• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Live! School Idol Festival |OT2| Despair comes in a pink envelope

Articalys

This event's starting to become a royal pain to tier for, but having 4x EX should hopefully make things easier... as long as I don't keep screwing up the song like I did the first time... with a no combo.

tenton

This event's starting to become a royal pain to tier for, but having 4x EX should hopefully make things easier... as long as I don't keep screwing up the song like I did the first time... with a no combo.

This was the event last year that I had 2700 tokens and was ready to tier 2 the event (pretty much only needed 2400/8x plays of 4x EX to tier). Then I forgot how time zones worked and realized I only had less 15 min left to play at the time.

I will have my revenge on the EN event.

m0t0k1

This was the event last year that I had 2700 tokens and was ready to tier 2 the event (pretty much only needed 2400/8x plays of 4x EX to tier). Then I forgot how time zones worked and realized I only had less 15 min left to play at the time.

I will have my revenge on the EN event.

Wow that feels bad man ;_; Is the english version still working with GMT? you should watch out for that then.

tenton

Wow that feels bad man ;_; Is the english version still working with GMT? you should watch out for that then.

As long as I'm in my home time zone, I'm fine, I know when it ends. :p

Last year, I traveled a few times zones away on business and lost track of when 15:00 JST was in the time zone I was in. ;_;

m0t0k1

As long as I'm in my home time zone, I'm fine, I know when it ends. :p

Last year, I traveled a few times zones away on business and lost track of when 15:00 JST was in the time zone I was in. ;_;

That is why i have a lot of different clocks pinned on my clock app on my phone :p Looks like some kind of trade centre. I never make a mistake when it comes to my aidoruus!

tenton

That is why i have a lot of different clocks pinned on my clock app on my phone :p Looks like some kind of trade centre. I never make a mistake when it comes to my aidoruus!

Mainly the problem is that I keep the times for the JP event in JST in my head and the times for the EN event in PST/PDT in my head. Very easy to convert from Pacific Time to Central Time and back (I was in Chicago at the time); it's just a couple of hours. I can convert between Pacific and Japanese Time in my head very quickly because I'm used to it (either a 16 hour or 17 hour difference). That math was challenged in my sleep deprived head that last day.

elhaym

Mainly the problem is that I keep the times for the JP event in JST in my head and the times for the EN event in PST/PDT in my head. Very easy to convert from Pacific Time to Central Time and back (I was in Chicago at the time); it's just a couple of hours. I can convert between Pacific and Japanese Time in my head very quickly because I'm used to it (either a 16 hour or 17 hour difference). That math was challenged in my sleep deprived head that last day.

Damn, I was totally ready to blame the toxic environment that is Baltimore. =p

Articalys

Big news drop for everything Sunshine:

Main page updated with new key visual for the anime this summer
FughG3M.jpg
Updated character profile pictures

Update staff list

Character introduction PV (using footage from the first two song PVs): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpGdhu8gWPo

First two subunit singles jackets released:
"Genki Zenkai DAY! DAY! DAY!" for CYaRon!
"Torikoriko PLEASE!!" for AZALEA

Also, the international site now has a news page, along with the new member pages and staff listing in English.

Articalys

Out of nowhere, the first Aqours single "Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai?" is now available in the EN game as a bonus song! Looks like it'll be around for about two months.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

Got the S1 BD in the UK today. Didn't expect it since the release date is 18 days from now!

And since I felt lucky with Love Live as a result of this I decided to do a draw and go a UR!

A Nico UR ;_____;

m0t0k1

Got the S1 BD in the UK today. Didn't expect it since the release date is 18 days from now!

And since I felt lucky with Love Live as a result of this I decided to do a draw and go a UR!

A Nico UR ;_____;

yosh yosh. Next time you will get a chance to Honk!

latest

Hachitora

Everyone's listened to/watched KoiAquarium and loved it, right? And listened to Matette Ai no Uta and fell absolutely in love, right? Ok, good.

Articalys

It was previously datamined, so sadly not as much a surprise as the previous Aqours song, but "Step! ZERO to ONE" is now available in the EN game as a time-limited song until the end of June.

So not only did we get both Aqours songs way relatively sooner in comparison to when JP got them, but at the same time instead of one after the other. At this rate I wonder if Aqours Heroes will show up next week during the event... well, the dataminers will find out soon enough.

W-00

Decided to go for an 11-draw in hopes of finally getting a duplicate Smile SR and being able to idolize (I've yet to idolize any SR, and Smile is the att I have the most SR of). No such luck.

But my luck wasn't exactly bad, either.

WOO-HOO! Smile Ultra-Rare! That gives me tricolor URs! And there was also an SR! And in addition to idolizing that Nico, I was able to idolize the Honkers and Hanayo from the same set. And that Kotori is obviously new, too. The rest were wasted on failed skill-ups, but that was still one of the best draws I've gotten.

GoXDS

WOO-HOO! Smile Ultra-Rare! That gives me tricolor URs! And there was also an SR! And in addition to idolizing that Nico, I was able to idolize the Honkers and Hanayo from the same set. And that Kotori is obviously new, too. The rest were wasted on failed skill-ups, but that was still one of the best draws I've gotten.

nice. UR better stats than Idolized SR anyways XD how long did it take you to reach tricolor status?

W-00

nice. UR better stats than Idolized SR anyways XD how long did it take you to reach tricolor status?

Yeah, but I wasn't daring to hope. A UR seemed considerably less likely than a dupe SR at that point. I've been playing since October '15, so about seven months. Got An Angel's Voice Kotori pretty early on - I think it was November, Go for the Goal Rin in Feb, and now Honkers.

Articalys

Seriously, this event is the worst.
Have to skip like half the songs because I know I can't S-rank them with my current teams, and the calculator shows I would probably need 10-11 gems to tier.

tenton

OTOH, I like ScoreMatch, except when I'm really tired and hitting goods all the time and finishing 1st still. ww

(Or in Japan, where apparently my teams have gone from okay to dogpoo and I went a full LP bar where I ranked no higher than 3rd; and that included several full combos).

GoXDS

New trailer for the arcade game that mostly talks about the card system, so I can't really understand most of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHax-rPLfz0

Best I can figure, the four main types of cards are for costumes, support skills, stage/background effects, and for keeping the camera focused on your idol of choice for the whole song.

yup, that's basically the bulk of it. the part at the end just mentions you can make profile cards which you can also use with 2 others to play together at once. and that they're going to continue adding songs, including subunit songs. or something along those lines

GoXDS

can anyone explain how the excess exp will work? Lvl all at once? Lvl 1 at a time and after each lvl up, you need 1 more song to Lvl up?

Articalys

can anyone explain how the excess exp will work? Lvl all at once? Lvl 1 at a time and after each lvl up, you need 1 more song to Lvl up?
You mean the retroactive XP from the half-exp change? From what I can tell, the former; still reading through this thread and trying to make sense of it myself.

Basically, the next time you level up, the game will check your level and instantly grant you back half the total XP that you earned towards every sub-101 level less than or equal to your new level, which is immediately applied at your current level for as many level-ups as possible. So if your first post-update level up is, for example, from 85 to 86, then you'll get back somewhere around 40000 XP, which would immediately catapult you all the way to about level 107 (and giving you all the maximum LP boosts and friend slots you would get along the way). This means that anybody leveling up to 100 or higher gets the max "refund" of 61000 exp.

Those numbers might not be perfectly accurate, but that's the gist of it. You'll gain all the levels at once.

Somebody who was right on the edge of leveling up recorded what it looks like when it happens: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suKyQ2p9N00

On a side note, if you can, I would advise to avoid leveling up until at least the 3.0 update, and until the next event if possible; if it includes the LP overflow like everybody hopes it still will (since you can never trust KLab 100%), and you combine the XP refund with the overflow, you could possibly score DAYS worth of free LP all at once.

GoXDS

Ohh completely forgot about LP Overflow. Was trying to understand how lvling at once could help you in an event but that was the answer. Forgot that was also due to come

W-00

On a side note, if you can, I would advise to avoid leveling up until at least the 3.0 update, and until the next event if possible; if it includes the LP overflow like everybody hopes it still will (since you can never trust KLab 100%), and you combine the XP refund with the overflow, you could possibly score DAYS worth of free LP all at once.

Well, glad I just leveled up yesterday, then (it takes about four or five days for me at this point). That should make not leveling up until the next event much easier. Provided that this update does bring the LP overflow, that is.

Jintor

the new love live single is all over the place in denden town

i bought a doujin crossover with k-on where azusa and nico run into each other at the airport before each of their respective movies and they swap bodies. lmao

Articalys

CAUTION: PRESENT BOX EXPIRATION DATES HAVE RETURNED

And this got applied retroactively, meaning if you had any live show rewards that were over two months old... sorry, those are gone now.

Top Bottom