• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

I'm guessing it's the same exact reason why I had to make it avatar sized. By the way, I'm not using it so it's out there for anyone.

bPm.png

Oh shit lol.

I'll take it then if you don't mind?

Lucent

Yep. Looking forward to having a digital copy always ready to go on my Home Menu.

Bring on the midnight download!

But what if one day they stop allowing you to download it and you wanna play it again in like 10 years then what? THEN WHAT?!

lol I'm just kidding. I would like to be able to access everything off the menu, too. But with my way of thinking it's kind of hard to bring myself to do it. >_<

JavyOO7

Same. I would've been happy to even get in on the $30 copy on Newegg. But it seems to be well worth the full price. I'm getting physical still.

What I would like is retailers also having download codes for these digital games that match the price of physical games. That'd be awesome...

for now or on sunday, can someone please list the options in the online mode please?

I just wanna know what I am selecting when using japanese version.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This hat would probably look decent on there, except for the orientation, possibly...
Thanks. It's not the best fit, but I like the palette best, and the regular Luigi one would just look worse. I edited the hat to face the other way, L fixed and all, but it just didn't look right.

<----------

Not the greatest, but I'm on the hype train, baby!

Chopper

Holy shit, I'm so hyped for this game. For some reason I've never played the original. It must literally be the only first-party Nintendo game I've never played. Anyone know the best preorder price in the UK?

So, I've 100%ed the 1st mansion. Found all the
gems
, all
teresa's on each level
and got a
triple star gold rank on the bonus
mission. Took me around five hours from 0-100%.
And damn.. that
5th gem
was a bitch :mad:. Whatever, off to mansion number two!

Mik2121

I'm on my third mansion but just barely started so I haven't seen much of the inside yet. I like how every mansion is so different, but honestly, for now, the first mansion's art direction is the one I like the most.

Still an awesome game nevertheless! :D Can't wait to play it today during the lunch break again!!

Also, I haven't 100%'d any of the mansions so I will have to go back to each other to do so. I got most of the stuff though... :p

Holy shit, I'm so hyped for this game. For some reason I've never played the original. It must literally be the only first-party Nintendo game I've never played. Anyone know the best preorder price in the UK?

Same here. I've never played the first game. I still don't know why. Maybe I was too young to decide which game I should buy. My first game on the Gamecube was Mario Sunshine. I LOVED it. I still love it. But I never had the chance to try Luigi's mansion....that was eleven years ago...I was fifteen years old...
...oh god...
I'm old.

Chopper

Same here. I've never played the first game. I still don't know why. Maybe I was too young to decide which game I should buy. My first game on the Gamecube was Mario Sunshine. I LOVED it. I still love it. But I never had the chance to try Luigi's mansion....that was eleven years ago...I was fifteen years old...
...oh god...
I'm old.
My first game was Wind Waker. I think I was lttp for Luigi's Mansion, cos I couldn't get a Gamecube til I got my first uni loan. That was also eleven years ago. I was 19. I'm older. :(

Also, I can't believe you're actually rocking that avatar.

DaBoss

Japanese Iwata Asks is up!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/interview/aggj/vol1/index.html

Yes, it has Next Level guys in it.

Yes. Good that the NLG guys are there.

StreetsAhead
(Today, 06:31 PM)

More like StreetsBehind

lol

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

photo1.jpg

Yes! Luigification is spreading EVERYWHERE!!!!

English one is up too!

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/luigis-mansion-dark-moon/0/0

Jintor

I hope someone gathers all the Hat avatars in one megapost soon, before the craze wears off. US release date would be a good time.

Animekatt

If it's possible, could someone Luigify my avatar to make it where the light side is with Luigi's hat, and the dark half with Waluigi's? If not, I'll just take a normal Luigi hat. :)

Lucent

If it's possible, could someone Luigify my avatar to make it where the light side is with Luigi's hat, and the dark half with Waluigi's? If not, I'll just take a normal Luigi hat. :)

E5IpwTO.png

Here's a quick one. I wasn't sure of how to do the L and upside down L properly combined so I only colored the Waluigi side yellow. lol.

Neiteio

Yep. Link for details on front page. But here it is.

So yeah as long as you register the 3DS XL after February 14th and the game before April 30th, you can pick that. It'll be digital though.
Whoa, thinks for mentioning this. I mean, I'd heard of this promotion before, but clicking on the link made me realize I (apparently) didn't register my XL.

So if I download Luigi's Mansion this weekend, it will be automatically registered since I'm synced with Club Nintendo, right? And then I just log on to Club Nintendo to register the XL itself, and I'll be given a code?

If so, I could get Star Fox 64 3D out of the deal (already have SM3DL and Layton).

Man, what a week. I get XCOM for free with BioShock Infinite, and now Star Fox with Luigi's. :O

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can someone Luigi-fy me? I loved the original on GC and the hype for this one just hit me like 18 tons of bricks.

Tyeforce

I'm not sure if this has been answered here already or not, but how many save files does this game have?

I hate that game reviews and previews never seem to include that very important detail. I need to know whether I need to buy two copies or just one.

Lucent

Whoa, thinks for mentioning this. I mean, I'd heard of this promotion before, but clicking on the link made me realize I (apparently) didn't register my XL.

So if I download Luigi's Mansion this weekend, it will be automatically registered since I'm synced with Club Nintendo, right? And then I just log on to Club Nintendo to register the XL itself, and I'll be given a code?

If so, I could get Star Fox 64 3D out of the deal (already have SM3DL and Layton).

Man, what a week. I get XCOM for free with BioShock Infinite, and now Star Fox with Luigi's. :O

Heh no problem. I'm guessing that's how it works though. I didn't read the full details. I just know I gotta register my stuff when I get it and I'm sure the rest will work itself out. =P

But yeah I have none of those. Not sure what I wanna pick yet.

zroid

Banned
Awesome, good to know, thanks!

Also, how does Download Play work in comparison to Local Play? Is the multiplayer the same as it would be if both people had the game, or are there limitations?

People have said the download play mp is fully featured. Even to the extent that it contains the full online mode, so you could play online together in download play I guess. Or even independently, if you wanted.

People have said the download play mp is fully featured. Even to the extent that it contains the full online mode, so you could play online together in download play I guess. Or even independently, if you wanted.

Basically, it seems so. Will be trying it out this weekend.

Tyeforce

Basically, it seems so. Will be trying it out this weekend.
That's what I've heard, but I've also heard that the Download Play was a "condensed" version of the game. I'm not sure what was meant by that, and I wasn't sure what to believe.

Top Bottom