• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

I try to make funnyish videos with my dad about new game releases/announcements. Did one for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and wanted to post it. They usually come out bad but I think I did alright on this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGEsCSOOuQ

Also got some funny bloopers from it which I'll post on Thursday. (I like to spread my videos out.)

Anywayz: Got it at GS at 11 and have so far played one mission. I am already hooked. I loved the first mission and thought it was great and its only the beginning! I can't wait to see all the stuff thats yet to come! :)

Ive seen you post a few videos of yours on gaf and get the feeling you use this forum for you tube hits. Im just gonna be honest and give your video a review a .0001 out of 10 its terrible and not "funnyish" at all, my 4 year old daughter has shot funnier videos on her leap pad.

Anyways, has anyone had trouble finding the game? Im about to head into town and dont wanna run all over the place.

Ridley327

I really don't know a lot about this game. Is there still some backtracking and minor exploration like in the first one?

Yep; there's a lot you can miss out on by not exploring. You're even encouraged to go back to previous missions with the equipment you've gotten since then to uncover stuff you weren't able to otherwise.

Gartooth

This is easily Next Level's best game so far, the long development cycle definitely paid off in the end. (Though Punch-Out! was a solid game in of itself)

I try to make funnyish videos with my dad about new game releases/announcements. Did one for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and wanted to post it. They usually come out bad but I think I did alright on this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJGEsCSOOuQ

Also got some funny bloopers from it which I'll post on Thursday. (I like to spread my videos out.)

Anywayz: Got it at GS at 11 and have so far played one mission. I am already hooked. I loved the first mission and thought it was great and its only the beginning! I can't wait to see all the stuff thats yet to come! :)

what

the

fuck did i just click

tumblr_m1cujlxdFq1r19q43.gif

TrueBlue

This is easily Next Level's best game so far, the long development cycle definitely paid off in the end. (Though Punch-Out! was a solid game in of itself)

This is good to hear since I really enjoyed the Strikes games and Punch-Out, looking forward to this on Thursday.

Strikers sequel with a pissed off Rosalina will hopefully be next on the agenda.

Tenki

Damn, I'm stuck in level E-2.

I don't know how to save Toad (there's a plant in front of him) nor how to go upstairs to light the other teletransporters :\

Edit: done :D

Neiteio

Protip: Kill small critters like rats and bats with the flash instead of the vacuum and they drop money.
mind-blown.gif

Seriously, I've been hoovering up so many small critters, to no avail. Now I know what to do. Thanks KevinCow!

Also, this game is fantastic. Still on the first mansion, won't get to play more until later, but man, this game is MAGNIFICENT!

If Next Level Games, which previously focused on sports titles (Strikers, Punch-Out, etc), can make a Retro Studios-caliber game, then I have to think so can Monster Games. Their racing games have been fantastic, and they're probably learning a thing or two about platformers in the process of porting DKCR to the 3DS. I'd like to see Monster Games try an all-original action-adventure game, as well.

Downloaded overnight and played the first two missions this morning. Loving it so far, but I got sucked back into Monster Hunter. So many good games out right now.

OwlyKnees

Some people were saying that the IwataAsks spoils certain aspects of the game that they wish they'd discovered on their own.

Taken from the perspective of someone who doesn't like to watch videos before a game releases, how bad are the spoilers? Are they contained to just one page? If so, could someone kindly tell me which page to skip.

Love reading IwataAsks, but I'm not in the mood for being spoiled of specific gameplay moments if that's what is discussed.

Gartooth

Yeah that flashlight tip is helping me out so much right now, can't believe it didn't click for me. (it explains the golden mice/bats/spiders)

zroid

Banned
Some people were saying that the IwataAsks spoils certain aspects of the game that they wish they'd discovered on their own.

Taken from the perspective of someone who doesn't like to watch videos before a game releases, how bad are the spoilers? Are they contained to just one page? If so, could someone kindly tell me which page to skip.

Love reading IwataAsks, but I'm not in the mood for being spoiled of specific gameplay moments if that's what is discussed.

Probably the most significant thing I can recall is the details of a certain boss fight. It was interesting to read about, but I'd have probably preferred to have not been spoiled. Aside from that though, nothing really.

I'll check where it was.

edit: okay, I skimmed through, and that part was in the 3rd section entitled "Upending the Tea Table". You might also want to avoid the dark light video in the 6th section, as iirc it gave away a couple secrets.

WatTsu

Hey guys! I made an MP3 of the Dual Scream ringtone. You can make it your ringtone, or whatever. Enjoy!

It's the first fifteen seconds, after this it loops back to the start. I know the iPhone doesn't take much longer ringtones, so this should be perfect. If you want a longer loop, let me know and I can do that easily.

Murrah

Banned
Hey guys! I made an MP3 of the Dual Scream ringtone. You can make it your ringtone, or whatever. Enjoy!

It's the first fifteen seconds, after this it loops back to the start. I know the iPhone doesn't take much longer ringtones, so this should be perfect. If you want a longer loop, let me know and I can do that easily.

So perfect. Just played the first three missions and came on to see if everyone was nerding out over the dual scream ringtone as much as I was

Vamphuntr

Picked up a physical copy. Never played the first game so I'm excited to start this.

Not sure if it's for all CAN version but mine only had a French instruction booklet while the rest of the insert are English only and the box is billingual. I don't really mind it since French is my first language but some might.

OwlyKnees

Probably the most significant thing I can recall is the details of a certain boss fight. It was interesting to read about, but I'd have probably preferred to have not been spoiled. Aside from that though, nothing really.

I'll check where it was.

edit: okay, I skimmed through, and that part was in the 3rd section entitled "Upending the Tea Table". You might also want to avoid the dark light video in the 6th section, as iirc it gave away a couple secrets.

Thank you so much!

Really appreciate it. Will read it now, with your tips in mind.

Bad7667

That video was great.

Really enjoying the game so far. Animation is really great, love the one where Luigi looks for the DS when Professor E. Gadd calls.

Ive seen you post a few videos of yours on gaf and get the feeling you use this forum for you tube hits. Im just gonna be honest and give your video a review a .0001 out of 10 its terrible and not "funnyish" at all, my 4 year old daughter has shot funnier videos on her leap pad.
Don't be a dick.

Downloading now. Early birthday present from my moms. Can't wait!

TrueBlue

Ive seen you post a few videos of yours on gaf and get the feeling you use this forum for you tube hits. Im just gonna be honest and give your video a review a .0001 out of 10 its terrible and not "funnyish" at all, my 4 year old daughter has shot funnier videos on her leap pad..

Tell us how you really feel.

WatTsu

Glad you guys are enjoying the Dual Scream MP3 I made. Could someone put it in the OP so anyone else who wants it later can grab it?

Here's the link again.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Feeling dumb. How do I get out of the study in the first mansion? The door won't open and the bed won't go back down.

I got stuck there for a bit last night.
blow the rug until a switch is revealed. Step on it and the fire in the fireplace will go out. Go over to the fireplace while the fire is out and press X.

Thx a ton! Always wanted this as a ringtone.

GAMERG0D

In the first mansion on the second mission
when you get to the Parlor on the Second Floor there's a music device in the center and it plays a tune, I don't know if it's a reference to anything but does anyone recognize the tune from anything?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Next Level are god-tier status with this game. This is the type of project that just beams polish from every angle. Really just ecstatic playing this game. Can't wait for the next awesome moment to come.

Anyone else having trouble getting a download code through Gamestop?

When I went there this morning their system kept giving them errors when they tried to complete the transaction. Ended up leaving without it. I had some credit from a trade-in that I was using to pay for it.

Anyways, has anyone had trouble finding the game? Im about to head into town and dont wanna run all over the place.

I don't use NeoGAF for video hits. I create these videos with my family for fun and post them on here when its related to a new game release. Theres plenty of videos I upload each week that I never post on NeoGAF...I just post them for anyone that might wanna watch them, which I know ain't many lol.

I know my videos aren't really funny (well they are to my family after I edit them and a few NeoGAF posters.) but its kinda hard filming and editing videos on a iPod Touch heh.

what

the

fuck did i just click

tumblr_m1cujlxdFq1r19q43.gif
That ain't nothing compared to some of my other videos. The WiiU speculation one has mmy dad laughing histerically for nine minutes, on which I also laugh like crazy, because he started laughing after my mom yelled the word speculation. Its the most rediculous thing I've ever filmed.

That video was great.

Glad you liked it!

Next Level are god-tier status with this game. This is the type of project that just beams polish from every angle. Really just ecstatic playing this game. Can't wait for the next awesome moment to come.
Seriously this. Theres so much polish in this game. Thd many Luigi facial animations when talking to E Gadd at the beginning was simply awesome. Also love the victory thing he does when you clear a area.

Just beat the second mission in the first mansion. Loved the
whole ghost hunt game. I didn't see it at first but now I can see the comparison to Zelda that others were mentioning. Some Metroidvania up in here too and its only the beginning!

amrum

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a sound bug...

Did you noticed any bugs while playing, during the cutscenes ?

Vamphuntr

Is there a way to simply roam around the mansion to find the gems I missed or do I have to play the missions again?

I'm having fun so far but I'm not fan of using X and B to look up and down.

Nezumi

Added my fc to the the list in the OP. Tried playing online with random people but couldn't get a connection :(

Other than that I'm still loving the game. Finished the second mansion and got everything there was to get, except the gold-ranks. Was slightly dissapointed by the second boss though:
The part with the stairs was just a little bit too long and the actual boss was way to easy defeated. There was like no tactic at all. Run in circles and suck... Hope the next ones are better.

Is there a way to simply roam around the mansion to find the gems I missed or do I have to play the missions again?

I'm having fun so far but I'm not fan of using X and B to look up and down.

That depends on the gems, some can be found in more than one mission, others you can only get in a specific one. I find that when you find one and see that you are missing some that come before it is easiest to backtrack then. If you find one right at the start of the mission and are still missing some before it is save to assume that said gems could be found in the mission before... but that is just based on the first two mansions, so that might change...

Does anyone know where the
boo
in the second mission is?

IIRC it is in the right room from the entrance. There is a small table missing in the foreground.

DaBoss

Added my fc to the the list in the OP. Tried playing online with random people but couldn't get a connection :(

Other than that I'm still loving the game. Finished the second mansion and got everything there was to get, except the gold-ranks. Was slightly dissapointed by the second boss though:
The part with the stairs was just a little bit too long and the actual boss was way to easy defeated. There was like no tactic at all. Run in circles and suck... Hope the next ones are better.

Iwata Asks spoiler about the second boss:

The whole point was to make the boss easy since the stairs part is hard. The stairs itself are the boss lol.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

I don't even have the game yet and I already put this as my ringtone. Sooo good

Top Bottom