• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

elhaym

I had to take a listen, at least for a few mins. I'll just stick with my non-dubbed BD imports... I'm having the reverse "All the JP voices sound the same!" thing going on in my head though, having it playing off to the side, I can't identify anyone at all haha.

GoXDS

went for the White Day Umi. used 5 Tickets (all R), 2 10+1 (3 SR) and 1 blue voucher scout (UR Rin). wasn't a flop but didn't get what I want )= sad

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I haven't eaten gum is years, actually I think I can even say in over a decade now.

Maki won't change that.

tenton

1 blue voucher draw and 1 10+1 draw on JP side and:

24796684410_1c06e89640_b.jpg
25065969986_d7d8a57338_b.jpg

I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
http://gematsu.com/2016/02/sunrise-trademarks-love-live-school-idol-festival-afterschool-activity

Sunrise, Inc. has trademarked “Love Live! School Idol Festival ~Afterschool Activity~” in Japan.

Back in November, an arcade version of the popular iOS and Android game Love Live! School Idol Festival was announced. It’s likely that this trademark is the subtitle for the arcade release.

The Japan Amusement Expo, an amusement machines and equipment exhibition, will run from February 19 to 20. It’s possible we’ll hear more about the arcade game there.

Arcades Forever.

Yaari

Looks great IMO. Atleast somewhat competitive with the Starlight Stage game as far as graphics go.

Doubt I'll ever get to play it tho.

Hachitora

I heard news that they're out of print of Season 2(?) and that they won't be reprinting(?) so y'all should probably jump on that if you haven't. I can't confirm any of that since it was just someone's tweet, but just to be safe.

I preordered the movie as well as bought season 2 premium :p RIP $100

Anony

you guys think the graphics actually look good?
pretty sure it's the port of the vita at higher res.
it looks cheap and bad

tenton

I heard news that they're out of print of Season 2(?) and that they won't be reprinting(?) so y'all should probably jump on that if you haven't. I can't confirm any of that since it was just someone's tweet, but just to be safe.

I preordered the movie as well as bought season 2 premium :p RIP $100

I'm not sure it makes sense for them to NOT reprint it...they're leaving money on the table. They reprinted the first set, but I guess if they don't like money, they don't have to reprint the second set.

Articalys

Re: arcade game graphics, it's hard to really tell with the super-short clips in that first trailer, but honestly I think everything except the faces looks fine -- or at the very least, the mouths. Something really went wrong there.

For now just I'd like to know what kind of board it's running on, because at least then that would give us some kind of power comparison to stuff like, say iM@S PS4, which is probably the market leader in 3D idol graphics at the moment.

fek

Got a tablet yesterday, always played on a phone and think I got pretty far using only thumbs, I got 5 or so of the dailies EX FC'd but some recent songs were really hard to FC like Heart to Heart EX. I have been playing less too so I think with this I will go back to playing more and maybe will be able to improve again.

Marche90

Switching phones is always a nightmare for me. Diffefent timing values, different screen sizes and different locations of the headphones jack leads to a miserable few days while you get used to it again.

Anyway, to those of you who play on Mobile data, have you noticed a sudden bump in how much data is used during a single session? I remember using less than a mb to play various sessions, but nowadays I'm using around 15 mbs on a single session.

Articalys

Sorry, only play on wifi here. Though I did tether to get a song in once on the go, but it looks like it only used a couple hundred KB. Considering that the game pings the home server pretty much every time you change menus, do you think that could somehow be adding up? Sounds preposterous, I know, but only a guess.

-------------------

The current EN medfes is being a bit of a pain for me so far. Thanks to combinations of tablet-dropped notes, having to sightread some of these EX charts for the first time, and general poor play, I've only been able to get even a C combo on like one out of every five rounds. Thankfully I can still mostly get S score ranks.

Monthly reminder:

DWGbXd5.jpg

Fall 2016 (sometime in week 37-39)
Tokyo, Kanto, Japan

I'm planning another group trip to Japan next year. Maybe you want to join?

We'll be going sometime during late September so we can visit Tokyo Game Show 2016.

Most likely going for close to 2 weeks. 1 week in Tokyo and then the rest in the Kansai (Kyoto/Osaka) region.

You need to co-ordinate with the others that are going and order the flight yourself. I will help out getting us an apartment, hostel and/or hotel for a cheap price. If we get a hostel room we will get a private room for our group, but with shared bathrooms and showers. Hotel or apartment will be a private room for our group with private bathroom and shower.

Estimated budget should be about $1300+flight cost if you want to only join us for the first week in Tokyo and about $2600+flight cost if you want to join in on the whole trip. This depends on what kind of accommodation we'll get.

You will need to confirm if you're going and order the flight by mid-April 2016.

It will be best if we do a group of max 4 people, so at the start of April I'll go through the list in order of who's shown interest and confirm if you're going or not. Feel free to show interest even if there's already 4 people on the list in case somebody else have to drop out by then.

Some of the things we could be checking out in Tokyo:
Tokyo Game Show 2016
Ghibli museum
Akihabara + nearby Kanda shrine (from Love Live)
Nakano Broadway
Odaiba (which has the giant Gundam statue and other stuff)
Shibuya
Some of the most famous shrines and a park
Other things you want to check out

Some of the things we could be checking out in Kansai region:
K-On school building
Nipponbashi
Day trip to Nara
Day trip to Hiroshima
More temples and shrines
Other things you want to check out

And here's pictures from the Fall 2015 trip:
https://goo.gl/photos/qse3Yre9mQjqQdWE8

Going

image.php

MikeHattsu

Maybe going

image.php

1. Thoraxes

image.php

2. JoeFu

image.php

3. firehawk12

image.php

4. Chet Rippo

image.php

5. elhaym

image.php

6. Mokoi

-

Articalys

That's a 0.5% chance to get 3 SRs on two subsequent scoutings, plus you've gotten 4 of those SRs before.

How much money have you spent on this game?

elhaym

Undetermined! (I'm really not keeping track >.>)

edit: doesn't help that I usually spend more on BiBi boxes anyways, so Eli, Maki and Nico are gonna hit high on chances for repeat. =(

Articalys

Dammit, I had a good streak going of medley rounds with at least a C combo rank but that just snapped thanks to a bout of awful play. Still on pace to tier easily though without spending much.

I've only gotten a couple of C Medleys on Ex. I can't even reliably S Rank them with two of my teams right now. I need to start spreading out my exp, especially for my Smile team which has two Ultra Rares (one of which is the Christmas Maki Promo which I focused on so it wouldn't suck.)

Articalys

Just ran the calculator again and it turns out the fact that I missed a few hours worth of LP by accidentally sleeping in this morning means that where I was previously going to be able to hit 60k and get the 2 free LS for the price of 1, now I might need to use 2 anyway if I have enough bad luck playing today.

Top Bottom