• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Darryl

Banned
Miyamoto-san and Ikebata-san’s direction is usually, you want to be the best game of that type of game, you want to be a game where you’re the only game like that. A lot of the Nintendo genres, it’s hard to define what Metroid is. And it’s really hard to define what Luigi’s Mansion was. But Luigi’s Mansion 2 is like Luigi’s Mansion. And that’s what we were going for. We wanted to make a game that you couldn’t copy.

this is probably the most uniquely nintendo trait out there. even in easily copyable stuff like pokemon, they've just added too much content for anyone to be able to make a proper copycat without 5+ years of development.

Wired: He does have a huge fan base, doesn’t he? He has a group of loyal people who always want to play Luigi, and want to see him have that moment in the spotlight.

that's right :p

DaBoss

Does someone with the skills want to put a luigi hat on my mountain?

IZ29W80.png

Though I don't think I have skills in Photoshop compare to many many others.

Can anyone include a hat for my avatar?

fvwt1cB.png

Yeah, i also think you had a nice idea for this luigification. Thanks again ! ;-)

I got lucky it turned out well. I thought of just making it green instead of orange, then I thought it wasn't enough, so I put 2 L's, and felt that wasn't enough. Then I had that mustache and it went together well. :)

Would anyon be able to shop a hat onto my beautiful visage?

gPdsbpK.png

Neiteio

Wired has a Q&A with Next Level about the game. It's written sort of like the Iwata Asks features.
The transcript was a bit difficult to follow for the first page or so -- at times, it was hard to keep track of whether they were saying an idea came from Nintendo or Next Level Games. However, it was a great interview, especially when it delved into talk of LM2. It's really neat seeing how their approach evolved over time. Also, the presence of NLG in the Wired and Kotaku pieces gives me hope they'll also be featured in the Iwata Asks for this game. :)

Do we have any idea how long the game is going to be? The first one was pretty short iirc.

Also can someone Luigify me? All this green is driving me insane.

Doorman

I'm not even planning on buying the game (at least not yet, Monster Hunter is going to keep me occupied for a good long while and I still have to beat Fire Emblem, Paper Mario, and Layton as well on my 3DS)

But...I couldn't resist hopping on the bandwagon. :p

zroid

Banned
Not really anything that hasn't been covered in this thread already, but NWR wrote up a nice post about the multiplayer (specifically download play).

I finally spent some serious time with Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon's multiplayer last weekend after being very curious about it. I tried out four-player Download Play at my local StreetPass group's most recent meet-up (StreetPass Princeton represent!), and I discovered that, once you download the game from the host system, you can play the game locally and online without the host.

While we couldn't test to see if there were any limitations to the online (we weren't in a WiFi-enabled area), the fact that Download Play houses, more or less, the full local and online multiplayer is fantastic. It also doesn't hurt that the multiplayer is a delightful competitive and cooperative experience.

Gonna go ahead and get this game launch day next week just in time for Easter. Good to know I'm no the only person who loved the original for what it was.

Could somebody give Jay here a Luigi hat please~? Bonus points for a stache to go with his neckbeard.

DaBoss

Can someone Luigify my avatar please?

0qTpQb3.jpg

Couldn't find a hat for that perspective, so I went with this:
e1X8tid.png

It didn't turn out that well. :/

Hopefully someone better than me at Photoshop will be able to do something.

Gonna go ahead and get this game launch day next week just in time for Easter. Good to know I'm no the only person who loved the original for what it was.

Could somebody give Jay here a Luigi hat please~? Bonus points for a stache to go with his neckbeard.

vmC6ldC.png

Not really anything that hasn't been covered in this thread already, but NWR wrote up a nice post about the multiplayer (specifically download play).

Jintor has mentioned this earlier in the thread. Pretty awesome.

Top Bottom