• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave the anime a shot.

I had no idea that some moe bullshit was just what my life was missing. Show's pretty funny as well.

This will balance out that last Game of Thrones episode just nicely. CG idols are some bullshit though.

m0t0k1

Gave the anime a shot.

I had no idea that some moe bullshit was just what my life was missing. Show's pretty funny as well.

This will balance out that last Game of Thrones episode just nicely.

Once you are hooked you are not going anywhere.

ibrP54vYlPTTOm.gif

Enron

Banned
the anime didn't make me go WOW or anything but it is a lot better than I thought it would be (i figured it would be awful)

JoeFu

Banned
The anime is pretty funny. I watched it because I thought I would hear the music though...

Still I enjoy it and am fully caught up.

The anime is fun for what it is. It reminds me of K-On except more forced drama. It's a silly, lighthearted show that gets some laughs and has fun characters.

1333277142079.jpg

Ugh, I'm like one rare Cool/Smile away from being able to S-Score hard songs. I'm sitting at around 27k points for both. The desire to buy a 10+1 draw is painful.

m0t0k1

Well the drama in Idolm@ster was my favorite part so this sounds great.

I'm not even kidding, seriously.

The idolm@ster drama is wayyy beter. In LL the solution and problem are nowhere near as big as im@s. More like a teen girl problem then some scar for the rest of your life. But i did enjoy S1 of LL but i like S2 way more.

Ugh, I'm like one rare Cool/Smile away from being able to S-Score hard songs. I'm sitting at around 27k points for both. The desire to buy a 10+1 draw is painful.

Do a single draw if you only need an R extra right now? The event is serious business you know. Definitely if you know you are going to get an SR for it.

Do a single draw if you only need an R extra right now? The event is serious business you know. Definitely if you know you are going to get an SR for it.

I... don't even have enough for a single draw. I was using them to restore LP. I think I have four right now.

froliq

I just like lighthearted and fun stuff when it comes to anime these days and with a pleasant artstyle. The S1 drama is a bit forced and rushed, but I didn't really find it that bad and I've not been overly exposed to such tropes.

I prefer LoveLive over im@s overall in songs, anime and cast of characters. I'm just not very fond of the evil rival idol group stuff. That said I would still watch Haruka's and the twins' silliness all day, see Takane eat ramen all day and hear Chihaya sing. I'm glad we have both and I would still play the hell out of a im@s game.

That is a bummer. Did you idolize and max bond all your N cards if not just do one extra. You will get macarons in the process.

Yep, all Idolized and bonded. The next heart I get will probably be from a daily reward. I got nothing on the slate. Maybe an event reward, I got tons of macaroons to spend.

I haven't watched any other idol anime so I can't make many comparisons but I'm having a lot of fun with the second season of Love Live.

Yui

Its better than Wake Up Girls and not as good as Idolma@ster. WUG has its moments and can still be worth a watch.

"Wake Up Girls" was like my biggest disappointment in the last years.
It's just the wrong approach for the genre I guess. If someone wants something with idols and a bit more seriousness* they should go for akb0048.
It's such an underrated show that got ignored by many people because of it's name.

*more serious in terms of drama and overall tone not in terms of realism since it's set in space and they fight for their lifes while performing ^^

Finally saw the episode with Hanayo's "Nico Nico Niiii". My heart exploded.
And the Rin episode before that was lovely, she went up in my LL ranking.

Also, I made an invocation gif. You know, for good luck before card draws. :>
WKw53GL.gif

And this one would be awesome with an envelope instead of the card.
KvkDWrQ.gif

It's just the wrong approach for the genre I guess. If someone wants something with idols and a bit more seriousness* they should go for akb0048.
It's such an underrated show that got ignored by many people because of it's name.

*more serious in terms of drama and overall tone not in terms of realism since it's set in space and they fight for their lifes while performing ^^

Sounds like Daft Punk's anime movie thing. (The space performing) Odd anime plots never cease to amuse me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well hit my goal of 4400. (I try to hit 1100 points a day so on day 10 I'll hit the 11000 needed for the SR)

Have 201 macaroons spare and probably about two to three more plays left in the day. Surprised that I may actually make it when originally I thought I'd be lucky to just get the alpaca.

holysan

Odd anime plots never cease to amuse me.

Try not to laugh when a tank points a gun at underaged girls, while someone's shouting "Die idol scum"

Anim@s needs more performances. I don’t count Heart of Marionette and Promise since they’re too short and otherwise there are only Smoky Thrill, Restart and Are You Ready, which of course look fantastic, but having only 3 choreographies over 25 episodes of an idol anime is just ehhhh.

5th time, 2nd FC in a row on hard. should be good for that now...

by my calculations with my current macaroons and ability (avg 210 per song) I'll be exactly at th 1000th places (6500~) doing hard songs

On saturday my estimate was top 700 doing medium songs

even upping my game I dropped drastically. by event end I won't be in the top 1000 at this rate. I'm currently getting an A on score, B-S on combo. I need to stop playing event until I have a team capable of hitting S score, then I can start burning macaroons again.

It's such an underrated show that got ignored because of it's name.

I dunno about that, I think what sets WUG apart from IM@S or LL is that it kind of has "real" drama. The "drama" in IM@S and LL feels like that kind of fake drama that only happens in fiction. Whereas WUG felt more grounded with kind of "real" scenarios, like "you're new and not famous, so the only work you're getting is to entertain depraved men in this gentleman's club." Its like a show about The Beatles time in Germany versus Beatlemania/British Invasion era.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
WUG was good for the first couple of episodes when it focused on the depraved side of the industry, then suddenly they got all the luck in the world and the show lost its edge and got predictable.

Yui

I dunno about that, I think what sets WUG apart from IM@S or LL is that it kind of has "real" drama. The "drama" in IM@S and LL feels like that kind of fake drama that only happens in fiction. Whereas WUG felt more grounded with kind of "real" scenarios, like "you're new and not famous, so the only work you're getting is entertain depraved men in this gentleman's club." Its like a show about The Beatles time in Germany versus Beatlemania/British Invasion era.

Oh yeah, I'm sure there are people who like the more "realistic" approach but I would expect that those people didn't get much enjoyment out of Love Live. It's just not the approach to the genre that I enjoy, since I dont know why people would like to see something down to earth in an idol anime but like I said that's just me. ^^

Hugstable

Banned
Maybe phoenix should try creating another account? ;P

Haha I thought about trying that once once another account and amassing 50 Loveca to see how I do, but I just know it's gonna end up being a waste and I will get all rares. I got one SR out 15 idols to come from Honor Student pulls, I should be happy lol.

IcyStorm

Oh yeah, I'm sure there are people who like the more "realistic" approach but I would expect that those people didn't get much enjoyment out of Love Live. It's just not the approach to the genre that I enjoy, since I dont know why people would like to see something down to earth in an idol anime but like I said that's just me. ^^

Eh, as much as I love Idolmaster and mostly enjoy Love Live, their conflicts are very safe and sometimes silly. That's not a bad thing, but I don't think there needs to be another humorous idol show that doesn't do anything particularly different. Aikatsu is somewhat unique at least. IM@S and Love Live also don't have real conflicts that affect real idols, so I kinda like Wake Up, Girls! for that. I suppose AKB0048 is also QUITE different and was surprisingly very good, but it's hard to take it seriously.

WUG is different and it felt fresh (without going too out of this world like AKB0048). It shows a side of the idol culture and industry that isn't seen in IM@S or Love Live. Unfortunately, Yamakan and really terrible art and animation made WUG kinda suck. At least Blu-ray cleaned up a good amount of the atrociousness.

Also, it's my first post in this thread :O my ID is 911704625. Currently hoarding macarons (519 right now) with 5789 event points. Lack of pure rares (only 6, none idolized) is misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom