• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

zroid

Banned
I just realised that you can't delete a 3DS game from the SD card without also deleting its saves. Way to discourage people from getting games digitally.

Apparently it is possible to extract the save file from the SD card, and back it up, although it requires a little bit of digging.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I based it on his Super Mario Bros 2 (USA) sprite hence the blue outline.

AWESOME! Thanks a lot!

Captain Viridian is now officially participating in the year of Luigi (and the ghost busting)!

It's funny, I only finished Luigi's Mansion last month lol. Never played it extensively before.

My story is way more sad: I fell in love with GameCube by seeing Luigi's Mansion back in 2002 in a shopping mall. But because of my parents I played it only in 2006, when I had enough money to buy a used GC, 4 years after.
That's what I think when I speak of a beautiful love story with a great happy ending.

And your Luigi hat is like a speckle, had to go close to my monitor to see it more clearly lol.

Small heads require small hats! This is why I can't have nice things. :lol
Great OT, anyway! :D

I'm pretty excited for this. It's the first hardcore Nintendo game targeted towards me since Mario 3D Land. I don't like waiting that long.

Amaron

Banned
I see DaBoss succeeded in sacrificing the other Luigi's Mansion thread for the OT. Shame on you for no Waluigi in the banner.

I'd also like a Luigifed avatar, pretty please.

antispin

Big Luigi hat for you!
dW8Fn4M.png

YOU DA BOSS! <3

Staplefrog

Neo Member
There's no downloadable demo for this, is there? I hope that's not a sign of problems with the game. Of course, it's Nintendo, so I'm not really worried.

NotLiquid

First time I'm ever joining in on a GAF trend. High spirits all around, I'm loving it. So hyped.

There's no downloadable demo for this, is there? I hope that's a sign of problems with the game. Of course, it's Nintendo, so I'm not really worried.

Why would there be any problems with the game? I can't name many Nintendo published games that get demos.

massoluk

Banned
NP, but actually use this one instead

I realized too late that I'd accidentally snipped off those blue corners :p

edit: or use BGBW's, lol

Nah, this is fine, those stupid corners were artifact from me being lazy and just copy and paste from my steam id profile pic. :)

serplux

Why would there be any problems with the game? I can't name many Nintendo published games that get demos.

The more recent games have (PMD, FE:A), but they're both pretty niche. Considering the review scores and overall feeling around this game, I expect this to be one of the best games on the 3DS.

Apparently, the Next Level guys say Luigi acts similarly to Mr. Bean.

zroid

Banned
of course, it is.. ahem.. OH, BEHIND YOU!
(runs)

edit : I'm french and since I have children, I can't go to the pub like before. I was sure it was this coming WE.

I wouldn't have known myself, if not for the fact that every time I turned on the news, I got beaten over the head with footage of the St. Patrick's Day Parade. :\

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Wired has a Q&A with Next Level about the game. It's written sort of like the Iwata Asks features.

Oh man, dare I retire Tex's fedora for Luigi's cap? Tough decision made a bit easier by my complete lack of photoshop skills! Though I suppose I could always rely on the kindness of strangers... Please?

Oh man, dare I retire Tex's fedora for Luigi's cap? Tough decision made a bit easier by my complete lack of photoshop skills! Though I suppose I could always rely on the kindness of strangers... Please?

You could always use Luigi's skull. Mario Galaxy/SMG2 have a hack that lets you play as Mario and Luigi's skeletons (which can normally only be seen when you get electrocuted).

There must be a good picture of that somewhere...

Jazzem

This was meant to use the circle pad pro at one point right? I'm assuming it isn't supported after all, which is a shame as I have one but don't own any games that utilize it :p Still, if the reviews are anything to go by it shouldn't be an issue.

e67lx0Y.gif

Hopefully this is okay.

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you! :D Terrific job there, I imagine the low resolution of the sprite was an issue so much kudos.

Lucent

This was meant to use the circle pad pro at one point right? I'm assuming it isn't supported after all, which is a shame as I have one but don't own any games that utilize it :p Still, if the reviews are anything to go by it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you! :D Terrific job there, I imagine the low resolution of the sprite was an issue so much kudos.

You're welcome! And you know what's funny is, when I added the hat and everything, somehow the hat seemed to blend in and take on the low resolution style of your avatar. I didn't intentionally try to make it all pixelated. lol. I was just like "oh wow that's kinda cool how that worked."

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Hope we can eventually start talking about the game, though the hordes of Luigified Avatars is pretty imposing. Really want this game to have a smoother launch than the last few Nintendo first-party releases. Sounding like there might be issues.

Nintendo reps who are undoubtedly lurking this thread, if I can find Luigi's Mansion in Target next Sunday, then I'll also be buying myself an XL to go along with it. If I have to download, then it's totally not happening.

Wired has a Q&A with Next Level about the game. It's written sort of like the Iwata Asks features.

The Wired interview somewhat complicates the Kotaku piece. The Kotaku piece references how the game began development in 2009, and Next Level didn't know what platform it was going to be on.

Yet Ikebata (SPD's producer) says this:

"But it wasn&#8217;t until the release of the Nintendo 3D that we thought about how well the 3-D effect would work with a Luigi&#8217;s Mansion title. And that&#8217;s when we started the real work of creating this game. "

And then Next Level says further in the Wired piece they didn't know the platform. So I guess Nintendo knew they wanted it on the 3DS all along?

Hoodbury

Kinda nervous about this one. Never played the first one and am kinda going blind into it. But I snagged it from Newegg for $19.99.

I'm not the biggest puzzle game fan or platformer either. Hopefully it turns out as good as you guys talk it up.

Top Bottom