• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

OryoN

I'm really loving this game so far (only on the 3rd "quest" right now) and expect it'll only get better. Luigi's Mansion 2 - as with any highly polished Nintendo game - has more charm in its first few playable minutes than most games have in their entirety. There just so much fine details that makes you fall in love with both the character AND the thrill of controlling him. The character animation in this game is very well done and is a huge part of what makes the game so gorgeous to watch. Sometimes I'm amazed at how it easily puts most console games to shame.

The puzzles/secrets so far are intricately put together. It preserves the feel of exploration without ruining the experience with obnoxiously placed "clues" that point you in the right direction every step of the way(like 95% of games today). While visual clues are used, most are subtle enough to be overlooked if you aren't vigilant. I was stuck today while trying to retrive those one of those 4 gears, but searching for that clue I obviously had missed, added a bit more joy to my exploration without any sign of frustration.(Nint always nails this aspect with games like Zelda).

LM2 is shaping up to be quite a gem!

I'm currently going through a 10F ScareScraper by myself since everyone else left.

I'm getting really lucky with these Red Coin Scrambles lol.

TDLink

Just beat the boss of the first mansion. This game is fantastic. I love every single part of it. Just oozes with charm and I am shining my darklight everywhere and vacuuming everything just to try not to miss things (and there are still gems I have missed). I was stumped for a few minutes on the boss too but once I figured it out I had the biggest smile on my face. Very clever and I hope the puzzles get even better in the next mansion and beyond. Really enjoying this so far.

hatchx

Banned
A little bit into the second mansion, really loving this game. Controls clicked for me and now everything feels really good. Online multiplayer was a bit wank for me today, but I guess that's expected on the first day.

The graphics, animation, and sound in this game are brilliant. Nothing quite like it. An action-puzzle-adventure.

Got a 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart for $129.99 today (the clerk matched the wrong price!) and picked up Luigi's Mansion with it. Pretty damn awesome game! I'd love to play with some of you fools sometime

Katzii

Will be getting this on Thursday when we get a release here.

Has it been confirmed whether you can play online with people of different regions, and do you get to choose your Luigi colour in multiplayer?

eggwolio

Got a 3DS XL w/ Mario Kart for $129.99 today (the clerk matched the wrong price!) and picked up Luigi's Mansion with it. Pretty damn awesome game! I'd love to play with some of you fools sometime

You had a lucky day! Don't forget to register your system and game so you get the bonus download. Congrats.

Will be getting this on Thursday when we get a release here.

Has it been confirmed whether you can play online with people of different regions, and do you get to choose your Luigi colour in multiplayer?

Most of my matches have actually been with Japanese so yeah, it's not region locked for online. You don't choose the colour, it's player order.

CrisKre

Woah! I'm on the second mansion and I have to say: next level outdid themselves! This game feels like something retro would do. It's absolutely fanatic in every possible way.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Luigi's Mansion is one of the few games that made me jealous of Gamecube owners back in the day, so I was really excited to get a chance to join in the fun. I'm not far, but as of the third mission it's already exceeded my expectations. It feels nice to play such a relaxed, exploration-heavy game. I'm really taking my time with it. My mission times have been between 25-30 minutes, but I don't feel like I'm actually dragging it out. There's just so much to check out. I can't stop running around flashing and sucking things. Uh, finding secrets is fun.

Bladenic

Ordered my 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion 2. Can't wait. I also ordered PL 4 but I'll probably get SMB3D so I don't get burned out.

Luigi's Mansion is one of my favorite GC games and it was my first, so I hope Dark Moon follows suit :D

bryehn

Stuck again, maybe I was just too tired yesterday, but I can't seem to figure out how to investigate the music in the library. The piano is playing itself and the books are doing their best Ghostbusters impression. I seem to have sucked/blown and flashed everywhere in that room.

Billy Lee

I'm tempted to buy it but is it more of the same as the first one? I enjoyed and completed the first game on the GameCube but I'm a bit reluctant to get this if it's basically the same game I played all those years ago.

Not sure whether to get this or Castlevania: Mirror of Fate.

Nezumi

Stuck again, maybe I was just too tired yesterday, but I can't seem to figure out how to investigate the music in the library. The piano is playing itself and the books are doing their best Ghostbusters impression. I seem to have sucked/blown and flashed everywhere in that room.

Are you still on the upper floor of the library? If yes just leave and go on. You need to get on the lower level.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Interesting, Luigi's Mansion 2 is the same price on the eShop as it is on Amazon.de:

Die Neuheiten der Woche auf einen Blick:

Wii U

- LEGO City Undercover (Preis: 59,99 Euro)

Nintendo 3DS

- Luigi’s Mansion 2 (Preis: 44,99 Euro)
- Resident Evil Revelations (Preis: 29,99 Euro)
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Preis: 9,99 Euro)
- Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell 3D (Preis: 19,99 Euro)
- Heroes of Ruin (Preis: 24,99 Euro)
- HarmoKnight (Preis: 14,99 Euro)
- Code of Princess (Preis: 29,99 Euro)
- 50 Classic Games 3D (Preis: 4,99 Euro)
- escapeVektor (Preis bis zum 11. April -50%: 5,00 Euro von 10,00 Euro)
- Fire Emblem: Awakening Demo (Preis: kostenlos)
- Harvest Moon (Preis: 4,99 Euro)
- The Beet Party : Unidentified Flying Waffle (Preis: 0,99 Euro)
- Save Data Transfer Tool (Preis: kostenlos)

Lego City Undercover is 5 Euros more on eShop.

I'm surprised so many people having problems with the A-4 mission and the dark light overall. I had more problems finding all gems in that mansion. Funny enough, I found all the gems and Boo's in mansion #3 in one go.

Nezumi

I'm having withdrawl. Husband took the 3DS with him when he left for work (well it is his, afterall). I want to play :(

I also find it funny that a lot of people have trouble with the black light. Once I got it I just started using it all the time. Found every boo and every gem in the second mansion without even having to go back to search. Just had to replay B4 because
I messed up the red coin mission the first time and you can only do it once and only in that mission. Well maybe in the Bonus mission aswell, I have not tried it.

I'm having withdrawl. Husband took the 3DS with him when he left for work (well it is his, afterall). I want to play :(

I also find it funny that a lot of people have trouble with the black light. Once I got it I just started using it all the time. Found every boo and every gem in the second mansion without even having to go back to search. Just had to replay B4 because
I messed up the red coin mission the first time and you can only do it once and only in that mission. Well maybe in the Bonus mission aswell, I have not tried it.

Haha, that's exactly what happened in my playthrough of that area as well.

The only problem I had with A-4 mission was fighting against Boo. What a shitty tactics I had against him. :lol

What did you do?

(And admittedly, the Boo fights should be a little harder. Luigi just curbstomps them in this game, at least up to where I am. Gotta love how they bounce around, though. lol)

antispin

Someone explain the combat mechanics please. What's up with the numbers when you vacuum a ghost? Are you supposed to be mashing A? B is for dodge but is there timing involved? Tips?

Great game! Played the first mission twice for twice the awesome. So many secrets!

XaosWolf

ShopTo just took my money. Been a long week but... itshappening.gif =D

Will hit this thread up and post the ol' Friend Code once the ScareScraper is available.

codhand

ipad1pictures0179iixyq.jpg

ipad1pictures0176o9bh4.jpg

ipad1pictures0178hzlov.jpg

few pics from the launch

The coolest was this talking Luigi the store displayed on a TV screen, where Luigi was able to answer questions from people, and or do backflips.

The line was about two and a half hours I'd say.

I overheard the Luigi suit guy at the front of the line tell someone he was there for two days. When I finally got inside he was still in the store just chillin.

Pikachu dude playing a melodica was just too much, had to snap the shot.

OwlyKnees

ShopTo just took my money. Been a long week but... itshappening.gif =D

Will hit this thread up and post the ol' Friend Code once the ScareScraper is available.

So your copy has been dispatched? I already paid mine in advance. Would love for it to be dispatched today.

Let me know if it does.

XaosWolf

So your copy has been dispatched? I already paid mine in advance. Would love for it to be dispatched today.

Let me know if it does.

Not dispatched yet as far as I know, but they've skipped the Dispatch notice once or twice before. (I usually get duplicate dispatch emails)

I'll know for sure come 5PM-ish, and I'll let you know. =)

OwlyKnees

Not dispatched yet as far as I know, but they've skipped the Dispatch notice once or twice before. (I usually get duplicate dispatch emails)

I'll know for sure come 5PM-ish, and I'll let you know. =)

Thanks!

Yeah, I've also missed out on dispatch emails before, which is why I was curious. Have to hope they are sending it out today, seeing as Game has already started.

m.i.s.

Banned
£30 is the best price in the UK then? The equivalent of $45.65 US dollars [though inclusive of taxes and delivery].

Someone explain the combat mechanics please. What's up with the numbers when you vacuum a ghost? Are you supposed to be mashing A? B is for dodge but is there timing involved? Tips?

Great game! Played the first mission twice for twice the awesome. So many secrets!
the numbers are the ghosts health. You can only finally vacuum them once they reach 0. You have to pull them using the stick, then your bar will start filling up, when it's full it'll prompt you to press A which will make the ghosts health drop quicker or eventually capture it.

Top Bottom