• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Honestly... Nintendo has been boring me so much lately, this is the game that will determine if I continue to play video games or not. So far, it sounds fun but I've been on a media blackout for this game so idk yet. Luigi's Mansion on GCN was super fun though (might be the nostalgia talking though).
Really? What a terrible way to base your devotion to a fun hobby.

if Nintendo is selling it 2 days early at pax tomorrow then i will insta buy it and play it while waiting in lines to play other games. dat run on sentence

don't let me down nintendo B^)

Umm, so... Did anyone else just get an out of stock notice from newegg? They already charged my card yesterday and said they were packing it and now like 5 mins ago I got an email saying they were sorry but the item is out of stock... WTF?

Note that GameXplain have been rumoured to reveal spoilers for the game. Not damning their review, just pointing out what others have told me in the OT. And yeah, the guys voice makes the videos difficult to sit through.

Has anyone found out the composer yet?

Audio Director
Chad York

Sound Design
Alex McFarlane
Denise Ng
Liam Wong
Scott McFadyen

Music Composition
Chad York
Darren Radtke
Mike Peacock

Audio Tech
Albert Chau

Sound Supervisors
Koji Kondo
Kazumi Totaka
Yoji Inagaki

WatTsu

Good reviews so far, glad to see it.

Side note: Was a little puzzled by someone saying "Good thing Miyamoto didn't poison this game too" in the Destructoid comments. I've seen a lot of anti-Miyamoto rhetoric on NeoGAF and around the Internet lately. Am I missing something?

Side note: Was a little puzzled by someone saying "Good thing Miyamoto didn't poison this game too" in the Destructoid comments. I've seen a lot of anti-Miyamoto rhetoric on NeoGAF and around the Internet lately. Am I missing something?

He's not a massive fan of explicit narratives in games, it's also been said (though I haven't read this anywhere) that he forced such things as waggle-to-roll in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Still an amazing man though, the vitriol against him is upsetting considering he led Mario to where it is today.

Miker

I think it was because Miyamoto wanted the story elements of Paper Mario pared back in Sticker Star, and that game wasn't exactly universally praised.

WatTsu

He's not a massive fan of explicit narratives in games, it's also been said (though I haven't read this anywhere) that he forced such things as waggle-to-roll in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Still an amazing man though, the vitriol against him is upsetting considering he led Mario to where it is today.

I think it was because Miyamoto wanted the story elements of Paper Mario pared back in Sticker Star, and that game wasn't exactly universally praised.

Huh, OK. So it sounds like I can go on safely ignoring it, then.

Thanks, we can go back to talking about Weegee now.

Oersted

Which is funny, because Miyamoto seemed to have more hands on the first one, which looks like to be more story-heavy.

Moxx19

Banned
Audio Director
Chad York

Sound Design
Alex McFarlane
Denise Ng
Liam Wong
Scott McFadyen

Music Composition
Chad York
Darren Radtke
Mike Peacock

Audio Tech
Albert Chau

Sound Supervisors
Koji Kondo
Kazumi Totaka
Yoji Inagaki

So the music was handled in house ( I assume) at NLG, interesting.

Lucent

10 AM Pacific.

So 1-2 PM EST

Because you asked for one earlier I'm pretty sure...

ztznPu1.jpg
J7lZ8yF.jpg

Is it too late for one more Luigi hat avatar?

It's never too late. =P

ekn5VCx.jpg

uhhh i went to ebay to buy a copy of luigi's mansion... it's going for ~$45 usd including shipping... i was hoping to do a play-through before jumping into this, but doesn't look like i'll have the chance

Lucent

I'm guessing it's the same exact reason why I had to make it avatar sized.

bPm.png

lol. I wanted to make it transparent but I'm new to that kind of thing. Been using GIMP. It's not bad when the stuff you're using is already transparent but I don't know how to do it myself. =/

Lucent

I most likely will. Though I envy those who got it for about 20 bucks for the physical copy. =p

Same. I would've been happy to even get in on the $30 copy on Newegg. But it seems to be well worth the full price. I'm getting physical still.

Top Bottom