• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

PSGames

I guess I missed out on the Luigified avatars? :-(

Also any buy 2 get one free deals going on right now? Need to get this and bioshock infinite and god of war.

I guess I missed out on the Luigified avatars? :-(

Also any buy 2 get one free deals going on right now? Need to get this and bioshock infinite and god of war.

Anyone fancy Luigifying my Squee?? Can't get to my PC to do it myself :(

eh.
QmkYT0G.jpg
3xff3lY.jpg
or
wnyTU5U.jpg

DaBoss

Ok Guys, some people (including me) were asking for a Spreadsheet to put our friendcodes, so I made one, quick and dirty.

I took the liberty of using the same banner of the OP, PLEASE, if the owner does not want me to use it, just tell me and I'll use another image, i just thought it would be apropiate.

NeoGAF Luigi's Mansion Friend Codes Spreadsheet

It's nice of you to make it, I appreciate it, but there are some problems. Lurkers can access it and the fact anyone can edit it.

I was just making this when you posted yours. :p

Quote to see the links.

Form | | Friend Code List

For those in NYC:

Later today, Nintendo World should be selling Luigi's Mansion w/free gift. If you're also interested, they'll be selling Pokemon Mystery Dungeon w/free gift as well.

Also, starting tomorrow, K-Mart is selling Luigi's Mansion for $34.99 (and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for $29.99).

I'll add my name to the spreadsheet in a few. Hope to get in some MP matches possibly later tonight?

Nezumi

Asking again for new page. Would someone please put a Luigi hat on the cat and maybe change the shirt color to green? I'm still struggling with Photoshop sadly:(

Gartooth

Just finished the game's first mansion, some initial thoughts.

Game is in many ways too damn adorable, some of the green ghosts will follow Luigi and go "yoo-hoo!" if you don't stun them right away.

Pressing D-pad for different variations of "Hello?" is awesome.

Tons of collectables, finding all the gems will be fun, as well as Boo hunting which looks to be a lot less tedious than the first game. The game will tell you what mission to find a Boo in, and then you just have to search the rooms for invisible furniture due to dark matter. However, catching the Boos is entirely different from the first game, now you have to use the strobe light to trace and then stun them as opposed to using a normal flashlight.

I thought the first boss fight was very clever with it's puzzles, but it was a little tedious because the game expects you to multitask on solving these puzzles, while at the same time avoiding enemy attacks. Granted I was a little obtuse on the 2nd phase which took me the longest because I couldn't figure out how to do the incredibly simple task.

If you ever have a cobweb attached to the vacuum, use the L button to blow with the vacuum and get rid of it. Completely forgot about the function of that button!

amrum

This game has download-play multiplayer, right?

Imported a NA 3DS, but my friend has an EU one. Does anyone know if I will be able to play multiplayer with him?

Correct me if i'm wrong but i think i read somewhere that local multiplayer is region locked, unfortunately.

zroid

Banned
Local multiplayer being region locked wouldn't surprise me, but download play would be strange. I think that would mean they'd specifically have to region lock the file sent to the other 3DS over wireless. Seems unlikely.

K' Dash

It's nice of you to make it, I appreciate it, but there are some problems. Lurkers can access it and the fact anyone can edit it.

I was just making this when you posted yours. :p

Quote to see the links.

Form | | Friend Code List

Well I made mine very quick aware of the problems, I thought it's better than nothing at the moment, I hope you have the time to give permision to everyone to see the spreadsheet.

lmao jeez. the line to buy nintendo producta is longer then most game lines :/
how hard is it to pay for stuff in rapid succession.

luigis mansion 2 is a no go :(

Nezumi

Awesome! Thank you very much! Is there a way to maybe make it transparent though. That would be even more awsome :)

Now that I'm appropriatly dressed I can give a few impressions, though I have only cleared the first mansion this far. This took me around six hours I think, but I went back again and again doing some extra stuff.

As it has been stated quite often already that game is freaking adorable. There are so many little things that just leave me smiling. The first game was already good in that perspective but as far as I can tell LM2 tops it in every way possible. The ghosts don't have personalities? Of course they do. I actually think they have more. Sure in the first game some of them had those short backstories, but in my book that didn't give them much more personalty.
Speaking of personalty, it is awesome how Nintendo finally managed to give one of their characters some. Don't get me wrong. I like most Mario games and I absolutly love the Legend of Zelda franchise. But when it comes to given their characters an actual, well, charakter, those games were a bit lacking. The funny thing is that LM2 shows how little is actually needed to do so. It is not that the game has full voice acting and Luigi might only use a few more words than his brother, but the few words he uses combined with a quite large palete of noises make for much more personality than I ever experienced in the Mario franchise.

Luckily the game doesn't rely on being "just"adorable. The gameplay is just as fun as the it was in the first game and the controls are intuitive. I read that some people have problems with the gyroscope, but I can't comment on that, since I don't use it at all and don't think I'm missing out. I thought that maybe the fact that Luigi can't fully turn whilst either using the flashlight or the vacuum would be a problem but so far it hasn't because there wasn't any need for it anyway.

So far the puzzles had been fun and not too repetitive. The fact that you can only enter the mansions in single missions is a minor drawback. I would have loved it to be more open, but it the missions do have some replay value which makes up for it I guess.

The graphics are really good, but I'm maybe not the best one to judge that because I don't care much about the looks of a game, as long as it is fun to play. Far more important in my book is the music, which is exellent. The main theme is probably one of my favorite videogame tunes and I so need that DS-ringtone as an mp3 to use it as my own ringtone :)

So far the best game in 2013 and a strong contender to stay on that throne.

zroid

Banned
Can't have release date delivery for one.

That is true, although in fairness, the only alternative to Sunday would be Monday or Tuesday (except for those rare Friday releases) -- you'd get the game on release day, but the release day would simply be later. No win situation.

This might be the dumbest question of the thread:

Is anyone nice enough alter my avatar, adorning both, Jill and Parker in tiny Luigi hats? Or even designing a new RE:R character avatar, with Luigis hat :p ?

(If anyone is up for the challenge, even making my avatar look better in the process, ill be pleased. PM me the finished result. Ill give my favorite design the code (from the packaging) MHU3DS (the game) CN points.

I bought 2 copies, only going to redeem one ^_^

I don't know photoshop...so, yeah- my way of saying thanks :eek:>

Top Bottom