• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

I actually like the daily song, but it's my first time playing it. I just got used to playing 25lp songs yesterday >_>

EDIT: OH dang we are 930 posts away from needing an OT2? M0t0k do you have any ideas for a Thread Title yet? I'll try to think of something hehe

I already had an idea way back. |OT2| despair comes in a cute little envelop or something like that despair comes in a little pink envelop as a variation. So if anybody has a better one please share. And no nico a shit does not count :D

cpooi

I already had an idea way back. |OT2| despair comes in a cute little envelop or something like that despair comes in a little pink envelop as a variation. So if anybody has a better one please share. And no nico a shit does not count :D

Maybe [Despair is best served in a pink envelop]?

1) Has anyone else been getting this error in the Japanese version? I get it when trying to launch the application. I get the message, the app restarts, and then I try to get in and I get that message again. Eventually I'll get in, but sometimes it takes anywhere between 2-40 tries to login before I can get in.
Selectively quoting this one cause it's at the top of the page, but I can get in 100% of the time if I mash on the X button before any of the daily notices load.

m0t0k1

Maybe [Despair is best served in a pink envelop]?

Yeah that could work too :) I will wait a bit until more people comment on the OT name. We still have plenty of time before a new one comes. We need 20k post before this one gets closed.

Hugstable

Banned
Yeah that could work too :) I will wait a bit until more people comment on the OT name. We still have plenty of time before a new one comes. We need 20k post before this one gets closed.

I'm probably gonna have fun an come up with alot of dumb names over the course of the next day or so. Alot of these are gonna be pretty bad though, like OT2: Nico Nico Despair, or OT2: Honk Honk!

cpooi

I'm probably gonna have fun an come up with alot of dumb names over the course of the next day or so. Alot of these are gonna be pretty bad though, like OT2: Nico Nico Despair, or OT2: Honk Honk!

Those are really terrible.

How about [face-tapping your way to despair]?

fek

I think puns with song titles could work well, like Despair S.T.A.R.T!! or something
I don't think it should be about despair but that's all I can come up with

Yui

... my brother is throwing a fit and locked himself in our room...

image.php

...and Nozomi ain't gonna grind herself

fdsgfdgdfgsdx2j1q.png

Yaari

Dropped 3000 ranks today, lol. Had no idea it was going to be this difficult. I do have 400~tickets but I doubt it brings me back to where I was yesterday.

Himemiya

oG9dEja.png

I see that Nontan wants me to go top 200 and keep the ghost around forever. Hmm...nice try.
The worst of the grind is over! Nobody give up.
Really belated congrats to the other Nontan-havers!

chrono01

Congrats to those with the SR Nozomi already!

I've been out of town this weekend, so I've basically been gathering whatever tokens I could [when the LP replenished], but I'll definitely be burning through a few [dozen] Loveca tomorrow to push for that Top 1000. Should be fun.

[Here's hoping we get a better Daily song...]

Qurex

Neo Member
Dropped 3000 ranks today, lol. Had no idea it was going to be this difficult. I do have 400~tickets but I doubt it brings me back to where I was yesterday.
If you play often, pretty much whenever you can, it is probably possible for you to place somewhere in the top 4000 by the end of the event. Since you're still at quite a low level you can get free LP refills from level ups quite often so you should be able to get loads of tokens quite quickly.

oG9dEja.png

I see that Nontan wants me to go top 200 and keep the ghost around forever. Hmm...nice try.
The worst of the grind is over! Nobody give up.
Really belated congrats to the other Nontan-havers!
Congrats on getting the event card, it looks like you managed a lot in the past day.
Your screenshot shows that you have 99 presents, is that the limit the game can display?

Give me based 4x now please.
Still another 5 days to go until we get that. I wonder how high the scores would get if we had it from the start though...

Congrats to all the other people who got the event card already.

Edit:
Fffffffs. Haaaaaaaaaaate using the wrong team by accident in score match.
Just noticed this, Congrats on reaching Member status!

PewPewK

Selectively quoting this one cause it's at the top of the page, but I can get in 100% of the time if I mash on the X button before any of the daily notices load.

The error hasn't happened recently, but when it was happening it happened before the X button of page for daily notices ever even appeared. It was on the "Touch to Start" screen and the second I hit it instead of "Connecting" at the top right corner like usual I'd get this message.

Himemiya

Your screenshot shows that you have 99 presents, is that the limit the game can display?

Thanks, and yep the displayed number won't go higher but there was definitely more than 99 there. I was scared of 99 being the actual limit, but nah. I am selling idols basically after every 2-3 songs I play, and the rest go to the box.

Considering he already has the event SR, he's already sitting nicely in the top 200. It feels like everyone is playing normally at this point, but there is always that surge at the end.

She, and I am at a comfy 130 in the event ranks, but I'm just going for tier 2. Gonna burn 4 gems when the day resets (to try and FC Soldier Game)and I should be good for the rest of the event.
Plz

Huggy if you haven't played Soldier Game get your healer team out and pray.

Qurex

Neo Member
Thanks, and yep the displayed number won't go higher but there was definitely more than 99 there.
That's good to know. I'm surprised the game does not have any problems loading your 99+ idols.

I am at a comfy 130 in the event ranks
How many Loveca did you spend in the end? I'm guessing about 25 including the 4 you will spend later?
I was thinking it would be a good idea to keep track of this for the future.

Huggy if you haven't played Soldier Game get your healer team out and pray.
A mixed team would probably hold up alright. So 3-4 Cool cards with the rest being healers. That's if you want to try going for a score above C rank so you don't get the exp/kizuna cut in half.

Draxal

Considering he already has the event SR, he's already sitting nicely in the top 200. It feels like everyone is playing normally at this point, but there is always that surge at the end.

A lot of people are just saving up for 4x or ex. I'm personally saving all toks for ex myself.

Hugstable

Banned
A lot of people are just saving up for 4x or ex. I'm personally saving all toks for ex myself.

Dammmmn you got me scared now since I really want to go for the top 200 since I've been doing pretty well already, but I kinda just want to play some Danganronpa 2 for a bit and mostly save my Loveca for Rin. This is gonna be tough haha.

Himemiya

How many Loveca did you spend in the end? I'm guessing about 25 including the 4 you will spend later?

I'm counting on 16-18 being enough (for me), only spent 12.

A mixed team would probably hold up alright. So 3-4 Cool cards with the rest being healers. That's if you want to try going for a score above C rank so you don't get the exp/kizuna cut in half.

Soldier Game isn't that bad I'm just teasing but that's probably the most surprising daily (in terms of difficulty) that one might actually die on. I know I did once.

Qurex

Neo Member
I'm counting on 16-18 being enough (for me), only spent 12.
Oh that's a lot less than I thought was needed.
Looking at the rewards list though, you might need to use the Loveca that you get from that to keep your place.

Soldier Game isn't that bad I'm just teasing but that's probably the most surprising daily (in terms of difficulty) that one might actually die on. I know I did once.
Yeah, Soldier Game was surprising the first time it showed up. I failed that a few times before I gave up and used a team of healers. Now I only need my one Cool SR Umi healer to help me out occasionally.
Ever since we got the Expert songs though, I find it a lot easier. It seems much slower now.

Single pulls are not worth it.
You just do a draw then?
I thought there was a person who was really lucky at doing single pulls here?

This page on the Wiki is quite handy for some info about the English Version

PewPewK

getting my phone tomorrow so i can play this, it better be good

Trust me. It's addicting, especially the Japanese version with the harder songs.

---

Whooo! FC on my 2nd try on one of the new EX songs in the rotation.

Some EX songs are really easy, but I used to not even be able to get a FC on a hard song the first time not too long ago. Now I can FC some EX songs on the first or second attempt. Feels great, I'm really starting to get a hang for this game at the EX level. Still can't do the spicy EX songs, but everything beyond those are easy for me now (to at least finish w/o a healer team).

Yaari

So will waiting for the 4x/ex before using the Event Tickets, result in more points? I remember reading it means you use your tickets 4 times as quickly, so I guess it is to save time, but it did not result in any increased exp, is this right?

PewPewK

So will waiting for the 4x/ex before using the Event Tickets, result in more points? I remember reading it means you use your tickets 4 times as quickly, so I guess it is to save time, but it did not result in any increased exp, is this right?

Correct, and for you since you're just starting it'd likely harm you. You get the same rewards as normally completing the song, it just uses 4x the event tokens and grants 4x the event points at the end. That's the only difference.

So you lose out on the EXP you could have gotten if you had played the event song 4x more times. It's great for the people who are trying to rank 1-2000ish because they have to play the song 100s of times, so cutting that down by a factor of 4 is helpful.

The 4x song is considered a new song, however, so completing it once and FC'ing and S ranking it will grant 2000 more friend points, which can be nice.

Yaari

I see, thanks. Yeah, those Tickets indeed come in great when I am short of some exp and don't want to wait for a refill. I'll try to go through using them all the regular way then.

cpooi

I don't really know how you people stand the grinding. I feel that even hitting the SR from the event reward is already a little too much. The current lack of EX songs doesn't help too. (Yes, I've FC Soldier Game hard.) Still, good luck to everyone trying to get tier 1 or 2. Here is some music for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9TuIVpBi5I

Azusa

I don't really know how you people stand the grinding. I feel that even hitting the SR from the event reward is already a little too much. The current lack of EX songs doesn't help too. (Yes, I've FC Soldier Game hard.) Still, good luck to everyone trying to get tier 1 or 2.

I like grinding in games, but not this kind of. These token events are not fun at all.

Hugstable

Banned
I don't really know how you people stand the grinding. I feel that even hitting the SR from the event reward is already a little too much. The current lack of EX songs doesn't help too. (Yes, I've FC Soldier Game hard.) Still, good luck to everyone trying to get tier 1 or 2. Here is some music for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9TuIVpBi5I

Ehh it's not really that bad, just play through the 25 lp songs. I've been playing this inbetween breaks of Danganronpa 2 and been doing fine in the event, but I've also spent a decent amount of Loveca (maybe 14 now I think?) Best thing to do is if you can't grind the event song like that, just save all your tokens for the 4X at the end. Myself I play until I have around 300-400 tokens and then grind them all down.

cpooi

Ehh it's not really that bad, just play through the 25 lp songs. I've been playing this inbetween breaks of Danganronpa 2 and been doing fine in the event, but I've also spent a decent amount of Loveca (maybe 14 now I think?) Best thing to do is if you can't grind the event song like that, just save all your tokens for the 4X at the end. Myself I play until I have around 300-400 tokens and then grind them all down.

I already have 60+ plays on all the daily songs' hard mode (which is the only 25 lp songs left). I am rather sick of playing only them. The event song is the least of my worries with 4X and ex now in play.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Yay I'm back! I missed some Nozomi action this weekend. :'( two extra loveca should make up for it ... I think.

How goes the Nozomi hunt for everyone else?

Hugstable

Banned
I already have 60+ plays on all the daily songs' hard mode (which is the only 25 lp songs left). I am rather sick of playing only them. The event song is the least of my worries with 4X and ex now in play.

Ahhh, I only started being able to do 25lp plays for dailies yesterday since I was on a break and never really played the dailies so they are all still pretty newish to me. There are always the 15lp songs, but then you have to end up playing for longer, but at least you can switch up the songs all the time. I can see how it's hard for alot, I pretty much was on a break for awhile after I got my Umi since I wanted to save my energy to make sure I got the Event SR Idolized for my favorites.

Dracil

After playing LLSIF for so long (like Rank 180+ in JP) the songs have a sort of meditative effect for me. I just sort of zone out while playing the song. Also I can actually carry a conversation while playing now as long as my eyes don't need to leave the screen.

Yaari

I can't wait to pull! I hope the SR thing comes back soon. Currently on 62 loveca, figure I might aswell aim for 100 because no LP refill seems worth it with my shitty low rank.

Qurex

Neo Member
Thanks! It's entirely in this thread. =p

Well, this thread has a great community after all! :D

After playing LLSIF for so long (like Rank 180+ in JP) the songs have a sort of meditative effect for me. I just sort of zone out while playing the song. Also I can actually carry a conversation while playing now as long as my eyes don't need to leave the screen.

Does your LP last about 10 hours now that you are Rank 180+ in JP?

I can't wait to pull! I hope the SR thing comes back soon. Currently on 62 loveca, figure I might aswell aim for 100 because no LP refill seems worth it with my shitty low rank.

The guaranteed SR draw will most likely be back next Monday right after the event ends.

Quick reminder that the 4x songs for the English event will be added on the daily refresh on Friday 12th.

It's a bit early, but, here are the countdowns to the end of both the Japanese and English events. It might be useful for those who use tools like the calculator to see how much time is left.

Countdown for the end of the English event
t1410775200z0.png

Countdown for the end of the Japanese event
t1410760800z0.png

PewPewK

They've done a 10+1 pull guaranteed SR after every single event has concluded so far, so safe to assume they'll continue the trend. So as soon as the event is over you'll be able to do some pulls! Good luck and get ready for the inevitable despair.

Draxal

They've done a 10+1 pull guaranteed SR after every single event has concluded so far, so safe to assume they'll continue the trend. So as soon as the event is over you'll be able to do some pulls! Good luck and get ready for the inevitable despair.

There's probably going to be one mid event as well, with either the initial Nozomi/Eli Ur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom