• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

That's my understanding. Did you go through your eShop settings to sync your system to your free Club Nintendo account? If so, upon downloading Luigi's Mansion, the game will be automatically registered with Club Nintendo. And provided you already registered your XL with Club Nintendo -- and didn't already register it before Feb. 14 -- you will then qualify for your choice of one of the promo games, free.

I'm curious, which game are you thinking of picking up, Brandon?

Yep all that's set up! As for the free game, I have no idea. I don't have Mario or Star Fox, but I kind of like to get Nintendo products physically so I was thinking Layton.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Yep all that's set up! As for the free game, I have no idea. I don't have Mario or Star Fox, but I kind of like to get Nintendo products physically so I was thinking Layton.

But Super Mario Land 3D would be the perfect game to have on your 3DS at all times (IMO). That game did not leave my 3DS until I 100% it. SML is Super Mario Galaxy good.

zroid

Banned

Layton is really an ideal game to have a digital copy of. I already own the cartridge and I'm a little bit tempted to forgo a new game in Art Academy and just download Layton instead. Those spotpass puzzles would be a lot easier to keep up with.

Neiteio

If you didn't have a format preference, I'd recommend Mario, but I have Layton as a digital download and it works rather well in the format, since each day you can download new puzzles, and that combined with it being like a book makes it seem appropriate to always be in your system. :)

I myself am getting Star Fox, because I already have the other two.

Layton is really an ideal game to have a digital copy of. I already own the cartridge and I'm a little bit tempted to forgo a new game in Art Academy and just download Layton instead.

I've never played any of them, which is why I figured I may pick it-- it's a good, free way to give something new a chance, and if for whatever reason I don't care for it, no harm done.

Neiteio

I won't argue that, but I've already beaten it. I don't remember much of it though.
Oh, you already beat Mario? Well -definitely- go with Layton then. Perfect as a digital download, and a great new experience for you. :)

It was my first Layton game, btw. Really great stuff. :)

Oh, you already beat Mario? Well -definitely- go with Layton then. Perfect as a digital download, and a great new experience for you. :)

It was my first Layton game, btw. Really great stuff. :)

Sweet, I appreciate the recommendations. I'll just get Mario and Star Fox another time.

edit: then again it's not like I remember Mario Land that well and I by no means did everything to do in the game... arrgghhh I may watch some Layton videos or something first

Neiteio

HALF-HOUR LEFT.

tumblr_mc9jp3Rpaw1rhjjioo1_500.gif

Don't know this show, but love this GIF.

Matchew

What about Star Fox? Did play a little of the 64 version when it first came out, but don't remember much. How is the Art game also?

Lexxism

For those who will get the digital and registered their copy, can you verify whether the serial # or club nintendo that is needed to register? Thank you.

Gartooth

Finished the 2nd mansion, great level overall and I liked how the mansion showed changes as you progressed through the missions. Probably going to go back and
catch more Boos / get more hidden gems before starting the 3rd mansion.

WatTsu

As far as the free games go, if you don't have 3D Land you should get 3D Land.

If you have it, Starfox is good and lends itself to replayability but it is basically the N64 game and not much more. Layton's good but I'm having trouble getting into it and I think I might trade it in for something else.

Drago

I would love Starfox with me at all times, but I would never pay $40 for a digital version when I can find retail copies for ~$20 (and already own a retail copy). I'll definitely take a free copy, though!

I don't have Art Academy but I don't really need the lessons, and if I ever felt the need to pick it up retail copies are cheap. Don't care of that's digital or not. I hate Freakyforms and I don't care for digital copies of Mario or Layton.

I wish Brain Training or Style Savvy were a part of the promotion. :/

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
I bet the eShop will go down lol

I'm expected that or it somehow not going up until like 1AM. :p

Finished the 2nd mansion, great level overall and I liked how the mansion showed changes as you progressed through the missions. Probably going to go back and
catch more Boos / get more hidden gems before starting the 3rd mansion.

So jealous.

Mik2121

Still on the third mansion (yesterday I spent the whole day out and couldn't play...) but I really like this game! Except... I still think the first mansion's design was the best, but I have yet to see the last two mansions so who knows...

Jarsonot

Ordered this from Fry's for $10 less, but they're having stock issues and don't know when it'll ship. =(

Buuuuut - I have Monster Hunter and Fire Emblem, so the sting is way way less than normal. =)

Layton is the only retail title thus far that I'd argue is essential for downloading. The daily puzzles would be a nightmare without it.

In other news, JEALOUS.

Gartooth

Added myself to the Friend Codes list, but I probably won't be online too much. I will try to be on Monday night to experience the multiplayer at least once, but unfortunately most the time I won't be able to. My college dorm which I'm staying at until the end of April, has some vendetta against Nintendo systems it seems because I can't get them to connect to the wireless networks. (PS3 and 360 work fine though, and the help desk even says that they can't get 3DS's to work which is frustrating)

dwu8991

Banned
Been watching 'GhostBusters' movie and videogame trailers. And I would say this game captures the spirit and humor of that movie.

Top Bottom