• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

JHTbOpCl.png

This is my team. The only reason it even remotely competes is because I spent all my gold upgrading the normals. The second Honoka and Kotori only dropped recently. :(

But those two normals have the best raw stats, so I would try to get them up if you can.

But 86 loveca is best value!

Yeah it is pretty good team for a game that just released about 3 weeks ago. If you get some R's in it should be good enough because i don't see as many people pay in this version as in the JPN version.

I'm on Android too. Don't do this to me! ;_;

I'm going to lose this battle and cry myself to sleep.

Welcome my friend :D
bordofdispairpwu64.jpg

right okay, thanks. So max then idol or does it not really matter? Been maxing them first anyway.

It does not really matter for the extra HP, but i would max them if you use the R in your team. Its pretty hard withouth paying to get the same R or higher. So better level them if you use them or else you can make them rot in the box and don't level them :p

rank 803. no way I'll be that high at the end of the event though.

anyhoo, you gain 10 LP an hour, 30LP every 3 hours. if you do 16 15x LP songs a day, that's 16x16 macaroons, 256. That's 8.5 Normal Event songs for 1120 event points, making 1376 event points a day, so 15136 after 11 days. never having to play hard mode once. .5 means another play every 2 days so that's another 5x140 = 700 points.

now consider that you have 40LP max, that's playing every 4 hours so you don't waste LP. so you can only sleep 4 hours. let's assume you sleep 8 hours. you'll lose 4 hours worth of LP, or 40 LP. that's 14 plays per day, giving you 11,498 after 11 days.

It's very possible to get 11k Kotori for everyone.

This all assumes you don't break a combo at all and score SS every 154-176 times you play normal.

Chariot

rank 803. no way I'll be that high at the end of the event though.

anyhoo, if you do 8 15x LP songs a day, that's 8x16 macaroons, 126. That's 4 Normal Event songs for 560 event points, making 686event points a day, so 7546 after 11 days.

.... huh. somehow I thought that was 11k before I posted this.... hmmm.... welp.
You surely will level up in between.

Danj

I've been thinking of trying this since it's out on Android now and I've reached an impasse with KanColle (stuck on 3-2 as I don't have a strong enough destroyer team to pass it) but I don't know anything about the Love Live franchise - I've never seen any of the anime or whatever.

Is it still worth me trying it out or should I simply pass it by and avoid potential frustration?

Reknoc

I've been thinking of trying this since it's out on Android now and I've reached an impasse with KanColle (stuck on 3-2 as I don't have a strong enough destroyer team to pass it) but I don't know anything about the Love Live franchise - I've never seen any of the anime or whatever.

Is it still worth me trying it out or should I simply pass it by and avoid potential frustration?

play it anyway then watch the anime for full enlightenment.

m0t0k1

Is there a maintenance going on right now? Having trouble logging on >_<

If there is maintenance it will kick you out directly saying maintenance is for example from 15.00 to 16.00 today. So the server is probably getting hammered had that yesterday during the last day of the japanese event. even wanting to sacrefice idols i had to do it 3 times because they could not connect.

MSMrRound

I think I'm gonna stick with Normal for the event song...normal tempo throws me off a bit but I'm not all that confident with Hard mode...45 tokens are quite a lot...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did 2 50 loveca pulls in the JP version, got two more SR Nozomis. This fucking game. lol

That said, I actually have the chance to idolize one of them... but is it worth doing? Or is it better to keep the two SRs to fill out the team?

Crazily enough, I might be close to a third pull... but I think I'm going to save that to have something to look forward to.

m0t0k1

Did 2 50 loveca pulls in the JP version, got two more SR Nozomis. This fucking game. lol

That said, I actually have the chance to idolize one of them... but is it worth doing? Or is it better to keep the two SRs to fill out the team?

Crazily enough, I might be close to a third pull... but I think I'm going to save that to have something to look forward to.

Look at our double UR nico buddy here on gaf. He keeps them seperated. I would do so too if you don't have many SR. Because SR is way stronger then R spreading the power is better then having it one. Because of all the hidden multipliers and stuff. But it is now guarrenteed SR on jpn version? Might do a pull now if so.

Jintor

I was going to make fun of you guys for calling the Event Song normal 'hard' and the hard mode 'expert', but then the second "Happy Holiday" chorus began and I totally started losing my shit. Fuck! That's going to be fun to practice, except I need to grind songs between practicing it. God damn you Love Live!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Look at our double UR nico buddy here on gaf. He keeps them seperated. I would do so too if you don't have many SR. Because SR is way stronger then R spreading the power is better then having it one. Because of all the hidden multipliers and stuff. But it is now guarrenteed SR on jpn version? Might do a pull now if so.
Yeah, until the 5th it seems. And I think I'll keep them separated as well... but it's really tempting to bring them together. lol

I just need a Cool SR and then I'll have a fighting chance in all songs... but hey, maybe next time.
(I have like 6 Makis on my Cool team. :p)

I was going to make fun of you guys for calling the Event Song normal 'hard' and the hard mode 'expert', but then the second "Happy Holiday" chorus began and I totally started losing my shit. Fuck! That's going to be fun to practice, except I need to grind songs between practicing it. God damn you Love Live!
The event songs seem to be harder. In the JP version, the "Bonus" event songs that aren't part of the normal rotations even have different completion prizes because it's just assumed you're going to have a hard time with them.

(You also get a free love gem if you complete all three difficulties instead of the normal 500 friend points)

Had the alarm clock at 7:35 to play this morning, got my macarons, and wnet to sleep, then at 12:35, same thing.
I also did some calculations of what I get if I continue to play like this.

If all works out today:
18 15LP songs played
That means, if I dont fail (and its pretty easy to not), 288 macarons a day
put I played at this rhythm 9 days, thats 2.592 macarons
That means at the end I could play 56 hard versions of sweet holiday or
86 normal versions of sweet holiday.

The problem is, I dont know how many tokens nets playing sweet holiday, and if like this I can get to the kotori card.
Also with a 24509 Pure team what would you recomend? I usually get B and A on normal songs and C on hard ones with this type of team.
Is normal my best option, to get the most amount of points?

Man, the game crashed right after I started the event song...
Give me my macaroons back! T_T

Game crashed right as I full cleared a hard song. 15 LP and 16 Macarons gone. Fuck.

Try the support thing in the menu. Maybe they give them back.

m0t0k1

Had the alarm clock at 7:35 to play this morning, got my macarons, and wnet to sleep, then at 12:35, same thing.
I also did some calculations of what I get if I continue to play like this.

If all works out today:
18 15LP songs played
That means, if I dont fail (and its pretty easy to not), 288 macarons a day
put I played at this rhythm 9 days, thats 2.592 macarons
That means at the end I could play 56 hard versions of sweet holiday or
86 normal versions of sweet holiday.

The problem is, I dont know how many tokens nets playing sweet holiday, and if like this I can get to the kotori card.
Also with a 24509 Pure team what would you recomend? I usually get B and A on normal songs and C on hard ones with this type of team.

Try the support thing in the menu. Maybe they give them back.

well luckely for me it was just LP but i hitted a couple of macarons before crashing. Check out the chart Fire posted it did all the min maxing for you :) So if you can S rank and S combo normal you should do that instead of getting a B rank with A combo for example.

Must admit the new UR Eri is just amazing. I spent my 100 stones trying to get her but failed.

Almost thought you had 3 UR's nearly had an heart attack :p
Is normal my best option, to get the most amount of points?

Negator

Ok, thanks. It makes no sense at all to play normal as long you're coming through hard. Even the worst score gives more points than the highest of normal.

You're not taking into consideration the number of macaroons required to play the song. An S/S on normal is equivalent to a A rank B combo on hard when you figure out points/macaroon spent.

Chariot

You're not taking into consideration the number of macaroons required to play the song. An S/S on normal is equivalent to a A rank B combo on hard when you figure out points/macaroon spent.
Ah, you're right. By god, don't make me think so much, game.

Is the wiki for anyone else down?
edit: works again, huh.

well luckely for me it was just LP but i hitted a couple of macarons before crashing. Check out the chart Fire posted it did all the min maxing for you :) So if you can S rank and S combo normal you should do that instead of getting a B rank with A combo for example.

Thanks m0t0k!

Doing 86 normals with the worst possible outcome (with my level of playing I mean) that is A-B combo, C score. 121 tokens per song, that is 6776 tokens at the end of the event. 9368 tokens adding the ones i get on 15LP songs.

Doing 56 hard with the worst possible outcome, that is B-C combo, C score. 186 tokens per song, that is 10416 tokens at the end of the event. 13008 adding the tokens form the 15 LP ones.

Fuck, seems I need to play in hard, hope it isnt too hard, becuase ive hearing a lot of failures in this thread.
Normal doesnt give me the card (it does if I get at least an A combo with A rank).
What to do, what to do...

If my calculations above are right, it STILL gives you more points that doing it in normal.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I really regret doing 4 or so single pulls in JP version now during the BiBI draw OTL

I usually get A with the event song on hard right now.

Negator

If my calculations above are right, it STILL gives you more points that doing it in normal.

Uhh. Let me run through my math then.

Assuming 86 Normal, 56 Hard with S Rank/S Combo on Normal and A Rank/B Combo on hard.

140 Tokens per normal and 210 tokens on hard.

86 * 140 = 12040
56 * 210 = 11760

I believe your calculations may suit your needs, but it is more efficient for me to stick with normal and eliminate the real risk of failure. Also, it is incredibly difficult to get an A rank on a hard song with my 24909 + friend bonus of whatever that I currently posses. In order for me to surpass the point/macaroon ratio that S/S on normal would give me, I would have to full combo every hard song, which is not going to happen very often at all.

froliq

Yes, a C score and A/B combo on normal gives less than a C score and C combo on hard. You should see for yourself what's doable for you. I don't know how your pure team is currently but a B score on normal shouldn't be that hard to hit and I think a full combo on normal is doable for someone that can pass the hard song.

tafer

Assuming 86 Normal, 56 Hard with S Rank/S Combo on Normal and A Rank/B Combo on hard.

86 * 140 = 12040
56 * 210 = 11760

I believe your calculations may suit your needs, but it is more efficient for me to stick with normal and eliminate the real risk of failure. Also, it is incredibly difficult to get an A rank on a hard song with my 24909 + friend bonus of whatever that I currently posses. In order for me to surpass the point/macaroon ratio that S/S on normal would give me, I would have to full combo every hard song, which is not going to happen very often at all.

Yeah, I'm scoring S/S with not too much problem on normal. And after watching the video someone posted earlier, I'll probably struggle to get a C/B, B/C with my 25k Pure team.

Oh well, I hope I'll make it into some amount where it's reasonable to push the rest with gems.

86 * 140 = 12040
56 * 210 = 11760

Yes, a C score and A/B combo on normal gives less than a C score and C combo on hard. You should see for yourself what's doable for you. I don't know how your pure team is currently but a B score on normal shouldn't be that hard to hit and I think a full combo on normal is doable for someone that can pass the hard song.

The thing is, I did my calculation with a very plausible otucome in normal (A - A), and the worst otucome in hard (C - C), and hard was still the much better option.
That is, maybe hard is that hard, so thats not taken into consideration. Im really scaredd of trying the song in hard even once for that matter. Or maybe is not so bad for my current level of playing (full comboed all the hard songs in the english version already).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom