• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0t0k1

Eh, as much as I love Idolmaster and mostly enjoy Love Live, their conflicts are very safe and sometimes silly. That's not a bad thing, but I don't think there needs to be another humorous idol show that doesn't do anything particularly different. Aikatsu is somewhat unique at least. IM@S and Love Live also don't have real conflicts that affect real idols, so I kinda like Wake Up, Girls! for that. I suppose AKB0048 is also QUITE different and was surprisingly very good, but it's hard to take it seriously.

WUG is different and it felt fresh (without going too out of this world like AKB0048). It shows a side of the idol culture and industry that isn't seen in IM@S or Love Live. Unfortunately, Yamakan and really terrible art and animation made WUG kinda suck. At least Blu-ray cleaned up a good amount of the atrociousness.

Also, it's my first post in this thread :O my ID is 911704625. Currently hoarding macarons (519 right now) with 5789 event points. Lack of pure rares (only 6, none idolized) is misery.
Welcome to the club. I know how the real life idols are and that is wat wug was aiming for. But that is to hard for the general crowd they want to watch a fun show and I think ll and I as are more about. I think imas captures everything I love about the idol industry and leaves out all the nasty stuff. Funny nobody is talking about xenoglesia I have been avoiding that like the plague for some reason.

Also try competing with only one pure r like me. I have to fc all the time to get the s rank on normal. Times like that made me wish I could transfer my Japanese idols over.

Yui

That's not a bad thing, but I don't think there needs to be another humorous idol show that doesn't do anything particularly different.

I would love 10 more humorous idol shows to be honest. ^^ Especially after the second LL season is done.
I dont care for cinderella girls so there is nothing to look forward to in the genre, at least not for me (I'm not really into male idols so this rock idol bishie show thingy doesn't count :p).
And "feeling fresh" is not necessarily a good thing if you enjoy the old concept far more. That's why I personally dont like it and quite frankly hope that Yamakan is done with idols forever.

And welcome to the thread. ^^

Hugstable

Banned
Finally got my SR Kotori!

nxRVMZ4.jpg

Mazre

On a roll today- FC'd Aishteru on hard this morning and drew a smile Nico with the FP. FC'd Mogyutto this evening and got a cool Nico and pure Umi. Then I went and finally managed to clear the event song on hard. Should hit 50 gems tonight as well once the daily timer clicks over (despair awaits).

elhaym

We still have 6 days, why the hurry?
I'm just jealous.

For me, honestly it's hoping a lot of other players will drop off if they get that first SR.

Also - WTF roll:
BpPZVF1CIAENZ5L.jpg

Why do I never have this good luck with the loveca stone rolls!?

Chariot

I dunno. What is the hurry?

Will get mine tonight when I go home
I am at 6,2k and good in time to get Kotori before the event ends. And you guys finished days before it ends :(

edit: What the hell elhaym!? No despair for you, I guess.

For me, honestly it's hoping a lot of other players will drop off if they get that first SR.

Also - WTF roll:
BpPZVF1CIAENZ5L.jpg

Why do I never have this good luck with the loveca stone rolls!?
Was gonna post about my 10 scout roll that gave me two smile nico R but nope you gotta come in here with this 4 R jazz
I am at 6,2k and good in time to get Kotori before the event ends. And you guys finished days before it ends :(
maybe they want to hit the top 200 rewards or whatever

I'm a little more than halfway to the SR card with my 6000 points. It seems so far!
Should hit 50 gems tonight as well once the daily timer clicks over (despair awaits).
If you can wait 6 days, you'll be assured to get at least 1 SR.
But you can also be courageous and scout today. You know what they say: fortune favours the bold.

Mokoi

Banned
It is time to end my social life and dive into the madness that is multiple accounts because I do want me some Sr great pull fire

You don't have to end your social life. It's very hard to pull off both, but doable.
Just don't sleep

Kumubou

But you can also be courageous and scout today. You know what they say: fortune favours the bold.
That's only because we never hear back from people who act bold and die tryingfall into a pit of Despair.

The boring thing to do is to wait. A godlike draw will still be godlike... but you won't get anything so bad people will be talking you down from a bridge.

Just got idolized nico's story. One more loveca!

The anime is fun for what it is. It reminds me of K-On except more forced drama. It's a silly, lighthearted show that gets some laughs and has fun characters.

1333277142079.jpg

I always foun K-ON's designs to be like if Kyoto Animation just didnt know to draw anymore. Look at that, she just looks like her face is gonna melt.

OG Loc

I really don't get how the leveling and idolizing works yet after rereading the OP. Thats fine, though. Long as I have Maki nothing else even matters.

And 100 times aishiteru banzai!

Dont cry! Your face is gonna melt more!

Now seriously, I always wanted to watch it, but the face designs, plus being pretty busy around that time made me not watch it.
Coming from Lucky Star and Haruhi, they seriously suck. And then Haruhi also had those blobs although smaller during the next seasons.

I think thats enough idolizing for today, 611 in the rank without the final songs I did. Ive been all the day in between 800 and 1000 and now ive got up to 600 so not bad at all.

Off to see the ending of Love Live's first season and sleep.
Good night guys!

No social life. Just sleep and Love Live. And maybe work I guess

Thats been me during the event. Im sleeping really badly becuase I usually have an alarm for 5:30am to play do it breaks my sleep by half.

Now seriously, I always wanted to watch it, but the face designs, plus being pretty busy around that time made me not watch it.
Coming from Lucky Star and Haruhi, they seriously suck. And then Haruhi also had those blobs although smaller during the next seasons.

Well... The animation was improved in S2 and the movie at least.

95621srf.gif

Hugstable

Banned
gotta get that income for all the loveca

These Loveca don't pay for themselves haha!

I'm gonna be spending 10$ on this tonight to get 3 Honor Student pulls to celebrate me getting a Kotori Event card. Hopefully outta the 20$ Play Card I'll be getting soon and this 10$, I better get some SR or UR.

IcyStorm

Welcome to the club. I know how the real life idols are and that is wat wug was aiming for. But that is to hard for the general crowd they want to watch a fun show and I think ll and I as are more about. I think imas captures everything I love about the idol industry and leaves out all the nasty stuff. Funny nobody is talking about xenoglesia I have been avoiding that like the plague for some reason.

What's Xenoglossia? Sounds like something that never happened and should never exist.

I would love 10 more humorous idol shows to be honest. ^^ Especially after the second LL season is done.
I dont care for cinderella girls so there is nothing to look forward to in the genre, at least not for me (I'm not really into male idols so this rock idol bishie show thingy doesn't count :p).
And "feeling fresh" is not necessarily a good thing if you enjoy the old concept far more. That's why I personally dont like it and quite frankly hope that Yamakan is done with idols forever.

And welcome to the thread. ^^

Thanks. And of course, a show like that is not for everyone. I just like seeing the variety in types of shows. WUG could have been great in the hands of someone more competent.

Yui

I would assume that being forgotten is like the worst thing for an idol. And you forgot them. D:
(at home :p)

Hugstable

Banned
I got 5/10 Rares from one normal 10 pull the first time... and nothing ever again in the next 4 10 normal student draws except one rare pure Kotori. I got 6000 FP lol

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Still waiting for that sweet SR Eli to show up first. Got $15 on my account saved for a chance to get it. Will probably end up buying some itunes cards too later though >_>

I think I'm going to wait for better SRs and/or URs to pop up first... or maybe wait until guaranteed SR arrives and do a 10+1 pull with some people here! :)

Maybe phoenix should try creating another account? ;P

For what? More bad draws?
That's jsut cruel, man.

Okay, so I made another account on my phone (main account is on tablet) and played until I got the free scout ticket. Got the exact same first rare I got on my main account (Cool Maki R).

Now I'm competing with my friend to see how good our luck is with my new account. He does a 1k fp draw and gets a rare. I do two 1k fp pulls and get 20 normals. I think I'm just cursed.

HELP I'M CLOSE TO THROWING MONEY AT THE GAME SEND BACKUP IMMEDIATELY

Don't listen to them! Nothing good will come of it!

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
If there are more than one SR Eli or even a UR I could be convinced to spend some now.....

Have only seen the one SR Eli so far though

Kumubou

That moment when you realize you're sitting on 600 macaroons. x_x

I think I'm going to wait for better SRs and/or URs to pop up first... or maybe wait until guaranteed SR arrives and do a 10+1 pull with some people here! :)
When the first guaranteed SR event happens in the US version, this thread is going to be a hot mess. People are going to make it rain.

Don't listen to them! Nothing good will come of it!
Silly, I don't have your luck.

do you want me to
Yes.

If there are more than one SR Eli or even a UR I could be convinced to spend some now.....

Have only seen the one SR Eli so far though
I think, unfortunately, there's only one SR Eli in the English version right now. Still super cute!

When the first guaranteed SR event happens in the US version, this thread is going to be a hot mess. People are going to make it rain.
rain with money

or rares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom