• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

DaBoss

Dammit, I've been stuck on the BlackLight level for a while now I think it's A-4. Trying to get into the room that the Boo is in.

Can someone help? :(

Go to the Library entrance that is blocked by a spider web. Use your dark light around that area and you will find out a way to get to your destination.

EDIT: Alright, gonna start it.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Alright.

I don't think you added me yet. Here is my FC: 1736-0341-1378

EDIT: Just go to Friends in Online Play and go to my room.
Tried to add myself to the FC list in the OP but I'm either too stupid or it's view only, so could I be added to the list? Gonna wanna do some multiplayer after I knock out some missions.

3926-4836-6837

Hey I added both of you as a friend

mine is: 2723-8782-5997

K' Dash

Year of Luigi!!!

20130324_143036.jpg

I'm going to add the new people on the list, see you in the ScareScrapper!

Wow, this game is awesome! I was hesitant to pick it up because I just bought Mon Hun 3, going to get Bioshock Infinite, so budget was a concern.

But Nintendo's games are just so damn polished and well-crafted. I love all the detail that this game is packed with, the graphics are the best I've seen on the system, and the gameplay mechanics are very nice with the constant interaction with the environment and fun take on combat with the ghosts.

Very pleased with this purchase, Nintendo have been picking up a lot of the slack that I've been feeling regarding gaming lately.

cryptic

Is this a good game for someone who doesn't really love puzzles but likes' a game with a playful character and fun environment interaction; like a classic point and click?

Korosenai

Went to Gamestop to pick up my preorder and they were closed for some reason, so I decided to go to Walmart and they were sold out. Looks like I have to wait til Tuesday now to get it :(

Ziek

Yeah, I think they're absent on the third mission. On the fourth mission, you'll see why stuff is doing that.

As for your error message, not sure what's causing it, but regarding what happens between missions... When you finish a mission, Gadd calls you via the DS. Luigi then leaps into the air spewing confetti from his Poltergust 5000. You're shown the score breakdown, while Luigi stands on the right side of the screen. Then Luigi dissolves into pixels, and you see the loading screen where the pixels are flying through the green vortex. Then back in the lab, Gadd might say a thing or two, and then Luigi unloads the contents of his Poltergust by hooking it up to the machine that sends the ghosts down to the vault. Are you seeing all of that? If so, you're not missing anything, and if you did miss anything, I'm sure you could quickly watch those bits in videos of the missions uploaded to YouTube.

A simple system update, done through Settings on the Home Menu, might remedy whatever is causing your system to act this way.

Thanks I appreciate it! I saw what you described after the first mission so I guess it worked once. As long as it doesn't change per mission.

I'll update and see if that works.

javac

Man this games coming out in a few days in the UK and I'm missing out on all the online stuff :(

The game looks stunning. At E3 2011 I didn't care too much but then my friend asked me if I was excited for it, and I watched the trailer again to see what all the fuss was about and all of a sudden I fell in love with it. But then 2012 came around and...nothing. I got tired of waiting and moved onto kid Icarus.

Then this year more news came out, pre-ordered it but wasn't too bothered. Now after watching some vid's my hype is through the roof. Can't wait!

Can't believe I'm playing the sequel to Luigi's Mansion and it only took over ten years. I look forward to 2025 where I'll be able to play number 3, too bad Nintendo will be third party by then I'll have to play it on my iPhone 12s.

Vidiot

I'm on the third mission of the first mansion. Great so far but I can tell I'm going to miss the portrait ghosts and free roaming the mansion. Still love it so far though! Will add my FC after I play a while more. Just replayed the original and still need to get the new controls down.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
If there's anything to complain about in this game, it's that some if the gems are mission-exclusive. I spent forever going through the last and most-unlocked mission of the first mansion, managed to get two of the three gems I didn't have, but couldn't get the last one. I was reduced to looking it up on the internet, and oh, it's only in an earlier mission, where something you poke reacts differently than when you poke it on the last mission. "Great."

So yeah, someone mentioned this a few posts ago I think, but no free-roam mode where everything reacts like it should to let you search for gems is sure a pain in the rear. When you're missing one or two you basically have no recourse but to replay every single mission and poke everything in the mansion every single time.

Top Bottom