• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

Just finished the first mansion. The boss was great, and hopefully these environmental puzzles are used more in the other mansions.
But A5 (spider web mission) was pretty terrible. Please tell me that I won't see anymore of this type of mission for the rest of the game...
Yeah I didn't like that one either. I'm at 3-3 and I haven't done any missions like that or worse.

Omzz

Loving this game so far, it has such a charm which makes it hard to not smile. Just finished up with the first mansion and can't wait what's next!

GWX

Just played the first two missions, and I had a fantastic time. I was impressed by the presentation and the overall production values. The ghosting and the low framerate are unfortunate, but they don't get in the way that much, and I'm really enjoying the game despite them. Will play more... wednesday :( Life sucks sometimes...

eggwolio

Glad you guys are enjoying the Dual Scream MP3 I made. Could someone put it in the OP so anyone else who wants it later can grab it?

Here's the link again.

This is absolutely OP worthy. I haven't even started the game. I heard that ringtone in game and stopped playing because I knew I had to find it immediately. As always, GAF comes through. High five to you, sir or ma'am.

Man, I love the small details this game has. For example, when Luigi has water pouring on top of him, he does a Sonic Adventure and takes a shower in it lol.

Also, something neat that I found (not sure if old): you can have Luigi should out variations of "Hello?" with the D-Pad. I guess it's sort of a callback to shouting "Marioooooo?" back in the first game.

K' Dash

I just unlocked ScareScrapper!!!

Does anyone knows the requirements to get 3 stars? is it the time? cause in one mission I got A LOT of money but took a long time exploring and I got only 1 star.

First Mansion BTW.

Stupid question that I'm sure has been asked a thousand times... How does one redeem their free game?

1.Register your 3DS PIN on Club Nintendo
2.Register Luigi's Mansion PIN
3.???
4.Profit

Does anyone knows the requirements to get 3 stars? is it the time? cause in one mission I got A LOT of money but took a long time exploring and I got only 1 star.

First Mansion BTW.

Time probably has a large effect on your ranking. I can get like 1000 gold and no damage, and I'd still get 2 stars if I took like 20 minutes or something.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

First Mansion BTW.
I don't think time factors in much. I spent like 40 minutes on a mission and still got three stars.

RkOwnage

Picked the game up right when GameStop opened this morning and I didn't get to play it for 12 hours (homework and other things) I'm about 30 mins in, and E Gadd is driving me nuts. Please tell me the constant calls stop after the first mansion, because everytime I do something, he calls me. The ringtone is clever, but I'm tired of it by now.

!

Are you guys still playing multiplayer? I'm available if you guys need more people :)

Anyone else enjoy going through a mission and seeing how fast you can clear it? I've been doing that with A-1, which sits at 2:44. I still haven't gotten any 3 stars yet, but I'll concentrate on that after I beat the game.

KevinCow

Banned
I don't understand this multiplayer mode at all. I run around some random empty rooms without encountering any ghosts, and then a "Floor Complere!" message suddenly pops up. I feel like I'm seriously missing something here.

K' Dash

Did you do ok that time? The faster we find the exit the more money we get :)

Edit: Ha…super hard, it may be even harder cause there's only two of us. Do you want to try another mode?

OK, got it, no problem, this is my first time, so I could try all modes, haha.

Are you guys still playing multiplayer? I'm available if you guys need more people :)

Anyone else enjoy going through a mission and seeing how fast you can clear it? I've been doing that with A-1, which sits at 2:44. I still haven't gotten any 3 stars yet, but I'll concentrate on that after I beat the game.

Dash and I are trying Rush mode (or any mode you guys want to play). :) Rush is fun though and challenging and requires alot of cooperation to get through!

Edit: I opened a Hunter game with 5 floors…we can kinda explore on our own without too much at stake at first in this mode.

K' Dash

Icite is making a room, join us!

Vamphuntr

The second mansion is so much better than the first. The first one felt like a giant tutorial followed by a great boss battle. This is pretty great now.

Do you get anything from multiplayer outside of the coins you keep? I tried a 5 floor hunt and we won and was wondering if there is stuff to unlock in multi?

Damn you Americans. These impressions are building me to hype levels I haven't had for a game since... you know, I can't remember. Can't wait for Thursday, going to preorder it tomorrow I think, just in case (and so I can lord the Boo Stress Ball over you all).

To people taking pictures of Luigi figures, wish I had this still!

Z0071674.jpg

Top Bottom