• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

BraXzy

I am quite proud of myself to have been able to restrain myself avoiding watching any spoilerific material for another week or so.

And I've basically seen nothing of Infinite either. I'm on a roll here.

You've gone and jynxed it now dammit!

Lucent

You've gone and jynxed it now dammit!

rzFbLEH.png

I'm sorry =p

Katzii

Has it been confirmed that people from different regions can play games online together? I know it's only out in Japan, but I've seen at least one member here in Europe who has the game early!

nofi

Finished my review for the game last night (it's due in about 6 hours).

Bloody loved it, it's really, really good.

Fireblend

Banned
So the embargo for reviews is lifted today, right? Can't wait to get some more impressions/videos of this. The wait til my birthday is going to be awful.
KuGsj.gif

Oh god
Toad
is so cute when
he grabs onto Luigi's leg.
I was surprised by the
number of different ghosts - just battled three lovely ladies, even if they don't have backstoryl
I thought there was only going to be a
few ghost types.

And yes, I am doing it on purpose. A little bit.

Here's my dilemma: I sold my original 3DS a few months ago, and I have been thinking about purchasing an XL with Luigi's Mansion; however, I am worried to death that low resolution screen will irritate to me no end. Is it as bad as something people have proclaimed, or is it simply a minor annoyance that I won't notice it as much with the 3D cranked way up?

I expect nothing but negativity and no review afterwards.

...You haven't been paying attention to Giant Bomb recently, have you? They freaking love Luigi's Mansion. They spent the entire Ken Rage's 2 Quick Look talking about Luigi's Mansion, and then they played it on their live show because why not.

Also, I think Brad's playing it, so I'd expect a review.

Honestly... Nintendo has been boring me so much lately, this is the game that will determine if I continue to play video games or not. So far, it sounds fun but I've been on a media blackout for this game so idk yet. Luigi's Mansion on GCN was super fun though (might be the nostalgia talking though).

If I'm not a fan of Mario games in general (platform Mario, Mario RPG, Paper Mario) but enjoy fun adventure games with exploration will I be able to get into Luigis Mansion?

barbapapa

Here's my dilemma: I sold my original 3DS a few months ago, and I have been thinking about purchasing an XL with Luigi's Mansion; however, I am worried to death that low resolution screen will irritate to me no end. Is it as bad as something people have proclaimed, or is it simply a minor annoyance that I won't notice it as much with the 3D cranked way up?

it's hardly noticeable
unless you REAAAAALLY want it to suck

Fabrik

Banned
If I'm not a fan of Mario games in general (platform Mario, Mario RPG, Paper Mario) but enjoy fun adventure games with exploration will I be able to get into Luigis Mansion?

I think so. Luigi's Mansion games have a totally different atmosphere than Mario games.
This game is more like an old-school cartoony Resident Evil X Zelda.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt

Yes, it's probably the best option you can have for a modern interpretation of the adventure genre. Also it's packed with great humour. It plays nothing like Mario RPGs or Mario platformers. Of all Mario games Paper Mario 3D is probably the closest.

TrueBlue

Honestly... Nintendo has been boring me so much lately, this is the game that will determine if I continue to play video games or not. So far, it sounds fun but I've been on a media blackout for this game so idk yet. Luigi's Mansion on GCN was super fun though (might be the nostalgia talking though).

lol no pressure

Top Bottom