• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elhaym

FP pulls? Yeah that's pretty lucky then!

Yeaaaaah... Lately I've been able to drop 5k+ FP without any rares at all. My luck is not reaaaaally the best.

edit: Pure Girls Project EX 3 times in a row. At least I can reliably full combo it now. >.>

m0t0k1

Wow, cool. I did a 3-pull for the scout thing and I got 2 out of 3 Rares. Weren't they 5% or something? Pretty lucky I guess.

I did do some pulls prior to that but they were all bad.

Yeah if you use friends points its pretty rare to get a rare like 5%. So nice put it those cards to good use :)

Lol red haired politics and gaf dont mix especially when you have a different opinion then the norm. Same goes for Waifu stuff because it derails a discussion, anyway welcome back :)

redhairedking

Thanks for the welcome back guys! I've learned my lesson about trying to discuss any real world issues. It's good to be back with the idol crew.

Mazre

The long nightmare is over, Mermaid Festa Vol 2 FC'd. I had given up on it and pretty much refused to play it, but as the only 25 LP option with a current EX absence my hand was forced. Now only Soldier Game remains, though I still enjoy that song very much.

elhaym

The long nightmare is over, Mermaid Festa Vol 2 FC'd. I had given up on it and pretty much refused to play it, but as the only 25 LP option with a current EX absence my hand was forced. Now only Soldier Game remains, though I still enjoy that song very much.

Haha, congrats. I don't play that song at all if I have any choice in the matter.

Finally a song other than Pure Girls Project in Score Match. Someday of My Life EX is pretty fun too, except I still came in last place. =(

edit: blargh.

Bw3yoC5IAAAlbmq.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So a couple of things...

1) Has anyone else been getting this error in the Japanese version? I get it when trying to launch the application. I get the message, the app restarts, and then I try to get in and I get that message again. Eventually I'll get in, but sometimes it takes anywhere between 2-40 tries to login before I can get in.
I find that there are times when their servers must be slammed or something. I get that error once in a while.
---
Oh god, I had no idea that the Nozomi this time was a Chinese vampire:
sQ3z8eKl.jpg

I almost want to go down the dark path of spending money to get her.
Also, for some reason, her power is "Breast rub". Thanks Japan. lol

Hugstable

Banned
I find that there are times when their servers must be slammed or something. I get that error once in a while.
---
Oh god, I had no idea that the Nozomi this time was a Chinese vampire:
sQ3z8eKl.jpg

I almost want to go down the dark path of spending money to get her.
Also, for some reason, her power is "Breast rub". Thanks Japan. lol

hehe that card is why I'm going for Top 1000 atleast, it's kinda funny.

I can't wait till they rotate mermaid Festa vol. 2 out. Only three more hours of that dreaded song.

What's so bad about it? I'm afraid to waste 25lp on the hard version of this song. Does is pay out better in the amount of Tokens for the event? I seem to be doing fine with the 25lp Hard songs, too scared to try 25 lp song and fail :(

Mokoi

Banned
What's so bad about it? I'm afraid to waste 25lp on the hard version of this song. Does is pay out better in the amount of Tokens for the event? I seem to be doing fine with the 25lp Hard songs, too scared to try 25 lp song and fail :(

Yes it pays out better. You get 27 tokens, and what you smoking? There are no 25lp hard songs besides on bside which only has festa vol. 2. Also it's not too hard, but skill level differs yo. I don't hate the song because it's hard, but just don't like the song in general. It's boring to listen too.

Hugstable

Banned
Yes it pays out better. You get 27 tokens, and what you smoking? There are no 25lp hard songs besides on bside which only has festa vol. 2. Also it's not too hard, but skill level differs yo. I don't hate the sING because it's hard, but just don't like the song in general. It's boring to listen too.

lol yeah the Festa Vol. 2 was what I was referring too, since I saw it was 25lp just for hard. It does give more tokens though? I guess I'll try it with a healer team or something, might save time if I can complete it.

Yaari

Is EXP gain based on performance song much? For example there is one song I can complete on Hard, but I get a horrible score. I can do songs on Normal that I almost FC. What would be more efficient for both tickets and exp?

PewPewK

Is EXP gain based on performance song much? For example there is one song I can complete on Hard, but I get a horrible score. I can do songs on Normal that I almost FC. What would be more efficient for both tickets and exp?

EXP is based purely on how much LP the song costs, nothing to do with performance. Tickets are also based on how much LP the song costs. Everything up to 14 LP songs will give you number of tickets = the LP cost of the song. At 15 LP you'll get 16 tickets, and 25 LP songs will grant 27 tickets, assuming of course you don't miss any of the ticket notes (bads are fine, but if you completely miss the note you won't get the ticket).

Most efficiently technically is to grind the highest LP song you can do, but it's only a very minor increase. After 45 songs you'll be able to do one more play through of the event song and get like 300 more event points total. Not a huge difference.

Yaari

EXP is based purely on how much LP the song costs, nothing to do with performance. Tickets are also based on how much LP the song cost. Everything up to 14 LP songs will give you that the number of tickets = the LP cost of the song. At 15 LP you'll get 16 tickets, and 25 LP songs will grant 27 tickets, assuming of course you don't miss any of the ticket notes (bads are fine, but if you completely miss the note you won't get the ticket).

Most efficiently technically is to grind the highest LP song you can do, but it's only a very minor increase. After 45 songs you'll be able to do one more play through of the event song and get like 300 more event points total. Not a huge difference.

Interesting, thanks. My limit is pretty much a 14LP song then. Unfortunate, the 15LP songs I tried are just too difficult.

Luckily for me it does not make that much of a difference then. It helps, but I'll put in some extra time to make up for it then.

Himemiya

I'm pretty sure that if you play a 25 LP song but score lower than C rank on it you don't get 83 XP. I think it's 20 something but I can't find any info on this even in the wiki.

PewPewK

I'm pretty sure that if you play a 25 LP song but score lower than C rank on it you don't get 83 XP. I think it's 20 something but I can't find any info on this even in the wiki.

Ah, I do now have the vague recollection you're right about that. I remember when I was just starting out on the JP version and my teams were (obviously) shit, but I could do EX songs I would not get the full amount of XP, but like half. So yeah, I suppose it has a bit to do with the strength of your teams, but only moderately. Not like S rank gives more XP than B rank, etc.

Qurex

Neo Member
Interesting, thanks. My limit is pretty much a 14LP song then. Unfortunate, the 15LP songs I tried are just too difficult.

Luckily for me it does not make that much of a difference then. It helps, but I'll put in some extra time to make up for it then.

There is actually a change in the exp you get for getting a score below C on a song.
After a Performance

After playing a song, the player will gain rewards in the form of gold, experience points, kizuna, and cards. A higher difficulty (Easy/Normal/Hard/Expert, not the star rating) results in more gold and experience points gained. Kizuna is based solely on the length of the combos achieved during the song. If the player fails to reach a C score ranking, then the amount of experience points and kizuna received is halved.

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay
This is found under the heading of "After a Performance"

Mokoi

Banned

You would be correct on that. Just tested it to make sure, and yep if you don't get a C rank or high you don't get the full 83 XP instead you get 42.

Also I'm blessed! I used Nun team and got awarded two nuns in the process.

Edit: (↑↑↑ Qurex post)

Hmm, so kizuna level is halved too. No wonder it takes a lot longer to max bonds with the Nun.

Yaari

Ah. I guess I'm able to hit a C on the song I am doing currently, it is not that difficult. Issue is I have no "Pure" based leader, not getting that bonus which helps me. I guess I'll be leveling my team a bit because I will try to play this song throughout the event as it is the only one I can do well on without wasting LP.

Qurex

Neo Member
Ah. I guess I'm able to hit a C on the song I am doing currently, it is not that difficult. Issue is I have no "Pure" based leader, not getting that bonus which helps me. I guess I'll be leveling my team a bit because I will try to play this song throughout the event as it is the only one I can do well on without wasting LP.

Have you made seperate teams for each type of song or do you only have one team?
It sounds like you have no pure cards at all.

Edit

Hmm, so kizuna level is halved too. No wonder it takes a lot longer to max bonds with the Nun.

Do you not put your nuns into your main team when you are training?

Yaari

Have you made seperate teams for each type of song or do you only have one team?
It sounds like you have no pure cards at all.

I do yeah, I have a pure team, but they are all level 1 pretty much. I focused on the Smile team, not knowing this is the one I would be using the most. I have 16k~ pure I think. It should probably be enough, but I'm missing a few notes here and there.

Qurex

Neo Member
I do yeah, I have a pure team, but they are all level 1 pretty much. I focused on the Smile team, not knowing this is the one I would be using the most. I have 16k~ pure I think. It should probably be enough, but I'm missing a few notes here and there.

Oh right of course, I forgot you still need to level all your teams. Is your pure team at 16k~ with the friend bonus? I could change my main idol if that's the team you are using the most at the moment.

No I'm to lazy to do that. I just keep playing until the whole team has max bonds.

Oh fair enough. When I need to do training I just get a spare team slot, auto set it to the type I need, then swap out half the team for the ones I need train.

Yaari

Oh right of course, I forgot you still need to level all your teams. Is your pure team at 16k~ with the friend bonus? I could change my main idol if that's the team you are using the most at the moment.

I'm at 15,5k before the friend bonus, just checked. I can hit the C but if you have a Pure idol I can probably do quite better. I plan on using it for a while yeah, if you could do that, then it would definitely help out.

Edit: Thanks, it sure will. :D

Qurex

Neo Member
I'm at 15,5k before the friend bonus, just checked. I can hit the C but if you have a Pure idol I can probably do quite better. I plan on using it for a while yeah, if you could do that, then it would definitely help out.

Alright, in that case I'll change it right now

Edit: Done, hope this helps

Himemiya

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay
This is found under the heading of "After a Performance"
Wow, I don't know where the hell I was looking. Thanks!

Also I think I've been having the problem that some of you JP players have been having. I get home and I'm ready to grind, grind, grind, but the game gives me the error on the start screen. 15+ tries and then I turned wifi on and off. It worked but when I got in my LP was 74/74.

iWtmjGGxNTU1N.gif

Happened yesterday too.

h30IZW0.png

Teacher get!

Hugstable

Banned
Wooo sitting at 8000 event points now and hoping I might be able to get the event card by tomorrow or so. Finally learned how to finish the 25lp song today too so that's definitely helping with time efficiency. Still haven't been able to full combo the new song though :(

Qurex

Neo Member
Wow, I don't know where the hell I was looking. Thanks!
The Wiki didn't really make it too obvious and it's not mentioned anywhere else, so it's easy too miss. In a sense I "cheated" to find it, I searched for the words "fail" and "exp" and then read the sections where they were highlighted.

Also I think I've been having the problem that some of you JP players have been having. I get home and I'm ready to grind, grind, grind, but the game gives me the error on the start screen. 15+ tries and then I turned wifi on and off. It worked but when I got in my LP was 74/74.

I don't play the JP version but ocassionally I get long loading times (not quite the same thing, but sometimes I'm waiting for about 5 minutes for it to load, or it fails to load and the game restarts). I'm not sure if it has to do with my ISP (it happens in the evenings/at night sometimes) or if it's just the game acting up. Normally I just turn off my device and my internet connection and then turn them back on, this seems to work for me.

Edit: Thanks, it sure will. :D

Tell me if you want me to change it again, although I only have Super Rares for Smile and Cool :)

Pikastew

Neo Member
Wooo sitting at 8000 event points now and hoping I might be able to get the event card by tomorrow or so. Finally learned how to finish the 25lp song today too so that's definitely helping with time efficiency. Still haven't been able to full combo the new song though :(

Wooo

I don't know what it is about this event song some of the timings are weird.

I saw Safs on the highscore list! Where is he anyway?

I'm at 2500 points right now and have enough tokens to convert into another 2500 and I'm also probably going to grind a few loveca tonight. Should be in the top 200 by tomorrow.

Edit: Top of the page yay
YKj70sn.gif

Himemiya

I don't play the JP version but ocassionally I get long loading times (not quite the same thing, but sometimes I'm waiting for about 5 minutes for it to load, or it fails to load and the game restarts). I'm not sure if it has to do with my ISP (it happens in the evenings/at night sometimes) or if it's just the game acting up. Normally I just turn off my device and my internet connection and then turn them back on, this seems to work for me.
Should've specified that my problem was on EN but yeah, it really sucks.

I only have Super Rares for Smile and Cool :)

You skip the Hanayo event buddy? :^>

elhaym

FWIW, I've had similar problems with both versions of the game so far and just chalked it up to bandwidth capacity or something. This "morning" at about 10 ET, for my life I couldn't connect to JP for like 15 minutes.

Qurex

Neo Member
It wasn't really clear but I was also talking about my problems with the EN version.
I don't play the JP version, I've considered it, but still haven't downloaded that version.
I hope the problem goes away, it's really annoying when the game just fails to work.

You skip the Hanayo event buddy? :^>
Haha, no I didn't skip the Hanayo event :)
I should clarify, I actually have 5 Pure Super Rares and 1 Pure Ultra Rare.

I'm not sure I have you on my friend's list so you probably can't see it, but I changed my main idol to my Ultra Rare Hanyo to help out Yaari.
So when I said "I only have Super Rares for Smile and Cool :)". What I meant was that I don't have an Ultra Rare for either Smile or Cool. So the best cards I have to help out Yaari for Cool and Smile are Super Rares, and my best Pure Card is my Ultra Rare Hanayo.

Here's a screenshot of my Super Rare and above cards for all my teams.
For some reason, this took 10 minutes to upload :|

is there any word on new rares?
i have 14k FP saved, itching to use it
I don't think we're getting any new rares until next year, since that's how long it took in the JP version. One of the JP version players could probably clarify. Only new cards we have at the moment is a few normals.

Himemiya

Haha, no I didn't skip the Hanayo event :)
I should clarify, I actually have 5 Pure Super Rares and 1 Pure Ultra Rare.

That's a lot of pure. How did I not remember that time you said you have shrine maiden Nozomi obviously that's a pure SR right then and there! All the grinding must be killing my brain today.

Qurex

Neo Member
That's a lot of pure. How did I not remember that time you said you have shrine maiden Nozomi obviously that's a pure SR right then and there! All the grinding must be killing my brain today.

Oh that's right, I did mention shrine maiden Nozomi before.

It sounds like you're aiming for one of the top ranks this event?
I try not to let my tokens build up more than a couple hundred now, as I let them build up to 2000+ during Nico's event.
The idea was that by doing that I could play the event song several times in a row meaning I would end up being great at the song. I mean it worked but it was quite boring, I think it took under 4 hours to clear them. I had to listen to some music/podcasts after a while as I was getting quite bored. Perhaps you should break up the grinding sessions, there's still plenty of time after all.

I'm not sure how high I'll aim for this event, I'll probably decide depending on how it looks at about halfway through. Although the card looks great, so I might have to decide soon.

Himemiya

Perhaps you should break up the grinding sessions, there's still plenty of time after all.

Gotta get that Nozomi! My cool team is the trashiest, the only SRs being unidolized from the events. Tier 2 but still I am taking some breaks and brought loveca usage down to only 2 today.

Kumubou

One other thing to note when starting out is that the quality of the Normal and Rare cards can vary wildly. The bad ones are pretty goddamn bad, but the best ones actually end up being higher value than bad Rares. Whereas the good Rares end up being only 100-200 points behind unidolized Super Rares. The starting normal cards (1-27) are sorted by quality (25, 26 and 27 start with low stats but have screwed up growth rates, so it works out). You usually only get the better Normals from friend point draws, so keep an eye out if you need to fill the teams out. The rares need to mach the idol's "type" (Smile for Honoka, Rin and Nico; Pure for Hayano, Kotori, and Nozomi; and Cool for Umi, Emi and Maki). Or you can throw a bunch of money at KLab/Bushiroad, get SR/URs and body everything (just as planned).

Yaari

Was reading Reddit about this game and people said that Rank~ 1000 for the Event could be requiring around 30k event poins by the time it is over? Man, it was going to even be a struggle to get anywhere near 10k by the time it is over.. haha.

Is the EN version popular btw? When I played PAD they always shared download numbers, but I can't find much on this game.

I hope that since the game is so far behind the JP version, the stability will improve throughout updates. Already lost count on the crashes that occured.

froliq

Was reading Reddit about this game and people said that Rank~ 1000 for the Event could be requiring around 30k event poins by the time it is over? Man, it was going to even be a struggle to get anywhere near 10k by the time it is over.. haha.

Is the EN version popular btw? When I played PAD they always shared download numbers, but I can't find much on this game.

I hope that since the game is so far behind the JP version, the stability will improve throughout updates. Already lost count on the crashes that occured.

There was a 100,000 user celebration long ago.Meanwhile JP already had their 4 million one.

PewPewK

Yeah, for the top ranks you must use lovegems. Also keep in mind that a lot of us are around rank 80-100+ and have 65-75+ LP, so the use of lovegems is particularly useful for us grinding to get into the top ranks. Then it turns into a bit of a competition in who's willing to use the most lovegems to rank the highest. Brilliant money-making strategy for Bushimo/KLabGames. Not so brilliant for the players, but hey, we accept it.

EN version hit 200,000 back in June. As froliq said, JP version hit 4,000,000 last month.

Stability isn't that much better on the JP version, but I don't crash that much on either.

Hugstable

Banned
Boom.

Daily song is so boring. Gonna wait until tomorrow or tuesday to get back into the real grind.

I actually like the daily song, but it's my first time playing it. I just got used to playing 25lp songs yesterday >_>

EDIT: OH dang we are 930 posts away from needing an OT2? M0t0k do you have any ideas for a Thread Title yet? I'll try to think of something hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom