• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I meant content wise, new cards, freebies, daily songs etc. Obviously the english version is still pretty new, so I'm not saying all the cards should already be available or anything just agreeing that the jp version is good to play if you're tired of waiting on an update.

As far as the Kotori event goes, I don't know what kind of hiccups they had with it, but I imagine it is maybe something unexpected or tricky to fix. Personally I am okay with waiting although an ETA would be nice.

How often do they roll out new Normals and whatnot?

holysan

Meh, will stick to the english version. Already killed enough time with this anyway and It’s not like I want new stuff all that much! Will wait, definitely.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dunno about normals, there seems to be so many, they could be adding them right now!

But because of the 3 million downloads, they're doing nine new Rares in both regular and premium boxes, and the big thing I was thinking of is how they give away free URs for logging in during very special promotions. I know they gave away a UR Kotori in December and sometime this summer will give away a UR Eli. They may not be as good as "real" URs (from the box, straight cash) but it's still awesome.

Honestly, I just have these points I want to burn on normal draws, so even if they add one or two a week, at least I'd feel justified in burning them.

Of course, I'd rather have a guaranteed SR event happen first...

JoeFu

Banned
Looooooool tried Start Dash on expert for fun. Uh yeah this will be awesome. Lasted like 10 seconds. Once the "I say " kicked in I got rekt

Ok having all these songs to choose from right off the bat is pretty cool. So these DL songs are just limited time songs you can play? Seems pretty cool. Hope the English version gets updated because I'd rather focus on that one.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have found the secret to the polls lol
You voted 400+ times for Nico!? Wow...

Also I note a lot of normals are still at the same score as they were when I last checked. I guess I really was the only one supporting the underdogs. :(

Edit: though I notice Christina had gotten into the top ten so I guess it isn't all bad. Though Kasane is better.

Yui

As far as the Kotori event goes, I don't know what kind of hiccups they had with it, but I imagine it is maybe something unexpected or tricky to fix.

If I had to guess I would say the problem isn't huge but a real error in the game.
I assume that the "English team" is just a localization team and they need the original games stuff to fix technical problems with the game. But the original team is already working on JP updates so it could take a while for problems to get fixed.

That's my guess at least. And that would be why there is no ETA.

How often do they roll out new Normals and whatnot?

One new normal per event and sometimes an extra one between events so I would say 2-4 per month, with only 1-2 being draw only.

They may not be as good as "real" URs (from the box, straight cash) but it's still awesome.

But to be honest they are more like nice to have collectibles. Because their skills are basically rare skills (or worse). And you would have to max them (lvl 100 which takes A LOT of cards) to even use them for their stats and they would still be worse than all the event SRs. So yeah you could probably use them if you are relatively new but as soon as you have played a couple of events they are kinda useless. :/

holysan

WHMkBqx.png

Oh well, could be worse, right? Meh.

tenton

Looooooool tried Start Dash on expert for fun. Uh yeah this will be awesome. Lasted like 10 seconds. Once the "I say " kicked in I got rekt

Ok having all these songs to choose from right off the bat is pretty cool. So these DL songs are just limited time songs you can play? Seems pretty cool. Hope the English version gets updated because I'd rather focus on that one.

And here I am, pissed that I blew my S combo on Start:Dash at the last moments. Was rolling easily until I passed over 400 combo, then it was like another person was playing; fumbled easy patterns repeatedly until the end. ;_;

If by "DL" songs, you mean the event songs, they may show up later as a regular song. The upcoming English event song for the Kotori event is a normal song now.

Jintor

My new list of things outside the game to complain about is my fingers shoving my phone around my desk too much. Need to hold it in place somehow...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My new list of things outside the game to complain about is my fingers shoving my phone around my desk too much. Need to hold it in place somehow...
Is it weird that I use my thumbs? lol
I would imagine playing on EX would be much easier if you could just use all your fingers and move around like a keyboard.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I may give in and use my 50 since I have no luck with getting rares with normal scouting. :(

I also want the new normals. Some look cooler than some of the muse members. #nolies

Yui

Oh well, could be worse, right? Meh.

At least you got a SR! You guys really need to appreciate those more, they are really rare.
I have been playing the JP version for 3 months now and I'm still waiting for my first lucky SR! Sure I got like 4 SRs in my draws but all of those are guaranteed SRs. So yeah basically I have yet to really draw a SR on my JP account.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I may give in and use my 50 since I have no luck with getting rares with normal scouting. :(

I also want the new normals. Some look cooler than some of the muse members. #nolies
I'm at like 70+ normals on the JP version. If they really are only adding 2-4 a month, it's going to take forever. lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Though I still don't get how Coco was popular enough for a second card set. She had like the worst stats of all. Rika better get another set.

Yes I realise this goes against what I said in the iM@S thread.

Rahk

Is it weird that I use my thumbs? lol
I would imagine playing on EX would be much easier if you could just use all your fingers and move around like a keyboard.
Not weird. All those years of playing DJMax Portable has trained my thumbs so I do just as well with those as my fingers. I tend to favour fingers if I have a table I can rest it on, but thumbs are fine otherwise.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
" I don't mind at all even if we're both girls. "

God damnit Japan!

Not weird. All those years of playing DJMax Portable has trained my thumbs so I do just as well with those as my fingers. I tend to favour fingers if I have a table I can rest it on, but thumbs are fine otherwise.
I thought thumbs was the normAl way...
When you see youtube/niconico videos, it's usually people playing with their fingers on ipads/tablets, almost like they're typing.
And yeah, I'm not sure if I played some kind of thumb based rhythm game previously, but I didn't really have any problems with it... it just seemed natural, for the most part.

I absolutely cannot use my thumbs lol. Insufficient dex
Meanwhile, I don't think my brain can handle using more than two fingers at a time. Oh well. lol

Suddenly.... luck! Even better since 3 of them are still not idolized.

Fun (SAD) fact, 40 rare draws until now and not a single Umi.
Holy hell...

MSMrRound

So a Nozomi episode eh?

To those who are watching the anime: what's the song that you guys are predicting that they are gonna use for the
final preliminaries
?

Rahk

When you see youtube/niconico videos, it's usually people playing with their fingers on ipads/tablets, almost like they're typing.
And yeah, I'm not sure if I played some kind of thumb based rhythm game previously, but I didn't really have any problems with it... it just seemed natural, for the most part.

Meanwhile, I don't think my brain can handle using more than two fingers at a time. Oh well. lol
Yeah, I'm sure when there are actual challenging songs I may start doing that, but two fingers/thumbs is enough for these songs.

If only you could interchange with your firendlist repeat cards...

I just need 1 normal card to get all the girls, im even playing on easy so I get more cards. And that doesn't even count I need a repeat of that to idolize her.

BTW I don't see in the OT the link to the page with the 27 american cards.

m0t0k1

If only you could interchange with your firendlist repeat cards...

I just need 1 normal card to get all the girls, im even playing on easy so I get more cards. And that doesn't even count I need a repeat of that to idolize her.

BTW I don't see in the OT the link to the page with the 27 american cards.

American cards? All the normal girls in the OP are in it those are the 27 N cards for the english version. don't know about the R's and stuff we already had some hints the OP getting to big so we removed some things to make it smaller. So i don't think i am going to add the 27 R cards. This are the total amount of cards

Normals 27
Rares 27
Super Rares 9
Ultra Rares 2
Total 65

American cards? All the normal girls in the OP are in it those are the 27 N cards for the english version. don't know about the R's and stuff we already had some hints the OP getting to big so we removed some things to make it smaller. So i don't think i am going to add the 27 R cards. This are the total amount of cards

I was talking about the page, I think it was done by Chariot, where there were all the 27 N, and the rest of the R cards available in america, with images of all of them.

Chariot

i get the stupid nun more than anyone
Stop crying about the nun :,(

Really need an update...................
Yeah... :(
Although I still have to reach Yui. All hard songs on SSS, go go.

I was talking about the page, I think it was done by Chariot, where there were all the 27 N, and the rest of the R cards available in america, with images of all of them.
Ah no, I just did the character pictures in the OP. But I will make an option into the overview that shows only the west cards.

JoeFu

Banned
And here I am, pissed that I blew my S combo on Start:Dash at the last moments. Was rolling easily until I passed over 400 combo, then it was like another person was playing; fumbled easy patterns repeatedly until the end. ;_;

If by "DL" songs, you mean the event songs, they may show up later as a regular song. The upcoming English event song for the Kotori event is a normal song now.

It's gonna take some time for me to get used to expert. Looks fun though.

And I had to download a song and it has Nico on the cover.

Yui

Nice, I'm slowly making my way to SSS on that one and Aishiteru Banzai. Did you focus only on 1,2 Jump?

Pretty much yeah, I got a couple of B clears on the other songs but 1,2 Jump was my main song. I will probably switch over to Aishiteru Banzai now. ^^

Btw I'am downloading the TW (taiwanese?) version right now, to check their status. I think this version released at the same time as the English one and they seem to have an event running. But I'm just curious and won't play a third version I promise... Q_Q

this card was added to the Honoka figure page on myfigurecollection, I wonder if it will come with the figure, (seems it was already bundled with one of the BDs).

Well I wouldn't mind if they put the same card in there, since I will be getting the figure and I didn't buy the BD so go go! :3

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
this card was added to the Honoka figure page on myfigurecollection, I wonder if it will come with the figure, (seems it was already bundled with one of the BDs).

I still demand a free Eli card for buying her exclusive figure in November :x

Still looking forward to the summer one though~

JoeFu

Banned
Haha looks like there's a Chinese, Taiwan, HK, and Korean version? You can have the game 6 times on your phone if you'd like to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom