• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

jyao

Neo Member
Well regardless of who said it, it was really clever and it seems like you guys stuck by it in the game from what I've seen so far.

As for the bolded, you're trolling us since only some people get to play the game and enjoy it so far. :p

Can't wait to play it.

Sorry. Hope you get your hands on it soon. :)

Thanks for posting the article. Just to be clear, I did say this during the interview, but I did not come up with it. It was an analogy provided by Nintendo early on in development.

Glad you're all enjoying the game!

I'm glad I'm enjoying the game too! You guys do good work.

EDIT: What I mean is, this game is awesome, and while I never doubted it would be great, it's even managed to surpass my expectations and I'm only on the first mansion and haven't touched multiplayer yet.

HoJu

I loved the fact they said screw it. Back then in the N64/GCN days it was impressive. Now I just want to get to the levels I want to play ASAP.
I appreciated the ease of jumping into levels, but that type of structure makes more sense for handheld games, like 3D Land, as play sessions are usually shorter.

But for SMG2, having just a level select made for an emptier experience, and it made it feel more like a level pack.

Jintor

Thanks for posting the article. Just to be clear, I did say this during the interview, but I did not come up with it. It was an analogy provided by Nintendo early on in development.

ID Tag this man!

zroid

Banned

Good to know! Seems like a great directive. Just a few more days now...

Mik2121

After playing some 6 hours or so (mid-way through the second mansion) I'm still impressed with the graphics. This is seriously great... can't wait to play some more during my lunch break :)

Neiteio

After playing some 6 hours or so (mid-way through the second mansion) I'm still impressed with the graphics. This is seriously great... can't wait to play some more during my lunch break :)
OH MAN.

tumblr_mac3x3mzkj1ruj2iwo1_400.gif

Finished the first boss on my lunch break. Can't believe I was stuck. I must have been really tired last night.

Second mansion ahoy!

I didn't realise there were special missions for the mansions once you found the Boos in each mission. Cool

They are really good and so are the animations. At some points it looks like a cartoon. This is another case of 3DS games looking significantly worse in videos than running on the system.

Moxx19

Banned
I am quite proud of myself to have been able to restrain myself avoiding watching any spoilerific material for another week or so.

And I've basically seen nothing of Infinite either. I'm on a roll here.

Drago

Darn, guess I won't be getting this until Saturday since NewEgg didn't ship today. Hoping they send out copies tomorrow so I won't have to wait until Monday to play.

So some kind soul Luigified Nick Saban for me but unfortunately the source image I was using was crap to begin with, so it's hard to see. Anyone interested in making me a new avatar? Really it can be whatever Luigified thing you want. I'm just terrible with photoshop and so excited about this game :(

I don't know if it's old news but GameXplain just posted (on FB):
"Heads-up: Our Dark Moon review goes up in just 12 from now hours at 10am PT!"
So... the embargo lifts tomorrow? :D

zroid

Banned
So some kind soul Luigified Nick Saban for me but unfortunately the source image I was using was crap to begin with, so it's hard to see. Anyone interested in making me a new avatar? Really it can be whatever Luigified thing you want. I'm just terrible with photoshop and so excited about this game :(

I don't know, the tininess of it brings a certain charm. :p

I love how much you guys "get" Luigi. I would totally be on board if you ever wanted to do a Wii U Luigi's Mansion.

I'm trying to remain spoiler-free, but what I've seen and heard is fantastic.

Brilliant work, guys.

Can't wait to play this; it's looking to be one of the best games for the console.

Sooo, about that secret game...:D

Darn, guess I won't be getting this until Saturday since NewEgg didn't ship today. Hoping they send out copies tomorrow so I won't have to wait until Monday to play.

I'm surprised it even charged today! last time I ordered NewEgg for a pre-release game, it didn't charge until day-of-release...

Impressions, mang.

I wrote some impressions here. In Spanish.

Basically it's what I expected.

A game with soul, that goes right to the point despite Professor's speeches :lol.

I've felt like my-15-year-old-self, that played for hours and hours with Luigi's Mansion in GC.

This is a kind of game that feels and plays from the days when you just put the cartridge in your console and pressed start.

Technically looks way better than screenshots and videos. I highly recomend to play it before judging if it looks bad, like some people have assumed. It's not the first game in 3DS that looks better when you actually play it than when you watch videos.

Gameplay is exactly the same as the first LM but lacking the second stick, which I haven't missed so far. The Gyro controls are fine, but aren't strictly necessary. You just can capture ghosts by placing yourself in front of them.

But, imo, the best feature in the game is the sound. The music and sound effects are so well placed. Even you can use the d-pad to make Luigi speak "Hello~~.." Lovely.

Another word that defines the game is charm. Everything is charming: Luigi, Polterpup, the ghosts, E. Gadd, the settings, the mansions...

I was able to play one multiplayer game with some japanese guys. I dunno if too many people will play this but I can assure you it was fun as hell, despite we lost during the third mission because we didn't worked on co-op. Don't be greedy, that's the point of multiplayer.

Mik2121

I was able to play one multiplayer game with some japanese guys. I dunno if too many people will play this but I can assure you it was fun as hell, despite we lost during the third mission because we didn't worked on co-op. Don't be greedy, that's the point of multiplayer.

Except at the end when the red coins show up. Then everybody becomes a greedy mofo lol

Coolwhip

Banned

Hope you guys will work on a Wii U game next!

Finally unlocked multiplayer last night. The mission just before unlocking it is a doozy. It gives you little direction other than, "Go find something suspicious!"

This game is a scavenger hunt. Which is a good thing.

Lucent

Finally unlocked multiplayer last night. The mission just before unlocking it is a doozy. It gives you little direction other than, "Go find something suspicious!"

lol. I'd like to have "ah-ha!" moments in this game.

Love that multi is an unlockable; they need to do that with more games, think some devs are insecure about not having it immediate.

Important question: Is there still a button that makes Luigi cry out like a little bitch for Mario? If so, I will buy the hell out of this game.

Top Bottom