• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

DaBoss

Hmm, since you're already playing online multiplayer and I still can't connect, I'm guessing there's some sort of region-locking on it that filters your IP. If so, that just sucks.

Some people who are from other countries imported the Japanese version and played online, so IP filtering is not in it.

EDIT: What happens when you try to go online?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Kinda not loving the new ghost capture mechanic. The first game felt more like a tug of war, whereas this is watching a meter climb mostly.

Cute and charming, but after mansion 1, I am feeling a bit non-plussed. I also kind of miss the unique ghosts from the first game, the more human variety ones...they had some quirky puzzles to capture. Not so much in this game yet...:/

Totakeke

Kinda not loving the new ghost capture mechanic. The first game felt more like a tug of war, whereas this is watching a meter climb mostly.

Cute and charming, but after mansion 1, I am feeling a bit non-plussed. I also kind of miss the unique ghosts from the first game, the more human variety ones...they had some quirky puzzles to capture. Not so much in this game yet...:/

The pacing is kinda off in the first mansion especially at the very beginning, the second mansion is much more enjoyable so far.

IrishNinja

maybe I can help with that, mate, once my ps stops crashing (curses)

ah, that'd be awesome man! either way, good luck with your PS.

kills me that i'm gonna likely end up having to wait till summer or beyond for a B2G1, but at least by then Animal Crossing will be out.

DaBoss

Multiplayer is really fun. It is never the same each time.

Also, these are my attempts:
W8igTCY.png
Wfkbty8.png

DaBoss

beat me to it; great job!

DaBoss, would you kindly Luigify mine? My attempt isn't quite as satisfying..

Sure, could you post your avatar without the hat please? Thanks.

really looking forward to getting my copy on thursday!

btw, could someone luigify my avatar? would be much appreciated! :)

Coming up.

Totally just bought this by accident.

Then it was a pretty good accident. :p

ahaha, you got my little Ryo too...fine work, thanks Boss!

Yea lol.

WatTsu

OK. I've played the first four missions. So I can officially say this game is pretty great. The controls are a little wonky (maybe that second analog stick would have been nice) but they give you enough room for error that precision isn't really necessary, so it doesn't matter. The music and the production values are outstanding, and the game design is top-notch. They show you how to do something, then turn you loose and let you explore with that new trick all you want. It's pretty well done.

I also registered my copy so I am officially Platinum. It feels great.

randomkid

If there are any nice GAF people who want to do me a big favor and trade their Club Nintendo PIN with me, I'd really appreciate it. I can offer up to two of my old unused PINs in return, I've got Galaxy 2, all 4 Laytons, Kirby Mass Attack, a couple others, PM me!

rcl66

Trying to decide digital vs physical. At this rate ill fill up my memory card. How easy is it to swap out memory cards on the 3ds? Is it possible to transfer everything over to a 32gb card? Probably not. Just wondering if its worth the hassle, the vita memory card swapping was kinda a pain since you can't tell which card saves are on etc.

Trying to decide digital vs physical. At this rate ill fill up my memory card. How easy is it to swap out memory cards on the 3ds? Is it possible to transfer everything over to a 32gb card? Probably not. Just wondering if its worth the hassle, the vita memory card swapping was kinda a pain since you can't tell which card saves are on etc.
Very easy. You just copy your stuff to the new one and that's it.

WatTsu

Super easy. You just need an SD card reader and some time.

Here, this link will help: http://techforums.nintendo.com/thread/13288

rcl66

How do you copy? Via the 3ds? Are all your system settings on the card or system memory? Haven't done this and everything I've read about transferring purchases with Nintendo systems seems very controlled.

khaaan

Just got my copy and was about to fire it up when I noticed it only came with the french manual. I'm debating returning it for a new copy but I don't know if I want to bother dealing with Gamestop.

The pacing is kinda off in the first mansion especially at the very beginning, the second mansion is much more enjoyable so far.

I wouldn't say it's kinda off. It's incredibly off. First mansion did absolutely nothing for me. Fortunately there appears to be 4 more mansions to turn this thing around. Not feeling this game yet.

rcl66

DR2K

Banned
Wow ton of people at my local GS in line to pick it up. They were almost sold out by the time I went to pick mine up.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Had to delete Fire Emblem in order to download this to my 3DS last night. I'm glad I did at this point. This game is so great in so many face. I had a smile on my face form the moment I started controlling Luigi, and it never let up. I'll redownload FE:A down the road, but for now I will be more than satisfied with my WeeGee.

GulAtiCa

Picked mine up at my local Gamestop. I loved that they were wearing Luigi hat and mustaches. I like the game so far. It's very enjoyable.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
The amount of detail put into this game rivals the Metroid Primes and Portals of the worlds. It's just amazing. And the production values are on the same levels as Kid Icarus: Uprising, Psychonauts, and Lego City Undercover when it comes to charming the hell out of you. The game plays great too. Outside of a few control quips (that I have now gotten over), exploring the mansions and wrangling in the ghosts is extremely engaging and fun. I also love all the hidden secrets, and puzzles that actually make you think. That's right, no constant Nintendo hand-holding here folks.

Ridley327

The amount of detail put into this game rivals the Metroid Primes and Portals of the worlds. It's just amazing. And the production values are on the same levels as Kid Icarus: Uprising, Psychonauts, and Lego City Undercover when it comes to charming the hell out of you. The game plays great too. Outside of a few control quips (that I have now gotten over), exploring the mansions and wrangling in the ghosts is extremely engaging and fun. I also love all the hidden secrets, and puzzles that actually make you think. That's right, no constant Nintendo hand-holding here folks.

I've been shocked at how little handholding there is; when a new kind of ghost pops up, like the blue ones, the armored ghosts in the kitchen, or the ghosts with shades, they expect you to experiment to find the road to victory. Even the first Boo was like that.

Yuterald

Game's incredible so far. Big fan of the original game too. That Nintendo of Japan supervision goes a long way. Next Level Games did a great job here.

Lucent

Made it through the second mission. This game just makes me smile!

Promo worked hassle free this morning, Starfox is set do download in sleep mode!

First Impressions:

One of the best looking 3DS games. Some ghosting in 3d but there are alot of high contrast visual elements. It is not that noticeable with 3d at 50%.

Ohhhhhhhhh

WatTsu

I kinda thought I had grown out of wanting video game ringtones but dang if I don't really want the Dual Scream jingle on my phone.

I think I'm going to work on that, actually. Give me a few minutes.

I try to make funnyish videos with my dad about new game releases/announcements. Did one for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and wanted to post it. They usually come out bad but I think I did alright on this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGEsCSOOuQ

Also got some funny bloopers from it which I'll post on Thursday. (I like to spread my videos out.)

Anywayz: Got it at GS at 11 and have so far played one mission. I am already hooked. I loved the first mission and thought it was great and its only the beginning! I can't wait to see all the stuff thats yet to come! :)

Gobias

Banned
I really don't know a lot about this game. Is there still some backtracking and minor exploration like in the first one?

Top Bottom