• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazre

Alright, here we go, 50 gem pull incoming...

Edit:
9vX7sPB.png

No Maki aside, very pleased, 2 SR and I'll have 3 idolized R's out of this.

Kazzy

I don't think I'll be able to muster enough points to gain any substantial reward during this event. I generally only play in the mornings and whilst on the train, meaning I make progress fine, just not to the degree that I would be hitting those high goals.

Eh...

--------------

Anyway, I have a question about a quirk - which may not be so much as a quirk, but a silly design choice that I fear.

Why can I not idolize the level 40 Maki? It works the other way round, with the version that I haven't leveled. Is it simply a case of having to do it at level 1? If so, why!?

I don't think I'll be able to muster enough points to gain any substantial reward during this event. I generally only play in the mornings and whilst on the train, meaning I make progress fine, just not to the degree that I would be hitting those high goals.

Eh...

--------------

Anyway, I have a question about a quirk - which may not be so much as a quirk, but a silly design choice that I fear.

http://i.imgur.com/2dqCYOJ.jpg[img]

Why can I not idolize this Maki? It works the other way round, with the version that I haven't leveled. Is it simply a case of having to do it at level 1? If so, why!?[/QUOTE]

One of them is in a team. The game acts weird when you try to idolize an idol in a team. Remove both of them from any teams and try again.

Hugstable

Banned

Eh...

--------------

Why can I not idolize the level 40 Maki? It works the other way round, with the version that I haven't leveled. Is it simply a case of having to do it at level 1? If so, why!?

If you do that Special Practice wouldn't it make the Idolized Maki just Level 1 instead of 40. Game is probably trying to prevent you from doing that.

Hugstable

Banned
I just realized I have like no friends in this game so I was gonna send some invites out to you guys. If I miss anyone my ID # is 148371296

Kazzy

Its not really trivial is it, you wouldn't want to accidentally lose a team member

That was never the problem, and maybe the image caused some confusion, but I was never trying to 'sacrifice' the max level Maki - it was just that I literally could only bring up the option to idolize with the level 1.

I realize that it could act as a safeguard, of sorts - but it seems like a half-baked thing. I would have liked some kind of indication as to why I couldn't do it in the first place.

tenton

Its not really trivial is it, you wouldn't want to accidentally lose a team member

Especially since it would invalidate the team (since you would be missing a member). OTOH, you can start with a team member, since it's the 2nd card that goes away, the team member (first card) still exists and will still be on the team.

Wondering, is it worth it to feed all my normal into the R/SR/UR I play with? Or should I max out the idolized normal to then feed into my main group? I'm wondering if I'm going about this leveling up process wrong.

Wondering, is it worth it to feed all my normal into the R/SR/UR I play with? Or should I max out the idolized normal to then feed into my main group? I'm wondering if I'm going about this leveling up process wrong.

I just keep one idolized version of the normals just to have them then feed all the duplicates to my rares.

I just keep one idolized version of the normals just to have them then feed all the duplicates to my rares.

That's what I'm doing now. But if max level/bonded Idolized normals don't have any purpose, then it'd be more efficient to feed the duplicates into the idolized normals, then feed the idolized normals into the rares.

IcyStorm

I max level and bond for normals so I can complete the album (and get the album rewards). I focus on maxing one normal, then feed it to another normal and max that one, etc.

Hugstable

Banned
WHELP!!! I just scouted 40 members using my friend points and all I got is a Honoka!!! I saved this points hoping I would get something good and the luck gods are not smiling upon me today :(

I kinda forgot the second to last one since I got Rares again and was a bit frustrated. I wanna idolize and I have like nobody for my cool team besides my Cool SR Umi and Maki but they can't put the whole cool team on their back.

Edit: I just realized the one I forgot to take the picture off was the one with the only rare I had, a Honoka

I don't know if I should go through with single pulls of Honor Students now, my luck may just not be there.

Hey y'all! Just started playing. I was trying to save up gems, but I couldn't wait any longer. I managed to pull an UR Nico Yazawa! o_O

But anyways, I don't have friends yet, so here is my ID: 3599-8715-1
My name in-game is VicViper.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey y'all! Just started playing. I was trying to save up gems, but I couldn't wait any longer. I managed to pull an UR Nico Yazawa! o_O

But anyways, I don't have friends yet, so here is my ID: 3599-8715-1
My name in-game is VicViper.

Welcome to LL Gaf and congrats on the UR! Since you're pretty new you're gonna come up on a lot of Loveca especially from the daily 3 for new players as well as leveling up the bond points for idols of normals give you 1 Loveca each as well that you won't be getting much of later. If anything save til that 50 and get the 10+1! I think it took me 2 days of normal playing to finally get the 50 I needed to do my 10+1 draw.

Hugstable

Banned
I would not do them but who knows some people had have some good luck with em

Welcome! That's a great pull, especially assuming it was a single 5 loveca?

Just saying since he was down to use them anyway, might as well save up and get an extra shot at it. Honestly though it would best to wait for one of those guaranteed SR events so at least you know you will get something. After today with my horrible normal pulls I think I'm gonna save my Loveca for one of those events

Welcome! That's a great pull, especially assuming it was a single 5 loveca?

Yup! It was my second pull and I almost dropped my iPad when I saw her!

Welcome to LL Gaf and congrats on the UR! Since you're pretty new you're gonna come up on a lot of Loveca especially from the daily 3 for new players as well as leveling up the bond points for idols of normals give you 1 Loveca each as well that you won't be getting much of later. If anything save til that 50 and get the 10+1! I think it took me 2 days of normal playing to finally get the 50 I needed to do my 10+1 draw.

Ok sweet, that is very good to know. I was worried I may have spent too much Loveca. I'll make sure to log in every day and level up my idols. Definitely won't pull again until I get 50.

Paprikka

Doing very well on the event song tonight. Upping my score by ~1k points each time. :) Went from 151k to 155k.

BTW, how are so many of you getting even points so fast? Recharging LP using loveca?

I don't know about others but I've used about 10 so far and I'm at rank 209. I'll probably use one more to grab the Kotori card then take it easy for a couple days. I hope the last day isn't too much of a bloodbath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom