• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazre

Hrmm...Lily White box on JP side, would pull but need to hold out for a smile only box. Had a nice break, didn't play at all this past week besides logging in for the daily bonuses. Happy to see the SR threshold back to 11k for EN event. EN/JP event rewards both look great, reg and idolized.

Ugh, confirmed that I cant get a freaking S rank with my team right now on the event song.
My score is 167188 with A combo, Im sure I cant get to what the game wants even if I do S combo.

Qurex

Neo Member
Ugh, confirmed that I cant get a freaking S rank with my team right now on the event song.
My score is 167188 with A combo, Im sure I cant get to what the game wants even if I do S combo.

Could you post a picture of what your Cool team looks like?
Are you just using Cool cards or is it a mixed team made up of the cards with the highest Cool rating?

I think you're about 10,000 points under the S ranking.

Yaari

Wonder if there is even a point in competing in the event. I can barely even complete the song on Normal, I fail quite often.

Does a higher rank give you more room for mistakes, I realized my stamina went up a bit throughout the day. It is 18 now. Still not enough considering how awful I am.

Edit: Bleh now I only missed a single note on Normal. Not sure whats up with that.

Qurex

Neo Member
Wonder if there is even a point in competing in the event. I can barely even complete the song on Normal, I fail quite often.

Does a higher rank give you more room for mistakes, I realized my stamina went up a bit throughout the day. It is 18 now. Still not enough considering how awful I am.

Edit: Bleh now I only missed a single note on Normal. Not sure whats up with that.

When you first start playing it's quite difficult to score well. Scoring in this game depends a lot on the strength of your idol team more than it depends on your combo skills.

By failing, are you talking about completing the song without missing notes, or do you mean your song score is too low? What rank do you get for your score and combo on normal?

When you say stamina are you referring to LP which lets you play songs? A higher rank gives you more LP which lets you play more.
Unless you mean the stamina for when you mess up when you're playing a song? The stamina bar for that is determined by the strength of your team.

If you're having difficulty to complete the song on normal, I suggest playing the event song on easy as you would probably get more exp this way. You get more exp clearing a song well than if you do if you can barely clear a song. This would mean you can level up faster and get more cards to level up your idols.

There is a point in playing the event even if you can't score well. You will still get prizes for the points you earn, you just might not reach the top tier prizes.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This looks interesting, I think I understand how it works. Although I'll probably stick to using a pen and piece of paper to calculate it manually myself

This example was min-maxing the time and the LP so you don't waste anything. Otherwise you might need to use a few more Loveca to reach your target[/b]
Is there any reason to pad out the play over ten days when you can just play the game for like 5 hours one day?

Outside of losing your sanity I mean.

Yaari

When you first start playing it's quite difficult to score well. Scoring in this game depends a lot on the strength of your idol team more than it depends on your combo skills.

By failing, are you talking about completing the song without missing notes, or do you mean your song score is too low? What rank do you get for your score and combo on normal?

When you say stamina are you referring to LP which lets you play songs? A higher rank gives you more LP which lets you play more.
Unless you mean the stamina for when you mess up when you're playing a song? The stamina bar for that is determined by the strength of your team.

If you're having difficulty to complete the song on normal, I suggest playing the event song on easy as you would probably get more exp this way. You get more exp clearing a song well than if you do if you can barely clear a song. This would mean you can level up faster and get more cards to level up your idols.

There is a point in playing the event even if you can't score well. You will still get prizes for the points you earn, you just might not reach the top tier prizes.
My bad I didnt phrase it well, yeah I ment LP. Yeah I did not manage to complete the song, although the one I tried after that rant, I only missed a single note. So its a hit/miss.

Thanks for the info, yeah it has been giving me some rewards so I guess I can't complain. Playing for tickets is pretty nice when I am out of LP.

Another thing about the 10+1 pulls, this should be done after the current event that is taking place then, correct? That is what I had been reading anyway. Or would it be fine to do it right now, is there any difference to it?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Er... wow. The new event has already started!

Well I guess I'm not bothering with that. Gonna try beat Xenoblade once and for all.

Himemiya

Another thing about the 10+1 pulls, this should be done after the current event that is taking place then, correct? That is what I had been reading anyway. Or would it be fine to do it right now, is there any difference to it?

Don't do it now because there's a chance you'll get all rares. "Guaranteed SR and above" periods are announced in the notices so keep an eye on them. We might even get one before the event is over because that happened last event, but you have to make sure.

Also here's a video for practice in getting the rhythm of the event normal song.

Cybolt

My bad I didnt phrase it well, yeah I ment LP. Yeah I did not manage to complete the song, although the one I tried after that rant, I only missed a single note. So its a hit/miss.

Thanks for the info, yeah it has been giving me some rewards so I guess I can't complain. Playing for tickets is pretty nice when I am out of LP.

For the 10+1 pulls, I would recommend waiting until the end of this event before you decide to pull. Wait for it to say "Guaranteed SR" or such before pulling. Otherwise you risk getting nothing really useful.

tenton

Is there any reason to pad out the play over ten days when you can just play the game for like 5 hours one day?

Yes, because in the 10 days, you're also automatically regenerating LP. So spread it out a little so you're playing all 15LP or 25LP songs all the time to get those extra tokens.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yes, because in the 10 days, you're also automatically regenerating LP. So spread it out a little so you're playing all 15LP or 25LP songs all the time to get those extra tokens.
Ah, I was assuming everyone was level 100. I guess if you don't have enough to get 3 EX plays in one turn, then maybe it's worth waiting.

tenton

Ah, I was assuming everyone was level 100. I guess if you don't have enough to get 3 EX plays in one turn, then maybe it's worth waiting.

At rank 100, by the time you play that 3rd EX song, you're at 1 LP. So if you spam gems immediately, you're tossing away that 1 LP.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
At rank 100, by the time you play that 3rd EX song, you're at 1 LP. So if you spam gems immediately, you're tossing away that 1 LP.
What about at level 99? ;)
I think at that point, I'd probably be okay with spending the extra few bucks and just play a few more times.

Qurex

Neo Member

Do you mean spending all the Loveca at once rather than over the whole event?

If so then yes they need to be spread out, as in my earlier post, I was going through an example of how the calculator works. SpacePirate Ridley wanted to know how much many sessions did you need to play everyday based on what the calculator was saying. So I did my example and gave out the average result of what you need to do/spend everyday.

Every time you use a Loveca you want to maximise the amount of LP/tokens you get so you should always try to aim for 25/15LP songs.
I mean you can spend them all in one sitting but you'll be there for a long time as you would need to let your LP recover before spending the next Loveca.

In that case you should probably keep playing the event song on easy as you will get more points per play compared to failing/barely passing the song on normal.
Have you special practised your idols yet? That will help your score slightly. Perhaps do a draw using your Friend Points as well

The 10+1 pulls should be done after the current event, there will be a big notice telling you that you will be guarenteed a Super Rare card if you do a draw during that period.
If you do a draw outside of that period, all 11 of your cards will be subjected to the RNG for what rarity you draw

Marche90

Ugh. I don't want to fight for the top, and I'm not even the biggest Nozomi fan around here...

But damn, I really want her idolized card! It's fucking great! ;_;

(oh, and the current event song it's very good. One of the best we have gotten so far)

Yaari

In that case you should probably keep playing the event song on easy as you will get more points per play compared to failing/barely passing the song on normal.
Have you special practised your idols yet? That will help your score slightly. Perhaps do a draw using your Friend Points as well

The 10+1 pulls should be done after the current event, there will be a big notice telling you that you will be guarenteed a Super Rare card if you do a draw during that period.
If you do a draw outside of that period, all 11 of your cards will be subjected to the RNG for what rarity you draw

Yeah, working on that, aswell as leveling them. Although I am out of Gold and it's not really going too fast. I am doing pretty well now I think, not missing too many notes. I can't do a complete song without breaking the streak but for the few hours I played I can see some progress.

Still barely hitting the C though, guess most of that is due to the team. Oh well, I'll get there.

Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, working on that, aswell as leveling them. Although I am out of Gold and it's not really going too fast. I am doing pretty well now I think, not missing too many notes. I can't do a complete song without breaking the streak but for the few hours I played I can see some progress.

Still barely hitting the C though, guess most of that is due to the team. Oh well, I'll get there.

For your first event, unless you have spent money and gotten Rares/Super Rares and leveled them up, you will have a hard time getting the S rank. Either you wait it out and wait for free cards, or you pull the trigger and start doing pulls.

Qurex

Neo Member

Completely forgot that you use gold up quickly when you first start playing. You could sell off extra idols if you really wanted, but you shouldn't until you start getting doubles. Just special practice and max bond your idols for now, the Gold you get from those will be useful.

Like firehawk says, you need Rares and Super Rares really to score well.
If you're lucky you might get some rare cards when you use friend points. But it's a 5% chance or something like that...

Do you have anyone on your friends list with Ultra Rares or Super Rares? The bonus that's added to your score will help as well. Post your ID, I'll add you if you want :)

Mokoi

Banned

If your having trouble with any hard song. Here is a great assist guide playlist that may help.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL79_RBqQ5olshoIxMKcPo96YFTyeWtf0K

---
Well time to play catch up.

Yaari

Completely forgot that you use gold up quickly when you first start playing. You could sell off extra idols if you really wanted, but you shouldn't until you start getting doubles. Just special practice and max bond your idols for now, the Gold you get from those will be useful.

Like firehawk says, you need Rares and Super Rares really to score well.
If you're lucky you might get some rare cards when you use friend points. But it's a 5% chance or something like that...

Do you have anyone on your friends list with Ultra Rares or Super Rares? The bonus that's added to your score will help as well. Post your ID, I'll add you if you want :)

Nope, I don't. And yeah that would be great! Here's my ID 930762982

Hugstable

Banned
Er... wow. The new event has already started!

Well I guess I'm not bothering with that. Gonna try beat Xenoblade once and for all.

I still need to beat Xenoblade also! I'm saving it for after I finish Danganronpa 2, but I've been actually playing a bit this event for once haha.

Hugstable

Banned
ibhjYSAAKm6kH5.gif

PewPewK

So a couple of things...

1) Has anyone else been getting this error in the Japanese version? I get it when trying to launch the application. I get the message, the app restarts, and then I try to get in and I get that message again. Eventually I'll get in, but sometimes it takes anywhere between 2-40 tries to login before I can get in.

2) Derp, found it. Dunno how I missed it before. | I guess I need to make sure I have a backup of my JP game if I'm going to reset the app data. How do I backup on the JP version? The button for creating a code seems to be gone, instead replaced with a registration and login for some other service, but I wasn't able to figure it out.

---

In better news, Unbalanced Love EX is probably the easiest EX song I've ever played. First attempt/time hearing the song I got 2 goods, second attempt I FC'd it with only 10 greats. So easy... dunno how others in the score match aren't FCing it every time.

Crescent-

So a couple of things...

1) Has anyone else been getting this error in the Japanese version? I get it when trying to launch the application. I get the message, the app restarts, and then I try to get in and I get that message again. Eventually I'll get in, but sometimes it takes anywhere between 2-40 tries to login

Got that error as well since last week, although it usually only takes me 4 tries at most to finally login. I usually got that message when my phone has no signal while login though

PewPewK

Got that error as well since last week, although it usually only takes me 4 tries at most to finally login. I usually got that message when my phone has no signal while login though

I'm definitely not having signal issues. I'm connected to WiFi and only a few feet from the router. Now that I created a backup code, I think I might reinstall the application. See if that fixes it.

Crescent-

I'm definitely not having signal issues. I'm connected to WiFi and only a few feet from the router. Now that I created a backup code, I think I might reinstall the application. See if that fixes it.

Ok, tell me if that works and i'll probably try it as well. The odd thing is that this has been happening only since last week (at least for me). Wonder if an update caused that error?

PewPewK

Ok, tell me if that works and i'll probably try it as well. The odd thing is that this has been happening only since last week (at least for me). Wonder if an update caused that error?

About the same time frame for mine. Began happening a little more than a week ago. Happened right before one of the patches (not the app patch, but one of the content patches).

m0t0k1

Bit of a late reply. But one day youll be even better then this! It just takes a lot of practice :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-575eVIAeU&list=UUE5hGVYctnXvvGz_u4T2UFw

I was wondering about your team. Have you got any rares in it? Most R cards have 3hp so you can make a lot more mistakes. Also some N cards have more then 1 hp if the game is too hard at the moment i suggest just making a Normal team with more hp and try not to focus on a certain power. This will help you to learn the game better. Also if you do get a couple of rares i suggest using those with healing powers so you can try the songs longer. Once you get better then you can start focusing on making a stronger team with score boosters and less hp but with more power. Instead of healing teams. hope this helps a bit.

Yaari

Bit of a late reply. But one day youll be even better then this! It just takes a lot of practice :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-575eVIAeU&list=UUE5hGVYctnXvvGz_u4T2UFw

I was wondering about your team. Have you got any rares in it? Most R cards have 3hp so you can make a lot more mistakes. Also some N cards have more then 1 hp if the game is too hard at the moment i suggest just making a Normal team with more hp and try not to focus on a certain power. This will help you to learn the game better. Also if you do get a couple of rares i suggest using those with healing powers so you can try the songs longer. Once you get better then you can start focusing on making a stronger team with score boosters and less hp but with more power. Instead of healing teams. hope this helps a bit.

That makes me wonder how many fingers people even use. Makes me feel ridiculous using just my index fingers haha.

I do have a single R card yeah. She gives a bonus to Smile (Eli Ayase it is I think).
Those healing cards sounds perfect for me. Hope I will run into one eventually.

The thing I am struggling with is properly managing all those N cards I am getting. My member list is full with 96/96 and it is a complete mess to sort out, do you Favorite anything you are using?

Edit: Lol, that picture. hahaha..

m0t0k1

That makes me wonder how many fingers people even use. Makes me feel ridiculous using just my index fingers haha.

I do have a single R card yeah. She gives a bonus to Smile (Eli Ayase it is I think).
Those healing cards sounds perfect for me. Hope I will run into one eventually.

The thing I am struggling with is properly managing all those N cards I am getting. My member list is full with 96/96 and it is a complete mess to sort out, do you Favorite anything you are using?

Edit: Lol, that picture. hahaha..

Have you tried idolizing/ fusing your most used members? They will go a level up and you can reach higher levels with them. Your card will become stronger when you feed them your cards so it becomes more easy to S-rank a song. So all characters i dont use go straight towards cards i do use to give them experience. I believe all cards that you use go to your favourites directly so you cant use them accidentally. So i do have a lot of room left for new idols. Although the one i like. I keep them. If you reach 50 and do the 10+1 draw your teams will go really more powerful since all cards will be Rare or higher. So a bit patience and you will get some nice cards that are really useful in the beginning. Also if all your levels are maxed you can try to sell them too. I read that you need some money. lastly don't keep double copies of cards if you dont have them in your teams you play with. They wont become any stronger. So time to spent some time in the idol menu and try to fuse. offer them for xp and sell as much as possible. No need to keep all of them.

PewPewK

m0t0k1

Man I remember when I just started out. Now After School Navigators is a piss easy song for me. Wasn't able to FC it, but I usually only had 1-2 goods in it. I did FC Loneliest Baby a few times though. Pretty easy song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHaGof-kUFc

I usually still get one or two good now at that song atm ;_; but i got better over time when it first came out i remembered not even completing it. Then completing it with a full recovery team and now i can do it with just my normal team. But yeah practice makes perfect.

Yaari

Wow, cool. I did a 3-pull for the scout thing and I got 2 out of 3 Rares. Weren't they 5% or something? Pretty lucky I guess.

I did do some pulls prior to that but they were all bad.

redhairedking

Hey idolGAF I'm back! And just in time for a new event! Long story short a mod disagreed with me politically and I landed myself a one month ban.

JoeFu

Banned
Wow, cool. I did a 3-pull for the scout thing and I got 2 out of 3 Rares. Weren't they 5% or something? Pretty lucky I guess.

I did do some pulls prior to that but they were all bad.

FP pulls? Yeah that's pretty lucky then!

Hey idolGAF I'm back! And just in time for a new event! Long story short a mod disagreed with me politically and I landed myself a one month ban.

Don't stray too far from the sanctuary that is LL !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom