• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

froliq

The thing is, I did my calculation with a very plausible otucome in normal (A - A), and the worst otucome in hard (C - C), and hard was still the much better option.
That is, maybe hard is that hard, so thats not taken into consideration. Im really scaredd of trying the song in hard even once for that matter. Or maybe is not so bad for my current level of playing (full comboed all the hard songs in the english version already).

Not sure I follow, but A/A in normal gives 133 points (4.43 per token) and a C/C on hard gives 186 (4.13 per token) as seen on the chart. http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

Normal is more efficient most of the time if you can do A or B score ranks and not get higher than C in hard.

Just looked at the rankings and there's already someone with 11k.

Who knows how many lovegems he had to use to reach this score...

Damn, now I'm sweating bullets when I play the event song. This crash was a traumatizing experience!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Meh, did single pulls because why not and got Nico

s4b5qQo.jpg

Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I'll take it! Should've stopped there though lol

Not sure I follow, but A/A in normal gives 133 points (4.43 per token) and a C/C on hard gives 186 (4.13 per token) as seen on the chart. http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

Normal is more efficient most of the time if you can do A or B score ranks and not get higher than C in hard.

Just looked at the rankings and there's already someone with 11k.

No its not, if you can get C/C in hard and A/A or B/A in normal, you will get more tokens at the end of the event if you play always in hard.
The only way to get better in normal is if you do always S/S, and im pretty sure my team of 23000 can only do up to A. And what if you fail only one note because of some problem (tired eyes, fingers, etc...) in normal? bye bye S/S.
The only problem in all this, is im scared of hard being to hard that you fail the song. Ive seen some videos, and it seems doable, but at the same, harder than any of the 15LP songs already in the game, thats why im not biting the bullet yet.

EDIT
Did the calculations again and it seems you are right. Normal it is.
Dont know what I did before that I was getting better results on hard. Thats why im horrible at maths lol

Jintor

orz failed happy holiday on hard

45 macaroons down the drain for no event reward... fml...

time to practice on youtube vids

Only did happy holiday twice and can beat it but those weird double presses keep messing me up. Both attempts I had like a couple of misses/bads

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've been running the maths for mine and it seems that S/S normal is the way to go... Which is a shame because it's pretty boring. You'd need to pretty consistently get great hard scores and it seems my 25kish team just won't be up for it.

Edit: For reference my fuzzy math needs about A rank / B combo minimum to be equivalent to normal S/S. Hard S rank / C combo would be enough if you have the cards but I guess you'd need about 30k or so to reach that. Still that's only just about the same as S/S normal so it hard seems like a lost cause to me. Very fuzzy maths though. Feel free to show me what I missed out.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm getting As with a 28k team. The song feels like a cakewalk after some of the horrors I've faced on the JP version

Placement Chart for the song is.

Put the units with the highest pure rating in the positions with the highest numbers. The only exception would be middle (the 24.75) since you want a unit with your best Pure Increase skill there.

So is this placement still similar to normal for Sweet Holiday, or only for hard (i know number will be smaller).

I'm getting As with a 28k team. The song feels like a cakewalk after some of the horrors I've faced on the JP version
On hard or normal?
Becuase I have a 23k team and if thats on normal im fucked.

froliq

Did the calculations again and it seems you are right. Normal it is.
Dont know what I did before that I was getting better results on hard. Thats why im horrible at maths lol

If you can keep up the 18 songs a day you mentioned earlier then there's no need to worry at all. You'll easily get the SR Kotori even with occasional lower outcome

Kumubou

If you can keep up the 18 songs a day you mentioned earlier then there's no need to worry at all. You'll easily get the SR Kotori even with occasional lower outcome
Is that even possible to do without using loveca to recharge? It takes 90 minutes to recharge 15LP normally, which takes 27 hours to get enough for 18 songs (and that's assuming you aren't losing any). Granted, level ups will let you shave chunks of time off, but at the levels I'm assuming most people are at they're not going to get them frequently enough.

Is it worth completing the event song in the 3 difficulty modes (for bonus event points maybe)? Or is it a waste of macaroons?
I suspect it's a waste, but it's a very small one as you do get a chunk of FP and gold out of it (assuming you can S/S both difficulties in one play each). I did it because I'm OCD enough to not be happy with my profile reading 10/10/11 songs.

Got an S/A on Sweet Holiday Normal.

The rhythm of some notes is pretty shitty. Also who the fuck thought it was fun after a long holding note do two very fast ones in the same part of the screen of the finger you did the hold note, but just at the end.

EDIT Sweet Holiday also levels you up! Thats good to know!

probably, technically a waste.
but I like playing hard more and am determined to conquer it!
I got 500 FP for clearing song on all modes.
I suspect it's a waste, but it's a very small one as you do get a chunk of FP and gold out of it (assuming you can S/S both difficulties in one play each). I did it because I'm OCD enough to not be happy with my profile reading 10/10/11 songs.
Heee, it doesn't seem worth it. I'll stick to Normal for now, unless I reach 11000 points before the end of the event.
In the meantime, I'll try to keep my OCD in check. :p

I completed the song once in Hard though. That way, I may rank in the Event Song Ranking and get 1 or 2 lovegems.

froliq

Is that even possible to do without using loveca to recharge? It takes 90 minutes to recharge 15LP normally, which takes 27 hours to get enough for 18 songs (and that's assuming you aren't losing any). Granted, level ups will let you shave chunks of time off, but at the levels I'm assuming most people are at they're not going to get them frequently enough.

Guess not then! 12 songs a day should be realistic enough and more humanly possible. Add in 2-3 rank ups and I think you can just make it. You do still have to play a lot to make it without spending any loveca. I'd say just use a few stones near the end if you're close, since it's still a SR you can get and the chances for a normal pull are pretty low for that.

m0t0k1

Man just did a draw but just one SR because it was guarenteed another Eli. Kind of disapointed after seeing everybody get more awesome cards.

Last night was fun we should do a Gaf montly draw for people who have enough stones.

Hugstable

Banned
I only did it in JPN version because of guarenteed SR i am still hogging all of my english version gems.

You know this will happen to everybody but you :p Only despair awaits us!!

That image! Omg I'm dying haha. I have a feeling this is gonna be me soon, I finally almost got enough to do the 11 Honor Student pull. Knowing my luck this is gonna turn out horrible.

MSMrRound

Sitting on 1480 points for now. Not too shabby considering that I didn't refill my LP or anything. Going to be more difficult I have to head back for work on Monday. All the best in getting that Kotori card guys.

Chariot

I made an irc-channel on rizon called #IdolDespair, if anyone wants to join. I mean - #AnimeGAF is msot of the time conquered by idols (and rubbing), but it could maybe be interesting to have an extra channel.

m0t0k1

Lol I love your comics Mot0k, especially the new panel with Kotori and her URs

either that or you made a deal with him

Yeah it had some nice suggestions by owl and fire to add in the box and the UR's. Its even better if you watched episode 7 of season 2. Thinking about posting that comic on pixiv but i am afraid of copyright infringments from lantis :p

ARRRGGGG!!!! I haven't bothered to tether my tablet to my phone in a long time, but when I try now it turns out that KitKat broke WiFi tethering. I can't get online on my tablet to spend my FP. Maybe I can park outside a Starbucks on my lunch break or something.

Some of you are hard core, waking up to maximize LP. I prefer my beauty sleep. :p

Welcome my friend :D
http://abload.de/img/bordofdispairpwu64.jpg[IMG]
[/QUOTE]

I'm feeling the despair. I managed to survive the night but seeing Aytrial's draws, the temptation is that much stronger.

[quote="Aytrial, post: 114158857"][SPOILER]It was my happiness for the rest of Love Live GAF's eternal despair.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/XS9DBVX.gif

Kumubou

This game is mega srs bsns, holy crap!
and holy crap, why is that picture so small...!
Blame Twitter and some of the silly changes they made to image handling recently. I actually didn't notice this when posting on NeoGAF because I have most of my web pages set to 150% zoom, derp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom