• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenton

Lol we are getting our first LL clone game from china get hype!!

109-140403115435024kez.jpg

Looks better than the other pirate Chinese version I saw from last year. This one isn't as flat, graphically.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
I've only got 2 wall scrolls and 1 figure ordered. All of Eli of course. Waiting for the Vita game to get a proper release date, so I can know if I can afford it right away or not.

Yeah at first it is hard but after playing the songs a couple of times you will get used to it. The last umi event i rarely did saw anybody fc on hard. So i guess everybody has the same kind of problems. Lucky combo does not count towards the points you earn from the song. It is about your overall rank 1st 2nd 3rd or 4th and the rank you got for the song like S,A,B etc
According to the wiki, we get more points being the 4th after a Hard song than being 1st after a Normal song...
How hard are the latest Hard songs in the JPN version? I mean, compared to the songs we have in the EN version. I wouldn't want to select Hard during the event and miserably fail...

m0t0k1

According to the wiki, we get more points being the 4th after a Hard song than being 1st after a Normal song...
How hard are the latest Hard songs in the JPN version? I mean, compared to the songs we have in the EN version. I wouldn't want to select Hard during the event and miserably fail...

Yeah scores makes it a bit different here is the most points from high to low. Did not do any min maxing so you should know a normal song is 10lp and a hard song 15lp so maybe it is saver to do 2 normal songs and win then 2 hard songs and get 4th.

Expert × S × 1st = 408
Expert × A × 1st = 391
Expert × S × 2nd = 375
Expert × B × 1st = 374
Expert × A × 2nd = 360
Expert × C × 1st = 357
Expert × B × 2nd = 344
Expert × S × 3rd = 343
Expert × No × 1st = 340
Expert × C × 2nd = 328
Expert × A × 3rd = 328
Expert × S × 4th = 326
Expert × B × 3rd = 314
Expert × No × 2nd = 313
Expert × A × 4th = 313
Expert × C × 3rd = 300
Expert × B × 4th = 299
Expert × No × 3rd = 286
Expert × C × 4th = 286
Expert × No × 4th = 272
Hard × S × 1st = 245
Hard × A × 1st = 234
Hard × S × 2nd = 225
Hard × B × 1st = 224
Hard × A × 2nd = 216
Hard × C × 1st = 214
Hard × B × 2nd = 206
Hard × S × 3rd = 205
Hard × No × 1st = 204
Hard × C × 2nd = 197
Hard × A × 3rd = 197
Hard × S × 4th = 196
Hard × B × 3rd = 188
Hard × No × 2nd = 187
Hard × A × 4th = 187
Hard × C × 3rd = 180
Hard × B × 4th = 179
Hard × No × 3rd = 171
Hard × C × 4th = 171
Hard × No × 4th = 163
Normal × S × 1st = 134
Normal × A × 1st = 128
Normal × S × 2nd = 123
Normal × B × 1st = 122
Normal × A × 2nd = 118
Normal × C × 1st = 117
Normal × B × 2nd = 113
Normal × S × 3rd = 112
Normal × No × 1st = 111
Normal × C × 2nd = 107
Normal × A × 3rd = 107
Normal × S × 4th = 107
Normal × B × 3rd = 103
Normal × No × 2nd = 102
Normal × A × 4th = 102
Normal × C × 3rd = 98
Normal × B × 4th = 98
Normal × No × 3rd = 93
Normal × C × 4th = 93
Expert Fail = 91
Normal × No × 4th = 89
Hard Fail = 55
Easy × S × 1st = 54
Easy × A × 1st = 52
Easy × B × 1st = 50
Easy × S × 2nd = 50
Easy × A × 2nd = 48
Easy × C × 1st = 47
Easy × B × 2nd = 46
Easy × No × 1st = 45
Easy × S × 3rd = 45
Easy × C × 2nd = 43
Easy × A × 3rd = 43
Easy × S × 4th = 43
Easy × B × 3rd = 42
Easy × No × 2nd = 41
Easy × A × 4th = 41
Easy × C × 3rd = 40
Easy × B × 4th = 40
Easy × No × 3rd = 38
Easy × C × 4th = 38
Easy × No × 4th = 36
Normal Fail = 30
Easy Fail = 12

Also for me hard songs are pretty doable since i have a lot of recovery idols + like 27 hp. during the last umi event i had one song i failed a lot on hard. But most of them are playable hope they are the same for this event.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can always remove randoms from my FL.
I may have room depending on the results of my last round of invites
I don't have room in my FL but it doesn't matter. I shamelessly delete anonymous friends (if they don't use an UR) in order to accept gaffer requests.
You can send me one (if you still have room) since I still have randoms too and will delete someone
I've accepted/sent requests. Don't feel a need to rush to make room for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It seems like failing a song on a harder difficulty is still better than doing extremely well on a song on a lower difficulty?

Does this mean you should just play songs on Expert even if you know you will fail?
Edit: Oohhh, No means no combo. I thought that meant fail. lol

so you should know a normal song is 10lp and a hard song 15lp so maybe it is saver to do 2 normal songs and win then 2 hard songs and get 4th.
Damn, I completely forgot about that.
I did some calculations and if I want to reach 25,000 points by the end of the event, I'll have to win 2,500 points each day. I can roughly use 200 LP a day, which converts to 20 Normal songs a day, so I'll have to win 125 points with a song.
That seems... difficult. I'd have to always be 1st with a A or S rank. :-(
I'm sure Rank Ups will help and I can always use a few stones but that will be a close call.

m0t0k1

It seems like failing a song on a harder difficulty is still better than doing extremely well on a song on a lower difficulty?

Does this mean you should just play songs on Expert even if you know you will fail?
Edit: Oohhh, No means no combo. I thought that meant fail. lol

You are correct no means no combo. and fail means did not make the song. At least that is better then losing all your macarons :(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You are correct no means no combo. and fail means did not make the song. At least that is better then losing all your macarons :(
I guess at this point it depends entirely on if you get matched up with guys who have super duper teams or not. Ideally, it should match people up by team ranking, not but your profile rank.

m0t0k1

Damn, I completely forgot about that.
I did some calculations and if I want to reach 25,000 points by the end of the event, I'll have to win 2,500 points each day. I can roughly use 200 LP a day, which converts to 20 Normal songs a day, so I'll have to win 125 points with a song.
That seems... difficult. I'd have to always be 1st with a A or S rank. :-(
I'm sure Rank Ups will help and I can always use a few stones but that will be a close call.

It is easier to rack those points then in the collecting thingy event. Look at the chart just finnishing hard last and bad score gives you Hard × No × 4th = 163 so way more then the 125 points a song. So i would just start off with a pure team with lots of recovery and learn a bit of the song and when you get confident use your stronger teams.

I guess at this point it depends entirely on if you get matched up with guys who have super duper teams or not. Ideally, it should match people up by team ranking, not but your profile rank.

Yeah match ups are pretty luck based. Sometimes when i see an UR i know i am going to lose but hey they can fail songs too. it happend plenty of times that i won because all people did not complete the song not daily but maybe once every 2 days. And people with weaker teams do have it rough in this event yeah. but just playing hard and just completing them gives you the SR if you play it pretty often. But you are not fit for the player rankings then

It is easier to rack those points then in the collecting thingy event. Look at the chart just finnishing hard last and bad score gives you Hard × No × 4th = 163 so way more then the 125 points a song. So i would just start off with a pure team with lots of recovery and learn a bit of the song and when you get confident use your stronger teams.
Yeah but if I play Hard songs, it will cost me 15LP each time. So that's 13 songs a day and that means I must win 192 points with a song.
That would be close too.
And I only have 2 Pure cards that can recover my health. That's not much of a recovery team. XD

Ive been chilling the whole day in the event rank 600s since last night.
Hope I can stay like that, using some love cas at the end to stay below 1000 if needed.

Also tomorrow I suppose I will have the SR card. Only 1500 points more!

Chariot

School Idol Facebookseite:
Do you know “Sweet & Sweet Holiday” by heart yet? Let’s keep helping μ’s train to achieve their school idol dreams! Check out one of the rewards from this event – don’t you want to get your hands on that Alpaca?
10341982_320551288101492_7642962431693636708_n.png

edit: OFMG. Rank 961, i finally broke trough Rank 1,000... and I have to go to sleep soon. Curses!

chrono01

School Idol Facebookseite:

edit: OFMG. Rank 961, i finally broke trough Rank 1,000... and I have to go to sleep soon. Curses!
Congrats!

I'm at around 750 myself, but the ranks are constantly shifting. I'm going to continue to use my Loveca Stones wisely in-between my Rank Up and try for as many points as I can. I need that second SR Kotori.

Wooo chilling nicely as 74 rank for the event overall. Song ranking im at 4210 -_-

I don't get how this works, how can you be so high on the event ranking but so low on the score ranking? I'm hovering around the 1000 mark for the event(which fluctuates up and down based on when I'm hoarding/spending tokens), but pretty firm around 500 for the song.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm new to the game and was raising my ranks up alot which allowed me to amass alot of macaroons in the beginning. But my idols I only have on cool SR and like 5 Rare pures. Most of my FP draws ended in normal students and my Loveca draws gave me mostly smiles. I also used like 5 loveca so far on recharges when I just really felt like playinf a bit more.

Edit: actually now I'm at 2600 for song score.

Like a boss

I don't get how this works, how can you be so high on the event ranking but so low on the score ranking? I'm hovering around the 1000 mark for the event(which fluctuates up and down based on when I'm hoarding/spending tokens), but pretty firm around 500 for the song.

I'm guessing that could happen if you only play the normal version of the event song or if you use a ton of loveca to get a high score. My ranking and score are pretty even at 31 and 67, but that's because I'm using loveca and S/S ranking hard mode.

Chariot

Maki/Eli team. Put me down for Eli. She's not represented enough on the column.

Congrats!
Somewehere Honoka and Kotori are crying right now.

As far as I understand the song score is just you highscore for the song. So you could be first place at the first try, while you have to stak points and tries for the eventrank like crazy.

chrono01

Event Points and Score Points are different.

You get much more Score Points by playing on a higher difficult [Hard] compared to Easy/Normal, since there are more notes to hit. It's also dependant on the amount of Pure stats you have.

On the other hand, Event Points are pretty close to being the same, unless you can get a high score/combo on Hard, in which case you'll earn a bit more.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Must be using love stones to recharge the meter and get lotsa macarons. But may not have a well optimized pure team.

Right now im like 3000 in the event, but 295 for the song.

By the way, can we use friends during the Score Matching Event too?
I made a few more calculations (taking into account the rank ups since I'm still a new player) and I should be able to reach the target if I play Normal and get B ranks. I may have to use 5-10 loveca at the end but it's OK.
Somewehere Honoka and Kotori are crying right now.
It's amazing how people with Kotori avatars are not faithful to her.

Hugstable

Banned
I also run my Idolized Rare Smile Maki on my Pure team for the event song since I really don't have much else and her pure is better than most of the idol normal students.

emiliano

I have been a spectator for long in this thread, this game really hooked me.
Until now I had:
2 SR, one smile nico and one pure kotori
17 R (one idolized)
My 50 gems draw didn't give me any SR, the two I have are from a 10 normal draw and a single stone draw.
All the subsequent normal scouts (I think 6 or more ) I've done until now have failed miserably except one (crying a little inside)
I'm also playing the jap version of the game, just to practice the hard difficulty and for the daily songs.
My other 50 loveca draw gave me this.
At least I've got two blue cards this time.

I really like the daily songs. And my favourite is this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQjJX8ccIU8

Kumubou

what's your pre-bonus pure level to get an S on the event hard?
I barely got an S on the event song with a pre-boost Pure rating of 27,540... and that was with using a level 80 UR Hayano as my partner and a full combo on the song with ~5 greats, and I got it on the last two notes. So I think anything less than that isn't happening.

I barely got an S on the event song with a pre-boost Pure rating of 27,540... and that was with using a level 80 UR Hayano as my partner and a full combo on the song with ~5 greats, and I got it on the last two notes. So I think anything less than that isn't happening.
My pure is 26,460 and I get around 24+ greats...

I'M BUYING 50 LOVECA I'M GONNA DO IT

none of you can stop me

this is a grand gesture totally not faking it for attention

*realizes that others have already bought a lot more loveca and no one's really going to stop him from doing the same*

UvU

oh man guys I totally tried to buy loveca and was totally not doing this for atention but they they like said that I was an owl and couldn't buy and then the email said no and then I tried talking back but they put a hand in my face and the website refused me.

Mokoi

Banned
oh man guys I totally tried to buy loveca and was totally not doing this for atention but they they like said that I was an owl and couldn't buy and then the email said no and then I tried talking back but they put a hand in my face and the website refused me.

Same thing happened to me. They said idols were too risky. So I just went, and bought google play cards.

Lots of gaffers in the top 100. I'm impressed! Grats guys. I'm still working my way up, i think I'm at 7k event points right now.

Lost another 45 macarons to a crash. RIP.

Damn that sucks. This seems to be happening a lot. For those who've had a crash(es), what device do you have?

Hugstable

Banned
Lots of gaffers in the top 100. I'm impressed! Grats guys. I'm still working my way up, i think I'm at 7k event points right now.

Damn that sucks. This seems to be happening a lot. For those who've had a crash(es), what device do you have?

I get crashes every once in a while and I play on a Galaxy Note 3 (Android). It's only once gotten me to lose macaroons, every other crash was in the menus.

Yui

The game crashed like three times for me. Always in the same situation. When I try to purchase Loveca right after I just purchased Loveca... I'm not even joking...
Other than that, I had no crash at all. Galaxy Tab 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom