• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crescent-

Anyone here uses an ASUS device to play? My friend wants to buy an ASUS zenfone to play this (since his tablet sucks, lags all the time) but he wants to know if the game will run smoothly on it.

JoeFu

Banned
Anyone here uses an ASUS device to play? My friend wants to buy an ASUS zenfone to play this (since his tablet sucks, lags all the time) but he wants to know if the game will run smoothly on it.

From what I heard the Asus zenfones kinda suck. If he's getting a zenfone 4 or 5 it should be alright.

PewPewK

FC second attempt on Anone Ganbare EX. And before it's even available on the EN side.

Sa14j7X.png

TKRq3fW.png

Still inevitable that I lose the score match even with a full combo. Damn Japanese and their good teams...

Hugstable

Banned
OMG my phone just gave me announcement of it having low battery right near the end of the daily and I almost saved it but lost right in the final note... ARGGGGGH

MY LP T_T

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
OMG my phone just gave me announcement of it having low battery right near the end of the daily and I almost saved it but lost right in the final note... ARGGGGGH

MY LP T_T

Ick, your phone must be punished. Some people tend to do physical punishments, ( bang it, throw it). I go psychological... I threaten to dunk it in water or to run a nickel across the screen. I know it works cause my phone never rings anymore only vibrates ... from fear!

Yaari

Saw some people mention Perfect Lock. Do they mean this skill by that? "For every 25 notes, there is a 42% chance of turning all goods and greats in the next 3 seconds into perfects. (Level 1)".

On that note, I'm playing probably the easiest Hard song there is, but after 60 attempts a single note stops me from getting that FC. Really annoying! So close.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Saw some people mention Perfect Lock. Do they mean this skill by that? "For every 25 notes, there is a 42% chance of turning all goods and greats in the next 3 seconds into perfects. (Level 1)".

On that note, I'm playing probably the easiest Hard song there is, but after 60 attempts a single note stops me from getting that FC. Really annoying! So close.

Yessir, that is Perfect Lock. Which song are you playing that is playing with you?

Yaari

Yessir, that is Perfect Lock. Which song are you playing that is playing with you?

Haha, 'Baby Maybe Koi no Button'. It is the only one I am sure to actually finish. I'll probably experiment with more difficult songs when the event is over, but I don't want to waste LP on failures right now.

Mokoi

Banned
Good good, I'm rank 178 right now. Even if I drop down out of 200 today I will be able to come back up quite easily once I get some free time.

Himemiya

The manga that firehawk12 mentioned in Line chat yesterday was quite good. It's by vice, and it's sweet, and gives a pretty convincing argument for why the hell someone like Nozomi became vice prez of a school.

"Can I really shine?"
Lol

Yui

This doujin that firehawk12 mentioned in Line chat yesterday was quite good!

Guys srsly, why do you need a second platform for the same community?
I don't feel like posting in here anymore if all of you guys talk in Line, while this thread gets like 10 posts a day. :/
Sure, you guys still post in here, but a lot of random stuff probably goes in the Line chat.
And I feel like this thread lost quite a bit of it's "flow and energy" as soon as the Line thing started. (might be a coincidence but you know)

Hugstable

Banned
I don't feel like posting in here anymore if all of you guys talk in Line, while this thread gets like 10 posts a day. :/
Sure, you guys still post in here, but a lot of random stuff probably goes in the Line chat.
And I feel like this thread lost quite a bit of it's "flow and energy" as soon as the Line thing started. (might be a coincidence but you know)

Well for me I had school start up recently, and plus with trying to go strong in the Nozomi event I've been a bit busier than usual, but the thread was already starting to slow down even before I had joined in the LINE chat. We aren't always chatting in there, and most of what we talk about is usually incredibly off topic, plus most LL stuff I talk about I tend to post anyway in here. I think alot of the thread slowing down also has to do since Safs left and he was the most active and always talking with us and always loved to keep the conversation going that made the thread move alot faster than it does now. I miss Safs :(. I'm usually always up in the Line Chat and I know many that do chat there also have been posting here, but some have also not been playing super hard in this event also. LINE has pretty much been a good way for us to communicate though and talk about other things other than LL, in which we've been having fun with Danganronpa 2, Phoenix watching tons of Bad Anime, Mike offering him more Bad Anime, etc. I love this place and it was my first place that I truly started posting in GAF, so trust me when I say I wouldn't want this place to be gone and die out either :(.

I can always try to make a bit more effort to post some more, especially since I'm working hard to get Nozomi anyways. Sitting nicely as Rank 50's right now, and have 300 tokens just chilling again. Probably not gonna spend til later at this point now tho haha.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm sitting at about rank 13804 with 1.3k tokens... must do math

Want to save them for EX spam

Here I'll set up the math for you

X=Y

X is Spend Tokens, Y is Nozomi SR!

Spend your Tokens and get Nozo! Unless you are waiting for 4X haha. Even then I always play mine down early, I like getting alook at where I am in the events all the time haha.

m0t0k1

For those of you who like Honoka vvv

For those of you that don't.... vvv

i don't seem to remember Honoka in the same picture. Guess i am going to rewatch that episode tonight :p. How is everybody holding up in the honoka event? I am at 15k atm so 10 more to go. Also do people feel the need that i need to update the events and timers in the op again? i guess everybody understand the schedules right now but since we have a lot of new people around i could start doing it so people learn the times.

Draxal

Here I'll set up the math for you

X=Y

X is Spend Tokens, Y is Nozomi SR!

Spend your Tokens and get Nozo! Unless you are waiting for 4X haha. Even then I always play mine down early, I like getting alook at where I am in the events all the time haha.

He's saving for Ex which gives you the best return on tokens.

m0t0k1

It's optional, it pops up next to the original song. Just make sure you don't hit it accidentally. :p

Even if you accentually hit it nothing is going to happen. Only when you confirm to play the song after selecting your team. I always use 4x. Cant play events without them any more only do a 1x experience when i am close to a level up and not enough tokens to do a 4x.

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
Even if you accentually hit it nothing is going to happen. Only when you confirm to play the song after selecting your team. I always use 4x. Cant play events without them any more only do a 1x experience when i am close to a level up and not enough tokens to do a 4x.

Lol, if I hit it on accident at the beginning I wont notice it at the end either. Happens a lot to me with the Easy songs, I freak out thinking my game bugged and then I see the note coming ever so S.L.O.W.L.Y

m0t0k1

Lol, if I hit it on accident at the beginning I wont notice it at the end either. Happens a lot to me with the Easy songs, I freak out thinking my game bugged and then I see the note coming ever so S.L.O.W.L.Y

Lol i notice it once i press the button. I always double check if i am playing the right song :D. It does happen that i pick the wrong team for the wrong song a lot that is why i go back to check what type it is very often.

Yui

LINE has pretty much been a good way for us to communicate though and talk about other things other than LL, in which we've been having fun with Danganronpa 2, Phoenix watching tons of Bad Anime, Mike offering him more Bad Anime, etc.

I feel like this thread always had a lot of offtopic stuff. And I think that's why it got so big in such a short time. But I guess that explains why it feels so different to me, if a lot of that stuff is going into the Line group now.
And I'm kinda sad now, since I'm also playing Danganronpa 2 and I didn't even know you guys were playing it too. But I guess there's nothing I can do about it.
Oh well, I will just look for new opportunities and places, I guess.

But thanks for clearing that up, since I didn't really know what you guys were doing in that group/chat.

Qurex

Neo Member

I'm still here. I don't use Line so I can't really comment on it.
Apart from the current events there's not really much stuff about Love Live to talk about at the moment... I'm sure the thread will pick up when more Love Live news/stuff comes out.

Perhaps we could talk about the soundtrack for the second season? After all it has been out for a while now, it even has the full version of Shocking Party by A-RISE. Anyone listen to that?

I'm sitting at about rank 13804 with 1.3k tokens... must do math

Want to save them for EX spam

1,300 tokens should be worth about 5000 - 6900 points. That's the range from barely passing the song (no combo, no rank) to getting both S combo and S rank. It's quite close to the points you get for playing on Hard.
Unless you can get an A/S combo and S rank on the song on Expert, you would actually get slightly more points (about 100-200) if you can S rank and S combo the song on Hard.
EX is more fun though.

Also do people feel the need that i need to update the events and timers in the op again? i guess everybody understand the schedules right now but since we have a lot of new people around i could start doing it so people learn the times.

I posted some timers for the current event in the past couple pages. I'll probably post them before the start and end of each event for every event as well.
I think it would be useful to have them in the OP if you need to check the times, rather than needing to search the most recent pages. Especially towards the end of events so you don't get the wrong time and end up wasting tokens. Some people take break as well occasionally, so I think that both new people and regulars will find it useful.
I found this page on the English wiki, it has info on the English version like the current event, what cards are available etc... I think it would be good to have this added to the OP.

Is 4x optional? I forgot to ask, I need to avoid the 4x so I better start using up my tickets if not.
It shows up as a different song that you have to choose. I think it has like a sign saying 4x on the album art as well

Hachitora

I'm not posting here a lot mostly because of school. Too busy to even play the game that much. And I also needed to stop obsessing over the thread and check it every few minutes. Maybe I'll get back to posting every few minutes :p

fek

I don't plan on using LINE too but I also avoid posting off topic stuff.
But Mimorin (Umi) is voicing Hiyoko in Danganronpa 2 so it's safe. I really like her work here.

m0t0k1

I feel like this thread always had a lot of offtopic stuff. And I think that's why it got so big in such a short time. But I guess that explains why it feels so different to me, if a lot of that stuff is going into the Line group now.
And I'm kinda sad now, since I'm also playing Danganronpa 2 and I didn't even know you guys were playing it too. But I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

But thanks for clearing that up, since I didn't really know what you guys were doing in that group/chat.

We post no spoilerssss. But it goes really offtopic. Even things that does not have anything to do with LL or games in general. Like a visit to the ikea or whats for dinner never seen that around here :lol I will spam this topic during kotori birthday with gifs so you can still enjoy that :D

I posted some timers for the current event in the past couple pages. I'll probably post them before the start and end of each event for every event as well.
I think it would be useful to have them in the OP if you need to check the times, rather than needing to search the most recent pages. Especially towards the end of events so you don't get the wrong time and end up wasting tokens. Some people take break as well occasionally, so I think that both new people and regulars will find it useful.
I found this page on the English wiki, it has info on the English version like the current event, what cards are available etc... I think it would be good to have this added to the OP.

Alright i will start doing it next event again. Hope that helps the new people. Get ready for new timer despair ;_;

tsuntsun_Hime

Neo Member
I don't plan on using LINE too but I also avoid posting off topic stuff.
But Mimorin (Umi) is voicing Hiyoko in Danganronpa 2 so it's safe. I really like her work here.

Hmm so its ok to comment on Fripside. :p

Alright i will start doing it next event again. Hope that helps the new people. Get ready for new timer despair ;_;

I look forward to the 10 + 1 SR despair after the event.

Himemiya

He's saving for Ex which gives you the best return on tokens.
Only if you S/S or S/A it! See the highlighted green areas

I know I can't but I am also saving up for EX, for the fun/challenge.

Perhaps we could talk about the soundtrack for the second season? After all it has been out for a while now, it even has the full version of Shocking Party by A-RISE. Anyone listen to that?

Nope. Happy Maker! Happy Maker is where it's at.

m0t0k1

Hmm so its ok to comment on Fripside. :p

I look forward to the 10 + 1 SR despair after the event.

When i just created this thread sometimes the end of events where off an hour according to my timer. So people woke up in the middle of the night only to see they still had an hour left. I felt bad i am sorry phoenix ;_;. After the wrong time we did the draws so it was double despair for some. It was heart breaking and funny at the same time.

Yaari

1,300 tokens should be worth about 5000 - 6900 points. That's the range from barely passing the song (no combo, no rank) to getting both S combo and S rank. It's quite close to the points you get for playing on Hard.
Unless you can get an A/S combo and S rank on the song on Expert, you would actually get slightly more points (about 100-200) if you can S rank and S combo the song on Hard.
EX is more fun though.

Still using your Leader alot! Constantly actually, really helping me out. Can you take a guess at how much Cool I'd need around to score S rank on Normal difficulty?

I should be able to do that if I had the Cool required, but the fact that I don't is pretty much keeping me from playing anything above Easy.

I'm trying to get this done quickly so that I can use my tickets most effectively, but I probably won't be making it.

I'm currently on 17.6k, without a Leader.

Himemiya

It had to do with the summer time. Japan did not calculate it but my clocks did. I get the time right now during the last events. It only went wrong on the first 2 events
at least i hope so lol

UTC will stay constant though regardless of time changes elsewhere...I think. Most EN events end 10am UTC, that's a good rule of thumb for anybody confused.

Mokoi

Banned

That's part of the reason for the slow down I guess. It's hardly LL talk at all, and very off-topic stuff. Like how I lose all mah skins on CS:GO, and get hungover at times. Although you really can't attribute Line to the slow down because their wasn't much LL stuff to talk about really, and interest in the game was going to get lost. I don't want to shit up the thread talking about the daily activities in my life or other stuff. Also I've been pretty damm busy so haven't got much time to play, and when I get free time I like to do other things. Although I'll gladly the shit the place up if nobody minds, and pleas don't go. How far have you made in dango rononon 2?

Yeah I've heard the full version, and I really like the song. Although do you know where I can find the second season ost? I haven't seen it listed anywhere.

---

Haha, came home to find my boxset arrived and monokuma sticker was included. Guess they knew LL causes despair.

m0t0k1

UTC will stay constant though regardless of time changes elsewhere...I think. Most EN events end 10am UTC, that's a good rule of thumb for anybody confused.

Yep i was using GMT+1 on the clock when checking online for the time. I learned my lesson. And you are right it usually ends 10am + an hour of maintenance for despair purposes :p

Hugstable

Banned
---

Haha, came home to find my boxset arrived and monokuma sticker was included. Guess they knew LL causes despair.

LOL Nico got monokuma'd!

Also it's funny how we talk about Dango Rango alot, but it's all so vague since we don't wanna reveal spoilers XD. I just got to the Chapter 3 victim right now, shit bout to be cray cray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom