• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Why does everyone spell it macaroons anyway.

IS THIS SOME SORT OF IN-JOKE?
I just found this out because of the event when I was looking it up.

There are the macarons, which is a French desert that you see drawn in the picture. But there are also macaroons, which is a different type of desert that you can get in at least North America if not elsewhere in the world.

I've never seen a "macaron" in real life, but I can buy "macaroons" for like 3 bucks a bag. lol

Edit:
Macaron
OPuC5qWl.jpg

Macaroon
t5zuPDbl.jpg

Aytrial

But the event spells them as macaron (which is correct).

So I'm wondering why people are using macaroon in the first place, lol.

Hugstable

Banned
I just found this out because of the event when I was looking it up.

There are the macarons, which is a French desert that you see drawn in the picture. But there are also macaroons, which is a different type of desert that you can get in at least North America if not elsewhere in the world.

I've never seen a "macaron" in real life, but I can buy "macaroons" for like 3 bucks a bag. lol

Edit:
Macaron
OPuC5qWl.jpg

Macaroon
t5zuPDbl.jpg

Lol I've been spelling it wrong this whole time. Anyway im gonna be gone and busy this weekend so I might not get much school idol time or LL Gaf time :(. Thankfully my 20$ google play card will be here by then. I should still have enough time to get my songs done early in the morning, I want to keep in top 200 but im probably gonna be blasted out on those last few days. Gotta get them macarons.

Those top Macarons look delicious. I've knly seen the double O type from the bottom picture.

Draxal

Do you guys think the event leader board will slow down as soon as everyone gets their SR Kotori @ 11k points? I'm on track to get there before the event ends but I haven't broken into the top 1000 and I really want to get 2 SR Kotori if possible.

Just reinforcing what everybody else said, but it's going to rampen up at the end. People will make a burst for 11 k to get Kotori, ease off for a bit then see how far away from 1k the last two days, if its within striking distance a good amount of people are going to blow their hearts on it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hey how does everyone play the game? Do you guys play holding the phone and playing just with your 2 thumbs or do you set the phone/tablet down and play with all of your fingers. I've been playing with my thumbs while holding the phone, but I've seen some videos of people playing with all their fingers and was just wondering what preference everyone had.
I play on a Nexus 7 so when I first played it i rested it on my desk and used my fingers. Then while on holiday I didn't really have a convenient place to do that so I ended up holindg it in my hands and using my thumbs. Funny thing is I seemed to do better.

Realise I have about 2600 points worth of macaroons. I probably don't have to grind so hard.

Hugstable

Banned
I play on a Nexus 7 so when I first played it i rested it on my desk and used my fingers. Then while on holiday I didn't really have a convenient place to do that so I ended up holindg it in my hands and using my thumbs. Funny thing is I seemed to do better.

Realise I have about 2600 points worth of macaroons. I probably don't have to grind so hard.

You have 2600 Macarons saved up or just 2600 event points? Thats a crapload of macarons.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You have 2600 Macarons saved up or just 2600 event points? Thats a crapload of macarons.
Nah, based on an estimate of poorly performing the song and getting 130 points each time I have macrons worth 2600. I've played a bit more now so I have 339 of them, so thats 330/15 (normal) = 22 goes worth 130 = 2860 points. Since I've been aiming for 1100 points a day so I just hit the required amount for the SR I've already got enough for today and tomorrow which is funny since I first thought I'd be lucky to even hit the 5000 required for the alpaca when this started due to my rubbish team.

Jintor

Yay, I got a Cool Eli and a Charm Umi in a normal 10-carder... Hmmm... I think I might have already idolised those though...

Chariot

Ouch. Dailymotion deleted every single video of Live Live I had :,(
Well, I guess too many japanese on DM. Everything that I have now, is rainwitch Honoka (the scene from S2, ep01).

Edit:
Macaron
http://i.imgur.com/OPuC5qWl.jpg

Macaroon
http://i.imgur.com/t5zuPDbl.jpg

I've eaten macaroons, but not seen macarons before.

My teams are trash on the JP version. I definitely will not do well.
So are mine but after 4 songs played, it seems to be easier than I expected.
My points per song averaged at 110 so if I keep this up, I should be able to reach 25,000 without using a single loveca.
Gotta keep the faith. :p

Why does everyone spell it macaroons anyway.

IS THIS SOME SORT OF IN-JOKE?
Because my browser corrects the word "macaron" to "macaroon".
I only know about French macarons and I thought macaroons was the English translation for it. But it's a completely different thing!

holysan

2x 僕らは今のなかで
2x WILD STARS

Pretty easy.
Cool 13185
Smile 12552

Even managed to rank first once. Is the player distribution completely random or do they sort by team strength?

Markun

Well this is embarrassing. I think I figured out why my touchscreen stops working for a few seconds when I played with my thumbs. My fat fingers keep pressing the back button when I try and extend my thumbs. <_>

Guess I gotta learn to play with my index fingers now.

m0t0k1

2x &#20693;&#12425;&#12399;&#20170;&#12398;&#12394;&#12363;&#12391;
2x WILD STARS

Pretty easy.
Cool 13185
Smile 12552

Even managed to rank first once. Is the player distribution completely random or do they sort by team strength?

I believe it is totally random i got destroyed by all UR teams when i played a couple of seconds ago. I have 3 SR in my team and still i got last with the highest combo. But man i got rusty playing all these easy ass english songs made my timing rough.

25k points? How reasonable is that for a scoring event?

It is more doable then the Kotori event since you dont have to grind for macarons. I just did 3 songs on hard and i am already at 570 points. Its just lp based

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got wrecked by a Smile song that I was totally unprepared for. So far the other songs have been pretty easy though.

And hopefully it's not as bad... it's twice as many points as the Honoka event though!

Oh, what do you guys think? Is it better to feed Rares to another Rare to try to level up the skill, or is it better to have those Rares on the team for a higher raw team value?

OH SHIT TW VERSION FOR IOS IS UP

m0t0k1

I got wrecked by a Smile song that I was totally unprepared for. So far the other songs have been pretty easy though.

And hopefully it's not as bad... it's twice as many points as the Honoka event though!

Oh, what do you guys think? Is it better to feed Rares to another Rare to try to level up the skill, or is it better to have those Rares on the team for a higher raw team value?

OH SHIT TW VERSION FOR IOS IS UP

I also have a question about that. If you want the skill up do you have to feed them to the one you want like in practice or do you have to fuse them in the idolize thingy. I still have like 6 unused R left.

edit: Great work on the gif i lolled. btw i never heard of macaroons i always see those macarons arround those are deliscious albeit a little expensive.
Also i would keep them appart. In the beginning of the game those cool points etc are more important then skill level. Also you get more hp then replacing them with an N so you can do more misses.

edit2: i found the solution it is just feeding instead of fusion.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Great gif lol

Man, some of these songs on hard are rough. Good thing I was able to at least get third place. The guy in last with the UR was afk or something. He had 0 points.

Also, the other two players used the Harasho comment or whatever it is before and after the song. Maybe because of my Eli SR. Gave me a smile.

Man, some of these songs on hard are rough. Good thing I was able to at least get third place. The guy in last with the UR was afk or something. He had 0 points.
I almost god wrecked by LONELIEST BABY in Normal lol. Only won 98 points with this song, I hope I won't play it too often.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I also have a question about that. If you want the skill up do you have to feed them to the one you want like in practice or do you have to fuse them in the idolize thingy. I still have like 6 unused R left.

edit: Great work on the gif i lolled. btw i never heard of macaroons i always see those macarons arround those are deliscious albeit a little expensive.
Also i would keep them appart. In the beginning of the game those cool points etc are more important then skill level. Also you get more hp then replacing them with an N so you can do more misses.

edit2: i found the solution it is just feeding instead of fusion.

Yeah, you feed them normally as if you are levelling them up.

I'm just wondering because I have extra Rare Honokas and of course she is the best Smile in the game, so having extras of her would make a better Smile team... but I wonder if the extra 400 or so points is worth the chance of having a higher level skill.

m0t0k1

Yeah, you feed them normally as if you are levelling them up.

I'm just wondering because I have extra Rare Honokas and of course she is the best Smile in the game, so having extras of her would make a better Smile team... but I wonder if the extra 400 or so points is worth the chance of having a higher level skill.

I just leveled up my skills and the 1 level does not make a lot of difference. Some for example had after 15 perfects there is a 36% chance to get score up changed after the skill up to after 15 perfects there is a 38% change to get score up. And those score up bonuses are pretty minimal like 400 points added to your score. So it is not really worth it on R cards. The difference with idolizing is also later felt. your max level just raised 20 levels. an increase is like 20 points on average so 20*20= indeed the 400 extra points like you said but if you have 2 honakas you will have more then 400 extra points maybe 2500-400 is 2100 extra points. Spreading characters is always better in this game unless you already have a powerful team.

PewPewK

I've been experimenting with photoshop and made this. The despair is real.

ibpM7z76AvP6XO.gif

Haha, but at this point I'd be happy with more rares so I wouldn't be too disappointed.

I just leveled up my skills and the 1 level does not make a lot of difference. Some for example had after 15 perfects there is a 36% chance to get score up changed after the skill up to after 15 perfects there is a 38% change to get score up. And those score up bonuses are pretty minimal like 400 points added to your score. So it is not really worth it on R cards. The difference with idolizing is also later felt. your max level just raised 20 levels. an increase is like 20 points on average so 20*20= indeed the 400 extra points like you said but if you have 2 honakas you will have more then 400 extra points maybe 2500-400 is 2100 extra points. Spreading characters is always better in this game unless you already have a powerful team.

How do you level up your skills? I've seen on the cards it says the level of the skill and the max, but I haven't figured it out.

Yui

How do you level up your skills? I've seen on the cards it says the level of the skill and the max, but I haven't figured it out.

If a character converted into experience points has the same skill AND skill level as the character being trained in regular lessons, the skill level of the character in training will level up by one level.
The skill MUST be the same and MUST be the same skill level. If the character being converted into experience points has a skill of a lower level, there is a chance that the skill level of the character being trained will not increase.

http://decaf.kouhi.me/lovelive/index.php?title=FAQ

@JP Event:

I love Score Matches but what's up with all those Smile songs...? I had one Cool song and all the other songs were Smile. :/
It's killing me since my Smile team is like the worst.

m0t0k1

Haha, but at this point I'd be happy with more rares so I wouldn't be too disappointed.

I found this on the wiki.
Question: How do I level up character skills?
Answer: The details are still not fully understood, but one method seems to be guaranteed: If a character converted into experience points has the same skill AND skill level as the character being trained in regular lessons, the skill level of the character in training will level up by one level. The skill MUST be the same and MUST be the same skill level. If the character being converted into experience points has a skill of a lower level, there is a chance that the skill level of the character being trained will not increase.

On my last post i said it is not really worth it if you don't have any spare R or higher. It is kinda like creating a motor for your car. If you want to go fast you need a lot of horse power but if both are equally fast it comes down to the skill of how well the mechanic did his fine tuning. So skills won't give any mega boosts but it can give you the edge.

Man i am loving pvp the songs are wrecking me but slowly i am getting used to them. I only finnished 3rd one time the rest of them i got last. Kinda feel like i am playing mario kart in that way :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got Wonderful Rush in score match. Only 1 guy managed to full combo it and he finished last.

The big flaw of this game, it doesn't necessarily reward skill. Not so bad when playing alone but sucks a bit in multiplayer.

I love Score Matches but what's up with all those Smile songs...? I had one Cool song and all the other songs were Smile. :/
It's killing me since my Smile team is like the worst.
I mostly had Cool songs but that's my worst team! The game must be doing it on purpose...

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Well, the thing is I already idolized that Honoka before. So I've gotten four of the same card. I already idolized her once, so now I have an idolized Honoka and two normal Honokas... Getting all these extras is kind of a pain, especially in the JP version where I'm constantly hitting the card limit.

m0t0k1

I am doing a recap of the awards and places and how to play those kind of events.

Score Match Round 9
Event Name: Score Match Round 9
Event Period: June 5th, 2014, 4PM JST - June 15th, 2014, 3PM JST
Main Event Prize: SR Rin

Time before the end of event:
t1402812000z0.png

Rules of the event:
To participate in the Score Matching event, enter the Event page through from the Home Screen (the event should be appropriately titled "Score Match"). In the center, there is a large button with the words &#12473;&#12467;&#12450;&#12510;&#12483;&#12481;&#12395;&#21442;&#21152;&#12377;&#12427;! Pressing this will bring you to a difficulty screen. The player chooses the difficulty and a random song from the regular set of songs will be selected of that difficulty. The player chooses the unit he or she wishes to use, then is placed into a waiting room with 3 other players. While waiting, pre-set chat phrases may be used to communicate with your fellow players. If a player finishes before all other players are finished (likely due to lag), they are once again placed into a waiting room and can exchange another set of pre-set phrases. (Players may do this during the results screen as well.)

After finishing the live stage, the players are ranked from 1st to 4th based on their score (although their combo record is shown too). Then event points are calculated (after gaining experience, kizuna, and gold like usual). Each difficulty has its own base amount of event points. The base number of points gets multiplied by multipliers depending on the player's score rank and placement compared to the other players. If the player fails the song, they gain a fixed amount of event points. See the tables below for details.

How the scoring works
eventscore0lpto.jpg

Score based on performance.

Expert × S × 1st = 408
Expert × A × 1st = 391
Expert × S × 2nd = 375
Expert × B × 1st = 374
Expert × A × 2nd = 360
Expert × C × 1st = 357
Expert × B × 2nd = 344
Expert × S × 3rd = 343
Expert × No × 1st = 340
Expert × C × 2nd = 328
Expert × A × 3rd = 328
Expert × S × 4th = 326
Expert × B × 3rd = 314
Expert × No × 2nd = 313
Expert × A × 4th = 313
Expert × C × 3rd = 300
Expert × B × 4th = 299
Expert × No × 3rd = 286
Expert × C × 4th = 286
Expert × No × 4th = 272
Hard × S × 1st = 245
Hard × A × 1st = 234
Hard × S × 2nd = 225
Hard × B × 1st = 224
Hard × A × 2nd = 216
Hard × C × 1st = 214
Hard × B × 2nd = 206
Hard × S × 3rd = 205
Hard × No × 1st = 204
Hard × C × 2nd = 197
Hard × A × 3rd = 197
Hard × S × 4th = 196
Hard × B × 3rd = 188
Hard × No × 2nd = 187
Hard × A × 4th = 187
Hard × C × 3rd = 180
Hard × B × 4th = 179
Hard × No × 3rd = 171
Hard × C × 4th = 171
Hard × No × 4th = 163
Normal × S × 1st = 134
Normal × A × 1st = 128
Normal × S × 2nd = 123
Normal × B × 1st = 122
Normal × A × 2nd = 118
Normal × C × 1st = 117
Normal × B × 2nd = 113
Normal × S × 3rd = 112
Normal × No × 1st = 111
Normal × C × 2nd = 107
Normal × A × 3rd = 107
Normal × S × 4th = 107
Normal × B × 3rd = 103
Normal × No × 2nd = 102
Normal × A × 4th = 102
Normal × C × 3rd = 98
Normal × B × 4th = 98
Normal × No × 3rd = 93
Normal × C × 4th = 93
Expert Fail = 91
Normal × No × 4th = 89
Hard Fail = 55
Easy × S × 1st = 54
Easy × A × 1st = 52
Easy × B × 1st = 50
Easy × S × 2nd = 50
Easy × A × 2nd = 48
Easy × C × 1st = 47
Easy × B × 2nd = 46
Easy × No × 1st = 45
Easy × S × 3rd = 45
Easy × C × 2nd = 43
Easy × A × 3rd = 43
Easy × S × 4th = 43
Easy × B × 3rd = 42
Easy × No × 2nd = 41
Easy × A × 4th = 41
Easy × C × 3rd = 40
Easy × B × 4th = 40
Easy × No × 3rd = 38
Easy × C × 4th = 38
Easy × No × 4th = 36
Normal Fail = 30
Easy Fail = 12

Event point awards:
Points Achieved Reward
20 pts 5000 G
100 pts 300 Friend Points
500 pts 1 Loveca Stone
1000 pts 5000 G
2000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
3000 pts 400 Friend Points
4500 pts Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
6000 pts 10000 G
8000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
10000 pts 15000 G
12500 pts R Alpaca
15000 pts 500 Friend Points
17500 pts RMiyama Satoko
20000 pts 20000 G
22500 pts 500 Friend Points
25000 pts SR Rin
27500 pts 750 Friend Points
30000 pts 25000 G
32500 pts 750 Friend Points
35000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
37500 pts 30000 G
40000 pts 750 Friend Points
42500 pts 1 Loveca Stone
45000 pts 40000 G
47500 pts 750 Friend Points
50000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
52500 pts 50000 G
55000 pts 1000 Friend Points
57500 pts 60000 G
60000 pts 2 Loveca Stones
64000 pts 1500 Friend Points
70000 pts 2 Loveca Stones
80000 pts 3 Loveca Stones

Event Point Ranking Awards
Event Rank Reward
1st - 6000th SR Rin x2
Kurobane Sakura (Smile)

2 Tickets
6001st - 30000th SR Rin x1
Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
1 Ticket

30001st - 72000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
1 Ticket
3 Loveca Stones

72001st - 150000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
1 Ticket
2 Loveca Stones

150001st - 270000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
4 Loveca Stones

270001st - 420000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
2 Loveca Stones

420001st - 600000th 1 Loveca Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom