• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Lexxism

HotWH9P.jpg

Hope this looks good.

THANK YOU!

Try this then. Let me know if it works, I'm not on an Android phone and I have never used one so I can't verify that it does.

Hmm. I tried doing that but I can't find the song. So, I tried using my own way and was able to set it as my ringing tone but I don't know how to do it with sms tone lol Anyway, a big thank you for the ring tone. :D

antonz

Never played the gamecube game shockingly enough but enjoying this on the 3DS. A lot of atmosphere and fun little things. walking along and luigi starts quasi humming the theme of the game etc.

Setre

Beat the first mansion and having fun so far. Luigi humming the theme every now and then is a nice touch, also thought it was cute when he started humming the elevator music. Someone needs to make a gif of the little jig he does
after the spider boss

Nezumi

Iwata Asks spoiler about the second boss:

The whole point was to make the boss easy since the stairs part is hard. The stairs itself are the boss lol.

Yeah... I mean it does make sense in a way. If you had to do the first part over and over again because you died at the second part would be freaking annoying. Still liked the first one better.

Heading out to Best Buy to get this right now. This gift card has been burning a hole in my pocket for a month and now I finally have a great reason to use the thing.

womp

So how do I save my game? Or is it automatically saved?

Oh shoot. I'm using an android phone.

All you do is right click the file on a PC. Long press on the link in the Android browser should work?

No conversion required under Android either...set it and go. :p

Lexxism

All you do is right click the file on a PC. Long press on the link in the Android browser should work?

No conversion required under Android either...set it and go. :p

Yeah, I already did that. Also, I already set it as my ring tone but I'm having a difficulty setting it as my sms tone.

KevinCow

Banned
I wish there was a way to pivot while sucking. Like if they had Luigi move normally while sucking by default - that is, turning to look in the direction he's moving - then you could hold L to lock his direction. Then they could have D-pad up toggle between suck and blow.

Or they could have Y and A rotate while sucking, and L and R rotate while using the flashlight.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
wow good game is good, in the 2nd mansion, and put luigi under some water and he starts washing himself. it really is the little things. finding those boos is hard though, replayed some early missions, no luck.

Cbajd5

Remember, guys, when you're sucking in a ghost, you can DODGE the attacks of other ghosts by tapping B while sucking. :O

Oh. I've just tried to let the ghost drag me when it looks like another ghost will attack me.

I'm having fun so far.

Wow the 3ds is such a pleasant surprise. I thought it'd be a lame device, considering how people are saying iOS/android is completely taking over, but wow! I have a ton of tablets at home and this thing still managed to wow me, I don't remember the last time I've had this much fun messing around with a gadget, maybe the iPhone?
Anyway, Luigi's mansion looks great, and even better with 3d maxed out. The areas look bigger in 3d, and things felt like they are actually there and the screen somehow feels larger when viewed in 3d.
I always thought 3d is a gimmick and I've never felt an added layer of depth in those 3d movies I saw, I mean I see the stereoscopic effects but I didn't feel any sorts of improvement to my overall experience in theaters and I have seen a lot of 3d films. This is the first time I've noticed an enhancement. Is it because the 3ds is smaller and closer to my face? Am I missing out on other big screen 3d games? Is it specific to games, cause I've never liked 3d in movies.

Neiteio

Wow the 3ds is such a pleasant surprise. I thought it'd be a lame device, considering how people are saying iOS/android is completely taking over, but wow! I have a ton of tablets at home and this thing still managed to wow me, I don't remember the last time I've had this much fun messing around with a gadget, maybe the iPhone?
Anyway, Luigi's mansion looks great, and even better with 3d maxed out. The areas look bigger in 3d, and things felt like they are actually there and the screen somehow feels larger when viewed in 3d.
I always thought 3d is a gimmick and I've never felt an added layer of depth in those 3d movies I saw, I mean I see the stereoscopic effects but I didn't feel any sorts of improvement to my overall experience in theaters and I have seen a lot of 3d films. This is the first time I've noticed an enhancement. Is it because the 3ds is smaller and closer to my face? Am I missing out on other big screen 3d games? Is it specific to games, cause I've never liked 3d in movies.
I'm the same way, never liked 3D in movies but on the 3DS it's incredible. Impresses everyone I show it to in real life. I'm not sure why it's so much better. Not having to wear glasses probably helps, since the colors are so vivid.

Did you get the XL, and if so, when did you get it? If you got it on or after Feb. 14, you can register it and this game at Club Nintendo and download a free game. I'd recommend Super Mario 3D Land -- if you think the 3D is impressive in LM2, wait until you see the 3D in Mario's game. Some levels will give you vertigo -- it's amazing!

Pogonip

Neo Member
On the fence right now if I should get this or not. I never played the first one on the GCN but I need a new game to play since I finished Fire Emblem. How long is the game? Is it more of an adventure/collecting game or a puzzle? I need convincing :x

Neiteio

On the fence right now if I should get this or not. I never played the first one on the GCN but I need a new game to play since I finished Fire Emblem. How long is the game? Is it more of an adventure/collecting game or a puzzle? I need convincing :x
Get it. It radically switches up quite a bit from the original and doesn't depend on it for plot, so you can play this one without playing the first. It's rich in content, polished to a shine, and rewards being thorough and thoughtful as you explore. Experiment with everything, vacuuming every nook and cranny, shaking every object, shining a light on everything, revisiting old rooms with new devices, spinning things or shaking things at length. You'll be constantly rewarded with treasure, which is SO satisfying. And then the progression of reaching new rooms, changing the environment, solving puzzles, battling ghosts... It's all so fun. An action-adventure game with environmental puzzles and more secrets packed into every corner than some of the most layered Zelda games. GET IT.

Pretty awesome. Really loving it so far. It's the little details that make this game so much better than most games, like the Luigi animations, uses of sound effects, etc. I love those things.

This and Fire Emblem could be my two favorite games of the year.

dwu8991

Banned

Get the gamecube game if you can !

I'm loving it so far but the game is kinda giving me hand cramps from the way I have to hold the 3DS. Why the fuck couldn't they let us use the circle pad pro -_-

Starting to think I need an XL...

I'm the same way, never liked 3D in movies but on the 3DS it's incredible. Impresses everyone I show it to in real life. I'm not sure why it's so much better. Not having to wear glasses probably helps, since the colors are so vivid.

Did you get the XL, and if so, when did you get it? If you got it on or after Feb. 14, you can register it and this game at Club Nintendo and download a free game. I'd recommend Super Mario 3D Land -- if you think the 3D is impressive in LM2, wait until you see the 3D in Mario's game. Some levels will give you vertigo -- it's amazing!
already got the art academy with my new xl and LM, will get Mario in cartridge later, there are a lot of 3ds games I want!

stuminus3

Game is ridiculously good. So much content in the single player, and the ScareScraper mode is pretty good fun on the harder modes with people who know what they're doing. This is the sequel Nintendo should have made 10 years ago, kudos to Next Level Games - nailed it again.

Off topic - 3 GOTY contenders already on 3DS for this year so far for me (this, Fire Emblem, EOIV) and it's only March, why the hell is the stupid Wii U the exact opposite of this thing.

wilflare

anyone know of a deal on this?
TRU has a Buy ONE get ONE 40% OFF but was wondering if there are better ones (tax+shipping kills it)

Ridley327

I'm loving it so far but the game is kinda giving me hand cramps from the way I have to hold the 3DS. Why the fuck couldn't they let us use the circle pad pro -_-

Starting to think I need an XL...

I was wondering about that; I have an XL, and I was wondering just how well it could play on the regular 3DS. It sounds like it'd be a tricky proposition, especially with all the buttons you wind up having to hold down simultaneously.

Lexxism

Man. This game is really great. I'm really enjoying it so far. I'm only getting a bronze for every mission though lol

edit: So how many coins do you guys get for every mission? I'm only around 400-500 lol

DaBoss

The dodge mechanic reminds me of Smash Bros. air dodge.

I don't know whether we're blessed or cursed to be granted both this game and HarmoKnight in the same week

Blessed. Now getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon within the same week is a BIG curse. I can't chooooooooose!!!

Cbajd5

I finally played my first ScareScraper game with a full group and it was pretty fun, although we failed at F3 because the person with the key never opened the locked door. And everyone else got cursed. At least I know how to cure that now...

Sanic

I've gotta say, the game's really lost a lot of its soul by not including human-esque ghosts with personalities.

The game is, so far, pretty well done and i'm enjoying it, but it doesn't really feel like a Nintendo game to me. I'm kinda getting a vibe similar to how one might feel seeing a Capcom IP farmed out to a western studio.

It's an adventure/comedy game with puzzles and some collecting. The first one was kind of a parody of Resident Evil. It's a really fun and charming game. Really laugh-out-loud funny too. It's definitely one of the 3DS' and the year's best. I highly recommend it.

Also, based on reviews and what others have said, the game is about 12-15hrs long. The first one was really good but only 4 hrs long, way too short. Dark Moon looks like it fixes a lot of the original's problems.

anyone know of a deal on this?
TRU has a Buy ONE get ONE 40% OFF but was wondering if there are better ones (tax+shipping kills it)
Kmart is selling it for $34.99. That and TRU deal seems like the best one.

Pogonip

Neo Member
Get it. It radically switches up quite a bit from the original and doesn't depend on it for plot, so you can play this one without playing the first. It's rich in content, polished to a shine, and rewards being thorough and thoughtful as you explore. Experiment with everything, vacuuming every nook and cranny, shaking every object, shining a light on everything, revisiting old rooms with new devices, spinning things or shaking things at length. You'll be constantly rewarded with treasure, which is SO satisfying. And then the progression of reaching new rooms, changing the environment, solving puzzles, battling ghosts... It's all so fun. An action-adventure game with environmental puzzles and more secrets packed into every corner than some of the most layered Zelda games. GET IT.

Sounds fun, and with all the praise it's getting in this topic... Yeah, I think I'll go pick up a copy later. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom