• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon |OT| Take ghost-busting to the Next Level

We were doing Hunter…we can do Rsh if you want….I'd say we should start with 5 floors on that so everyone can get a feel of where they should be and how it works…it's much easier to game over.

Also: added you FearMyWrench

Edit: I'm going to go with a 10 Floor Hunter to kinda get familiar.

We were doing Hunter…we can do Rsh if you want….I'd say we should start with 5 floors on that so everyone can get a feel of where they should be and how it works…it's much easier to game over.

Also: added you FearMyWrench

True..we should start with 5, especially since it's Fear's 1st time.

bridegur

I've only played for an hour, but I'm loving this. Incredibly charming and fun to play, plus it looks surprisingly better than any of the videos or screenshots I've seen.

Madouu

I just spent the last ten minutes humming the game's music along with Luigi with a big smile on my face, haha truly great. I'm still stuck on the first mission because of this, I just don't want to advance further...

The attention to the little details seems to be great in this game. Another funny thing I found is when you make Luigi spin several times around himself, he'll make an additional last spin at the end like he's finishing up a dance.

God damn I'm loving this, I haven't felt in love with a game's presentation in the first few minutes so much in a very very very long while!

K' Dash

Well I don't know what happened there Incite, but I was left alone in the room, I finished it alone but then I was killed in floor 8 :(

Now I see, my brother started streaming a movie, well I have to get some sleep anyway, see you guys tomorrow, great game!

Damn! You made it most of the way ;-)

Good game guys, you've picked it up quickly.

I was thinking as we played this time how it can be easy for people to mistake the cooperative elements at the easier levels. You really need to start working together past floor 5.

jasonng

So frustrating you can't choose to be the superior Pink Luigi. I almost don't want to play the game because of it. Almost.

I'll be adding you guys on the FC list. Mine's 2423-2312-6049

I love the variety in the ghosts. Does the game have a lot of different ghosts that are unique to their mansions? I think the first game was repetitive with the ghosts.

eggwolio

I'm starting to fear this game isn't for me. Or maybe I just took stupid pills this morning. I'm stuck on A-2.

The ghosts with the gears...I cleared the front rooms both upstairs and downstairs but can't figure out how to get in the other two. Driving me bonkers.

I'm starting to fear this game isn't for me. Or maybe I just took stupid pills this morning. I'm stuck on A-2.

The ghosts with the gears...I cleared the front rooms both upstairs and downstairs but can't figure out how to get in the other two. Driving me bonkers.

Check upstairs again...there's a door you have to unlock with a key that I completely forgot I had for a while.

Neiteio

I'm now in the second world, Haunted Towers. (It's not a spoiler to say the name -- it's right in the thread's OP)

I'm really digging the look of this place -- the atmosphere and attention to detail is impeccable. And right off the bat it's layered with so many secrets, since you start it with access to the dark-light, etc. Amazing stuff, and I can't wait to play more.

I also tried ScareScraper. It'll take some time to get a handle on its intricacies. I tried it on Normal difficulty in Hunter mode; everyone kind of went off and did their own thing, so I'm thinking that next time, I'll try a higher difficulty in the hopes of everyone teaming up more.

I'm now in the second world, Haunted Towers. (It's not a spoiler to say the name -- it's right in the thread's OP)

I'm really digging the look of this place -- the atmosphere and attention to detail is impeccable. And right off the bat it's layered with so many secrets, since you start it with access to the dark-light, etc. Amazing stuff, and I can't wait to play more.

I also tried ScareScraper. It'll take some time to get a handle on its intricacies. I tried it on Normal difficulty in Hunter mode; everyone kind of went off and did their own thing, so I'm thinking that next time, I'll try a higher difficulty in the hopes of everyone teaming up more.

People do their own thing in the first few floors as you don't need to team up to take the ghosts on as much….you start noticing how necessary it is to work together when you get to the higher floors. Rush mode is brutal if you don't work together and keep your objective in mind, I had several games where we couldn't get passed floor 1.

I did that, but the door in there just slams me into the wall.

Argh, I just finished this one too....
the room on the second floor, bottom left of the map...there's a dumbwaiter in there that takes you down to the blocked room on the first floor. Check the ceiling fan and the music box dealie...
if that room's still locked, I can't remember where I found all the keys....

EDIT: Man I'm way off, that other guy knows what's up.

jasonng

That was my first time playing rush mode. My only intention was scouting ahead for more time and red coins. I SHOULD GET MORE POINTS FOR BEING A TEAM PLAYER.

Rush mode is now my new favorite mode.

Memles

Look to the left. There should be some kind of cord you pull down with your vacuum if I remember correctly.

Slightly more specific, in case:
There's a murphy bed hidden in the wall next to the door.

Picked up the game today, and have played through the first mansion, and I had a huge smile on my face the whole time. I have fond memories of playing through Luigi's Mansion back in 2001, and so I'm thrilled to see that the charm of that game hasn't been lost in the 12 years since.

Top Bottom