• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Coconut

Banned
wait sunday release... so like 2 hrs on eshop o_O

giantbomb QL mention funky framerate, any opinions here?

I haven't played the game but with all the lighting effects and physics stuff potentially going on it wouldn't surprise me if the framerate went to shit during chaotic moments.

womp

Not sure if this was posted....

But Toys R Us is doing buy one get one 40% off starting tomorrow. Luigi and Pokemon Dungeon will be mine first thing. :p

Alright, at C-6 now my 3DS playtime says 13:39 but my file says12:25 so I've lost about an hour fifteen of playtime to death and the game freeze I had.

This game, though, is amazing. So many times I've had an 'aha' moment when I've figured out a puzzle as some are quite clever. I never feel like my hand is being held, but I feel like there's enough hint to figure them out.

K' Dash

Added Everyone on both Sheets, I'll be deleting mine now that we're using the one DaBoss made, I'll just leave it there a couple more hours.

ACESmkII

Fuuu!! this is coming out tommorow?..

Still putting in work on Fire Emblem Awakening and I told myself I would not purchase another game till I was done with it. But I need this!!

Thanks thecouncil for the Luigi Hat avatar submission! You win, since Ive picked it :0)

Enjoy the CN points!

I can't figure out how to add my name to the Luigi list...

But I'd like to be added ^_^

I'm going to add everyone from the spreadsheet, with the hope someone can add my FC to the list:

1891-1337-8588

Side note: I love Swapnote! And my Mii's name is Tri[cell]

You guys think gamestop.com will put the game up for a digital purchase at midnight along with the game's release? It's currently the only way I could get it, unless Amazon made it available digitally as well-- I have some store credit for both places.

Neiteio

Hey guys I think I may DL from the eshop.
Someone talk me out of it!
Wouldn't you rather have a small card that could accidentally fall out of your hand and slip down a vent or between the car seat while you're fumbling around trying to load it, instead of simply having it ready on your Home Menu at all times, ready to go for a quick round of ScareScraper, anywhere, anytime?

Wouldn't you rather have a plastic case taking up space, collecting dust?

zroid

Banned
I may have to start pruning my friend list if I'm going to be adding more of you guys!

Wouldn't you rather have a small card that could accidentally fall out of your hand and slip down a vent or between the car seat while you're fumbling around trying to load it, instead of simply having it ready on your Home Menu at all times, ready to go for a quick round of ScareScraper, anywhere, anytime?

...yes... ;_;

My GS won’t open till 11 AM and I just have to have a box. Ugh. Wish I could get this at midnight. Aw well.

Really looking forward to this. I only buy my most hyped games day one and the last day one game was on the WiiU launch so it feels like it doesn't come often. I'm ready for it! #YearofLuigi

Wouldn't you rather have a general Nintendo Network account rather than having all your purchases tied to your console thus creating massive headaches if said console were ever to be lost or broken?

I mean I'm getting it digitally but I can see why someone wouldn't want to do that. :p

Neiteio

Wouldn't you rather have a general Nintendo Network account rather than having all your purchases tied to your console thus creating massive headaches if said console were ever to be lost or broken?

I mean I'm getting it digitally but I can see why someone wouldn't want to do that. :p
I haven't had a single Nintendo product break down. But if this one were to break down, my downloads are synced to my Club Nintendo account. I think between that and the other evidence I could provide, I'd get them restored. The day-to-day convenience factor of DD games greatly outweighs the frustration of a "what if" that may never happen.

GOTTA HAVE FAITH, MANG!

But yeah, Nintendo should introduce universal accounts.

DaBoss

Thanks thecouncil for the Luigi Hat avatar submission! You win, since Ive picked it :0)

Enjoy the CN points!

I can't figure out how to add my name to the Luigi list...

But I'd like to be added ^_^

I'm going to add everyone from the spreadsheet, with the hope someone can add my FC to the list:

1891-1337-8588

Side note: I love Swapnote! And my Mii's name is Tri[cell]

Added you to the list. If you can say what country you live in, I could add it if you want.

I haven't had a single Nintendo product break down. But if this one were to break down, my downloads are synced to my Club Nintendo account. I think between that and the other evidence I could provide, I'd get them restored. The day-to-day convenience factor of DD games greatly outweighs the frustration of a "what if" that may never happen.

brofist.png

I've never had any console/handheld break down. I find it easy to go DD without an account system for that reason. Other people's experiences don't really influence me.

Lucent

I may have to start pruning my friend list if I'm going to be adding more of you guys!

...yes... ;_;

lol. The only reason I prefer physical is because digital isn't forever either. I'm very careful with my stuff so I don't lose it. I just dunno what I'd do if the service shut down and I could no longer download it.

If you could back it up on the PC, however, that'd be another story.

Yeah, just saying it's a bit of a headache. But Nintendo is pretty lenient.

Neiteio

Holy shit, I can't believe we will all be playing a sequel to Luigi's fricken Mansion in one hour!!
I KNOW. It's amazing! And I remember you saying you'll qualify for the free game promotion like me because you also forgot to register your XL. I'm excited for you! Art Academy, right? I'm getting Star Fox. :)

Lucent

I wonder if I were to go on Best Buy's site and buy my code through there (cuz I have a $5 credit I could use online) if it'd be available to download right after. I've never done that before. lol

Though then I'd be going against my "download only what doesn't have a physical version" thing. That's why I got Fire Emblem while I could find a copy. =/

EDIT: Also, I just got my blue 3DS XL today, so I can register that tonight. Still not sure what game to pick. I don't have any of them.

Neiteio

I wonder if I were to go on Best Buy's site and buy my code through there (cuz I have a $5 credit I could use online) if it'd be available to download right after. I've never done that before. lol

Though then I'd be going against my "download only what doesn't have a physical version" thing. That's why I got Fire Emblem while I could find a copy. =/
The game will be available at your nearest 24-hour big box store in an hour. Just go there. :)

EDIT: Also, I just got my blue 3DS XL today, so I can register that tonight. Still not sure what game to pick. I don't have any of them.
Congrats! For your free game promotion, I recommend SUPER MARIO 3D LAND. My favorite of the 3D Mario games, and one of the best titles on the system. A must-have! (I also love Layton, but Mario definitely takes the cake.)

Added you to the list. If you can say what country you live in, I could add it if you want.

brofist.png

I've never had any console/handheld break down. I find it easy to go DD without an account system for that reason. Other people's experiences don't really influence me.

United States, thanks for adding me to the list.

I also added everyone on the list ^_^

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Right when I get all excited it starts pouring down rain and storming outside. Please satellite connection/power, just wait until 1AM to crap out on me. :p

I KNOW. It's amazing! And I remember you saying you'll qualify for the free game promotion like me because you also forgot to register your XL. I'm excited for you! Art Academy, right? I'm getting Star Fox. :)

Yep, Art Academy is the only one I don't own. Star Fox 64 3D is a good remake, hope you enjoy it. Still my favorite Star fox game ever.

Zeldana

Neo Member
I'm really excited for this but it'll be a few days before my copy gets to me from Amazon. I had half a mind to go digital if not for: 1) Amazon gift credit and 2) Needing only one copy of the game for local multiplayer. You only need one cart for four people, right?

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Eshop updates at midnight? I left my 3DS at home, thinking it would just be some random time tomorrow. Shit.

I want to play Scarescraper with you folks, but I don't have a good enough internet connection for playing games online ;_;

But have fun without meeeeeeeeeee

Neiteio

so do we get the free game choice after LM is bought?
That's my understanding. Did you go through your eShop settings to sync your system to your free Club Nintendo account? If so, upon downloading Luigi's Mansion, the game will be automatically registered with Club Nintendo. And provided you already registered your XL with Club Nintendo -- and didn't already register it before Feb. 14 -- you will then qualify for your choice of one of the promo games, free.

I'm curious, which game are you thinking of picking up, Brandon?

Top Bottom