• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

elhaym

Not the best draw... not the worst... BTW - JP ID is 927912514, Crescens on there too.

BpS0oYiIYAA_Cov.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
any beginner tips? This is really intimidating when you start. four different currencies (LP, macarons, hearts, gold), icons everywhere, talking about practice which just seems like throwing characters away to level up other characters but no information on how to pick good ones.

I can do the initial songs using LP, and just did one using macarons, but then what?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
any beginner tips? This is really intimidating when you start. four different currencies (LP, macarons, hearts, gold), icons everywhere, talking about practice which just seems like throwing characters away to level up other characters but no information on how to pick good ones.

I can do the initial songs using LP, and just did one using macarons, but then what?

Well the macaroons are for the event that is happening right now. The idea is to collect macaroons in the standards song and then use them to play the even song (the B side) to collect event points. Since you are just starting you can probably ignore this as you need to unlock more songs to really make the best progress in this.

Gold is used for leveling up in practice mode. It really is using spare idols to level up others.
Lovegems (hearts) are the in-app payment currency which is why they are rarer. They are used to scout rare cards.
Friendpoints are used to scout standard level cards (the ones you win at the end of a song).
LP is your life points. As you may notice playing a song drains this. You can refill it using a Lovegem or just wait for it to slowly fill up. The other aspect of this being a F2P game.

I'd suggest playing songs and fulfilling the mission quotes seen on the home page.

Hugstable

Banned

Also hold on to your Loveca! They don't come very often after you have been playing for awhile so enjoy all the ones you will be getting! They have a 10+1 draw and there is supposed to be Guaranteed SR draws in later events that will happen.

I've been thinking all you who have got event Kotori already are kinda crazy but I now I wish I had hurried to get her what with the Rin event starting today in jp

RIN EVENT!! OMG! Sadly I may not be able to close out under rank 100 for the Kotori event since I'm gonna be gone during this weekend and probably won't have to time to play :(. Then again I will be back on the night of the 8th so that should give me a whole good day to make sure I stay under 200 overall. Probably gonna have to use Loveca for timers though -_-.

Your quote is linking to another thread. This is weirding me out!
I failed while quoting and probably didn't fix it correctly. Ho well, as long as it doesn't break NeoGAF
I've been thinking all you who have got event Kotori already are kinda crazy but I now I wish I had hurried to get her what with the Rin event starting today in jp
Man, I'll have to manage 2 events at the same time. This will be tough, goodbye sleep!
And I'll probably fail the Rin event with my weak teams... T_T

Hugstable

Banned
Morning Love Live GAF!

Team Nico-Ni of course! I still have room on my friend list if anyone wants to add me.

Never heard of this game before so I looked it up...

3QLCer0.png

However, I'm intrigued. I do like my strategy card games... >_>

Ha the game part looks interesting... but dat rub :-/.

I think the next Vita game I'm buying is Project Diva F, but I'll be keeping my eye on this game if it's any fun outside of the rubbing lol.

Aytrial

Project Diva is the reason why I didn't have much difficulty adjusting to this game.

An English release of F 2nd is due later this year, so it's not a bad time to get on board.

m0t0k1

Decided to use some of those macarons since i will be playing the jpn version more because the comptition is way more fierce there. climbed from high 6k to low 5k man i might just really get into the top 1000 i still have 900 macarons left.

I imported f 2nd and it's a lot of fun. Scratch notes are hard to get used to coming from the ps3 version the first diva f. Probably the most time spent on my Vita is with Miku.

There is also a demo available on ps3 and vita if you want to try it first.

Hugstable

Banned
Project Diva is the reason why I didn't have much difficulty adjusting to this game.

An English release of F 2nd is due later this year, so it's not a bad time to get on board.

Yeah you mentioned the game to me in the chat the other day, and I downloaded the demo and have been playing it quite a bit during downtime for LP recharges on LL. Gonna be buying it once I get back this weekend and I honestly can't wait, I've gotten really good at all the songs in the demo on the normal and I want more! It's really fun, and I got good at World's End Dance Hall to where I don't really need to know where the notes are going, just what button I gotta press and the rhythm of the music.

Aytrial

I imported f 2nd and it's a lot of fun. Scratch notes are hard to get used to coming from the ps3 version the first diva f. Probably the most time spent on my Vita is with Miku.

I hate the Hold Star Notes that they introduced in F 2nd. There's absolutely no way to anticipate their speed unless you actually memorise the song itself, which I feel was an extremely bad design choice.

Yeah you mentioned the game to me in the chat the other day, and I downloaded the demo and have been playing it quite a bit during downtime for LP recharges on LL. Gonna be buying it once I get back this weekend and I honestly can't wait, I've gotten really good at all the songs in the demo on the normal and I want more! It's really fun, and I got good at World's End Dance Hall to where I don't really need to know where the notes are going, just what button I gotta press and the rhythm of the music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM2K76L-24o

Hugstable

Banned
I hate the Hold Star Notes that they introduced in F 2nd. There's absolutely no way to anticipate their speed unless you actually memorise the song itself, which I feel was an extremely bad design choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM2K76L-24o

Wow that looks insane! God damn my Vita Buttons are gonna hate this game. I can't wait to pick Project Diva F this weekend now. I downloaded demos for both Vita and PS3 and I think I prefer the Vita version as it's harder to see all the notes coming on my big screen, but it's perfect on my Vita. Plus I like using the scratch for stars the way Vita does it instead of PS3 wiggling the stick.

Strangely enough, my Love Live rhythm skills translated well into the Kirby Triple Deluxe Rhythm game also with Dedede. Beat the first 3 stages last night without much problem, except for a bit of that third one. Got Platinums on the first 3 and now working on that 4th level on my LP downtime haha.

I'll be sure to do my best! During the first days at least. Then, I'll see if I really have a chance.

You can also use the sticks on the Vita for the scratch notes so it shouldn't be a problem.

I know I read this somewhere but I was too lazy to figure out how. I'm used to scratchy scratchy on the screen so I don't think I'll bother switching to the sticks now.

Hugstable

Banned
I know I read this somewhere but I was too lazy to figure out how. I'm used to scratchy scratchy on the screen so I don't think I'll bother switching to the sticks now.

Since I played the Vita version first, it was the PS3 using the sticks to scratch that threw me off and I still can't get the timing right. Rubbing the screen though works perfect everytime for me on the Vita version. Probably just a matter of which version/style you get used to first.

Anyway, I have a question about a quirk - which may not be so much as a quirk, but a silly design choice that I fear.

Why can I not idolize the level 40 Maki? It works the other way round, with the version that I haven't leveled. Is it simply a case of having to do it at level 1? If so, why!?
People are saying team, but the real reason is that you cannot get rid of someone who is your favorite. Your level 1 is a favorite and your lvl 40 is not a favorite.

I was always scared of scratching my screen (these star notes are crazy in Extreme) so I'm glad they added the possibility to use the sticks in F 2nd.
Extreme and even hard some times is fucking crazy on project diva. Can't deal with that.
Well, with enough practice, it's very doable and enjoyable. The good thing is that, contrary to Love Live, you can practice as much as you want. :p

tafer

that double note spam in Wonderful Rush totally overwhelmed me at first but now it's a piece of cake

Same here, I find more dangerous the long period that follows since it does some "unexpected" changes that caught me off guard/distracted a few times.

Hugstable

Banned
Its my favorite song to play once you get into that flow you won't let go of the perfects. But for me all songs are easy to full combo in the english version since i played the jpn version a lot.

Yeah I went and played Soldier Game daily on Hard on the JP version today and my goodness! I actually almost made it to the end too which tripped me out since I'm still like rank 5 in that game with only 2 rares. I wanted to try the song, but nothing could prepare me for what came. I actually got used to it which is probably why I lasted until near the end, but I still ended up failing.

that double note spam in Wonderful Rush totally overwhelmed me at first but now it's a piece of cake

Same, now I full combo the song like everytime. Wonderful Rush and the event song got me good at picking out the double notes when they start coming together really fast.

fek

I used the back touch in the first diva f, for the 2nd I got used to the front screen.
Can't beat many songs on extreme too, but it's a great game even on hard and the song list is so good in 2nd.

To stay on topic, I missed some LP yesterday, I think I will need to use some love gems for the Kotori event to stay in the top 1000 now.

Hugstable

Banned
I used the back touch in the first diva f, for the 2nd I got used to the front screen.
Can't beat many songs on extreme too, but it's a great game even on hard and the song list is so good in 2nd.

To stay on topic, I missed some LP yesterday, I think I will need to use some love gems for the Kotori event to stay in the top 1000 now.

Wait... you can use the back touchpad also to scratch!?!? I gotta test this out

m0t0k1

Yeah I went and played Soldier Game daily on Hard on the JP version today and my goodness! I actually almost made it to the end too which tripped me out since I'm still like rank 5 in that game with only 2 rares. I wanted to try the song, but nothing could prepare me for what came. I actually got used to it which is probably why I lasted until near the end, but I still ended up failing.

Same, now I full combo the song like everytime. Wonderful Rush and the event song got me good at picking out the double notes when they start coming together really fast.

I really hate short note holds so wild stars is my most hated song i just can't S it. I do have 4 SR in the jpn version + a lot of rare's so i can do the songs pretty good i even have a full recovery team with al 9 characters giving hp back so i can do a lot of practice with that team.

elhaym

Soldier Game has always kinda tripped me up. The current EX version can go DIAF...

I just experienced my first rhythm-induced trance with Love Live. :-D
Finally FC'd the Hard event song and the part after these damn short holds was very intense!
These short holds are evil, I don't want to see them again...

Hugstable

Banned
I really hate short note holds so wild stars is my most hated song i just can't S it. I do have 4 SR in the jpn version + a lot of rare's so i can do the songs pretty good i even have a full recovery team with al 9 characters giving hp back so i can do a lot of practice with that team.

I hate those short hold notes with a passion. They are the only thing keeping me from full comboing the event song at this point when those 3 come out that are super short. They trip me up everytime and I can't seem to get the timing down for the release on them, I hit every other note just fine in the song everytime except for those 3.

m0t0k1

I hate those short hold notes with a passion. They are the only thing keeping me from full comboing the event song at this point when those 3 come out that are super short. They trip me up everytime and I can't seem to get the timing down for the release on them, I hit every other note just fine in the song everytime except for those 3.

I even haven't played the event song on hard yet. I have been min maxing like crazy only did the normal song like 20 times. If i fc i can get an S rank in the song and in the combo that is how shit my pure team is. Not risk losing a lot of points by doing hard. But once i get that Kotori i will try it to do on hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom