• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

womp

Is the US eShop getting a demo this week? I thought I read that somewhere. Would be nice to check it out before its release this weekend.

Man, on two missions I found myself looking around for 20 minutes each, because I didn't know where to go or what to do just because I didn't see it lol.

Also, as far as framerate goes, there was a moment where I looked through the wall into a certain room
(piano)
and I swear the framerate dropped to at least 15fps. It was almost stuttering. I tried it one more time, same effect. Seriously, the small rooms are such a tease when they go up to 60fps. Such a shame the game can't handle busy rooms well.

DaBoss

Yea, one thing I don't like about GameXplain is the spoiler titles of the videos and the preview pic. The titles should be vague.

Is the US eShop getting a demo this week? I thought I read that somewhere. Would be nice to check it out before its release this weekend.

AFAIK, no.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Newegg just dinged an email to claim my copy is now being prepared for shipment and should be in the mail in 24 hours.

Never seen them jump the gun that long before a street date.

Drago

Newegg just dinged an email to claim my copy is now being prepared for shipment and should be in the within a 24 hours.

Never seen them jump the gun that long before a street date.

Ooh, hope I get an email from them soon! :)

edit: Yes, just got the confirmation email! If this ends up shipping today then I'll have the game by Friday. Sweet.

ngower

Got the newegg email as well! Although I'm a bit disappointed it came during vacation and I'm now out $30 in beer money. :

I just got the Newegg email also but I also got one just before they cancelled my MH3U order claiming that they didn't have the stock to fulfill it. If they pull that again I fear for the service rep who gets my call :mad:

I was going to cancel my order (I have a lot of games on my backlog) and then I get the confirmation that my card was charged today.

Oh well, got the game for $32.

The hell, newegg charged me also, I thought it was on the 24th, oh well not going to complain but if they charged they better not ship on 24th then.

JMPerona

Kinda tricky because of the angle but I gave it a go!

culKv3U.png
or
ayqXZX7.png

WOW!!!

THANKS!!

I will use the blue one, but save the green one too!! Happy!! XD

Velcro Fly

Got charged from Newegg too. Said within 24-48 hours it should ship, so I'm hoping that by Monday I'll get it since I have 3 day shipping. I think I got NSMB2 on a Tuesday but I didn't get charged days in advance like this. I've gotten my 3 day shipping stuff in two days before, so if they ship it tomorrow morning there is a chance I could get it on Saturday. Already cleared a place in my game case for a spot for this game so I'm starting to get hyped!

putarorex

I played this for a couple hours last night. It is fun so far. It is been a long time since I played the previous one, so I can't make any comparisons. I think it will be a great game for keeping me occupied during my one hour commute.

grumpy

Ugh, the anticipation is killing me. I can't wait until the 28th... I must somehow resist the urge to look up videos...

BTW, do we have a friendcode list yet?

Wait, is the glow in the dark box pre-order special bonus edition or is it that way for every PAL box? God I hope Bergsala (The shitty scandinavian distributor) didn't fuck that up! It's bad enough that they're cutting us off from Club Nintendo and star points as it is.
From what I heard the glow in the dark box is standard retail but only while stocks last.
What more reason do you need than "Reggie" :V
Yeah, I should've seen this coming.

massoluk

Banned
Gahhh... Newegg is about to ship mine, but I'm going out of town soon. I hope it get here in time. Was going to cancel it and buy from eshop when I'm away.

RetroGreg

Wasn't expecting it but my Newegg order was confirmed and charged.

Me too. I was surprised it happened already. I cancelled my Lego City preorder with them after it didn't charge or ship on Tuesday and picked it up at Target instead. Glad this one seems to be going well launch wise.

A few more impressions:

-Searching for things with the
Dark Light
is awesome fun.
-It's kind of annoying that the lights and vacuum clip through almost everything, including walls to different rooms/outside.
-Oh god there's a
gyro to walk across a small beam
section and although you don't need to
move the system much
I'm sure some won't like it. Was mostly annoyed because I was tired and didn't notice when it switched to
gyro controls
-First boss is cool
that falling elevator scene is amazing!
, but I was tired and got stuck on the second half of the battle so I gave up. Gonna try again later.

Also, Luigi humming is the cutest thing ever.

Lucent

Gonna play this in the dark with headphones on only. lol. Not really to be more scary, but to just be more immersive.

heres hoping for a saturday delivery.
Never seen that happen from newegg

Me too. I was surprised it happened already. I cancelled my Lego City preorder with them after it didn't charge or ship on Tuesday and picked it up at Target instead. Glad this one seems to be going well launch wise.
I have gotten other nintendo games and it usually ships out on Monday. But I have had a couple recently that took a week.

Excellent article. Just finished reading it, and I recommend everyone give the page some well-deserved clicks. :)

Wow... That can mean a couple of things. The way I take it... My argument is that it's different, ambitious and polished. It's the cool older cousin that only comes over on birthdays... Not the tag along red head from two houses down.

jyao

Neo Member
I love this quote:

“If you gave Mario a piece of cloth, he would turn it into a superhero’s cape,” said Jonathan Yao, Dark Moon’s character artist.

“If you gave the same cloth to Luigi, he would turn it into a safety blanket.”

From this article about the game by a major Canadian newspaper

Thanks for posting the article. Just to be clear, I did say this during the interview, but I did not come up with it. It was an analogy provided by Nintendo early on in development.

Glad you're all enjoying the game!

DaBoss

Thanks for posting the article. Just to be clear, I did say this during the interview, but I did not come up with it. It was an analogy provided by Nintendo early on in development.

Glad you're all enjoying the game!

Well regardless of who said it, it was really clever and it seems like you guys stuck by it in the game from what I've seen so far.

As for the bolded, you're trolling us since only some people get to play the game and enjoy it so far. :p

Can't wait to play it.

Top Bottom