• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

OK, I added everyone who's currently on that FC list! Well, except for campfireweekend, who apparently has a wrong FC.

You guys better add me! I spent 20 minutes that could have been devoted to playing this game doing all this FC adding. >=/

Totakeke

Finished the first mansion... kinda ho hum so far. The online multiplayer doesn't work for me, keeps saying failed to connect to the server. Anyone had luck on that front yet?

Was tempted to just download this tonight, but I really do want a physical copy. Plus I did an 'intend to buy' for the physical version on Club Nintendo. I can wait a day.

Neiteio

Promo is working now. Downloading free Star Fox as we speak!

Also, I did the first four missions of the first mansion in Luigi's Mansion 2 -- LOVE IT. I'm all warm and fuzzy -- the happy feels, I cannot begin to describe!

It pays to be thorough in this game. Literally -- I revisited like every room once I got the dark-light device and found some treasure-spewing object hidden in each room. :O

This game is... Perfect. So far, it really is perfect.

OK, I added everyone who's currently on that FC list! Well, except for campfireweekend, who apparently has a wrong FC.

You guys better add me! I spent 20 minutes that could have been devoted to playing this game doing all this FC adding. >=/

Ughh, yeah that last number should be a 2, not 1.

Daboss, is there any way you could edit that so its right? I don't wanna be left out D:

Totakeke

Finally got stuck on a mission for like 20 minutes. Then I walked off a bit then realized what the only solution could be given the abilities that was given. Good times.

Still can't get the online multiplayer working though :(. I want to do some team ghostbusting.

CrisKre

Played the first four missions and I'm in love. The production values are through the roof! Luigi is the best brother confirmed. Had me laughing out loud with some of his reactions. I really love that this feels like luigis mansion on steroids. Missed that game.

I should also state the sound design is some of the best ive ever heard. Just class.

womp

So is single cart download play pretty much all I need for the multiplayer? Basically what I am asking is, I won't need to buy more than one copy of the game today to play the multiplayer with my wife and son, right?

Got my store pickup all done. $39 for Luigi, $20.99 for Pokemon Dungeon - Thanks Toys R Us! :)

DaBoss

What's the highest rank for missions?

So is single cart download play pretty much all I need for the multiplayer? Basically what I am asking is, I won't need to buy more than one copy of the game today to play the multiplayer with my wife and son, right?

Got my store pickup all done. $39 for Luigi, $20.99 for Pokemon Dungeon - Thanks Toys R Us! :)

Yes.

IrishNinja

as a huge fan/apologist for LM 1, i have been avoiding this thread because im broke and won't be able to get the game for a while.

...but i could go for hopping on the luigi hat avatar bandwagon, if anybody'd oblige

I'm hoping to pick this up today. All i have downtown is a source and a staples to pick up games from, the EB and bestbuy are on the other side of town. If not i may just suck it up and buy it digitally.

K' Dash

Guys remember you have to put your FC on the list and then add everybody, otherwise it's not going to work, I have a bunch of unconfirmed people.

All FC added ATM, I'll go for my game in a couple of hours, shower, breakfast and then on my way to the good times :D

havent got the game yet, but is it truly a worthy sequel to the original game? i really really enjoyed the first one, but i dont trust the over glowing 9+ reviews for this one.

womp

havent got the game yet, but is it truly a worthy sequel to the original game? i really really enjoyed the first one, but i dont trust the over glowing 9+ reviews for this one.

Considering the original game had similar reviews (if not even lower in some cases), and the fact my wife wanted a 3DS just for *this* and Animal Crossing. I'd say it isn't hyperbole. :)

mace999

Neo Member
So tempted to buy a 3DS just for this game, or I could just buy the game and play it on my wifes machine .... decisions decisions

Has Bravely Default got a US release date yet ?? That might tip me over

Clockwork5

Made it through the second mission. This game just makes me smile!

Promo worked hassle free this morning, Starfox is set do download in sleep mode!

First Impressions:

One of the best looking 3DS games. Some ghosting in 3d but there are alot of high contrast visual elements. It is not that noticeable with 3d at 50%.

Controls are easy, but take a little getting used to as is the case with many 3ds games. Once it sticks, it is pretty effortless.

If you like hunting for secrets, LM is sublime. No running around endlessly in huge environments, wondering where to go... Just a mansion jammed packed with hidden items, collectables, secret passages. You find so many little secrets while looking for the "mission objective," it just feels good :)

The game is fun. Next step.... try out multiplayer. Im going to add the newest FCs from the spreadsheet.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
bloody hell, I was working Neogaf's social services and missed the Luigification avatar process. I'm putting a fancy hat on now!

IrishNinja

bloody hell, I was working Neogaf's social services and missed the Luigification avatar process. I'm putting a fancy hat on now!

me too, man! LTTP here and cant find my hat either, its rare they do these things & i wanna join in but best mario bro deserves it

i dont have photoshop, someone L me!

Comin' right up

EDIT:

a2cx3Y2.jpg

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Won't be able to pick it up until Friday, but that gives me some time to make some more progress in Fire Emblem Awakening.

What do you guys think of it so far, those of you who downloaded it?

Yawnier

Banned
I feel as though I should buy this game since I loved the first on the GC, but I also feel as though I should completely finish Super Mario 3D Land and Fire Emblem: Awakening first before buying another 3DS game.

dwu8991

Banned
So tempted to buy a 3DS just for this game, or I could just buy the game and play it on my wifes machine .... decisions decisions

Has Bravely Default got a US release date yet ?? That might tip me over

I would get a Wii U over buying another 3DS. Probably best if you keep using your wife's 3DS.

Added most everyone on the list. Have mine coming in from Amazon, not so sure if I head to the store with the kids this afternoon they'll let me walk out without it.

The music and sound design is really tops for me. Simple, stark, and like a cheesy 50's horror flick.....extremely good.

I tried scarescraper just once with randoms last evening on Hunter mode with 5 floors. I was lost and slow for the first two missions before I started to get to grips but for the final mission I somehow lost all the other people and was 'bustin alone......aaaand I was killed. Can't wait to try it more today.

Totakeke

Hmm, since you're already playing online multiplayer and I still can't connect, I'm guessing there's some sort of region-locking on it that filters your IP. If so, that just sucks.

Top Bottom