• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I don't get it. Are you blocked from reading gaf or something while banned? I know if I ever get banned I'd still read gaf like always.

You can't read gaf while banned if you're logged in.

NEO0MJ

I don't get it. Are you blocked from reading gaf or something while banned? I know if I ever get banned I'd still read gaf like always.

There's less incentive to visit gaf when you can't participate. Besides I can't keep track of the threads I usually visit while banned so I'm less motivated. And whenever I visit gaf the message of why I'm banned helps me refocus.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone with the game do a quick breakdown of the controls? Are gyroscope controls mandatory?

No. You can use the X and B buttons to aim up and down respectively while you're holding down the button for the vacuum, blacklight, or flashlight.

L "exhales" with the vacuum (haven't found a use for this, but I just finished the first mansion)
R "inhales" with the vacuum

Y activates the Blacklight
A activates the flashlight (hold it to charge)

Hold B to run when you're not using the vacuum, blacklight, or flashlight.

I'm planning on picking this game up on monday along with Super Mario 3D Land (download promotion), and Legend of Zelda OT 3D. I'm seriously gonna be 3DS'd out by the time I'm done with these games.

Regardless, I'm interested in online play whenever GAF decides to do that.

No. You can use the X and B buttons to aim up and down respectively while you're holding down the button for the vacuum, blacklight, or flashlight.

L "exhales" with the vacuum (haven't found a use for this, but I just finished the first mansion)
R "inhales" with the vacuum

Y activates the Blacklight
A activates the flashlight (hold it to charge)

Hold B to run when you're not using the vacuum, blacklight, or flashlight.

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. How are you liking the controls so far? Are you using gyroscope controls to aim up/down or the face buttons? I'm somewhat nervous that playing with gyroscope controls will be annoying if you're playing with 3D enabled, so it's good that the face buttons are an option.

Velcro Fly

My game is on it's way from Indianapolis to the UPS down the block from my house. It's about a 3 hour drive in my car so there is a chance I'll get it tomorrow. I noticed on my bank account that I didn't actually get charged until early early this morning.

DaBoss

I know all the hats are probably gone, but if one's still left someone should put it on General Melchett over here.

"BEHRRRR!"

Nonsense.

JpQYqjJ.png

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Is anyone planning on putting up a spreadsheet so we can all share our friend codes for online play?

Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I intend to play quite a bit of Scarescraper.

DaBoss

No more hats left. Sorry...

AD3dV6T.png

Oh wait...found one. =p

Edit: Beaten

Holy crap. They look identical. D=

Haha.

I can't believe how similar those two look :p

tgqcz7exakb6.gif

Do you realize what forum you are on? :p

logocqub7.png

Is anyone planning on putting up a spreadsheet so we can all share our friend codes for online play?
Oh yeah, that's a good idea. I intend to play quite a bit of Scarescraper.

I will get one up, but should it be 3DS friend codes or game specific friend codes?

DSGamer

Neo Member
So I was at work today at around 10am and I got a hit on street pass from someone playing Luigi's Mansion. What? How is that possible that they were playing it this morning or last night or whatever? I feel like a chump for waiting for the digital version.

DaBoss

So I was at work today at around 10am and I got a hit on street pass from someone playing Luigi's Mansion. What? How is that possible that they were playing it this morning or last night or whatever? I feel like a chump for waiting for the digital version.

Digital bros for life!

Broken street dates are most likely the cause.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So this should be up on the NA eShop in a little over 13 hours, correct?

I can't believe it is so close!

putarorex

I am in the second area and really enjoying the game. Exploring and finding secrets can be fun and Luigi's gestures, humming, and comments are entertaining (I wonder if the voice is different in the English version; I'm playing the Japanese version).

Stuck in one part in the second area though. Anyone
made it to the three ghosts with mirrors in the graveyard? Not sure how I occassional surprise them. Most of the time they just charge me after I flash them. Died a couple times now.

Just played LM at a Gamestop (They had a display setup with the game running) for a minute just to check it out. The game looks really good. Best looking 3ds game I have seen so far.

Jharp

Currently playing through the original Luigi's Mansion and holy fuck this game is awful. Like really, really awful.

Sorry guys, I'm not trying to troll. LM is one of my bro's favorite games and he's always sang its praises. I picked up a 3DS recently and thought LM2 looked great so I borrowed my friend's copy of the original to check it out first.

I just finished Boolossus, and I don't know if I can keep going. I know I'm 75% done, but my fucking god, for all that this game gets right, it does so much wrong. The combat is an exercise in frustration, the controls are awful, and it really doesn't help that I'm forced to use that fucking C-Stick as much as I am, and that I can't fucking invert it. I SO MAD.

Game's got a ton of charm, I love Weegee, and exploring the mansion is an utter fucking blast. But the amount of outright bad, monotonous, poorly designed combat they force upon you is making it hard to feel like the game is worth it...

Just got home from work but stopped by an import store first to pick up a copy. They close at 12AM so I had time, lol. This is in NYC btw.

After I'm done eating, I'll be giving it a try. Definitely would like to add some of you for MP.

Really enjoying it. About halfway through the 3rd mansion.
The FUCKING endless staircase are tough but brilliant, and easy once you notice the trick
There are some really cool puzzles in this. At points, the graphics are so good I'd love to see a Revelations HD type up-port to Wii U.

Last night I had the game freeze in the middle of mission 3-1 though and I had to restart. First time I've had a freeze in a 3DS game, so it was a little disconcerting.

Lucent

Really enjoying it. About halfway through the 3rd mansion.
The FUCKING endless staircase are tough but brilliant, and easy once you notice the trick
There are some really cool puzzles in this. At points, the graphics are so good I'd love to see a Revelations HD type up-port to Wii U.

Last night I had the game freeze in the middle of mission 3-1 though and I had to restart. First time I've had a freeze in a 3DS game, so it was a little disconcerting.

Nooooooooooooo.

I mean, I hope that doesn't happen often.

Nooooooooooooo.

I mean, I hope that doesn't happen often.

I was stuck and running around the mansion trying to figure out what to do (was super obvious), so I think it wouldn't have happened if I'd solved it straight away and not tried running back through previous rooms.

K' Dash

Just a heads up, those Best Buy download codes seem to not be working.

This goes for international buyers, for us is more difficult to call and get a refund, when this is fully functional I'll get some games for sure, I just paid $65 for my LM preorder acouple of days ago, at least I got a T-shirt, lol.

BTW this is my friend code: 0318-6957-0602

I figure I would Luigi my avatar in anticipation for the weekend release. I know I'm not going to get this game anytime soon but I'm hopeful I'll come across a B2G1 free sale in the future or when I beat a few games from the ol' backlog until I start my ghostbusting adventure.

Top Bottom