• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himemiya

You can't deny that spiritual powah.

Sidenote: mobile gaf blows.

It really does. But I haven't had this problem on mobile before today. My post just disappears and there's a face and it tells me to clear my cookies although I did.

Also, RinPana duet when?

Hugstable

Banned
No denying indeed.

Hello all newcomers! Enjoy your stay!

iqR5prsLTNeCR.gif

Qurex

Neo Member
@Qurex

Yeah that's the next event Honoka we'll see, and pretty soon to, after the second score match.
I dunno, Love Marginal's lyrics are pretty sad and the only "smile" I'd have on when sad is a fake one! But my opinion is mostly based on the tune; It's not as peppy, but that's okay not all M's songs have to be.

And yep, my favourites are Kayo-chin, Rin, and Nontan!

I've loved Hanayo and Rin from the the very first moment I saw them in the show. They are so fun to watch and also great childhood friends who love and support each other.
One of my personal goals in SIF is to make an all-one-colour team of just them. I especially like their cool and pure SRs. Hopefully this is more doable because I'm aiming for two characters.

Nozomi's powaah just kept growing more and more on me by the time I started season 2 and I can't deny it!

What I meant about Love Marginal's lyrics being a Smile song is more it just didn't give off a Cool or Pure feeling and well the lyrics gave me a sad, wistful(? Is this the word I'm looking for?), smile.
So my logic goes like this:
The song, both tune and lyrics give off a sad feeling yet I can manage to make a sad smile -> song doesn't give off a Cool or Pure tone-> therefore the song should be in the Smile category as I can feel I can make a smile even though it's so sad.
Not sure if this explains my feelings on the lyrics very well....

RinPana is great, their friendship, their singing voices, they're enjoyable to watch and I felt the anime did a good job portraying their friendship.

Nozomi is fun, I use this card occasionally as my Pure team main
I would have liked slightly more focus on her in the anime, I found her really interesting. I also quite like a lot of her card illustrations.

Other than Honoka I guess my favourites would be Kotori and Rin.
Can't really think how to explain why I like them more than the others. Even then it's quite close, they all have some good points.

Perhaps I'll figure out how to explain this later, this reply has taken much longer than I thought it would already. I spent way too long listening to Love Marginal on loop and reading the lyrics.

Hopefully the manga will give more interactions. It's not bad so far.
Is anyone reading the Love Live manga?

Himemiya

Not sure if this explains my feelings on the lyrics very well....
Nah you did, I mean those are your feelings right? The songs can make different people feel different things, and at varying intensities, and that's cool.

RinPana is great, their friendship, their singing voices, they're enjoyable to watch and I felt the anime did a good job portraying their friendship.
Yeah their singing too! Of course they're good characters separately too, looking back I feel like I didn't emphasize that I like them both that way too. Hanayo's regular shyness and then super-excitement over idol activities is so lovable. Rin has great energy in everything she does and I like tomboys nya~ When the show explored her worries regarding that it was pretty interesting.

I read somewhere that in Hanayo's School Idol Diary (not the event but the novel) it is revealed that her mom was a famous idol. I can't read Japanese but thought that might interest some here.

Even if you can't explain why you like Kotori, Rin, etc just know that all the idols are love, and live. All!

Hopefully the manga will give more interactions. It's not bad so far.
Is anyone reading the Love Live manga?
There is a LL manga? Is it in the same style as the anime? How about the story something new? Or the same as the anime.

I've had it bookmarked for a while but no...I haven't read it yet ^^

Qurex

Neo Member
There is a LL manga? Is it in the same style as the anime? How about the story something new? Or the same as the anime.

The basic idea for the plot is the same. Basically Otonokizaka Academy is shutting down and Honoka decides to become a school idol to save school.

How the story progresses though is quite different, different meetings, slightly different personalities, but the characters are generally quite close to their anime counterparts.

The manga came before the anime and I think the anime is actually based off the manga. There is a lot of pairing stuff if you're a fan of that. It's a monthly series with 3 volumes.The manga is still ongoing and it's written by Sakurako Kimino and drawn by Tokita Arumi.

The artsyle is slightly different to the anime designs, more like a shoujo manga?

Here's a page from the manga, I'll take it down if it's not allowed though

Maybe NSFW image? I'll take it down if it's not allowed
It's a shonen manga though as it's published in Dengeki G's Magazine. Apparently it got moved to Dengeki G's Comic (a seinen magazine I think) though quite recently.

Actually taking another look it seems Sakurako Kimino's behind the original concept. It seems she may have even did the scripts for the music videos, again I'm not sure on this.
She's definitely deeply involved in the Love Live franchise it seems. She's even credited for stuff like the Love Live School Idol Diary books.

Not sure if I can say where you can read it though

Himemiya

Not sure if I can say where you can read it though

Haha yeah on second thought I'll remove that link.
But I do know that Love Live is music first? And then everything else is just a tie-in franchise going off from the music/PVs. Apparentally the manga's still ongoing too.

Hachitora

Oh dang, didn't know there were translations now. I searched for them back when the anime first came out and couldn't find any, so I just gave up :p Doesn't Eli have like, two brothers in the manga instead of Alisa?

I read somewhere that in Hanayo's School Idol Diary (not the event but the novel) it is revealed that her mom was a famous idol. I can't read Japanese but thought that might interest some here.
Oh man, so then that's why she's obsessed with them? That's actually really cute.

Qurex

Neo Member
Yeah their singing too! Of course they're good characters separately too, looking back I feel like I didn't emphasize that I like them both that way too. Hanayo's regular shyness and then super-excitement over idol activities is so lovable. Rin has great energy in everything she does and I like tomboys nya~ When the show explored her worries regarding that it was pretty interesting.
Hanayo's idol love and shyness contrasts really well with Rin's tomboyish energy, the nya~ is great as well.
Huh, that's really interesting. I haven't really looked into the School Idol Diary stuff yet. I should probably take a look at it sometime.

Even if you can't explain why you like Kotori, Rin, etc just know that all the idols are love, and live. All!

I've had it bookmarked for a while but no...I haven't read it yet ^^
Yep, µ is Love, µ is life.
You should read it when you have time, it's really quite fun seeing a different begin and the different relationships. The pairing stuff is great as well, if you like that.

Oh dang, didn't know there were translations now. I searched for them back when the anime first came out and couldn't find any, so I just gave up :p Doesn't Eli have like, two brothers in the manga instead of Alisa?

Yeah I've read up to chapter 8, not sure if Eli has brothers or not. I'll try and check that in a bit if you want. I'm fairly certain that Eli and Honoka are childhood friends though. Oh make that Kotori and Umi as well, being childhood friends with Eli that is.
You can read the first 3 chapters on Comic Walker (pretty sure this should be alright, it's a legal site after all, like CrunchyRoll, if not I'll take this down as well)

But I do know that Love Live is music first? And then everything else is just a tie-in franchise going off from the music/PVs. Apparentally the manga's still ongoing too.
You're correct in that Love Live music came first and then evrything else is tie-in stuff
What I was going about was that a quick search suggets that manga writer was involved from the start of the project so she wrote the stories I think for the music videos and made the character settings( backgrounds, personalities etc). I'm not certain on this though.
It seems she then expanded them for the manga, then the anime was based off the manga.

Basically the manga writer seems to have a part in a ton of other stuff in the franchise like the PVs, School Idol Diary etc... Hope that's a bit clearer
Also, yes the manga is still an ongoing monthly series.

Himemiya

Oh man, so then that's why she's obsessed with them? That's actually really cute.
We need more moms in the Love Live movie.

Also Maki's expression in that manga image is hilariously intense.
I'll read it tonight, hopefully it's better than some other loose source material manga I've read

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
My blue ray set shipped. Of course Nisa has it in stock after I order from somewhere else :(

I downloaded line, then I found out how much if a hassle it is to get the stickers. Someone send them to me plz

PewPewK

My blue ray set shipped. Of course Nisa has it in stock after I order from somewhere else :(

I downloaded line, then I found out how much if a hassle it is to get the stickers. Someone send them to me plz

If anyone wants an invite to the LLGAF Group on LINE shoot me a PM with your ID or add me (pewpewk).

Only a hassle to get like half of the anime stickers. The other half are available in the US store, but yeah, Love Live is not one of those.

Hugstable

Banned
If anyone wants an invite to the LLGAF Group on LINE shoot me a PM with your ID or add me (pewpewk).

Only a hassle to get like half of the anime stickers. The other half are available in the US store, but yeah, Love Live is not one of those.

I think Firehawk still might be able to get the JPN stickers which is the 2 Love Live packs. I still need to find out what else is JP only. Also yeah the Blu Rays are back in stock! Wonder if they still come with the UR Honkers?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Story was a bit rubbish this time round.

Also funny how it completely goes against the storyline of the show.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member

I added you. How do you get the anime stickers?

firehawk12

Subete no aware

I can get them if you haven't gotten them from pewpewk already. lol

I think Firehawk still might be able to get the JPN stickers which is the 2 Love Live packs. I still need to find out what else is JP only. Also yeah the Blu Rays are back in stock! Wonder if they still come with the UR Honkers?
They said the Honkers are packins, so I imagine so...

I'm still debating whether or not to buy the BD set...

