• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get crashes every once in a while and I play on a Galaxy Note 3 (Android). It's only once gotten me to lose macaroons, every other crash was in the menus.

I wonder if its an android problem? I've had several crashes on the menu on my nexus 7 and a few after a song (and getting nothing as a result) on my Galaxy S3.

Hugstable

Banned
Hey how does everyone play the game? Do you guys play holding the phone and playing just with your 2 thumbs or do you set the phone/tablet down and play with all of your fingers. I've been playing with my thumbs while holding the phone, but I've seen some videos of people playing with all their fingers and was just wondering what preference everyone had.

Mokoi

Banned
I wonder if its an android problem? I've had several crashes on the menu on my nexus 7 and a few after a song (and getting nothing as a result) on my Galaxy S3.

Yeah I think it is an android problem. The game just crash as soon as I opened it. Using a galaxy s5

Hey how does everyone play the game? Do you guys play holding the phone and playing just with your 2 thumbs or do you set the phone/tablet down and play with all of your fingers. I've been playing with my thumbs while holding the phone, but I've seen some videos of people playing with all their fingers and was just wondering what preference everyone had.

Mostly play on a tablet so I lay it down on a table and tappy tappy with my index fingers. If I try using more fingers I just confuse myself and muff it up even more. It gets hard when there are consecutive notes on opposite sides of the screen that require two fingers.

Mokoi

Banned
Oh yeah check it out guys! I bought an alpaca.
It's not a horse

FkGITRTl.jpg

Xenocthul

The game has never crashed on me.(Motorola Atrix HD)

I hold my phone in my hands and use my thumbs.

tenton

With my phone, thumbs. With my tablet, on my lap usually (sometimes a table), using my index fingers. I'm much more accurate with my tablet; in fact, when the EN version gets the EX songs, I may have to change to having both EN and JP on my tablet.

PewPewK

So after Chapter 5, does the story just stop for now? I know the JP version is up to Chapter 19, so I'm just a little surprised we end so early on.

Also, after the event is over, what happens to the event song? Does it just disappear forever, or can we continue to play it?

tenton

Also, after the event is over, what happens to the event song? Does it just disappear forever, or can we continue to play it?

It will disappear for now, but will come back. It says so in the event notes, but we know that for the JP version, it was the song unlocked after Chapter 11, part 3.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Lots of gaffers in the top 100. I'm impressed! Grats guys. I'm still working my way up, i think I'm at 7k event points right now.

Damn that sucks. This seems to be happening a lot. For those who've had a crash(es), what device do you have?
I'm constantly quitting the reopening the app after three songs just in case. Been lucky so far that all crashes have been outside of songs.

I'm on iPhone. I think I should start doing that as well... but up until the event started, I haven't had any problems. It must be the server load or something to do with this competition stuff.

Well, at least the RNG gods paid me back with a Pure Kotori as my daily draw.

Markun

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but eh what the hell. I got a new smartphone (Galaxy S5) and for some reason the touchscreen stops reading my inputs for a few seconds every time there's a double hold note and when I'm holding a single hold note while pressing other notes. Is there any way to adjust the touchscreen so that this doesn't happen? I never had this problem when I was playing the game on my Nexus.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but eh what the hell. I got a new smartphone (Galaxy S5) and for some reason the touchscreen stops reading my inputs for a few seconds every time there's a double hold note and when I'm holding a single hold note while pressing other notes Is there any way to adjust the touchscreen so that this doesn't happen? I never had that problem when I was playing the game on my Nexus.

Same thing actually happens to be at times on my Note 3 during the event song at times. It like vibrates once and stops registering for like 2-3 second. I have no clue what it is, but it doesn't happen often, and when it does it's on the event song every time.

elhaym

I'm not quite sure if this is the right place to ask, but eh what the hell. I got a new smartphone (Galaxy S5) and for some reason the touchscreen stops reading my inputs for a few seconds every time there's a double hold note and when I'm holding a single hold note while pressing other notes Is there any way to adjust the touchscreen so that this doesn't happen? I never had that problem when I was playing the game on my Nexus.

I did have problems like that when I was trying to play on a Nexus 7 (2013) with a shitty, shitty screen. If you TRIED touching 2 places anywhere near the edge of the screen, the device went crazy and started detecting inputs everywhere.

Try downloading an app called Yet Another Multitouch Test and see if the input itself is getting cracked out.

Mokoi

Banned

Yeah I have the s5 to, and that was constantly happening to me. Try increasing touch screen sensitivity in the display settings. That help me somewhat just make sure to lightly tap the screen though. Although I'm pretty sure the problem is with the app.

Do you guys think the event leader board will slow down as soon as everyone gets their SR Kotori @ 11k points? I'm on track to get there before the event ends but I haven't broken into the top 1000 and I really want to get 2 SR Kotori if possible.

Do you guys think the event leader board will slow down as soon as everyone gets their SR Kotori @ 11k points? I'm on track to get there before the event ends but I haven't broken into the top 1000 and I really want to get 2 SR Kotori if possible.
I think it'll probably speed up as the days dwindle. That's usually how these social/F2P games go. Everyone waits until the last minute before the mad rush begins.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, the whales will come out in full force near the end. I expect the top 200 to be insane.

---

pBWEwT2l.jpg

This is my poverty Pure team. I'm not sure if I should start idolizing and use my Normals to fill the gaps or to just keep them like this though. It feels like a waste to spend points upgrading my dupes at the moment, but it feels like the Kizuna bonus (and healing, I guess) is better than just having the Normals around.

I've never played the jp ver, but I'm expecting 17-18k points cutoff minimum at rank 1000 given the leaderboards right now. Hopefully I'm wrong, but...

chrono01

Thankfully I don't need to be in the Top 200, although a third Kotori would be nice...

If I can manage Top 1000, for that second Kotori, I will be happy. I'm sitting at 9300 points now, and I'm hoping to hit 10,000 before the night is done, perhaps even more.

Mokoi

Banned
Yeah it's probably going to pick up a lot more once the final day draws near, and also I have seen this message way too much.

49lwGtwl.png

chrono01

Yeah it's probably going to pick up a lot more once the final day draws near, and also I have seen this message way too much.

49lwGtwl.png
:(

Mine has crashed [on iPhone 5S] a couple of times, but only at the menu screen [right after the song has finished]. I think it might have to do with congestion or something, but it does seem to be happening to those with Android OS more. Here's hoping they fix whatever it is, I can only imagine the frustration if it happens mid-song [after spending macaroons].

JoeFu

Banned
I wish my poverty pure was that good. My pure team is so garbage. I say keep them for now to max your score. Idolize after event.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wish my poverty pure was that good. My pure team is so garbage. I say keep them for now to max your score. Idolize after event.
I get the worst dupes though. :(

If you'll be able to get event Kotori without idolizing, wait til after the event imo

I assume those dupes beef up your pure stats
Well, the painting girl has better raw stats (2700 vs 2600), so my number would go up with them in the team. But of course, Normals only have 50 kizuna/bond bonus vs the 100 from Rares. I'm just not sure which is better from a scoring perspective.
But yeah, I hope I can reach the SR Kotori at least... then I can get rid of one of the Honokas.

Markun

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Mokoi's solution helped me. It's going to be real hard for me to get used to pressing lightly with my thumbs though, especially when I'm playing expert mode.

Hugstable

Banned
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Mokoi's solution helped me. It's going to be real hard for me to get used to pressing lightly with my thumbs though, especially when I'm playing expert mode.

Im gonna try it out right now, I just failed another event song because of it :-/

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ever since I Idolized Pure Nozomi, I can't stop staring at her Life. They are just so perfectly proportioned and positioned...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Its almost a little disheartening, play your ass off to get a Pure SR which will help your team a lot then the next event will be Cool

but we'll be ready for the next Pure event! whenever that will be
lol, yeah.

My cool team has the same problem as well too. Dupes that are shitter than my Normals. Not sure what to do there either. :(

Kumubou

I'm pretty sure firehawk12 is better off idolizing one of the R Honokas... The Pure R Honoka caps out at 3270, but untransformed she caps out at 3010, so the upgrade increases her Pure rating by 260. The highest N Pure card is Nagi at 2760, which is a drop off of 250 from Honoka untransformed. So you would gain 10 Pure points from transforming Honoka and filling the empty slot with Nagi. So it would be worth it in that specific situation, and that's before factoring in the score bonus you get for hitting max bond (which is only available for transformed cards?).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm pretty sure firehawk12 is better off idolizing one of the R Honokas... The Pure R Honoka caps out at 3270, but untransformed she caps out at 3010, so the upgrade increases her Pure rating by 260. The highest N Pure card is Nagi at 2760, which is a drop off of 250 from Honoka untransformed. So you would gain 10 Pure points from transforming Honoka and filling the empty slot with Nagi. So it would be worth it in that specific situation, and that's before factoring in the score bonus you get for hitting max bond (which is only available for transformed cards?).
Oh wait, I don't get the bonus for untransformed cards? That might change things.
Yeah, my two Nagis are capped which is why they're so high. I don't want to level up my dupes because it's a total waste of money/cards, so I'm not sure...

My Cool team is exactly the same:
PkmBDPcl.jpg

The normal girl (ponytail, since I don't know her name lol) is better than three of my Rares, but I'm not sure if it is better to have a team full of Rares or a team with higher raw score.

PewPewK

Oh wait, I don't get the bonus for untransformed cards? That might change things.
Yeah, my two Nagis are capped which is why they're so high. I don't want to level up my dupes because it's a total waste of money/cards, so I'm not sure...

My Cool team is exactly the same:
PkmBDPcl.jpg

The normal girl (ponytail, since I don't know her name lol) is better than three of my Rares, but I'm not sure if it is better to have a team full of Rares or a team with higher raw score.

Not sure, because the rares have their special skill that activates, so only way to find out is to test both. Easier said than done.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The Pures is a bit easier because all the skill procs are healing (and that's not really a problem for the songs that are in the game currently).

The Cools is a bit difficult because all the procs are 200 points at various conditions. Ah well. lol

Also, I encountered Drax@gaf as a random pick up. Small world!

And I just encountered Aytrial! Maybe because random pick ups are chosen from the friend list of our friends?
Hanayo is the best Nico
This. Even Nico realized it in this episode and was jealous of Hanayo.
I wondered too after seeing these videos. But playing with all my fingers didn't really work out for me so I keep using my thumbs. It's good enough for now.
No, you will get a small bonus for every song but you won't be able to choose a friend and you won't get any FP from friends.
Huho, that won't help me make good scores.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wondered too after seeing these videos. But playing with all my fingers didn't really work out for me so I keep using my thumbs. It's good enough for now.
So far the only songs I haven't been able to S-rank are Wild Stars and the two songs after that. It's the holds + do something really fast on the other hand that makes thumb play a bit difficult. :(

Reknoc

maxed all but 1 cool N and i seem to have fed her away at some point by accident bah :( at least its the telescope girl so i'm guaranteed plenty of her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom