• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yui

I get that you see the other players main team but you see the center of your team you just used right? Because my main team has my UR Eli as leader just wondering it doesn't matter ofc

Right, you will always see the leader of the team you use for this song. But other people will see your main leader.

m0t0k1

Doesn't work Install but the game doesn't open. :(

what version of ios are you on? Did you jailbreak it because on android if you root your phone the game stops working.

I get that you see the other players main team but you see the center of your team you just used right? Because my main team has my UR Eli as leader just wondering it doesn't matter ofc

I still dread seeing Bokutachi Kiseki come up though

Yeah my main team is not the SR honoka but other people see that I guess they just get to see the main you picked for that song. My main team has SR eli at the centre.
I did not get Kiseki. Did another game and guess what another cutie panther ;/ this time i manage to do a 120 combo so its getting better.

Playing on hard is so much fun. Although I still can't comprehend how some people are able to FC them. Even with practicing the song a lot.

Me neither. i guess they have invested a lot of time in this game and rhythm games overall.

holysan

Couldn’t resist so I used some loveca in the JP version.

R – R – R – R

So happy.

f4a6dT7.jpg

Wow, I have an Android device running CM too and the exact same thing happened to me during lunch break. Weird...
I had already saved the recovery codes so I was probably less stressed than you by all this. :p

m0t0k1

May be is the Jailbreak i will update to 6.1.5

Be carefull when updating. I have an old ipod 3g and updating it to the later firmwares made my ipod really slow. So i would advise just removing the jailbreak. Or maybe there is an app in cydia that can hide your jailbreak or something. It is also crazy seeing that guy in your avatar. I have never expected somebody on gaf using him. I have seen that guy a couple of times in my life when he was performing. i believe he lost some weight when he hit puberty good for him.

yes good people will be jealous of my Eli

look out for Kiseki! I think its the toughest out of the song pool

Man i am really excited to play that. I can do complete some expert songs so i should be kind of safe :p

DiGiKerot

Well, that's me having got my event SR Kotori. Unfortunately, as a side effect, I seem to have lost my ability to FC sweet&sweet holiday. This is pretty annoying, because I reckon team improvements would give me another good 5-8k ontop of my current score if I could combo the whole run. Ho-hum.

I'll probably save my Macarons until after I've gotten close to maxing out Kotori's level, though. May as well wait until I'm more likely to land a score that'll keep me in the good Event Song ranking slots, even if I am still comfortably within the top 200 right now (although I can see a couple of you guys on the same Song Ranking page as me at the moment!)

Oh, and since I keep forgetting to mention it, my ID is 648692714. Plenty of room on my friends list by my reckoning. Also Nico-Nico-Ni for life, yo.

tenton

Man, go to bed and wake up, what's waiting for me?

EN event: Barely in the top 200 when I go to bed, just slightly out of the top 200 when I wake up.

JP event: Climbed up to the 890s before going to bed (required 2x 1st places and 1 x 2nd place in the EX songs, plus a 4th place). Wake up, in the mid 150ks. :p

Now, I know that most of the EN players were asleep with me and that's not fair, when the JP event just started and the bulk of the players would have been all awake while I slept, but still...I don't think there's anything I can do that would make me drop over 150k places overnight in the EN version like that. :p Gotta spend the stones if you want to hang in JP.

Edit: Looks like Rin is running slightly slower than the Umi event, primarily because of the bump from 25,000th place to 30,000th place being the cutoff for the 2nd SR card. Very rough estimate of 64.5k needed for that 2nd card. Don't let the number scare you; Score Match scores WAY higher than token events. It feels like I use the same amount of stones to compete in each event.

elhaym

My Android device is actually a HP Touchpad running CM. Let's just say suddenly it wouldn't read my sd card partition and there was no way to access it. Luckily I fluked my way into fixing it. lol

Oy, I was playing on a Touchpad for a while and it had some terrible lag at points... Made it really hard to play any of the songs that involved complex charts. :|

Rekwest

Be carefull when updating. I have an old ipod 3g and updating it to the later firmwares made my ipod really slow. So i would advise just removing the jailbreak. Or maybe there is an app in cydia that can hide your jailbreak or something.
Thanks i will try that first.

tafer

For those interested, the annoying crashes stopped when I uninstalled an reinstalled the game.

Just in case, iphone 5s no data was lost.

m0t0k1

Man, go to bed and wake up, what's waiting for me?

EN event: Barely in the top 200 when I go to bed, just slightly out of the top 200 when I wake up.

JP event: Climbed up to the 890s before going to bed (required 2x 1st places and 1 x 2nd place in the EX songs, plus a 4th place). Wake up, in the mid 150ks. :p

Now, I know that most of the EN players were asleep with me and that's not fair, when the JP event just started and the bulk of the players would have been all awake while I slept, but still...I don't think there's anything I can do that would make me drop over 150k places overnight in the EN version like that. :p Gotta spend the stones if you want to hang in JP.

Edit: Looks like Rin is running slightly slower than the Umi event, primarily because of the bump from 25,000th place to 30,000th place being the cutoff for the 2nd SR card. Very rough estimate of 64.5k needed for that 2nd card. Don't let the number scare you; Score Match scores WAY higher than token events. It feels like I use the same amount of stones to compete in each event.

I still have nightmares from the umi event. It was truly ruthless. The drops where real and stil real now. I started good arround the 50k rank and keeping it there but at the end of the event i kept slipping and slipping and went back to arround 200k. I don;t think i am going to reach that 64,5k though since i rarely level up these days and the wait for lp to recharge is long. But i want to save my stones for a 10+1 draw. The kotori i am doing pretty good. i am at rank 3500 now and about 6500 points and about 1000 macarons left to use.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oy, I was playing on a Touchpad for a while and it had some terrible lag at points... Made it really hard to play any of the songs that involved complex charts. :|
Funny enough, the lag makes it a bit easier to see some of the notes in the harder JP songs. lol
I was trying the Touchpad version to try my hand another another free draw and to see how I feel about finger vs thumb play, but I am almost invested in this account now. Of course, playing two versions of the game is probably enough that I don't need to add another one...

Wow, I have an Android device running CM too and the exact same thing happened to me during lunch break. Weird...
I had already saved the recovery codes so I was probably less stressed than you by all this. :p
scary, I've got my codes screenshotted, might wrote them down somewhere to be extra safe...
I've emailed the codes to myself and have it in a special mail folder. I do know someone whose device died and they lost EVERYTHING.
I always make backups after something bad happens. You think I'd learn by now. lol

Hachitora

Sup guys. I'm a bit late to the party (Gaf didn't validate my account until now), but I'm ready to join in the despair!

ID: 675224751

I got the SR Kotori card yesterday, now I'm just trying to stay in the top 1,000. I kept losing my spot in the top 200, so I've kinda just given up at this point =w=

what song is it? can't read the japanese text.
It's Kimi no Kuse ni

Aytrial

Sup guys. I'm a bit late to the party (Gaf didn't validate my account until now), but I'm ready to join in the despair!

I got the SR Kotori card yesterday, now I'm just trying to stay in the top 1,000. I kept losing my spot in the top 200, so I've kinda just given up at this point =w=
Hi there!

I feel sorry for 4th place.

Lost to guys who got less than half his combo.
The same thing already happened to me too many times. I hate my weak teams.
No way, I'll always love my idols, even if they suck.

Welcome!
And you shouldn't give up. Instead, go buy some lovecas to increase your rank!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Me neither. i guess they have invested a lot of time in this game and rhythm games overall.

This game is just really easy on the spectrum of rhythm games, especially on hard.

In other news, my red team is almost maxed out and I still cannot s rank Love and peace :| , the ranking thresholds for this game is hella dumb.

m0t0k1

It's Kimi no Kuse ni

Thanks for the song guys. Yep that one looks pretty playable. Also welcome to LL gaf :)

Oh god, even though I don't understand a single word uttered, the intro to Part 3 is hilarious for the implied despair from Part 2.

The ending is even better smack another 20k yen at it and still not a single ur.

This game is just really easy on the spectrum of rhythm games, especially on hard.

In other news, my red team is almost maxed out and I still cannot s rank Love and peace :| , the ranking thresholds for this game is hella dumb.

In the english version yes. Songs are pretty easy i can do most of them fc all the time if my touchscreen does not mess up. But in the jpn version i am struggeling pretty hard at getting good at the later songs. But yeah if you played bemani, project diva or osu a lot then this game is in the easy spectrum i can agree on that. But i guess they don't want to scare away a lot of paying customers by making it too hard.

Welcome to GAF Hachitora!

I backed up my transfer code to dropbox. Haven't spent a dime but I've put in quite a few hours now. I'd hate to lose all my progress.

Oh god, even though I don't understand a single word uttered, the intro to Part 3 is hilarious for the implied despair from Part 2.

Schadenfreude.

Just curious, has there been a F2P mobile game that has had this level of a following on GAF? Much less one with all the "bad" F2P mechanics like an energy bar, multiple currencies, etc. I myself feel great shame in the fact the I've spent money on this game, but at the same time I dropped $60 on Watch_Dogs and put about 4 hours into it before it bored me to tears.

Puzzle and Dragons maybe? I can see not being too stoked on spending money on F2P games, but if you like the game then its worth it imo

Plus you don't ever really need to in this game

You don't "need" to spend money... until an event rolls around and crushing your opponents becomes an all-consuming desire.

froliq

Just curious, has there been a F2P mobile game that has had this level of a following on GAF? Much less one with all the "bad" F2P mechanics like an energy bar, multiple currencies, etc. I myself feel great shame in the fact the I've spent money on this game, but at the same time I dropped $60 on Watch_Dogs and put about 4 hours into it before it bored me to tears.

Definitely Puzzle and Dragons it was (still is?) the most popular in Japan. Maybe Brave Frontier aswell? Those games do have a wider appeal range I'd say.

m0t0k1

So much Rin in Part 4.

So much.

I don't see a part 4??? but maybe i am blind. At least i can confirm that his guy is insane in a good way :D don't watch if you have not seen the end of season 1 because the beginning are spoilers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuVkkIJ8ZeU

Don't do it.
Until the guaranteed SR draws come out.

Thanks for adding me leaves i have made a lot of use of your SR.

Did another round and me and nr3 got ROBBED!!!!

So I've been collecting macarons but how do I actually recieve the SR event card? At the end of the event?
Rewards. Home-> Event Picture-> Rewards to see goals.

Basically:
11k+ total score = +1 SR Kotori
End of event top 1000 highest total score = +1 SR Kotori
End of event top 200 highest song score = +1 SR Kotori

m0t0k1

Definitely Puzzle and Dragons it was (still is?) the most popular in Japan. Maybe Brave Frontier aswell? Those games do have a wider appeal range I'd say.

We overtook brave frontier a long time ago. So on gaf we have more posts about ll then brave frontier. But in terms of highest grossing i believe brave frontier grosses more
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=773324&highlight=brave+frontier

So I've been collecting macarons but how do I actually recieve the SR event card? At the end of the event?

When you get enough points. So if you have 11.000 points you will receive kotori in your present box. At the end of the event you will receive your player ranking present. So if you are in the top 1000 you will receive an extra kotori. Don't forget to use the macarons in the event songs also that song is on the bside.

Hachitora

You've gotta use those macarons to play the event song a bunch of times. Doing that gets you event points (so does just playing the regular songs, but you get much more from the event song). Getting around 11,000 event points nets you the card, but placing in the top 1,000 in the event rankings guarantees you at least one more.

Oh also top right when picking a song is "Hits" button, tap that to change to B-Side where the event song is where you spend the macarons etc

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So anyone know what's going on with the TW version? They probably should have delayed that event if they were having problems getting the iOS version out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom