• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenton

It's gonna take some time for me to get used to expert. Looks fun though.

And I had to download a song and it has Nico on the cover.

Ah, that song is a special song. It's one of the songs that came with the BDs in Japan; it'll rotate around for the daily songs for a little bit.

holysan

Qu8Xkz7.png

3TMoTpG.png

Want!

Chariot

Grandma Eli must have some really strong genes
Why? :D

Also: I am finished with fixing the poll. I think I have a solution now. It's not pretty, but I think you will hardly realize the change. It would nice if someone could test it and inform me about bugs, weird stuff happening or votes don't working even if they should.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Two quick observations.

If you were trying to stop people from just refreshing the page until they get the choice they want... you can still do that.

Also alpaca doesn't appear 100% of the time.

Chariot

Two quick observations.

If you were trying to stop people from just refreshing the page until they get the choice they want... you can still do that.

Also alpaca doesn't appear 100% of the time.
That wasn't the problem. There was something even more sinister.

The Alpaca.... this is bug that will probably never get fixed :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That wasn't the problem. There was something even more sinister.

The Alpaca.... this is bug that will probably never get fixed :D
Well then, I guess I'll just have to be oblivious to what the fault was. Well reading the changelog that it allowed for unlimited votes would explain the high numbers. Was surprised that some people would vote 400+ time for one card.

Well I guess I'll have to keep voting till I get the alpaca!

Reknoc

Finally s-rank combo'd a song on hard. It was just Bokuro whatever but still feels good since I'm garbage at rhythm games.

Chariot

Well then, I guess I'll just have to be oblivious to what the fault was. Well reading the changelog that it allowed for unlimited votes would explain the high numbers. Was surprised that some people would vote 400+ time for one card.

Well I guess I'll have to keep voting till I get the alpaca!
Onward! \o

>__> cause she's only 1/4 russian

btw the newest episode was good, made me like Nozomi a LITTLE bit more
That's like 1/4 hotter than regular. I mean, the russians have girls like Natalia Poklonskaya.

And thanks for reminding me of the new episode.

Rin is of Scandinavian decent and I'd say Honoka is of Scottish descent.
Oh! I didn't know that. Most interesting. Though it would be cooler if Honoka were some stereotypical irish man in the body of the japanese highschool girl.

Chariot

Just before you really start believing that, it was just a ginger joke.
Well its too late now. In my head Honoka is now of irish decent. She also get regulary drunk with her father and go into bar brawls when she is not with her friends. Her usual ADS personality comes from the huge amount of medicine that keeps her running after those nights.

And yes, irish. Aren't they more ginger than scots?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well its too late now. In my head Honoka is now of irish decent. She also get regulary drunk with her father and go into bar brawls when she is not with her friends. Her usual ADS personality comes from the huge amount of medicine that keeps her running after those nights.

And yes, irish. Aren't they more ginger than scots?
Well I assume you are familiar with scottish stereotypes like Groundkeep Willie, Fat Bastard and Brave which are all depicted as ginger.

Chariot

tch like you have to ask with all the Maki-bias ITT
What Maki-bias? You're paranoid.

New Episode
Was very enjoyable,
I loved how they showed the differences and distinct personalities in different situations. Dating Nico was actually pretty cute and romance movie Umi was funny. But best of all was the flashback where Nozomi struggled to make contact. Was nice to see the path they went.
And of course Nozomis past. Tiny Nozomi was adorable, how could nobody tried to make contact? :( http://i.minus.com/jUSjeJCWkUYFw.png
Well I assume you are familiar with scottish stereotypes like Groundkeep Willie, Fat Bastard and Brave which are all depicted as ginger.
Well, at least Willie.
Wiki says you're right, but I am just behind. Scotland and Ireland have the highest population proportion of redheads, 13% and 10%.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
GOD DAMN, I passed that horrid part on Mermaid festa and totally flubbed it on simple stuff a few seconds later.

Negator

I only have about 6 rare cards, and almost 2000 friend points, and there are about 3 N students I haven't idolized yet. Is it worth spending those points now, or waiting for an update?

m0t0k1

GOD DAMN, I passed that horrid part on Mermaid festa and totally flubbed it on simple stuff a few seconds later.

Game loves to be that way. Do everything perfect in a song on decides to drop the last hold note that took ages. my face then really looks like umi.

mikiumiyikwa.jpg

edit yeah the face looks so funny i am thinking about sticking them on my avatar :p what also is funny is that the hand is getting a whole new meaning if you look at the original afu yawn :D
13989367992357ujia.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I only have about 6 rare cards, and almost 2000 friend points, and there are about 3 N students I haven't idolized yet. Is it worth spending those points now, or waiting for an update?
It also depends if you're interested in trying to S all the hard songs available. If you haven't done it already, that's 10k points.

Yui

Some being one if you ask me, but I know that I'am the only one in here saying that there is no point in saving up useless FP this early.

Chariot

Some being one if you ask me, but I know that I'am the only one in here saying that there is no point in saving up useless FP this early.
Whats the point to dash them out so early? I mean, sure, to get the last three, he could invest a bit. But why not saving up for bad times?

Yui

Saving up for what? Waiting 3 Months so his chances on new Ns are slightly higher? What is the point, he will get them anyway someday (srsly there is no need to get new Ns on day one). And like I already said you guys act like FP are rare or like you will never get new songs, or like you have completed all the existing ones.

And the point to spend them now is to get Rs and easily leveling up your teams for the upcoming event. I can already see poeple crying over low scores while sitting on 10.000 FP. ^^

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Saving up for what? Waiting 3 Months so his chances on new Ns are slightly higher? What is the point, he will get them anyway someday (srsly there is no need to get new Ns on day one). And like I already said you guys act like FP are rare or like you will never get new songs, or like you have completed all the existing ones.

And the point to spend them now is to get Rs and easily leveling up your teams for the upcoming event. I can already see poeple crying over low scores while sitting on 10.000 FP. ^^
The thing is that there's no way to get new Friend Points now if you've done everything except log in bonuses, playing songs on Normal/Easy, or the 5/10 you get from friends. I've already started going for the 40 play bonuses, but once that's up, you're basically dry for a while.
I already hit the same wall in the JP version, but at least the event gives you some friend points for getting more points.

Got probably more than 10 R's through FP already.
Well, you might as well just start spending money on Honor Roll spins, because that one dude got two UR and one SR cards. :p

Chariot

well enjoy your nuns while I get tons of Jennifers post update
in five months
Breaking News: Jennifer coupled with the release of The Last Guardian.
sorry.

edit:
I still haven't figure out, how I should handle the local time thing, but I made an alternative. calcmk2 counts the minutes in the title down and it and GMT+1 have the option what sound should wake you up, when its time. Hope they are to your liking ;D
Just click on Submit, with 0-0 to hear the sounds immediately.

Yui

I've already started going for the 40 play bonuses, but once that's up, you're basically dry for a while.

Sure you run dry, so what? You will get more FP with every update and you only need FP if new updates hit. So what is the point of sitting on 8.000 FP and doing nothing with them?
You will spend them anyway someday and you might get 2 new Ns more than people who didn't save but you still cant do anything with these new Ns. You might be lucky and get the same one twice, you idolize it and max the bond. Well, you got one more Love Gem before the other people (these people will still get the gem, just a little later). You missed out on many chances for a rare and your score in these last 2-3 events might have sucked more than it had to, but you got the Love Gem early. (Was it worth it?)

Srsly I dont see the point unless you want to spend money. If you intend to do so of course you would safe FP like Safs, I totally get that but if you still got teams filled with Ns and at least 50 Love Gems waiting for the guaranteed SR, why would you sit on FP? For what, since single Love Gems dont get you anything either and you will only get a Love Gem from new Ns.

Like I said, go ahead and safe your points but people probably shouldn't complain about point walls and what not if they dont want to spend any points. I can unterstand not spending your Love Gems until the guaranteed SR draws hit but if you refuse to spend anything at all, then the low scores, Bs, etc are on you. (If you can S rank every song on hard sure you dont need those free rares but I highly doubt that this is the case.)

I guess you are probably just a little bit stingy about every point thing you get in f2p games (min/max and stuff) I get that, but you act like there is some sort of punishment, or like you will be missing out on something if you don't have FP the moment a new update hits. But there is no such thing , new Ns will be there forever but events won't.

Edit: I missed my LP timer while I was writing this... so cruel. Q_Q

Eli is much happier in the game than in the anime. She is being the ice queen right now as for episode 8.
Yeah, i know, she was a russian dancer and loves very much her grandmother, that doesnt make her less bad for treating people like shit.

The drop rate of any normals outside of like the first 6 are much lower. You'll need to spend friend points and hope to draw them.

Yeah, I know. The problem comes when im also finding repats of hard to get normals but not the ones that I want lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom