• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Revven

While not strictly Luigi's Mansion 2, this is still relevant to Luigi's Mansion. Over the weekend (a week before LM2 comes out) it was just discovered that you can break Luigi's Mansion just as bad as Ocarina of Time; as in you can get to the final boss in about 20 minutes.

Video here

It's amazingly timed and hilarious how this just so happened to be discovered a week before LM2 comes out.

Velcro Fly

While not strictly Luigi's Mansion 2, this is still relevant to Luigi's Mansion. Over the weekend (a week before LM2 comes out) it was just discovered that you can break Luigi's Mansion just as bad as Ocarina of Time; as in you can get to the final boss in about 20 minutes.

Video here

It's amazingly timed and hilarious how this just so happened to be discovered a week before LM2 comes out.

Yep I saw people trying to complete any% speedruns of this on speedrunslive last night. Didn't get a chance to watch though. Amazing how stuff like this gets found.

Amaron

Banned
There you go, Instagram'd

91510394910b11e2b9c722000a9e07b7_7.jpg

*channeling hate*

Neiteio

G-Listers! I feel special.
I love the fact NLG are getting the star celebrity treatment, doing media tours, etc.

Speaking of which, there was the Wired article, the Kotaku article, and this G-List feature. Any other interviews/features/etc re: Next Level Games and LM2?

Mik2121

Probably all of you already knew this but I've been on the black for this game so I didn't know anything but... I love how full of little details this game is. All things shake when you use the vacuum, turn off lights and whatnot.. and the way Luigi sometimes whistles parts of the song playing, etc.. lovely ;D

zroid

Banned
Any chance a couple of you JP and Spanish folks could try and get an online game going? Still wondering if the multiplayer is cross-region.

Mik2121

Any chance a couple of you JP and Spanish folks could try and get an online game going? Still wondering if the multiplayer is cross-region.

I'm Spanish... but living in Japan. I guess we'll have to wait until someone from another region gets it? If someone from another region has it though, lemme know so we can try!

zroid

Banned
I'm Spanish... but living in Japan. I guess we'll have to wait until someone from another region gets it? If someone from another region has it though, lemme know so we can try!

haha, coincidence xD

Some stores in Spain have broken the street date, which is why I said that specifically. A couple people in this thread got their copies already, I believe.

Lucent

In a rare display of restraint, I'm NOT watching this. I caught the slightest glimpse of it in an earlier video, and even that moment impressed with its creativity. I hear the battle, in full, is really something in terms of cleverness and involvement. SAVING IT FOR MY PLAYTHROUGH.

Yep. I've been pretty bad at restraining myself on spoilers, but this game is so close and it's not as long as an RPG, so I can't really risk even a bit being spoiled.

Draconian

I understand Amazon doesn't do release date shipping for Nintendo games because they come out on Sundays, but you'd think they'd give you an option to have it shipped to you on Monday for free (to make up for the lack of release date shipping). Apparently not. The soonest I can get it with free shipping is on Wednesday. I have a gift card, but I may just go to Gamestop to get it on Sunday and wait to use my gift card. What a bummer.

Mik2121

Damn, still on the first Mansion after 5 missions and about 3 hours of gameplay or more (I've been playing slowly though, as I like to search every single corner or every room).

Gotta take a break and have lunch, then I'll get back to the game...

Neiteio

Damn, still on the first Mansion after 5 missions and about 3 hours of gameplay or more (I've been playing slowly though, as I like to search every single corner or every room).

So... Having fun? :)

Lucent

Nice! I heard some of the other mansions are supposed to be bigger, so this is pretty nice. I know the guy who said he got 12 hours was because after he finished upgrading he just stopped trying to get everything. Def gonna try to take my time with this game.

Sadly I could only play the first two missions yesterday, but so far this game is excellent. Each mission took me around half an hour, but just because I'm checking every corner in this game and I have to say the game was very rewarding in that aspect. You can basically interact with anything that you see on the screen and that is awesome. Really, it's quite refreshing to have this game on the 3DS, even tho it feels like Zelda at times. For those worrying about the controls and framerate, both are fine. I didn't have a single framerate drop yet and the controls are just fine. The only thing I would complain about is the fact that this game is not dark enough - at least not until now. Some rooms were dark but the majority was not, so I hope that will change within the next missions. But other than that, it's really a great game which is presented extremely well. Gotta love Luigi even more now!
..and the fact that he is using a phat NDS to communicate with the professor amuses me lol.

Velcro Fly

Just watching some of the mission gameplay videos on GameXplain and this game looks fantastic. Never played much of the original but I always wanted to. The puzzle elements and the gameplay have totally got me hyped for this now. I feel like this game took a long time to come out but it is going to be well worth it. Hopefully my copy from Newegg ships on Saturday so I can have it early next week!

@MUWANdo

Banned
The only thing I would complain about is the fact that this game is not dark enough - at least not until now. Some rooms were dark but the majority was not, so I hope that will change within the next missions.

I can't imagine it'll change much; stereoscopic 3D doesn't play well with dark environments or hard contrasts.

Amaron

Banned
The only thing I would complain about is the fact that this game is not dark enough - at least not until now. Some rooms were dark but the majority was not, so I hope that will change within the next missions. But other than that, it's really a great game which is presented extremely well. Gotta love Luigi even more now!

That awkward moment when you quote and see the spoiler...

Anyways, I've seen the trailers and I have to agree if we compare the darkness of the first luigi's mansion to this one. I really hope it improves, but then again this title isn't as "dark" as the first, so I'm fine with it.

Lucent

Watching a stream of the game now and it looks sooooo goooood. Can't wait to get this next week.

After you said that, I went to look for a stream, and I failed. lol.

Not wanting to spoil a lot, just want to see the final build running.

Mik2121

I like that some of the devices in the game are called
"DS", "GC" and "GB"
, lol!

Also, just finished the first mansion! But I didn't collect all the gems, so I will go back and try to find everything, and also something else to.. unlock something, that I dunno if it has been talked about, so I won't say it.

That awkward moment when you quote and see the spoiler...

Anyways, I've seen the trailers and I have to agree if we compare the darkness of the first luigi's mansion to this one. I really hope it improves, but then again this title isn't as "dark" as the first, so I'm fine with it.
Being two missions in the game I don't see how this is a spoiler tho. Even then, it's just my point of view and other people may have a different opinion on that. Relax, guys.

Edit: Oh.. oh! You mean that spoilertagged text. Sorry lol!

Schlomo

Some random impressions after the first mansion:

- The professor talks too much.
- The 3D effect isn't very pronounced.
- AA in 2D mode looks strange because it only affects horizontal lines.
- I don't like the gyro controls, plus 3D is automatically toned down even more when you use them.
- One very small room is actually running in 60 fps. What a tease, it looks so much better!
- Everyone in multiplayer is still clueless.
- It's fun and I can't wait to continue playing.

Gambit

to those playing the game: does anyone use the Circle Pad Pro? Can it be used?

I am asking because the original Luigi's Mansion made very good use of the two analog sticks.

Mik2121

- The professor talks to much.
- I don't like the gyro controls, plus 3D is automatically toned down even more when you use them.
- One very small room is actually running in 60 fps. What a tease, it looks so much better!

The hidden one
in-between the two normal rooms?
That one with the awesome lighting? If so, yeah, that room runs so damn smooth and looks so nice.. too bad it's so small, lol!

And yeah, the professor talks a lot, but the missions are fairly long too so it's not so bad. And I like the 3D just like this. Not in your face, but it adds depth to the whole thing..

Also, have you found
Teresa on the first mission? I found her in other missions, but not that one
:S

Man, this game looks great! :)

Schlomo

The hidden one
in-between the two normal rooms?
That one with the awesome lighting?

I don't know about the lighting, but that's the one. I can't help but think this framerate would have been possible for the whole game with better optimisation.

Also, have you found
Teresa on the first mission? I found her in other missions, but not that one
:S

I haven't started looking for them at all.

Mik2121

Please, tell me about it, in spoiler mode if you prefer!

I don't know if it's considered an spoiler or what, but just in case...

You have to find Teresa (Boo) on each mission for each mansion it seems, and once you find all you unlock some special mission that I don't even know what is about :p

@MUWANdo

Banned
I don't know about the lighting, but that's the one. I can't help but think this framerate would have been possible for the whole game with better optimisation.

They already spent three years working on the game, at some point you just gotta let go.

GRW810

- The professor talks too much.
Not to be critical, but your last point about it being fun is the only point I didn't consider negative!

Top Bottom