I added you. How do you get the anime stickers?
I actually have extra coins left, so if you want I can get them from you. I'm firehawk12 on LINE.

Himemiya

I added you but I just checked out this LINE today. For some reason I thought there was an avatar creator/dress-up thing.

Guess I won't ever be on GALAX in real life.

But I want those stickers!

Hugstable

Banned
I added you but I just checked out this LINE today. For some reason I thought there was an avatar creator/dress-up thing.

Guess I won't ever be on GALAX in real life.

But I want those stickers!

How'd you do in the Hanayo event? I forgot if you said before and just noticed you have a Hanayo avatar haha. Next event is probably gonna be packed with competition!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Added pewpewk to line just now. Gonna wait until I get home to mess around with the app

chrono01

So I used my Scout Ticket, got a Rare Kotori that I already have.

I'm definitely going to try to purposely score below the Top 1000 next event for the three extra Loveca. That seems to be worth more than the Scout Ticket, at least I can put it towards a guaranteed Event SR.

[I'll never get a UR ~_~.]

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
So I used my Scout Ticket, got a Rare Kotori that I already have.

I'm definitely going to try to purposely score below the Top 1000 next event for the three extra Loveca. That seems to be worth more than the Scout Ticket, at least I can put it towards a guaranteed Event SR.

[I'll never get a UR ~_~.]

I think I have actually become allergic to Rares.

chrono01

I think I have actually become allergic to Rares.
Haha, same here.

I have 60 Loveca, and enough for a 50+1 pull, but the last two times I did it I got only a single SR and it was one I already had. With the Nozomi, Rin, and Maki events incoming, I think I'll save them so I can at least put it towards something new.

This game hates me.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Haha, same here.

I have 60 Loveca, and enough for a 50+1 pull, but the last two times I did it I got only a single SR and it was one I already had. With the Nozomi, Rin, and Maki events incoming, I think I'll save them so I can at least put it towards something new.

This game hates me.

ooo I was sending you my Nozomi's Spiritual UR power but you are right, I want to place for Nozomi and of course Maki. Sorry Rin </3

Mokoi

Banned
Haha, same here.

This game hates me.

This game hates all of us at times. Especially when I pulled UR Nico.

Yaari

This looks fun.

Might give this a try as I pretty much quit Puzzle & Dragons. I'm not sure if I should play on tablet or phone though.

tafer

This looks fun.

Might give this a try as I pretty much quit Puzzle & Dragons. I'm not sure if I should play on tablet or phone though.

I think tablet is easier, but in general, the most important thing is what device gives you the best performance.

Mokoi

Banned
We Anime no more :(

No more.

This looks fun.

I prefer playing the phone because thumbs are the superior way to play. Although like tafer said, you want to play on the device that gives you better performance. If you got any questions about the game someone here will be sure to answer them.

elhaym

This looks fun.

I play much, much, MUCH better on my iPad than on my phone. Android is killing me wrt rhythm/music games. I hear it's much better on iPhones.

More SIP: Nozomi torturing Umi. Poor Umi.

Ahhhh, her hands look terrible. The models in general are bad. :(

Yeah, it seems like to make that look good they would need copious amounts of AA/super hi res, or they should have just gone 2D animation or something. Maybe it looks better on an actual Vita screen?

elhaym

Yeah, it seems like to make that look good they would need copious amounts of AA/super hi res, or they should have just gone 2D animation or something. Maybe it looks better on an actual Vita screen?

.... Marginally. It's still not good. =|
Edit: keep in mind that since I'm using Twitter to quick upload off the Vita, they do their own shit processing to images too. =/

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
This looks fun.

Android is killing me wrt rhythm/music games. I hear it's much better on iPhones.

I play on both and my iPhone has never given me an issue, didn't even have to adjust the timing. With my droid tablet ,SAmsung tab 2? idk, I get that stupid rubberbanding when I don't free up RAM, but the screen is bigger so happy points for that.

Crescent-

Welcome fellow newcomer! :D
There is quite a few of us now, I think you're the 4th recent newcomer?

Thanks, we probably got through the same forum moderation wave haha.

Yay, more new members! The LLGAF family grows larger by the day. Sent you an invite on JP. Need some more JP buddies for dat FP

Jooooooiiin usssss

Thanks, accepted your request already~

Ahahahaha. Sent a request in EN, JP pending. You're one letter off of my usual nickname of Crescens. =p

BTW, welcome!

Haha yeah I saw your nick while lurking and thought it'll be funny when I finally get to post here. Also accepted your request.

What's your LINE name? Someone can add you!

I'll add PewPewK. But I'm using my real name since LINE's kinda popular here so it may confuse you guys at first haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom