• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey how does everyone play the game? Do you guys play holding the phone and playing just with your 2 thumbs or do you set the phone/tablet down and play with all of your fingers. I've been playing with my thumbs while holding the phone, but I've seen some videos of people playing with all their fingers and was just wondering what preference everyone had.

I tried it on my phone with my thumbs but I hate it.I play on my ipad with it either sitting on a table or in my lap depending on where I am, and I use one finger per hand.

Bought 23 gems. I feel like I've had enough fun with this game that it's justified.

DLBchcH.png

Ech.

m0t0k1

Bought 23 gems. I feel like I've had enough fun with this game that it's justified.

Ech.

At least you can create an idolized Kotori if you play the event well :p. I still have 900 macarons to spend so if i play my card right i should have that kotori in about 2 days.

I have updated the op and because the explanation was on the end of last page a repost of the japanese event for the new page.
I am doing a recap of the awards and places and how to play those kind of events.

Score Match Round 9
Event Name: Score Match Round 9
Event Period: June 5th, 2014, 4PM JST - June 15th, 2014, 3PM JST
Main Event Prize: SR Rin

Time before the end of event:
t1402812000z0.png

Rules of the event:
To participate in the Score Matching event, enter the Event page through from the Home Screen (the event should be appropriately titled "Score Match"). In the center, there is a large button with the words スコアマッチに参加する! Pressing this will bring you to a difficulty screen. The player chooses the difficulty and a random song from the regular set of songs will be selected of that difficulty. The player chooses the unit he or she wishes to use, then is placed into a waiting room with 3 other players. While waiting, pre-set chat phrases may be used to communicate with your fellow players. If a player finishes before all other players are finished (likely due to lag), they are once again placed into a waiting room and can exchange another set of pre-set phrases. (Players may do this during the results screen as well.)

After finishing the live stage, the players are ranked from 1st to 4th based on their score (although their combo record is shown too). Then event points are calculated (after gaining experience, kizuna, and gold like usual). Each difficulty has its own base amount of event points. The base number of points gets multiplied by multipliers depending on the player's score rank and placement compared to the other players. If the player fails the song, they gain a fixed amount of event points. See the tables below for details.

How the scoring works
eventscore0lpto.jpg

Score based on performance.

Expert × S × 1st = 408
Expert × A × 1st = 391
Expert × S × 2nd = 375
Expert × B × 1st = 374
Expert × A × 2nd = 360
Expert × C × 1st = 357
Expert × B × 2nd = 344
Expert × S × 3rd = 343
Expert × No × 1st = 340
Expert × C × 2nd = 328
Expert × A × 3rd = 328
Expert × S × 4th = 326
Expert × B × 3rd = 314
Expert × No × 2nd = 313
Expert × A × 4th = 313
Expert × C × 3rd = 300
Expert × B × 4th = 299
Expert × No × 3rd = 286
Expert × C × 4th = 286
Expert × No × 4th = 272
Hard × S × 1st = 245
Hard × A × 1st = 234
Hard × S × 2nd = 225
Hard × B × 1st = 224
Hard × A × 2nd = 216
Hard × C × 1st = 214
Hard × B × 2nd = 206
Hard × S × 3rd = 205
Hard × No × 1st = 204
Hard × C × 2nd = 197
Hard × A × 3rd = 197
Hard × S × 4th = 196
Hard × B × 3rd = 188
Hard × No × 2nd = 187
Hard × A × 4th = 187
Hard × C × 3rd = 180
Hard × B × 4th = 179
Hard × No × 3rd = 171
Hard × C × 4th = 171
Hard × No × 4th = 163
Normal × S × 1st = 134
Normal × A × 1st = 128
Normal × S × 2nd = 123
Normal × B × 1st = 122
Normal × A × 2nd = 118
Normal × C × 1st = 117
Normal × B × 2nd = 113
Normal × S × 3rd = 112
Normal × No × 1st = 111
Normal × C × 2nd = 107
Normal × A × 3rd = 107
Normal × S × 4th = 107
Normal × B × 3rd = 103
Normal × No × 2nd = 102
Normal × A × 4th = 102
Normal × C × 3rd = 98
Normal × B × 4th = 98
Normal × No × 3rd = 93
Normal × C × 4th = 93
Expert Fail = 91
Normal × No × 4th = 89
Hard Fail = 55
Easy × S × 1st = 54
Easy × A × 1st = 52
Easy × B × 1st = 50
Easy × S × 2nd = 50
Easy × A × 2nd = 48
Easy × C × 1st = 47
Easy × B × 2nd = 46
Easy × No × 1st = 45
Easy × S × 3rd = 45
Easy × C × 2nd = 43
Easy × A × 3rd = 43
Easy × S × 4th = 43
Easy × B × 3rd = 42
Easy × No × 2nd = 41
Easy × A × 4th = 41
Easy × C × 3rd = 40
Easy × B × 4th = 40
Easy × No × 3rd = 38
Easy × C × 4th = 38
Easy × No × 4th = 36
Normal Fail = 30
Easy Fail = 12

Event point awards:
Points Achieved Reward
20 pts 5000 G
100 pts 300 Friend Points
500 pts 1 Loveca Stone
1000 pts 5000 G
2000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
3000 pts 400 Friend Points
4500 pts Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
6000 pts 10000 G
8000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
10000 pts 15000 G
12500 pts R Alpaca
15000 pts 500 Friend Points
17500 pts RMiyama Satoko
20000 pts 20000 G
22500 pts 500 Friend Points
25000 pts SR Rin
27500 pts 750 Friend Points
30000 pts 25000 G
32500 pts 750 Friend Points
35000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
37500 pts 30000 G
40000 pts 750 Friend Points
42500 pts 1 Loveca Stone
45000 pts 40000 G
47500 pts 750 Friend Points
50000 pts 1 Loveca Stone
52500 pts 50000 G
55000 pts 1000 Friend Points
57500 pts 60000 G
60000 pts 2 Loveca Stones
64000 pts 1500 Friend Points
70000 pts 2 Loveca Stones
80000 pts 3 Loveca Stones

Event Point Ranking Awards
Event Rank Reward
1st - 6000th SR Rin x2
Kurobane Sakura (Smile)

2 Tickets
6001st - 30000th SR Rin x1
Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
1 Ticket

30001st - 72000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
1 Ticket
3 Loveca Stones

72001st - 150000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
1 Ticket
2 Loveca Stones

150001st - 270000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
4 Loveca Stones

270001st - 420000th Kurobane Sakura (Smile)
2 Loveca Stones

420001st - 600000th 1 Loveca Stone

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I wish I could read traditional. I wonder if they're planning to do something for iOS people who just joined the game mid event:

Anyway, if you be crazy enough to join me in my TW adventure, my id there is 180385532. lol

m0t0k1

I was finally first ;_;

Was so scared I was gonna mess up the combo

Ran out of all my LP now just another 4th place. Guess they really match you up with players arround the same rank. Did not get that much destroyed last event but i have the great luck of encoutering people who are in the top 1000 in the rankings etc. I should check the wiki.

Yui

Guess they really match you up with players arround the same rank.

They do. The matchmaking takes your teamscores and how well you are doing in the event into consideration. At least that's my experience and looking at the result screens of holysan I'm sure of it.
I haven't seen people fail a song for like 2 events now.

m0t0k1

They do. The matchmaking takes your teamscores and how well you are doing in the event into consideration. At least that's my experience and looking at the result screens of holysan I'm sure of it.

I should use my weak ass idolized N team then :p. Guess i have been really unlucky then i am in at rank 100.000 and had to fight guys in between top 10.000 and 1000. I try to screencap next time i encouter them. Also congratz on becomming a member :D My post count wasnt that high also until i created this thread :lol

Yui

Guess i have been really unlucky then i am in at rank 100.000 and had to fight guys in between top 10.000 and 1000.

Well the event just started and you can jump 80k ranks by playing like 5 songs. And people with a high rank in the event just played more songs aka spend some Loveca, that's no indication of their team scores.

holysan

Good thing that I still get level ups frequently, so I’m able to play fairly often.

5x Wild Stars
3x Wonderful Rush
3x 2nd Season OP
2x Cutie Panther
2x 僕らは今のなかで
1x Loneliest Baby

There surely must be songs with a higher/lower appearance chance.

JoeFu

Banned
Just played Wild Stars for the first time ever on hard in the score match. Pretty fun song. Almost got a FC. The long hold plus short hold thing threw me off. I don't think I can get first on anything because I can barely get Bs lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Can't play because I'm stuck in a meeting. I can feel my LP going to waste with each passing second... T_T

Tell me about it. Worst thing, it happened while I was playing a song so I got a transmission error at the end. Will have to wait till I get back home to see the damage. Worst thing is I just leveled up. D:

Watched yesterday te first two episodes of season 2. Apart of the, in my opinion, a little forced drama in episode 1, all was good and fun. Even Hanayo did hes nerdy stance which makes her a better character.

But without a doubt best thing was the first song, the A goofy movie musical bit at the beggining of the first episode. SO GOOOOOOD, I would if the whole series had those type of songs and dances like in a disney musical. Also probably the best animated bit in the whole series up to season 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP7siv4Org4
Japanese High School Musical indeed.

I wonder if there are any animes that have disney type musicals on them, mmmm.

I wonder if its an android problem? I've had several crashes on the menu on my nexus 7 and a few after a song (and getting nothing as a result) on my Galaxy S3.

Yeah I think it is an android problem. The game just crash as soon as I opened it. Using a galaxy s5

Nah, it happens also on iphone.
The only way I have solved the problem is switching off the game every time I change songs (so if I go from LP to macaron songs). Also if you go and watch the event menu, is good if you switch off also the game, because that change of music to the live menus is the one that has more problems. Also switching the game off every time you finish a session is a good way to have your app crashfree.

Havent had a crash since ive been using that method (only once or twice in the menus when I didnt follow my own rules).

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I accidentally wrote Ryu instead of Ryo. Sorry. He is a character in iDOLM@STER DS that is a boy disguised as a girl.

m0t0k1

Well the event just started and you can jump 80k ranks by playing like 5 songs. And people with a high rank in the event just played more songs aka spend some Loveca, that's no indication of their team scores.

i guess you are right i always have to go up against SR characters.

i love western musicals, i wonder if japanese ones would be any good

See for yourself. Although Phoenix wright is a female in the musical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNlUg1bo3nU

Man this game just love to see me get wrecked.
It is always cutie panther. I feel like that song belongs in the expert section.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Finally S/S'd the event song on hard which felt good! But then did two 10+1 loveca draws and only got one SR... The despair is real. Really, really real.

Edit: That puts me at
UR: 1
SR: 1
R: 31

If we're still counting.

m0t0k1

and beaten by people with lower combos :(

I still haven't played Cutie Panther yet

I did a total of 5 songs of them and out of those 5 times i got 3 time cutie panther. 1 time second op. and 1 time a song i am really good at wonderful rush and then a friend decided to send me a bucketload of whatsapp messages. So the games slowes down then and wrecked my combo. This game can even ruin friendships!!!

Cutie Panther has become one of my favorite songs!
Desite Nico.

I really like it as a song. But i am not used to the beatmap of the song yet since this is the first time i played this song.

Mokoi

Banned
Finally S/S'd the event song on hard which felt good! But then did two 10+1 loveca draws and only got one SR... The despair is real. Really, really real.

Lucky I played the event song so many times already, and haven't full combo once.

Cutie Panther has become one of my favorite songs!
Desite Nico.

Cutie Panther is a great song. Played the second song on the cutie phanter cd and got wrecked.
W9dcDH1l.png

m0t0k1

Lucky I played the event song so many times already, and haven't full combo once.

Cutie Panther is a great song. Played the second song on the cutie phanter cd and got wrecked.
W9dcDH1l.png

Most sad part is the guy with the shittest combo won and it wasnt even close.

m0t0k1

They have to have one bad singer per sub-unit, if BiBi had Umi instead of Nico it would be way unfair

At least we have soldier game.

This guy... I seriously respect his dedication to Hanayo.

https://twitter.com/Siroap/status/474170379183738880

Thankfully, we got interrupted by someone so I was able to sneak out and play a few songs.

Man that is some dedication. He could start his own merch shop he has like 100 spare of everything :lol. I am out of lp again waiting game starts.... I have to wait 5 hours for it to fully recharge. Level ups dont happen that frequent anymore and i have to get 1100xp to level up.

Hugstable

Banned
At least we have soldier game.

Man that is some dedication. He could start his own merch shop he has like 100 spare of everything :lol. I am out of lp again waiting game starts.... I have to wait 5 hours for it to fully recharge. Level ups dont happen that frequent anymore and i have to get 1100xp to level up.

Dang Soldier Game has all the best girls minus Rin and Nozomi <3. I've actually started warming up a bit to Nico a tiny bit now that I've been watching the show and some of the music videos, still not a fan of Honoka though

Which reminds me, I gotta find a place where I can stream or buy some of the Love Live songs to fill my 7 hour drive today. Youtube is probably my best bet, but since I'm driving it might get annoying to change songs.

froliq

Dang Soldier Game has all the best girls minus Rin and Nozomi <3. I've actually started warming up a bit to Nico a tiny bit now that I've been watching the show and some of the music videos, still not a fan of Honoka though

Which reminds me, I gotta find a place where I can stream or buy some of the Love Live songs to fill my 7 hour drive today. Youtube is probably my best bet, but since I'm driving it might get annoying to change songs.

https://itunes.apple.com/jp/artist/ms/id411582529?

m0t0k1

Cutie Panther wasn't too bad, I got 2nd place, the end is a little tricky but I messed up in the middle on a hold note, got super close to S ranking it too

Good job. As you can see not everybody is that good i think i can do the same if i practice the song a bit. But its a real step up compared to the hards on the english version.

edit: On the itunes page it says optimised for iphone 5 but is compatible with ipod above ios 5.1 also. So you can always try to see if works. base game isnt that big only a 42mb download.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/school-idol-festival/id834030294?mt=8

JoeFu

Banned
I somehow keep getting second place. The color of your team matters for this right? How come so many people aren't using teams the same color of the song?

Yui

I somehow keep getting second place. The color of your team matters for this right? How come so many people aren't using teams the same color of the song?

You won't see the team they are actually using you will always see their main team.

m0t0k1

It helps with the multiplier of the notes so if it is a green guy with a green note you will get 1.1x times the score for that note. But a team of SR is for example way stronger then a green R team so that throws the multiplier out of the window and still get a higher score.

edit: or what yui says :p

JoeFu

Banned
I got first on a song yaaaay

It was normal Wonder Rush. Was trying my hardest not to fall asleep during that song haha

Mokoi

Banned
Good job. As you can see not everybody is that good i think i can do the same if i practice the song a bit. But its a real step up compared to the hards on the english version.

Playing on hard is so much fun. Although I still can't comprehend how some people are able to FC them. Even with practicing the song a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom