• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sure you run dry, so what? You will get more FP with every update and you only need FP if new updates hit. So what is the point of sitting on 8.000 FP and doing nothing with them?
You will spend them anyway someday and you might get 2 new Ns more than people who didn't save but you still cant do anything with these new Ns. You might be lucky and get the same one twice, you idolize it and max the bond. Well, you got one more Love Gem before the other people (these people will still get the gem, just a little later). You missed out on many chances for a rare and your score in these last 2-3 events might have sucked, but you got the Love Gem early. (Was it worth it?)

Srsly I dont see the point unless you want to spend money. If you intend to do so of course you would safe FP like Safs, I totally get that but if you still got teams filled with Ns and at least 50 Love Gems waiting for the guaranteed SR, why would you sit on FP? For what, since single Love Gems dont get you anything either and you will only get a Love Gem from new Ns.

Like I said, go ahead and safe your points but people probably shouldn't complain about point walls and what not if they dont want to spend any points. I can unterstand not spending your Love Gems until the guaranteed SR draws hit but if you refuse to spend anything at all, then the low scores, Bs, etc are on you. (If you can S rank every song on hard sure you dont need those free rares but I highly doubt that this is the case.)

I guess you are probably just a little bit stingy about every point thing you get in f2p games (min/max and stuff) I get that, but you act like there is some sort of punishment, or like you will be missing out on something if you don't have FP the moment a new update hits. But there is no such thing , new Ns will be there forever but events won't.

Edit: I missed my LP timer while I was writing this... so cruel. Q_Q

I think the thing is that you're not guaranteed anything either way though.

Like, in the JP version, I basically spent over 25k (probably 30k) friend points and got 17 rares. This is my "best" team:
BHqL39nl.png

I am still borderline on B with it, so I've just come to accept that it's impossible to have three good teams going at the same time without spending cash or getting really lucky with the draws and getting an UR of each colour.

The thing is, the free draws aren't going to give you enough Rares to field a good team anyway, unless you somehow get not only 9 rares of each colour, but then a further 9 rares again to idolize them. If you just accept that, as a free player, you are at the bottom, then saving the friend points for something new isn't a terrible proposition.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Spent all my FP since I really needed some pure cards and got 2 Nozomi, 1 Honoka, 1 Kotori, ,1 Rin, and 1 Nico. None of them were pure and I still don't have even 1 Umi card OTL

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Spent all my FP since I really needed some pure cards and got 2 Nozomi, 1 Honoka, 1 Kotori, ,1 Rin, and 1 Nico. None of them were pure and I still don't have even 1 Umi card OTL
I feel like the free draws seem biased toward smile rares. I'm sure that's all in my head, but both my JP and US accounts tilted that way.

Ronok

Uq27dIO.png

...Not bad.. I'm having some pretty good luck today. ^^

It's good to know I can get rid of maxed cards. I think I'll try to filter them out now. All the maxed level/maxed bonds can go, unless they are rare. lol

Btw, when it comes to creating a team is it always best to go for the highest stats, or are some abilities worth dropping your stats a little for? I think for the most part that's not the case, but I saw one that creates a little yellow ! by all your idols portraits and I don't know what it does. v.v I know the red variation makes all notes perfects in that time, but not this.

Solune

Wow this whole time I thought the triple part in Mermaid Festa were simultaneous presses which is what fucked me up. Makes so much sense now.

Yui

Like, in the JP version, I basically spent over 25k (probably 30k) friend points and got 17 rares. This is my "best" team:
BHqL39nl.png

Borderline B with this team max leveled? On what songs? I mean you cant expect to be able to clear most hard stuff after 2 weeks of playing a game that is out for over a year.

Chariot

I think the thing is that you're not guaranteed anything either way though.

BHqL39nl.png

I am still borderline on B with it, so I've just come to accept that it's impossible to have three good teams going at the same time without spending cash or getting really lucky with the draws and getting an UR of each colour.

The thing is, the free draws aren't going to give you enough Rares to field a good team anyway, unless you somehow get not only 9 rares of each colour, but then a further 9 rares again to idolize them. If you just accept that, as a free player, you are at the bottom, then saving the friend points for something new isn't a terrible proposition.
You still have a N in your team? I had all my teams on R+ after my very first 10x Loveca draw. Usually Rs or SR are stronger than Ns even with just their secondary thing.

Kincaido

My Pure team is actually my strongest in JP version. SR Umi and UR Hanayo are helping with that though.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Borderline B with this team max leveled? On what songs? I mean you cant expect to be able to clear most hard stuff after 2 weeks of playing a game that is out for over a year.
I got an A on 1, 2, 3 Jump with an assist from an UR random friend.
On the other Hard songs that I have unlocked, I get mid/high B. I've full comboed Love and Peace and Aishiteru Bonzai many times and have only gotten close with a UR assist.

Now, I understand that I still suck because I don't get all Perfects, so that's partly on me, but I don't know if getting Greats is what is holding me back or if its the team. On that team, most of the Rares are at level 40, except the Honoka because I hope to idolize her once I get new Rares to fill out the team.

It does seem that way, my Smile teams in both versions are my best

Smile > Cool > Pure
Same with me on both versions. Although on the JP version my Pure and Cool teams are more even.

My Pure team is actually my strongest in JP version. SR Umi and UR Hanayo are helping with that though.
I should have done the pull before the event. It was guaranteed SR until the 20th. :(

You still have a N in your team? I had all my teams on R+ after my very first 10x Loveca draw. Usually Rs or SR are stronger than Ns even with just their secondary thing.
I missed the guaranteed draw, so I'm waiting for the one after this event.

Like I said though, I'm only illustrating what I got from strictly free draws. It's not like you can get a god team if you spend all your FP. You still need to do a paid draw eventually.

Kumubou

I feel like the free draws seem biased toward smile rares. I'm sure that's all in my head, but both my JP and US accounts tilted that way.
I don't think that's just you, if you take a look at the rares you get from the normal box (the game will tell you by tapping on the info box on the left of the Scout page) they're biased toward Smile-type cards.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't think that's just you, if you take a look at the rares you get from the normal box (the game will tell you by tapping on the info box on the left of the Scout page) they're biased toward Smile-type cards.
Huh. I'm not sure how I feel about that to be honest. It makes sense from their point of view, because eventually they want to push you to spend money anyway.

My Pure team (eng) is mostly N cards ;__;
In the US, I have 7 Smile, 5 Cool, 3 Pure from free draws. I just hope to place in this event, or I might just pull the trigger on the draw. :(

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES Im so happy right now. Did a normal 10 scout draw and got at last fucking Kasane, the last girl of the Ns I needed.
Now I have to find another card of her :(

Wow, she has really good Smile stats on non idolized level 1.

My Pure team (eng) is mostly N cards ;__;

My Pure team is ALL N cards

Yui

I got an A on 1, 2, 3 Jump with an assist from an UR random friend.
On the other Hard songs that I have unlocked, I get mid/high B. I've full comboed Love and Peace and Aishiteru Bonzai many times and have only gotten close with a UR assist.

You say that you came close and none of these are idolized. So you could get the S-Rank if you got 1-2 more rares (if they are the right ones of course). And in that case It would be considered useful to use your fp to get this chance right?

That's basically all I'am saying. You cant score higher if you don't invest something/more.
If you just want to accept that you cant do anything sure, there is nothing anyone can do about that. I was just giving some "advice" I guess.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
My Smile team is my worst because my R's idolized, so I only have 2 of them.
Pure is my best since none of them are idolized.

Played that mermaid song 40 times now...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You say that you came close and none of these are idolized. So you could get the S-Rank if you got 1-2 more rares (if they are the right ones of course). And in that case It would be considered useful to use your fp to get this chance right?

That's basically all I'am saying. You cant score higher if you don't invest something/more.
Oh, of course. I haven't saved any FP in the JP version - in fact, my deck is full to the point where I need to start killing off my Normals (probably going to get rid of the first 27). But I just wanted to point out that spending all your FP isn't a guarantee either way - if you can get a C or even a B on skill alone, that's probably where you are going to be for a while until you slowly fill out the deck through free or paid means.

But sure, I'm not saying don't spend any points. I'm just saying that if you want to save points, unless you manage to get 10 rares from a single 10 card FP draw, you're not going to suddenly raise your team to the next level either so don't feel too bad about it.

My Smile team is my worst because my R's idolized, so I only have 2 of them.
Pure is my best since none of them are idolized.

Played that mermaid song 40 times now...
I made the mistake of idolizing one because I was so excited to get a duplicate. If only I had known. lol

Ronok

ACqR7YH.png

This is my best team at the moment. How would I do on the event song hard mode? :-/ I'm tempted to try it out, but honestly, watching the youtube video of it, it looks pretty challenging regardless. lol

Kincaido

My three JP teams atm

Not bad for two weeks and not paying. (Actually played for like a day or two back in January, so I got like 60 loveca from various things when I came back to it)

Jintor

Fuck. I've got the beat pattern down for Aishiteru Banzai (incredibly relaxing song) but I keep fucking up the execution. Damnit!

Yui

My three JP teams atm

Not bad for two weeks and not paying. (Actually played for like a day or two back in January, so I got like 60 loveca from various things when I came back to it)

Instant UR.... I just hate my non-existing luck...
But congrats, that's not bad at all. ^^

Kincaido

Instant UR.... I just hate my non-existing luck...
But congrats, that's not bad at all. ^^

Thanks! It was my first draw too, so I was really surprised. I usually never have much luck with these things.

Decided to say fuck it and use my Loveca gems to get 4 characters. I got Cool Honoka, Pure Nico, and another Cool Hanako. I was hoping for any Eli I could get so I can idolize *any* of her, but I was losing hope. My last pull?

OK LOVE LIVE YA GOT ME

Mokoi

Banned
Fuck. I've got the beat pattern down for Aishiteru Banzai (incredibly relaxing song) but I keep fucking up the execution. Damnit!

Same here I always mess up one note. Also what does everybody have their timing set for? I keep switching between -1 or +5

Yui

There are always 2 URs per theme while the others are "just" SRs.
(at least that's how they handle it since last summer/fall)

The Waitress/April theme had Eli and Umi as the URs.

Yui

Jeah especially since there is always a higher chance to get the new cards during the guaranteed SR draws. But I guess we could use some URs so do it KLab!

Kincaido

Nice, here are mine, though I suppose my cards from codes would count as money spent, but I would've bought the CDs anyway so idk

I use the Rin card as center on my Smile team because her leader skill is better then UR Eli or at least I think it is

Yay screenshots!

My JP Teams.

I'm so jelly Safs, dat Eli UR!

Srsly what is going on?! Congrats! ^^

Very nice teams! I am especially jealous of your UR safs

Noxie

Neo Member
*randomly jumps in after lurking forever*

I feel like I've been pretty lucky with my pures since it's my best team at the moment. I have 6 pure rares, and one if them is idolized (Kotori). While I have 3 cool rares, an idolized Nozomi and Hanayo, and an extra Hanayo. With smiles I have four of them and none are idolized. The end result being my pures are my best, my smiles are okay and my cools are kind of meh. I probably should have saved the extras to fill out my group, but I really wanted the idolized forms for some reason, haha. My pure team could still be better but it can easily get B ranks at least!

I still don't have a single Eli card, but I have at least one for everyone else. Nozomi I not only have 1 of each type, two of them are idolized. She is following me. :<

I have full combos on all the hard songs and just trying to finish up the normals I never did after playing them once. I hope the event comes soon since I really want to see how it works first hand, but I don't think I can balance this and the Japanese version as well!

Ronok

So I just realised something. You level your skill levels by feeding an idol with the same skill/skill level to another idol... Does this mean that once you max the level of an idol you can no longer level up their skills? o.o

Noxie

Neo Member
Yeah, I'm not to worried I just think it's kind of funny pure is my best when it's the opposite for others, haha. I hope this translates into doing decently in the event as I want that SR card!

Yui

I don't think I can balance this and the Japanese version as well!

It will be pretty rough, especially if both accounts are relatively new but you can probably do it if you really enjoy playing the game (and have a lot of time while we are at it). ^^

Does this mean that once you max the level of an idol you can no longer level up their skills? o.o

You can still do normal practice with maxed cards. So no worries, you can level up your skills on your max leveled cards.

Edit: so late

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Man, so close to top 25k and then just dropped to 26k. I fear the p2w'ers are coming on soon. lol

But at least my fears about not getting the SR are going to be unfounded, unless I break my hand or something.

The wiki hasn't update, does anyone know what skill the SR Honoka has? Is she any good, or is she like one of those free SRs?

tenton

Man, so close to top 25k and then just dropped to 26k. I fear the p2w'ers are coming on soon. lol

But at least my fears about not getting the SR are going to be unfounded, unless I break my hand or something.

The wiki hasn't update, does anyone know what skill the SR Honoka has? Is she any good, or is she like one of those free SRs?

You're going to need at least 20,000 event points or so to place in the top 25,000th place for the JP event. Well, they did expand it out a little, so it could be possible that the score requirements could drop a little bit. But in the past, you've needed 22k-23k points. Then it went berserk and they didn't raise the cap much and you needed ~37k for Kotori. But I'd say 20,000 pts. is the target amount if you want the 2nd SR card (i.e. place in the top 25k). It gets stupid crazy at the end as everyone rushes to cash in their tokens.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You're going to need at least 20,000 event points or so to place in the top 25,000th place for the JP event. Well, they did expand it out a little, so it could be possible that the score requirements could drop a little bit. But in the past, you've needed 22k-23k points. Then it went berserk and they didn't raise the cap much and you needed ~37k for Kotori. But I'd say 20,000 pts. is the target amount if you want the 2nd SR card (i.e. place in the top 25k). It gets stupid crazy at the end as everyone rushes to cash in their tokens.
Ah, so this is just the calm before the storm before everyone rushes in?
I actually broke the top 25k, so I was hopeful for a second. lol
But hey, one SR and one ticket would be good enough for me I guess...

(Well, and hopefully my song ranking at 310k is enough...)

Kazzy

I've been in denial about this game, ever since downloading it a couple of days ago. Now I'm grinding songs to get to level 20...

Anyway, I don't think I entirely understand all the mechanics, or at least the nuances. Getting high-rank on songs can't be done on skill alone, right? I've got through songs perfectly, and sometimes only barely managed a 'C'. I assume most of it is to do with the type of idols you use, along with their levels?

Also, it looks as though (at least skirting through this last page) idolizing isn't necessarily a good thing? If so, why?

Fun game, though I think I'm quickly approaching the point where the non-paid limits are becoming apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom