• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

I might have to burn a few Loveca Stones for this one [depending]. I'm only at around 1400 points so far, and I really want that Kotomi SR. :(

Decided to buy 6 love gems to push my self to 50, here's what i got

D8sztfr.png

SR Hanayo should help a lot in this event, plus I got a lot of doubles for idolazation so I'd say it was $4 well spent.

klez

I might have to burn a few Loveca Stones for this one [depending]. I'm only at around 1400 points so far, and I really want that Kotomi SR. :(

The way I see it, it's a free SR that you may not even get on a 50 loveca pull, so anything between say 5-10 loveca is acceptable to me. I'm probably going to burn some loveca because my pure team sucks and can probably only C rank hard, so grinding normal is the only way for me.

chrono01

The real challenge is staying in the top 1000 to get the extra one.
An extra would be nice, but if I can get one [even if I can't idolize it right away] that would make me happy.

You could be able to manage it still without using loveca but if you need to maybe try to use less than 5, getting an SR for 4 loveca or less isn't too bad
Yeah, even if I have to use up to 5 of them, that's only one draw from Scouting [which may or may not an SR/UR]. That's not too bad, although less than 5 would be ideal.

The way I see it, it's a free SR that you may not even get on a 50 loveca pull, so anything between say 5-10 loveca is acceptable to me. I'm probably going to burn some loveca because my pure team sucks and can probably only C rank hard, so grinding normal is the only way for me.
Yeah, my Pure team isn't the best right now, but I can easily manage S/S on Normal every time [unless the slower pace screws me up and, even then, I still get an S-rank Score]. As you said, it's essentially a guaranteed SR draw, so if I have to use a few Loveca Stones to accomplish it, that will be well-spent.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Kinda funny to see Kirin's twitter linked on here lol. I talk to him almost every day. Small world.

Kumubou

Hrm, just outside the top 1,000 currently score-wise on the event song. Debating if I should burn some more FP to try to get more pure rares (I'm sitting on 14k right now).
Kinda funny to see Kirin's twitter linked on here lol. I talk to him almost every day. Small world.
Anitwitter is a small
and scary
place.

m0t0k1

Anyone really good with photoshop? Was really wanting to edit my avatar to have the Alpaca there instead of the Character Huggy Bear, and replace the text "bear" with Alpaca., so it would be Huggy Alpaca. I don't have photoshop and I'm pretty bad when it comes to editing photos and such. Murf gave me the idea in the chat and really wanted to change my avatar to fit with the game for now. Wanted Maki originally but everyone already has all the good ones, and I haven't really seen much Alpaca Avatars, so if anyone is able to edit one for me that would be amazing :D.

Man i can do a simple Alpaca avatar but i am having a hard time finding your font so i cant change the letters. So maybe somebody else could help you with that.

Also added the #irc channel into the OP i never use irc but if it can make other people happy then that is cool.

Chariot

Man i can do a simple Alpaca avatar but i am having a hard time finding your font so i cant change the letters. So maybe somebody else could help you with that.

Also added the #irc channel into the OP i never use irc but if it can make other people happy then that is cool.
You could start. Its never too late.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I reached 1100 points so if I manage to continue this for 10 days I'll scrape a SR card.

So rather unlikely unless I play at work…

And then some concerned co-worker follow him only to hear out of the cabin:
"Damnit, why can't I get hard!? Come on, girls....!"
Accompanied by j-pop music and high girl voices who say something in japanese.
My co-workers already know I'm weird. That probably wouldn't surprise them much.
But just to be safe, I'll play with no sound. That should be enough to get these damn macaroons!

tenton

My co-workers already know I'm weird. That probably wouldn't surprise them much.
But just to be safe, I'll play with no sound. That should be enough to get these damn macaroons!

I was going to say, I'm brave, but even I'm not that brave. When I need a bathroom break (every 3-4 hours until I can get my LP up, damn it!), I play with the sound definitely off. :p

chrono01

I finally FC'd Mermaid Festa today, so that makes all current Hard 15LP songs as FC'd!

I need to do a few of the lower ones, but that will wait until the event is over [since I don't want to waste LP on anything less than 15 so I can maximize my macaroons].

I might miss playing a bit tonight [have plans], but will try o catch up tomorrow using Loveca Stones if I have to [sitting on 73, at the moment]. Actually, I might save the Loveca Stones until the end portion of the event to see how close I am. I might not need them if I'm diligent about playing as much as I can be.

Jintor

Ugh... don't tell me i'll have to play normal to maintain pace for the card... failing happy holiday yesterday once really threw me off...

So im just an inch of getting the N card of the evnt (2000 points)
Today I could do 19 15LP songs (yesterday I did 5 times so thats 24 in a day and a night), and 8 Sweet Holidays (2 of them in hard). I can full combo easily the song in normal, but im pretty sure im going to fail once or twice during the event becuase of some stupid thing.

If all goes as planned (playing like today) I can get the R card easily.

chrono01

Ugh... don't tell me i'll have to play normal to maintain pace for the card... failing happy holiday yesterday once really threw me off...
Unless you can reliably clear it on Hard with a high rank/combo, getting S/S on Normal is supposedly the best macaroon-per-point ratio. It's what I'm going with, since my Pure team isn't quite up to par yet, but I can easily get S/S on Normal.

I'm confused now. Is it better to get S ranks on normal than to play on hard and get B/As? If so I need to adjust my strategy if just doing hard.

chrono01

I'm confused now. Is it better to get S ranks on normal than to play on hard and get B/As? If so I need to adjust my strategy if just doing hard.
If you can get B/A on Hard, that should earn you more points.

Here's a chart that was listed earlier. It shows the amount of points you get based on your rank/combo with each difficulty.

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=Gameplay#Events

Actually, now that I look at it, if you only get B/A on Hard, you're getting the exact same number of points [per macaroon] than if you got S/S on Normal. So, I guess, go with whatever you're best comfortable with.

Jintor

Unless you can reliably clear it on Hard with a high rank/combo, getting S/S on Normal is supposedly the best macaroon-per-point ratio. It's what I'm going with, since my Pure team isn't quite up to par yet, but I can easily get S/S on Normal.

but normal is boring as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Holy shit, im 800 something in the event ranking, if i can stay the whole event on those numbers I could get another Kotori card and an Alpaca!
Im sure theres no chance though :(

Also, the music of the vent menu is so christmasy lol

I didn't know the math went this deep. I think I'll stick with hard because my team just about reaches A and eventually I'll be able to do combos to make it worthwhile. Idols just have to dance and sing, there was nothing about being good at maths ;-;
Edit: wait no I have to factor in the amount of times I can play. I can play normal more frequently than hard so actually it works out better to keep playing normal? I didn't think I was this rusty on maths...

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I'm 1000 something right now. Doubt I'd be able to get in the top 1000 in the end. I'm fine with unidolized SR Kotori.

Draxal

I drew three normal pure kotories in the 3k friend points I blew earlier today, and I already had one idolized.

It allowed me to srank the event song, even though I blew it in the mid of the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom