• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevadatan

sooo this is one of those idol games.
but in english?? wow, while im not the biggest fan of these games is nice to see some love from the western audience.

(who i am kidding, this is going straight into my iphone)

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone really good with photoshop? Was really wanting to edit my avatar to have the Alpaca there instead of the Character Huggy Bear, and replace the text "bear" with Alpaca., so it would be Huggy Alpaca. I don't have photoshop and I'm pretty bad when it comes to editing photos and such. Murf gave me the idea in the chat and really wanted to change my avatar to fit with the game for now. Wanted Maki originally but everyone already has all the good ones, and I haven't really seen much Alpaca Avatars, so if anyone is able to edit one for me that would be amazing :D.

There is an Idol meta game? I thought I escaped this nonsense when I abandoned dota.

pKCyqoI.jpg

I've yet to be avatar quoted. This is so much better.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
But what about normal :(
You really don't need all that information. Use the wiki to see what your best return on tokens/macarons are, then just play at that level as often as you can. The only thing that the advanced math gets into is experience per play, which will be lower on Normal (1.02 exp per token on Hard exp, 0.86 per token on Normal), so you will level up slightly slower.

At that point, you have to decide what is better for you - to get more points per token (4.6 on normal if you can SS a song) or to get more experience per song. I would say that if you're like 40~ points to the next level and refilling your LP, you might as well play on Hard even if you can't do well, but otherwise I would just pass.

The only other thing to consider is that you will get the second normal if you rank in the song at the end of the event, and the only way to do it is to play on Hard or presumably Expert when that comes along.

inthemyst

Neo Member
lol you guys are so hardcore with all the math. I love it.

I tried 3 solo draws this morning and ended up with 3 Rs. Lame :(

And wait until you guys play the expert songs. It'll make hard seem like it's molasses.

You really don't need all that information. Use the wiki to see what your best return on tokens/macarons are, then just play at that level as often as you can. The only thing that the advanced math gets into is experience per play, which will be lower on Normal (1.02 exp per token on Hard exp, 0.86 per token on Normal), so you will level up slightly slower.

At that point, you have to decide what is better for you - to get more points per token (4.6 on normal if you can SS a song) or to get more experience per song. I would say that if you're like 40~ points to the next level and refilling your LP, you might as well play on Hard even if you can't do well, but otherwise I would just pass.

The only other thing to consider is that you will get the second normal if you rank in the song at the end of the event, and the only way to do it is to play on Hard or presumably Expert when that comes along.

Yeah, I was doing the maths before for normal and thought i was going to be ok, but seeing that chart made me afraid again lol
Ive done 11 15LP songs already.
I dont know if its a good idea to play Sweet Holiday every change I get, or just wait for the final days and use all the macarons for one long playthough.

10 regular scout got me another rare nico which I already had idolized. Tried feeding it to my idol nico and it leveled up her skill.

Was wondering how to level up the skills, now I know lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I was doing the maths before for normal and thought i was going to be ok, but seeing that chart made me afraid again lol
Ive done 11 15LP songs already.
I dont know if its a good idea to play Sweet Holiday every change I get, or just wait for the final days and use all the macarons for one long playthough.
There's not difference when you play them, outside of not getting the rewards sooner. There are people who probably already have the event card now, which will only make their scores better throughout the event.

Aytrial

There's not difference when you play them, outside of not getting the rewards sooner. There are people who probably already have the event card now, which will only make their scores better throughout the event.

The leaderboards have people flaunting their card off. :p

tenton

lol you guys are so hardcore with all the math. I love it.

I tried 3 solo draws this morning and ended up with 3 Rs. Lame :(

And wait until you guys play the expert songs. It'll make hard seem like it's molasses.

EX sweet&sweet holiday is actually really fun. Well, I like it better than the hard version. But that's a while off for the EN version, probably.

klez

Game crashed when I was finishing the event song, with enough exp to lvl up....so I lose both the exp, event points, and LP refill....I hate you game.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Game crashed when I was finishing the event song, with enough exp to lvl up....so I lose both the exp, event points, and LP refill....I hate you game.
Yesterday I lose 15 LP because the game crashed right after starting the song. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Maybe if I'm lucky I can just squeeze past 1000 points today. Going to stick to normal as I barely scrape past an A rank in points on that so I'm not going to benefit much from hard.

I really hate the note distribution in Sweet Holiday in Normal. Easy, with some stupid placements and boring as sin.
I just got full combo on my third try, but it still sucks major balls.

Paprikka

You actually get a lizard girl all the way through rank 20,000 in the song ranking, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get a second one if you play it on normal with a half decent pure team.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You actually get a lizard girl all the way through rank 20,000 in the song ranking, so it shouldn't be too difficult to get a second one if you play it on normal with a half decent pure team.
I guess it depends on the player base. In the JP event, playing on Normal meant you wouldn't even place.

I really hate the note distribution in Sweet Holiday in Normal. Easy, with some stupid placements and boring as sin.
I just got full combo on my third try, but it still sucks major balls.
This is why I can't do Normal, even if it is more efficient. lol

chrono01

I would rage if my game crashed during a 15LP song, especially during an event like this. :/

BTW, I was thinking this morning, they're really missing out on a lot of money by not having a 10+1 SR event right now. So many more people, like myself, would use their current Loveca Stones [to gain a better team for the event] and, more than likely, purchase more afterwards for that guaranteed +1 SR. I know some people, such as those in this thread, are using their free/gathered Loveca Stones now, but I doubt people are using their actual money to purchase more to scout. If a guaranteed SR event was happening, though, the temptation would be even greater...

Puzzle & Dragons, quite regularly [around twice a month] have these "Godfest" events where specific drops are increased. This encourages people to spend their Magic Stones which, in-turn, tempts them to purchase more, which means more money for the developer.

it's just kind of odd to see how all regions of the game have already had a +1 SR event, but not the English one.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Maybe they are just testing waters for their first event and how people will react to buying stones to compete.
Setting a precedent for guaranteed SR would be bad too.

Just tried Sweet Holiday in hard.

You know what, it wasnt so bad. Its pretty difficult, and I couldnt get the rank for combo, but nearly got a B score overall. My smile rin has a healing skill (i thought it was only a pure skill so its strange), so my life wasnt threatened.

EDIT
Tried again, just got a B combo and a B rank!
Thats 200 points!

Just maximized Cool Honoka.
She was talking about best place to go on a date was a theme park, and it was her dream to do it.

Ok Honoka, as a theme park love myself, you've just gained lots of points for being best girl.

Also between this and Nico using the term master when talking about you I think the gender is supposed to be amibiguos. Maybe that girl you talk about some days ago adressing you as a girl just was confused lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
FINALLY! Finally got an S combo in Aishiteru Banzai. Always managed to somehow get a good and never for the same note.

Since I now have over 10k friend points I thought I'd do one scout and got a Pure Maki! LUCK LUCK LUCKY!

Chariot

Nope didn't spend no money, but I tried to except my purchase kept getting declined because it was labeled as high-risk or something. Apparently idols are to risky for my card.
Good guy credit card, prevent you from blowing your money.
Still interesting how you got so highranked with all them highrollers.

Hugstable

Banned
I guess it depends on the player base. In the JP event, playing on Normal meant you wouldn't even place.

This is why I can't do Normal, even if it is more efficient. lol

I have to do normal since im still Rank 20 so I barely get any of the bar filled on Event hard. I only tried it once and failed in the part at the end where the notes just start coming. I wanna try again later, but im afraid of losing all my macaroons.

Also the timing has felt quite different since I changed from a Nexus 5 to a Note 3. Still havent got the new timing down perfect but im getting it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have no idea how I passed hard the first time I did it, especially as it was my first time playing the song. Scrapped a CC.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I have to do normal since im still Rank 20 so I barely get any of the bar filled on Event hard. I only tried it once and failed in the part at the end where the notes jist start coming. I wanna try again later, but im afraid of losing all my macaroons.
If you can get some more Pure Rares, then it'll help because they will heal you. But yeah, it's one of those weird things where you need to fail a couple of times to improve, but you don't really want to fail because you lose points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom