displayed.

Just failed some notes my first time (got an A rank) because its the first time. But yes, the song is pretty epic and good, and maybe even fun to play when I get the groove of it.

Himemiya

BTW Is it better to play a 9LP song with the rest of my LP in that session, or leaving them for a faster recharge so I can play sooner the 25LP ones in the next session?

Definitely better to wait, and just do 50LP sessions. 25LP gives you 27 event points, and even 15LP is pretty good because you get 16. 9 is just 9. The few extra points you get really do add up to a lot in the end.

Also nobody click the home screen event button to look at their ranking right before playing a song. That makes the game a whole lot more laggy and might crash.

I was just flipping through the song lists and I realized that I haven't played any 15 or 25-LP song enough times to get an S-Count on it. Usually I play a song until I Full Combo it, then move on to the next song, but at the moment I have everything FC'd so now I don't know what to play.

Mokoi

Banned
Whoop whoop, it only took nine tries to FC this event song. Was a bit sacred I was going to have a repeat of that one time I couldn't FC the event song.

Yaari

Apparently I got 40 Loveca that was stacked up because I installed this game months ago but never played. I understand this is the IAP currency the game uses, what is the best way to use this?

I'm absolutely horrible at this, lol. Something to work on I guess.

Apparently I got 40 Loveca that was stacked up because I installed this game months ago but never played. I understand this is the IAP currency the game uses, what is the best way to use this?

Save it up until you get 50, then after an event ends do a 10+1 pull for a guaranteed SR card.

Definitely better to wait, and just do 50LP sessions. 25LP gives you 27 event points, and even 15LP is pretty good because you get 16. 9 is just 9. The few extra points you get really do add up to a lot in the end.

Also nobody click the home screen event button to look at their ranking right before playing a song. That makes the game a whole lot more laggy and might crash.

Thanks for the info. And yep, I discovered in the first events the hard way that after visiting the event rank menu the game tends to crash when you do a song or are just leveling your characters.
In my opinion is probably cause by bad programming and the song used in that menu.

m0t0k1

Hi haven't seen you around welcome :) Best way to get good cards is to play the events. One is going on right now and save up your loveca stones like matt said. after every event if you do a 10+1 draw you are guarenteed an SR or higher card but you need 50 stones in order to do that. You can also get more stones by participating in the events. These cards are pretty strong and help you get a better rank. Keep practising! when i started this game i had problems doing normal but now i can play on expert.

Qurex

Neo Member
You are amazing! Thank you very much for all the info.

Glad it was helpful. :)
Rereading it, it looks I still missed a few of the mistakes but it's pretty much correct. The mistakes are just a couple typos and I think I miscounted somewhere in the play sessions.
I forgot to mention this but I didn't account for the LP refills you get for level ups so you will probably end up reaching your target before the last few days.

As Himemiya said, you should probably save your LP for a quicker recharge to play the 25LP/15LP songs.
In my opinion, the only times you shouldn't are probably when you know you can't play for several hours and you know during that time your LP wll recharge fully. For example, before you go to bed you might want to use up your LP unless you don't mind waking up in the middle of night to play the game.

The event song is nice, I like it more than the last one for sure. Has everyone arranged their team for the event song properly?

Looking at the rewards list, if you wanted to get both teacher cards you will need to place within the top 2000, as one of the teachers replaces the Alpaca for the ranking rewards this time.

Think top 2000 will require any Loveca? I honestly can't remember where I ended up last event, but I didn't use any Loveca on it and didn't use my LP at 100% efficiency.

Qurex

Neo Member
Think top 2000 will require any Loveca? I honestly can't remember where I ended up last event, but I didn't use any Loveca on it and didn't use my LP at 100% efficiency.

What's your rank(level)? How much LP do you have?
If you have about 70 LP and play when you can you should be able to manage it I think, It'll depend on how tough the fight for the top 1000 is though.
Otherwise, you might need to use the Loveca you get in the event at most. So about 4-6 I think.

Some of the notes on the event song are tricky, I keep always failing on those.

Hope that with 37000 cool (thats with the friend bonus already added) can get an S rank, becuase I keep getting an A and Im afraid ig getting an S is impossible for me now with the cool characters I have.

Can someone pass me the table for note distribution for this song?

m0t0k1

Hope that with 37000 cool (thats with the friend bonus already added) can get an S rank, becuase I keep getting an A and Im afraid ig getting an S is impossible for me now with the cool characters I have.

a quick and dirty rip from the wiki from the event page

eventnotenozomiv3kuj.png

edit: forgot to say this is on hard.

Qurex

Neo Member

The full table
oupmkr9.png

Wiki says you need 176,120 pts on hard to get an S Rank
Here's the wiki page for the song

This is going on my wall, framed.

Hopefully it's enough of a start to now keep me motivated to play normally and not fall out of 1000. Might even spend money to make sure I don't fall below that line. These five hours of NEE HITOTSU DAKE KIITE II WATASHI NO KOTO are gonna fucking pay off damn it

Hachitora

Bleh, gonna have a late start for this event because of school. Good thing I'm not going for the second SR, so I should be able to get the first SR if I olay a lot on the weekend. Just waiting on A-No-Ne-Ga-N-Ba-Re EX since that's my favorite song to play in the game.

Yaari

Hi haven't seen you around welcome :) Best way to get good cards is to play the events. One is going on right now and save up your loveca stones like matt said. after every event if you do a 10+1 draw you are guarenteed an SR or higher card but you need 50 stones in order to do that. You can also get more stones by participating in the events. These cards are pretty strong and help you get a better rank. Keep practising! when i started this game i had problems doing normal but now i can play on expert.

Thanks, yes I just started :). Yeah I can do some stuff on higher difficulty now. But anything with 6 stars is pretty difficult especially when the notes start coming out at several areas at once. I honestly don't know how some of you can complete this stuff on even higher difficulties, but I'll keep practicing.

I guess the best use of LP is playing songs I can actually finish. I keep failing and that's not getting me much. These Event songs especially are proving to be quite difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom